Never go to bed mad. Stay up and fight. -- Phyllis Diller, "Phyllis Diller's Housekeeping Hints"

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Near Miss of the Day 672: Bus driver pulls in while overtaking cyclist (video includes swearing)

SubjectAuthor
* Near Miss of the Day 672: Bus driver pulls in while overtakingswldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: Near Miss of the Day 672: Bus driver pulls in while overtakingJNugent
`- Re: Near Miss of the Day 672: Bus driver pulls in while overtakingswldx...@gmail.com

1
Near Miss of the Day 672: Bus driver pulls in while overtaking cyclist (video includes swearing)

<486a4748-0e8e-4e6e-94f9-d360d050e975n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4650&group=uk.rec.cycling#4650

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2021 04:03:13 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Near Miss of the Day 672: Bus driver pulls in while overtaking
cyclist (video includes swearing)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 5 Dec 2021 12:03 UTC

“An awful overtake” is the verdict of the cyclist who was on the receiving end of this piece of driving by a bus driver in Hertfordshire who ignored oncoming traffic to overtake the rider, pulling in perilously close to him before it was safe to do so.

And as we see so often in this series, the driver’s determination to get in front of the cyclist and put him in danger was misplaced too, the rider catching up with the bus shortly afterwards.

Darryl, the road.cc reader who submitted the video, said: “I had a very near miss with a double decker bus whilst cycling in Wendover, Buckinghamshire on Friday afternoon.

“I had lights front and rear and there is oncoming traffic but it still didn't stop an awful overtake.”

The bus is operated by Red Rose Travel, which runs services in Buckinghamshire, Hertfordshire and Oxfordshire, including the numbers 50 and 55 which go through Wendover.

There is no route X listed on the company’s website, however, leading us to wonder whether this bus was out of service at the time?

https://road.cc/content/news/nmotd-672-bus-driver-pulls-while-overtaking-cyclist-288387

Re: Near Miss of the Day 672: Bus driver pulls in while overtaking fairy-cyclist (video includes swearing)

<j13vr3Flhc7U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4651&group=uk.rec.cycling#4651

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
fairy-cyclist (video includes swearing)
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2021 14:15:00 +0000
 by: JNugent - Sun, 5 Dec 2021 14:15 UTC

> “An awful overtake” is the verdict of the fairy-cyclist who was on the receiving end of this piece of driving by a bus driver in Hertfordshire who ignored oncoming traffic to overtake the fairy-rider, pulling in perilously close to him before it was safe to do so.
>
> And as we see so often in this series, the driver’s determination to get in front of the fairy-cyclist and put him in danger was misplaced too, the fairy-rider catching up with the bus shortly afterwards.

Why catch up with a driver who is thought to have driven carelessly?
What would be the point? Trying to get in front again so that the
incident can be re-run? What?

> Darryl, the road.cc reader who submitted the video, said: “I had a very near miss with a double decker bus whilst fairy-cycling in Wendover, Buckinghamshire on Friday afternoon.
>
> “I had lights front and rear and there is oncoming traffic but it still didn't stop an awful overtake.”
>
> The bus is operated by Red Rose Travel, which runs services in Buckinghamshire, Hertfordshire and Oxfordshire, including the numbers 50 and 55 which go through Wendover.
>
> There is no route X listed on the company’s website, however, leading us to wonder whether this bus was out of service at the time?
>
> https://road.cc/content/news/nmotd-672-bus-driver-pulls-while-overtaking-cyclist-288387

Re: Near Miss of the Day 672: Bus driver pulls in while overtaking cyclist (video includes swearing)

<2c80af02-d310-4573-a65e-82f5049d203dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4653&group=uk.rec.cycling#4653

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2021 06:20:35 -0800 (PST)
cyclist (video includes swearing)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 5 Dec 2021 14:20 UTC

On Sunday, December 5, 2021 at 12:03:14 PM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
EK Spinner | 461 posts | 18 min ago
2 likes
From a "Professional" driver that is atrocious, this one is no "misjudgement" as there was no opportunity avaailable for a safe overtake.

An outrageous "I don;t give a flying f... for your life" is the message being sent out by the driver here.

Secret_squirrel | 1539 posts | 2 hours ago
1 like

No number plate either? Did the OP try to contact the police and operator looks like a slam dunk.

reply quote

hirsute replied to Secret_squirrel | 4763 posts | 1 hour ago
1 like

Number plates on buses can be in a variety of positions. Suspect this one is to the left of the X.