From: plusc...@live.co.uk (Pipl)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Subject: Second MX practice of the year
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2021 18:32:44 +0100
 by: Pipl - Sat, 9 Oct 2021 17:32 UTC

.... and third in four years. Another great day out at Washbrook Farm
MX.

They were running four 15-minute groups on the main track: Novice
only; Novice/Inter; Inter/Advanced; Juniors.

As I was always a bit slow and went from riding a handful of times a
year to not riding at all four years ago, I went ito the Novice-only
group again.

Track conditions were pretty much perfect, and it was relatively cool,
though humid, with little wind.

Didn't fall off, but had a serious moment after landing a jump that's
on a slight bend: I gassed it while leaninng the bike left to
straighten it up, and the back end went very sideways. Not in itself a
problem, but I hit a series af acceleration bumps that started the
bike bucking wildly and I was thrown off balance. Somehow kept it
upright though.

I'd also forgotten that they don't stop for lunch, and nearly missed
the fourth session. I was only planning to do four, and didn't really
want to wait another hour, so hastily threw my kit on, tipped some
foel intpo the bike, then pushed it to the track (you're not allowed
to start up in the padock: council rules). As I was about to boot it
into life, I noticed the fuel cap dangling off its breather. Oops. Too
hasty.

All in all though, a lovely day.

--

-Pip