"All we are given is possibilities -- to make ourselves one thing or another." -- Ortega y Gasset

aus+uk / uk.current-events.terrorism / Re: Meat allergy from tick bite (Alpha-Gal Syndrome)

SubjectAuthor
* Meat allergy from tick bite (Alpha-Gal Syndrome)TWP
`* Re: Meat allergy from tick bite (Alpha-Gal Syndrome)The Happy Hippy
 +- Re: Meat allergy from tick bite (Alpha-Gal Syndrome)TWP
 `* Re: Meat allergy from tick bite (Alpha-Gal Syndrome)TWP
  `- Re: Meat allergy from tick bite (Alpha-Gal Syndrome)TWP

1
Meat allergy from tick bite (Alpha-Gal Syndrome)

<pSvcK.608816$NCX1.315621@fx08.ams4>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4666&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4666

Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: ngspamme...@yahoo.co.uk (TWP)
Subject: Meat allergy from tick bite (Alpha-Gal Syndrome)
Date: Wed, 4 May 2022 15:13:40 +0100
 by: TWP - Wed, 4 May 2022 14:13 UTC

https://archive.ph/nfrB0

What Is Alpha-Gal Syndrome?
Alpha-gal syndrome is an allergy to things like beef, pork, lamb,
venison, rabbit, and other animal products that come from mammals. It
was first discovered in 2009. Alpha galactose, the source of the
allergy, is a sugar present in most animal cells. Alpha-gal symptoms
develop after certain tick bites.

What Causes Alpha-Gal Syndrome?
Alpha-gal syndrome is caused when a tick bites you, and that bite gives
you the alpha galactose molecule. In the U.S., the lone star tick is the
primary source of alpha-gal allergy.
The lone star tick is concentrated in the eastern and south-central
regions of the U.S. and is carried by deer. In Europe, Australia, and
Asia, alpha-gal molecule has been found in different types of ticks.

....Sometimes the symptoms of a reaction from an alpha-gal allergy can
even lead to death.

What Is the Treatment for Alpha-Gal?
Alpha-gal syndrome doesn’t go away, but you can manage symptoms...

__________________________

This is clearly the work of vegetarian terrorists.

Re: Meat allergy from tick bite (Alpha-Gal Syndrome)

<20220504161211.0000265a@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4668&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4668

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Re: Meat allergy from tick bite (Alpha-Gal Syndrome)
Date: Wed, 4 May 2022 16:12:11 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Wed, 4 May 2022 15:12 UTC

On Wed, 4 May 2022 15:13:40 +0100
TWP <ngspammersad@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> https://archive.ph/nfrB0
>
> What Is Alpha-Gal Syndrome?
> Alpha-gal syndrome is an allergy to things like beef, pork, lamb,
> venison, rabbit, and other animal products that come from mammals. It
> was first discovered in 2009. Alpha galactose, the source of the
> allergy, is a sugar present in most animal cells. Alpha-gal symptoms
> develop after certain tick bites.
>
> What Causes Alpha-Gal Syndrome?
> Alpha-gal syndrome is caused when a tick bites you, and that bite
> gives you the alpha galactose molecule. In the U.S., the lone star
> tick is the primary source of alpha-gal allergy.
> The lone star tick is concentrated in the eastern and south-central
> regions of the U.S. and is carried by deer. In Europe, Australia, and
> Asia, alpha-gal molecule has been found in different types of ticks.
>
> ...Sometimes the symptoms of a reaction from an alpha-gal allergy can
> even lead to death.
>
> What Is the Treatment for Alpha-Gal?
> Alpha-gal syndrome doesn’t go away, but you can manage symptoms...
>
> __________________________
>
> This is clearly the work of vegetarian terrorists.

Apparently there were only 12 cases of AGS in America in 2009, that rose to 34,000 by 2019.

I expect we will all have to get used to some novel and deadly diseases and infections we have not had to deal with before as the climate changes and carriers of them migrate from places we don't care about.

We will just have to get used to living with them. They are just like Winter Flu.

Re: Meat allergy from tick bite (Alpha-Gal Syndrome)

<V5McK.3066039$u91.1092825@fx02.ams4>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4687&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4687

Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: ngspamme...@yahoo.co.uk (TWP)
Date: Thu, 5 May 2022 09:42:28 +0100
 by: TWP - Thu, 5 May 2022 08:42 UTC

On 04/05/2022 16:12, The Happy Hippy wrote:
> On Wed, 4 May 2022 15:13:40 +0100
> TWP <ngspammersad@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> https://archive.ph/nfrB0
>>
>> What Is Alpha-Gal Syndrome?
>> Alpha-gal syndrome is an allergy to things like beef, pork, lamb,
>> venison, rabbit, and other animal products that come from mammals. It
>> was first discovered in 2009. Alpha galactose, the source of the
>> allergy, is a sugar present in most animal cells. Alpha-gal symptoms
>> develop after certain tick bites.
>>
>> What Causes Alpha-Gal Syndrome?
>> Alpha-gal syndrome is caused when a tick bites you, and that bite
>> gives you the alpha galactose molecule. In the U.S., the lone star
>> tick is the primary source of alpha-gal allergy.
>> The lone star tick is concentrated in the eastern and south-central
>> regions of the U.S. and is carried by deer. In Europe, Australia, and
>> Asia, alpha-gal molecule has been found in different types of ticks.
>>
>> ...Sometimes the symptoms of a reaction from an alpha-gal allergy can
>> even lead to death.
>>
>> What Is the Treatment for Alpha-Gal?
>> Alpha-gal syndrome doesn’t go away, but you can manage symptoms...
>>
>> __________________________
>>
>> This is clearly the work of vegetarian terrorists.
>
> Apparently there were only 12 cases of AGS in America in 2009, that rose to 34,000 by 2019.
>
> I expect we will all have to get used to some novel and deadly diseases and infections we have not had to deal with before as the climate changes and carriers of them migrate from places we don't care about.
>
> We will just have to get used to living with them. They are just like Winter Flu.

No, I think we should spray the little bastards! :-)

I kind of live in the exoburbs still although that's gradually changing.
I have deer around where I live and the odd tick.

I might have to get into chicken nuggets - chicken wasn't on the death
list. Who am I kidding, I already am...

Re: Meat allergy from tick bite (Alpha-Gal Syndrome)

<2lMcK.1457411$Sxe.283757@fx09.ams4>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4688&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4688

Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: ngspamme...@yahoo.co.uk (TWP)
Date: Thu, 5 May 2022 09:58:37 +0100
 by: TWP - Thu, 5 May 2022 08:58 UTC

On 04/05/2022 16:12, The Happy Hippy wrote:
> On Wed, 4 May 2022 15:13:40 +0100
> TWP <ngspammersad@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> https://archive.ph/nfrB0
>>
>> What Is Alpha-Gal Syndrome?
>> Alpha-gal syndrome is an allergy to things like beef, pork, lamb,
>> venison, rabbit, and other animal products that come from mammals. It
>> was first discovered in 2009. Alpha galactose, the source of the
>> allergy, is a sugar present in most animal cells. Alpha-gal symptoms
>> develop after certain tick bites.
>>
>> What Causes Alpha-Gal Syndrome?
>> Alpha-gal syndrome is caused when a tick bites you, and that bite
>> gives you the alpha galactose molecule. In the U.S., the lone star
>> tick is the primary source of alpha-gal allergy.
>> The lone star tick is concentrated in the eastern and south-central
>> regions of the U.S. and is carried by deer. In Europe, Australia, and
>> Asia, alpha-gal molecule has been found in different types of ticks.
>>
>> ...Sometimes the symptoms of a reaction from an alpha-gal allergy can
>> even lead to death.
>>
>> What Is the Treatment for Alpha-Gal?
>> Alpha-gal syndrome doesn’t go away, but you can manage symptoms...
>>
>> __________________________
>>
>> This is clearly the work of vegetarian terrorists.
>
> Apparently there were only 12 cases of AGS in America in 2009, that rose to 34,000 by 2019.
>
> I expect we will all have to get used to some novel and deadly diseases and infections we have not had to deal with before as the climate changes and carriers of them migrate from places we don't care about.
>
> We will just have to get used to living with them. They are just like Winter Flu.

What if cats or dogs get it? They'd have to be fed tofu like that lion
on the Simpsons!

Re: Meat allergy from tick bite (Alpha-Gal Syndrome)

<vmMcK.1457412$Sxe.1456227@fx09.ams4>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4689&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4689

Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: ngspamme...@yahoo.co.uk (TWP)
Date: Thu, 5 May 2022 10:00:11 +0100
 by: TWP - Thu, 5 May 2022 09:00 UTC

On 05/05/2022 09:58, TWP wrote:
> On 04/05/2022 16:12, The Happy Hippy wrote:
>> On Wed, 4 May 2022 15:13:40 +0100
>> TWP <ngspammersad@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>> https://archive.ph/nfrB0
>>>
>>> What Is Alpha-Gal Syndrome?
>>> Alpha-gal syndrome is an allergy to things like beef, pork, lamb,
>>> venison, rabbit, and other animal products that come from mammals. It
>>> was first discovered in 2009. Alpha galactose, the source of the
>>> allergy, is a sugar present in most animal cells. Alpha-gal symptoms
>>> develop after certain tick bites.
>>>
>>> What Causes Alpha-Gal Syndrome?
>>> Alpha-gal syndrome is caused when a tick bites you, and that bite
>>> gives you the alpha galactose molecule. In the U.S., the lone star
>>> tick is the primary source of alpha-gal allergy.
>>> The lone star tick is concentrated in the eastern and south-central
>>> regions of the U.S. and is carried by deer. In Europe, Australia, and
>>> Asia, alpha-gal molecule has been found in different types of ticks.
>>>
>>> ...Sometimes the symptoms of a reaction from an alpha-gal allergy can
>>> even lead to death.
>>>
>>> What Is the Treatment for Alpha-Gal?
>>> Alpha-gal syndrome doesn’t go away, but you can manage symptoms...
>>>
>>> __________________________
>>>
>>> This is clearly the work of vegetarian terrorists.
>>
>> Apparently there were only 12 cases of AGS in America in 2009, that
>> rose to 34,000 by 2019.
>>
>> I expect we will all have to get used to some novel and deadly
>> diseases and infections we have not had to deal with before as the
>> climate changes and carriers of them migrate from places we don't care
>> about.
>>
>> We will just have to get used to living with them. They are just like
>> Winter Flu.
>>

> What if cats or dogs get it?  They'd have to be fed tofu like that lion
> on the Simpsons!

Futurama