Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2021 07:15:44 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Police search for cyclist who collided with six-year-old boy on
scooter, fracturing his skull
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Tue, 7 Dec 2021 15:15 UTC

No scooter helmet?

Police in Chester have appealed for a cyclist involved in a collision with a six-year-old boy on a scooter to come forward. The cyclist did not stop at the scene of the incident in Stamford Road, Blacon just before 5pm on Thursday 2 December, which left the boy in hospital with a fractured skull.

The Chester Standard (link is external) reports the boy has since been released from hospital. Police Constable Nicholas Watts said: "This collision left a little boy with fractures to his skull and eye socket and he is now recovering at home, however these injuries could have been a lot worse.

"We know that the Stamford Road area would have been busy at this time of the evening and a number of enquiries, including CCTV, are under way. We would urge anyone with dashcam footage or anyone who may have witnessed the collision to get in touch with us. I would also like to take this time to appeal to the cyclist themselves to come forward to assist us with our enquiries."

Anyone with information is asked to contact Cheshire Police on 101 quoting IML 1146694 or report it via https://www.cheshire.police.uk/ro/report. (link is external)

https://road.cc/content/news/cycling-live-blog-7-december-2021-288431

Re: Police search for fairy-cyclist who collided with six-year-old boy on scooter, fracturing his skull

<j1ac1dFslalU4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4696&group=uk.rec.cycling#4696

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Police search for fairy-cyclist who collided with six-year-old
boy on scooter, fracturing his skull
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2021 00:19:57 +0000
 by: JNugent - Wed, 8 Dec 2021 00:19 UTC

> No scooter helmet?
>
> Police in Chester have appealed for a fairy-cyclist involved in a collision with a six-year-old boy on a scooter to come forward. The fairy-cyclist did not stop at the scene of the incident in Stamford Road, Blacon just before 5pm on Thursday 2 December, which left the boy in hospital with a fractured skull.
>
> The Chester Standard (link is external) reports the boy has since been released from hospital. Police Constable Nicholas Watts said: "This collision left a little boy with fractures to his skull and eye socket and he is now recovering at home, however these injuries could have been a lot worse.
>
> "We know that the Stamford Road area would have been busy at this time of the evening and a number of enquiries, including CCTV, are under way. We would urge anyone with dashcam footage or anyone who may have witnessed the collision to get in touch with us. I would also like to take this time to appeal to the fairy-cyclist themselves to come forward to assist us with our enquiries."
>
> Anyone with information is asked to contact Cheshire Police on 101 quoting IML 1146694 or report it via https://www.cheshire.police.uk/ro/report. (link is external)
>
> https://road.cc/content/news/cycling-live-blog-7-december-2021-288431

A fairy-cyclist mows down a vulnerable road-user, putting him in
hospital, but scarpers without taking any responsibility.

Dog bites man story...