From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: EU embraces evil
Date: Wed, 4 May 2022 15:29:13 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Wed, 4 May 2022 14:29 UTC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61318689

<quotes>

The EU has proposed some of its toughest measures yet against Russia, including a total ban on oil imports and sanctions on war crimes suspects.

European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen said the package was aimed at maximising pressure on Russia while minimising damage to Europe.

</quotes>

It seems the EU have completely given up on due process, don't need evidence of war crimes or even evidence of involvement to punish people.

The EU have abandoned their principles of human rights and notions of innocent until proven guilty. There is no need for a fair trial, no need for any trial, no need to prove the case, no need to allow a defence. This is kangaroo court justice.

It's worse than punishing "thought crime" as there is no evidence the victims were even thinking it.

It completely undermines their position that Poland, Hungary and others are behaving like fascists when the EU decides to behave like fascists themselves.

I never thought the EU would so willfully corrupt itself. Having stepped off the moral high-ground and sunk into the gutter I am not sure it will survive having done so. America will be high-fiving itself.

It doesn't surprise me the EU wants to maximise harm to Russia while minimising harm to themselves.

And it won't be surprising when the EU complains how wrong it is when Putin decides he's having none of that nonsense and seeks to maximise harm to the EU in return by turning off gas and oil supplies, or doing worse.

Despite our concerted efforts to crush and destroy Russia and Putin, impose regime change, we will hypocritically call it Russian aggression when they defend themselves against ours.