From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Dr What?
Date: Sun, 8 May 2022 17:33:30 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Sun, 8 May 2022 16:33 UTC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61371123

<quotes>

Actor Ncuti Gatwa will take over from Jodie Whittaker as the star of Doctor Who, the BBC has announced.

The 29-year-old will become the 14th Time Lord on the popular science fiction show, and the first non-white performer to play the lead role.

</quotes>

I am not convinced "first" is actually correct given Jo Martin recently played The Doctor from some past, future, alternative or parallel timeline, and she was definitely non-white, as well as being female.

The racists, misogynists, rightwing, anti-woke, anti-PC, numb-nuts went apoplectic then, as they did when Sacha Dhawan played a non-white Master, as they did when Whittaker was announced as The Doctor, when Mandip Gill scored co-star casting.

We seem to be just a few steps away from the apocryphal 'One-Legged Black Lesbian Muslim Woman' the right detests so much. Bring it on.

I suggest the BBC title the new doctor's first episode as "Popcorn Time" which will be appropriate as decent folk relax and enjoy the show while the rabid right rallies its mob and calls for the show and the BBC itself to be cancelled, while their bigoted keyboard warriors churn out death and rape threats, as they always do.

Re: Dr What?

<iL3eK.1594772$5u1.174130@fx13.ams4>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4753&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4753

Subject: Re: Dr What?
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: ngspamme...@yahoo.co.uk (TWP)
Date: Mon, 9 May 2022 08:52:45 +0100
 by: TWP - Mon, 9 May 2022 07:52 UTC

On 08/05/2022 17:33, The Happy Hippy wrote:
> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61371123
>
> <quotes>
>
> Actor Ncuti Gatwa will take over from Jodie Whittaker as the star of Doctor Who, the BBC has announced.
>
> The 29-year-old will become the 14th Time Lord on the popular science fiction show, and the first non-white performer to play the lead role.
>
> </quotes>
>
> I am not convinced "first" is actually correct given Jo Martin recently played The Doctor from some past, future, alternative or parallel timeline, and she was definitely non-white, as well as being female.
>
> The racists, misogynists, rightwing, anti-woke, anti-PC, numb-nuts went apoplectic then, as they did when Sacha Dhawan played a non-white Master, as they did when Whittaker was announced as The Doctor, when Mandip Gill scored co-star casting.
>
> We seem to be just a few steps away from the apocryphal 'One-Legged Black Lesbian Muslim Woman' the right detests so much. Bring it on.
>
> I suggest the BBC title the new doctor's first episode as "Popcorn Time" which will be appropriate as decent folk relax and enjoy the show while the rabid right rallies its mob and calls for the show and the BBC itself to be cancelled, while their bigoted keyboard warriors churn out death and rape threats, as they always do.

That's what it's all being done for though isn't it, to mock those that
don't want it. It's not being done to make Dr Who better it's being
done to provoke a reaction in order to be able to portray anyone that
objects for any reason as a bigot. It's weaponising the pleasure of
others to satisfy themselves.

Re: Dr What?

<20220509130106.00000754@ntlworld.invalid>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4756&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4756

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Mon, 9 May 2022 13:01:06 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Mon, 9 May 2022 12:01 UTC

On Mon, 9 May 2022 08:52:45 +0100
TWP <ngspammersad@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> On 08/05/2022 17:33, The Happy Hippy wrote:
> > https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61371123
> >
> > <quotes>
> >
> > Actor Ncuti Gatwa will take over from Jodie Whittaker as the star
> > of Doctor Who, the BBC has announced.
> >
> > The 29-year-old will become the 14th Time Lord on the popular
> > science fiction show, and the first non-white performer to play the
> > lead role.
> >
> > </quotes>
> >
> > I am not convinced "first" is actually correct given Jo Martin
> > recently played The Doctor from some past, future, alternative or
> > parallel timeline, and she was definitely non-white, as well as
> > being female.
> >
> > The racists, misogynists, rightwing, anti-woke, anti-PC, numb-nuts
> > went apoplectic then, as they did when Sacha Dhawan played a
> > non-white Master, as they did when Whittaker was announced as The
> > Doctor, when Mandip Gill scored co-star casting.
> >
> > We seem to be just a few steps away from the apocryphal 'One-Legged
> > Black Lesbian Muslim Woman' the right detests so much. Bring it on.
> >
> > I suggest the BBC title the new doctor's first episode as "Popcorn
> > Time" which will be appropriate as decent folk relax and enjoy the
> > show while the rabid right rallies its mob and calls for the show
> > and the BBC itself to be cancelled, while their bigoted keyboard
> > warriors churn out death and rape threats, as they always do.
>
> That's what it's all being done for though isn't it, to mock those
> that don't want it. It's not being done to make Dr Who better it's
> being done to provoke a reaction in order to be able to portray
> anyone that objects for any reason as a bigot. It's weaponising the
> pleasure of others to satisfy themselves.

I didn't expect the white victim card to be played so quickly.

I would love to see your evidence that it's being done purely to antagonise. I can't see how it could even be antagonising other than to a bigot or racist.

If you can produce a legitimate argument why an award winning and critically acclaimed actor isn't a suitable choice to play the role of this fictional morphing character then I am sure everyone would be delighted to hear it.

But if it's because "he's black", "he isn't white", "he's an immigrant", you are going to have to show how that isn't bigotry.

If it brings in a younger audience, those who have never watched Dr Who before, provides the role model some have never had, increases and diversifies its viewing audience and popularity, I don't see how you can say that's not making Dr Who better.

Those who chose to take away the BBC's licence fee were warned it would result in more populist programming.

I don't believe the BBC chose Gatwa to antagonise the bigots and racists but I doubt they care that it does. No one would other than bigots and racists. I don't know anyone who doesn't enjoy seeing bigots, racists and misogynists reveal their true nature.

I do love how one non-white actor being chosen to play a role amounts to "weaponising the pleasure of others". That sounds to me like saying a non-white moving into an area or getting a job amounts to "white genocide".

It's the language of bigotry.

Re: Dr What?

<20220509133821.00004ac7@ntlworld.invalid>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4757&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4757

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Mon, 9 May 2022 13:38:21 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Mon, 9 May 2022 12:38 UTC

On Sun, 8 May 2022 17:33:30 +0100
The Happy Hippy <the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid> wrote:

> I suggest the BBC title the new doctor's first episode as "Popcorn
> Time" which will be appropriate as decent folk relax and enjoy the
> show while the rabid right rallies its mob and calls for the show and
> the BBC itself to be cancelled, while their bigoted keyboard warriors
> churn out death and rape threats, as they always do.

The Daily Express commentariat delivered some gems. Amongst criticism that the Daily Express is a leftist woke rag for rejecting unacceptable postings we find ...

"Is there any nepotism involved here?"

"Talk about pushing colour in ones face. Dr. Who since it first aired decades ago has always been white English. Is nothing sacred to the English people in their homeland ENGLAND"

"More racists attack on white natives. Time for a revolution."

"Abolish the BBC. PC madness."

"The next Doctor Who will be Trans gen who identifies as a tree .... madness all this ticking boxes, the best person gets the job end of."

The notion of "nepotism" quite amused me because we all know the BBC is packed floor to ceiling with black folk, not a gammon in sight.

Most of the complaints are about the BBC being "woke" and "box-ticking". Obviously from a perspective that both are bad things which all bigots believe. It's really just another form of with us or against us.

Re: Dr What?

<MIjeK.10847$Acq9.1282@fx13.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4761&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4761

Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo...@so.org (JeSSe)
Date: Mon, 9 May 2022 22:02:20 -0400
 by: JeSSe - Tue, 10 May 2022 02:02 UTC

TWP wrote:
> On 08/05/2022 17:33, The Happy Hippy wrote:
>> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61371123
>>
>> <quotes>
>>
>> Actor Ncuti Gatwa will take over from Jodie Whittaker as the star of
>> Doctor Who, the BBC has announced.
>>
>> The 29-year-old will become the 14th Time Lord on the popular science
>> fiction show, and the first non-white performer to play the lead role.
>>
>> </quotes>
>>
>> I am not convinced "first" is actually correct given Jo Martin
>> recently played The Doctor from some past, future, alternative or
>> parallel timeline, and she was definitely non-white, as well as being
>> female.
>>
>> The racists, misogynists, rightwing, anti-woke, anti-PC, numb-nuts
>> went apoplectic then, as they did when Sacha Dhawan played a non-white
>> Master, as they did when Whittaker was announced as The Doctor, when
>> Mandip Gill scored co-star casting.
>>
>> We seem to be just a few steps away from the apocryphal 'One-Legged
>> Black Lesbian Muslim Woman' the right detests so much. Bring it on.
>>
>> I suggest the BBC title the new doctor's first episode as "Popcorn
>> Time" which will be appropriate as decent folk relax and enjoy the
>> show while the rabid right rallies its mob and calls for the show and
>> the BBC itself to be cancelled, while their bigoted keyboard warriors
>> churn out death and rape threats, as they always do.
>>

> That's what it's all being done for though isn't it, to mock those that
> don't want it.  It's not being done to make Dr Who better it's being
> done to provoke a reaction in order to be able to portray anyone that
> objects for any reason as a bigot.  It's weaponising the pleasure of
> others to satisfy themselves.

What can you say, nothing is sacred to the race/deviance hustlers, gay
superman, tranny mickey mouse, black James Bond ect.
Not much to be done except not watch it, when their ratings tank they
might change their tune.

BTW seems to me that a negro dying its matted "hair" blond is cultural
appropriation.

Re: Dr What?

<20220510102943.00004633@ntlworld.invalid>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4764&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4764

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Tue, 10 May 2022 10:29:43 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Tue, 10 May 2022 09:29 UTC

On Mon, 9 May 2022 22:02:20 -0400
JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:

> BTW seems to me that a negro dying its matted "hair" blond is
> cultural appropriation.

Almost everything can be labelled cultural appropriation; the question is who it was appropriated from.

Africans and indigenous peoples have a long history of dying their hair which predates western people doing that so you're wrong on that count and it can even be argued that's an act of cultural appropriation by whites.

As is much of white culture.

Racists frequently criticise foreigners for 'coming here and not fitting in, not adopting our customs and practices', then criticise them for doing so. That's because they are racist and hypocrites. Like you are.