Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2021 06:44:42 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Cyclist in his 40s dies in crash near Bangor - man arrested
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 9 Dec 2021 14:44 UTC

A MAN has died following an accident (sic) on the outskirts of Bangor earlier this morning (December 9).

Shortly after 7am officers received a report of a crash involving a grey coloured VW Crafter van and a pedal cyclist on the A487 Faenol Hill near Penrhosgarnedd.

The emergency services attended the scene and the cyclist was taken to Ysbyty Gwynedd where, sadly, he later died.

The cyclist was in his 40’s and was from the area.

The van driver, a 38-year-old man, has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by careless driving and he remains in police custody.

Sergeant Liam Ho of the Roads Policing Unit said: “Our thoughts are with the family and friends of the man who sadly died.

“We need to establish the circumstances surrounding the collision and I am appealing to any motorists who were travelling in the area and who may have captured anything of relevance on dashcam footage to contact us.

“I would like to thank the public for their patience and understanding while the road closure is in place. This is absolutely necessary to allow us to carry out a thorough scene examination.”

Anybody who may have witnessed the collision, or who may have dash cam footage, is urged to contact officers at the Roads Policing Unit via the live web chat or by calling 101, quoting reference number 21000851645.

https://www.northwaleschronicle.co.uk/news/19772869.motorists-warned-delays-following-accident-near-bangor-hospital/

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Cyclist in his 40s dies in crash near Bangor - man arrested