Packages should build-depend on what they should build-depend. -- Santiago Vila on debian-devel

aus+uk / aus.legal / Re: I love PayPal

SubjectAuthor
* I love PayPalRod Speed
+* Re: I love PayPalPeter Jason
`* Re: I love PayPalMax
 `- Re: I love PayPalRod Speed

Pages:12
Re: I love PayPal

<Nx5qJ.42414$1d1.181@fx99.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4737&group=aus.legal#4737

Subject: Re: I love PayPal
Newsgroups: aus.computers,aus.legal
From: hagg...@hotmail.com (F Murtz)
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2021 02:23:23 +1100
 by: F Murtz - Thu, 2 Dec 2021 15:23 UTC

On 1/12/21 9:47 am, Petzl wrote:
> On Wed, 1 Dec 2021 02:02:17 +1100, "Rod Speed"
> <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote
>>> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote

>>> No question but at a higher price
>>
>> That remains to be seen given how long each lasts.
>>
>> I am still using the 6S that I got in 2016. the only
>> thing it wont do is 5G but there is no 5G here yet.
>>
> Were quite happy with my Samsung over 10 year old phone, did
> everything I needed, but with Covid needed to use the Q-code.
> So I reluctantly splurged $400. The phone though has very clear sound
> photo uses 3 lens, one for nearby, one for centre, one for distance,
> it then stitch's the 3 together, nothing out of focus, at first
> disengaged this, but you pointed out nearby focus was not sharp, so
> turned on "intelligent" focus which is/was supposed to slow down
> ability for speedy next shot, for me (dodgy eyesight) still seems very
> fast.

>>> For me a bit dearer, I do not even use the 4GB,
>>
>> Me neither, I don't even use 1GB and I use if quite
>> a bit during the garage sale run, but that has died
>> in the arse due to the virus, just one last weekend
>> and that in the runup to xmas. It used to be over 20.
>>
> I take it you don't lose the GB's you don't use?
> Just handy if Internet dies.
>
> And 13**** numbers (mobile and landline) free, as well as other calls
> free nationwide ?
>
> Amaysim all for 4GB $10 28 day, at least they gave me this?
> Now their offer is 6GB $20 28 Day. Maybe when my 12 months is up??
> https://www.amaysim.com.au/plans/mobile-plans/
>
> Moose is 6GB $12.80 Monthly.e
> https://moosemobile.com.au/
>
>>> am up to 12GB and climbing.
>>> Yes Amaysin is 28 days billing.

>>> I don't even use 4GB, but worth considering
>>
>> Yeah, tho if you use more than 1GB you normally
>> need a lot more than 6GB a month.

I had a $10.00 plan with one gig,they sent email that if I would give $5
extra that they would make it 5 gig so I did and ever since they have
upped the gigs every so often with no change in cost It is now 18 gigs
same $15.00
Mayb they do this with customers who dont use the gigs they have often
to look good?
They did send email about $20.00 etc but I would be mad

Re: I love PayPal

<rF5qJ.161681$IW4.114774@fx48.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4738&group=aus.legal#4738

Newsgroups: aus.computers,aus.legal
From: hagg...@hotmail.com (F Murtz)
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2021 02:31:33 +1100
 by: F Murtz - Thu, 2 Dec 2021 15:31 UTC

On 2/12/21 10:15 am, keithr0 wrote:
> On 2/12/2021 6:42 am, Computer Nerd Kev wrote:
>> In aus.computers Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote:

>>> That's the spin.  Why didn't the Gov transfer the amount directly into
>>> your account?   Why Pay Pal?
>>> And where does PayPal get its money, and who pays.   Have they
>>> invented the Free Lunch?
>>
>> For international payments they make a mint charging you a variety
>> of currency conversion fees, mostly the one that's hidden by them
>> offering a lower-than-reality value for your money in whatever
>> currency you're paying in.
>
> Have a look at what banks charge for international transactions. To get
> that cheque into my account, there was a cheque cashing charge plus the
> usual usurious conversion rate.
>
>> The rest of the fees are charged to the seller, who presumably
>> passes them back to you one way or other, though that's unclear
>> when items can either be ordered online or purchased for the
>> same price with cash in-store.
>
> Just the same as credit card transactions, especially if you use
> contactless. It's not usually visible but Aldi charge extra to cover it..

Aldi only charges if you tap it,not If you put in slot with pin

>> Some online stores just calculate PayPal's fee and charge you
>> that directly as an added charge during check-out. It's a nasty
>> surprise at the very end of the check-out process.
>
> Same as credit cards, nobody does anything for free.

Re: I love PayPal

<j0s86sF703mU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4740&group=aus.legal#4740

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.computers,aus.legal
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2021 02:48:42 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Thu, 2 Dec 2021 15:48 UTC

F Murtz <haggisz@hotmail.com> wrote
> keithr0 wrote
>> Computer Nerd Kev wrote
>>> Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote

>>> For international payments they make a mint charging you a variety
>>> of currency conversion fees, mostly the one that's hidden by them
>>> offering a lower-than-reality value for your money in whatever
>>> currency you're paying in.
>>
>> Have a look at what banks charge for international transactions. To get
>> that cheque into my account, there was a cheque cashing charge plus the
>> usual usurious conversion rate.
>>
>>> The rest of the fees are charged to the seller, who presumably
>>> passes them back to you one way or other, though that's unclear
>>> when items can either be ordered online or purchased for the
>>> same price with cash in-store.
>>
>> Just the same as credit card transactions, especially if you use
>> contactless. It's not usually visible but Aldi charge extra to cover it..
>
> Aldi only charges if you tap it,not If you put in slot with pin

That’s because the contactless system doesn’t know if it’s
a debit or credit card. They only surcharge credit cards.

>>> Some online stores just calculate PayPal's fee and charge you
>>> that directly as an added charge during check-out. It's a nasty
>>> surprise at the very end of the check-out process.
>>
>> Same as credit cards, nobody does anything for free.

Re: I love PayPal

<soba3k$8cu$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4741&group=aus.legal#4741

From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.computers,aus.legal
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2021 07:25:23 +1100
 by: Max - Thu, 2 Dec 2021 20:25 UTC

On 2/12/2021 8:23 am, Rod Speed wrote:
> Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote
>> keithr0 <user@account.invalid> wrote
>>> Rod Speed wrote

>>> I started using PP to avoid having my credit card details spread all
>>> over the internet, but receiving money through them has proved quick and
>>> easy. A $7K refund from an overseas airline came through in a day.
>>

>>> Conversely, when I got a cheque from the US government, the local bank
>>> branch (now closed) couldn't handle it, so I had to drive 20 minutes to
>>> the branch in town, queue to see a teller who couldn't handle it, wait
>>> for someone from the back office, and fill out a large form. Then told
>>> that it may take up to 3 weeks to clear, I don't know if they expect US
>>> government cheques to bounce, but PayPal seems a much more streamlined
>>> operation.
>
>> That's the spin.
>
> Nope, that's the reality.
>
>> Why didn't the Gov transfer the amount directly into your account?
>
> Govts are often that primitive. Not just govts either.
>
>> Why Pay Pal?
>
> Because they are a very efficient and cheap way to move money
> internationally.
>
>> And where does PayPal get its money,
>
> From the fees they charge, just like everyone else.
>
>> and who pays.
>
> In the case of those moving the money, those
> who send the money, depending on the source
> of the money and whether it's between individuals
> or otherwise and the account used for the source.
>
>> Have they invented the Free Lunch?
>
> Even the banks have some free stuff. My credit card has
> no monthly fee and it costs nothing to have it paid off in
> full automatically from another bank account.
>
> PayID transfers are free too.

What is the best way to send money to someone, say like a friend or
relative? Is it PayID?

>>> Roaming in country? Hey the 90s are calling and want their service back

Re: I love PayPal

<tufiqg5f8b8k92o2ag94i0prrh8870mhof@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4742&group=aus.legal#4742

From: pet...@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.computers,aus.legal
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2021 08:55:18 +1100
References: <j0l0l2FpmdoU1@mid.individual.net> <pfsaqgljd7t4af6t922e9efil683l0m6p1@4ax.com> <j0le8jFs3h5U1@mid.individual.net> <gu0bqgtcv04iu83eo3pd0n7jslad2tvkjd@4ax.com> <j0litjFssglU1@mid.individual.net> <o9ibqgd64grf6lf0296iauib5b2u93ktig@4ax.com> <j0m5imF1mjkU1@mid.individual.net> <ck6cqgl41bgq8hd0f8s0lgg0gvfbl772al@4ax.com> <j0msnrF618gU1@mid.individual.net> <888dqg9ggddq5hsvmb0vf9kvjjjpfv228s@4ax.com> <Nx5qJ.42414$1d1.181@fx99.iad>
 by: Petzl - Thu, 2 Dec 2021 21:55 UTC

On Fri, 3 Dec 2021 02:23:23 +1100, F Murtz <haggisz@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>On 1/12/21 9:47 am, Petzl wrote:
>> On Wed, 1 Dec 2021 02:02:17 +1100, "Rod Speed"
>> <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote

>>> That remains to be seen given how long each lasts.
>>>
>>> I am still using the 6S that I got in 2016. the only
>>> thing it wont do is 5G but there is no 5G here yet.
>>>
>> Were quite happy with my Samsung over 10 year old phone, did
>> everything I needed, but with Covid needed to use the Q-code.
>> So I reluctantly splurged $400. The phone though has very clear sound
>> photo uses 3 lens, one for nearby, one for centre, one for distance,
>> it then stitch's the 3 together, nothing out of focus, at first
>> disengaged this, but you pointed out nearby focus was not sharp, so
>> turned on "intelligent" focus which is/was supposed to slow down
>> ability for speedy next shot, for me (dodgy eyesight) still seems very
>> fast.

>>> Me neither, I don't even use 1GB and I use if quite
>>> a bit during the garage sale run, but that has died
>>> in the arse due to the virus, just one last weekend
>>> and that in the runup to xmas. It used to be over 20.
>>>
>> I take it you don't lose the GB's you don't use?
>> Just handy if Internet dies.
>>
>> And 13**** numbers (mobile and landline) free, as well as other calls
>> free nationwide ?
>>
>> Amaysim all for 4GB $10 28 day, at least they gave me this?
>> Now their offer is 6GB $20 28 Day. Maybe when my 12 months is up??
>> https://www.amaysim.com.au/plans/mobile-plans/
>>
>> Moose is 6GB $12.80 Monthly.e
>> https://moosemobile.com.au/

>>> Yeah, tho if you use more than 1GB you normally
>>> need a lot more than 6GB a month.

>I had a $10.00 plan with one gig,they sent email that if I would give $5
>extra that they would make it 5 gig so I did and ever since they have
>upped the gigs every so often with no change in cost It is now 18 gigs
>same $15.00
>Mayb they do this with customers who dont use the gigs they have often
>to look good?
>They did send email about $20.00 etc but I would be mad

Well I upped mine from $8 to $10 28 days
The new phone though is a major improvement over my 10 year old 3G
one.
Sound is crystal clear good volume
--
Petzl
Tiberius Caesar who reigned for 22 years,
and his last year was AD 37. wrote:
"The extremities of Spain, the various parts of Gaul, the regions of
Britain which have never been penetrated by Roman arms, have received
the religion of Christ."

Re: I love PayPal

<j0su0cFb2irU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4743&group=aus.legal#4743

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.computers,aus.legal
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2021 09:00:41 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Thu, 2 Dec 2021 22:00 UTC

Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote
>>> keithr0 <user@account.invalid> wrote

>>> That's the spin.
>>
>> Nope, that's the reality.
>>
>>> Why didn't the Gov transfer the amount directly into your account?
>>
>> Govts are often that primitive. Not just govts either.
>>
>>> Why Pay Pal?
>>
>> Because they are a very efficient and cheap way to move money
>> internationally.
>>
>>> And where does PayPal get its money,
>>
>> From the fees they charge, just like everyone else.
>>
>>> and who pays.
>>
>> In the case of those moving the money, those
>> who send the money, depending on the source
>> of the money and whether it's between individuals
>> or otherwise and the account used for the source.
>>
>>> Have they invented the Free Lunch?
>>
>> Even the banks have some free stuff. My credit card has
>> no monthly fee and it costs nothing to have it paid off in
>> full automatically from another bank account.
>>
>> PayID transfers are free too.

> What is the best way to send money to someone, say like a friend or
> relative? Is it PayID?

PayID or PayPal with in the case of PayPal with the money
coming from a bank account rather than a card.

Main downside with PayPal is that you need an email address
for the recipient and not everyone has one or even knows
how to use one if they get one for the funds transfer. Far
more do have a bank account and the majority have a
mobile number and that’s all you need with PayID.

PayID doesn’t work internationally, PayPal does.

Not all banks support PayID, Ubank still stupidly doesn’t yet.

PayID has some limitations if you have lots of bank accounts
because you wont have enough mobile numbers to have
a PayID destination for each account if say you have some
accounts with minimal money in them so if the account gets
looted you don’t lose enough money to matter for the time
it takes to get the looting reversed.

PayPal is a lot more flexible there because you can move
the money you receive to any of the accounts that you
want it in that you have told PayPal about.

And it’s a bit more ergonomic when sending money with
PayPal because you always send it with the PayPal app or
the web site and just select where the money is coming
from after you specify who to send it to. With PayID you
have to first decide where the money is coming from and
each bank has its own app or web site to do that from and
mostly have different UIs.

PayID requires to the recipient to have setup to receive money.
Some who have not even received money that way may be
suspicious that they are about to be conned.

No risk of having to prove who you are with PayID, unlike
PayPal when using the money you have received other than
the usual with any bank account or card.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: I love PayPal

<m3oiqgpi13hj7knhqdkoup73rn2nhs3uph@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4744&group=aus.legal#4744

From: pj...@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.computers,aus.legal
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2021 11:15:58 +1100
 by: Peter Jason - Fri, 3 Dec 2021 00:15 UTC

On Fri, 3 Dec 2021 07:25:23 +1100, Max <max@val.morgan> wrote:

>On 2/12/2021 8:23 am, Rod Speed wrote:
>> Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote
>>> keithr0 <user@account.invalid> wrote

>>> That's the spin.
>>
>> Nope, that's the reality.
>>
>>> Why didn't the Gov transfer the amount directly into your account?
>>
>> Govts are often that primitive. Not just govts either.
>>
>>> Why Pay Pal?
>>
>> Because they are a very efficient and cheap way to move money
>> internationally.
>>
>>> And where does PayPal get its money,
>>
>> From the fees they charge, just like everyone else.
>>
>>> and who pays.
>>
>> In the case of those moving the money, those
>> who send the money, depending on the source
>> of the money and whether it's between individuals
>> or otherwise and the account used for the source.
>>
>>> Have they invented the Free Lunch?
>>
>> Even the banks have some free stuff. My credit card has
>> no monthly fee and it costs nothing to have it paid off in
>> full automatically from another bank account.
>>
>> PayID transfers are free too.
>>

>What is the best way to send money to someone, say like a friend or
>relative? Is it PayID?

Before fruiting about with these goony sites, try first the option of
EFT into his/her bank account. Or use the mobile phone to do it that
same way. Or send him a cheque, or for small amounts send cash
(notes) thru the mail.
Don't listen to Rod; he's up to his nuts in the latest Technicolor
site. Shiny glittering colorful things entrance some people.

Re: I love PayPal

<j0tg55Fe83eU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4745&group=aus.legal#4745

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.computers,aus.legal
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2021 14:10:24 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Fri, 3 Dec 2021 03:10 UTC

Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote
> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
>> Rod Speed wrote
>>> Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote

>>> Nope, that's the reality.

>>> Govts are often that primitive. Not just govts either.

>>> Because they are a very efficient and cheap way to move money
>>> internationally.

>>> From the fees they charge, just like everyone else.

>>> In the case of those moving the money, those
>>> who send the money, depending on the source
>>> of the money and whether it's between individuals
>>> or otherwise and the account used for the source.

>>> Even the banks have some free stuff. My credit card has
>>> no monthly fee and it costs nothing to have it paid off in
>>> full automatically from another bank account.
>>>
>>> PayID transfers are free too.
>>>

>>What is the best way to send money to someone, say like a friend or
>>relative? Is it PayID?

> Before fruiting about with these goony sites,

Nothing goony about either of them.

> try first the option of EFT into his/her bank account.

Fuck that, takes days.

> Or use the mobile phone to do it that same way.

Fuck that, takes days.

> Or send him a cheque,

Fuck that, takes a week.

> or for small amounts send cash (notes) thru the mail.

Fuck that, takes a week.

> Don't listen to Rod; he's up to his nuts in the latest Technicolor
> site. Shiny glittering colorful things entrance some people.

Some have enough of a clue to notice how useful some new stuff is.

Even you noticed how useful a mobile phone can be but are
actually stupid enough to leave it behind when out and about.

<soc5q8$1tae$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4746&group=aus.legal#4746

From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.computers,aus.legal
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2021 15:18:12 +1100
 by: Max - Fri, 3 Dec 2021 04:18 UTC

On 3/12/2021 9:00 am, Rod Speed wrote:
> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
>> Rod Speed wrote
>>> Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote

>>> Nope, that's the reality.

>>> Govts are often that primitive. Not just govts either.

>>> Because they are a very efficient and cheap way to move money
>>> internationally.

>>>  From the fees they charge, just like everyone else.

>>> In the case of those moving the money, those
>>> who send the money, depending on the source
>>> of the money and whether it's between individuals
>>> or otherwise and the account used for the source.

>>> Even the banks have some free stuff. My credit card has
>>> no monthly fee and it costs nothing to have it paid off in
>>> full automatically from another bank account.
>>>
>>> PayID transfers are free too.
>
>> What is the best way to send money to someone, say like a friend or
>> relative?  Is it PayID?
>
> PayID or PayPal with in the case of PayPal with the money
> coming from a bank account rather than a card.
>
> Main downside with PayPal is that you need an email address
> for the recipient and not everyone has one or even knows
> how to use one if they get one for the funds transfer. Far
> more do have a bank account and the majority have a
> mobile number and that’s all you need with PayID.

If the recipient does have an email address but doesn't yet have a
PayPal account, doesn't the recipient have to create a PayPal account
just to get hold of the money?

This would seem like a hassle that some people wouldn't like.

<soc5sp$1tae$2@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4747&group=aus.legal#4747

From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.computers,aus.legal
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2021 15:19:36 +1100
 by: Max - Fri, 3 Dec 2021 04:19 UTC

On 3/12/2021 11:15 am, Peter Jason wrote:
> On Fri, 3 Dec 2021 07:25:23 +1100, Max <max@val.morgan> wrote:
>
>> On 2/12/2021 8:23 am, Rod Speed wrote:
>>> Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote

>>> Nope, that's the reality.

>>> Govts are often that primitive. Not just govts either.

>>> Because they are a very efficient and cheap way to move money
>>> internationally.

>>> From the fees they charge, just like everyone else.

>>> In the case of those moving the money, those
>>> who send the money, depending on the source
>>> of the money and whether it's between individuals
>>> or otherwise and the account used for the source.

>>> Even the banks have some free stuff. My credit card has
>>> no monthly fee and it costs nothing to have it paid off in
>>> full automatically from another bank account.
>>>
>>> PayID transfers are free too.
>>>

>> What is the best way to send money to someone, say like a friend or
>> relative? Is it PayID?
>
> Before fruiting about with these goony sites, try first the option of
> EFT into his/her bank account. Or use the mobile phone to do it that
> same way. Or send him a cheque, or for small amounts send cash
> (notes) thru the mail.
> Don't listen to Rod; he's up to his nuts in the latest Technicolor
> site. Shiny glittering colorful things entrance some people.

Seems like PayID is in effect EFT - just that the banks all keep track
of matching PayIDs with account numbers.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: I love PayPal

<t7ajqg1uhhqrm7k35lk02chrubm97fjd1u@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4748&group=aus.legal#4748

From: pj...@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.computers,aus.legal
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2021 16:28:32 +1100
References: <j0l0l2FpmdoU1@mid.individual.net> <pfsaqgljd7t4af6t922e9efil683l0m6p1@4ax.com> <j0le8jFs3h5U1@mid.individual.net> <gu0bqgtcv04iu83eo3pd0n7jslad2tvkjd@4ax.com> <j0litjFssglU1@mid.individual.net> <j0ob8gFehkrU1@mid.individual.net> <iamfqgpt5j3riikgm4g92dq77k5ubdp36s@4ax.com> <j0q7efFpo7kU1@mid.individual.net> <soba3k$8cu$1@gioia.aioe.org> <m3oiqgpi13hj7knhqdkoup73rn2nhs3uph@4ax.com> <j0tg55Fe83eU1@mid.individual.net>
 by: Peter Jason - Fri, 3 Dec 2021 05:28 UTC

On Fri, 3 Dec 2021 14:10:24 +1100, "Rod Speed"
<rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:

>Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote
>> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
>>> Rod Speed wrote

>>>What is the best way to send money to someone, say like a friend or
>>>relative? Is it PayID?
>
>> Before fruiting about with these goony sites,
>
>Nothing goony about either of them.
>
>> try first the option of EFT into his/her bank account.
>
>Fuck that, takes days.

No, it doesn't. The bank supplies an instantaneous acknowledgement to
your email address or phone. You can forward this on.

>> Or use the mobile phone to do it that same way.
>
>Fuck that, takes days.

Ditto
..

>> Or send him a cheque,
>
>Fuck that, takes a week.

Takes 3 days to clear.

So what? It's still paid.

>> or for small amounts send cash (notes) thru the mail.
>
>Fuck that, takes a week.

But it's so simple.

>> Don't listen to Rod; he's up to his nuts in the latest Technicolor
>> site. Shiny glittering colorful things entrance some people.
>
>Some have enough of a clue to notice how useful some new stuff is.

Invention is the mother of necessity.
And the Snake-oilers made it so.

>Even you noticed how useful a mobile phone can be but are
>actually stupid enough to leave it behind when out and about.

It's not MY fault, the Tax office has make it necessary for their site
logon.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: I love PayPal

<apajqgdaavr1sra7km65pq9qmotllt0jap@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4749&group=aus.legal#4749

From: pj...@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.computers,aus.legal
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2021 16:37:32 +1100
References: <j0l0l2FpmdoU1@mid.individual.net> <pfsaqgljd7t4af6t922e9efil683l0m6p1@4ax.com> <j0le8jFs3h5U1@mid.individual.net> <gu0bqgtcv04iu83eo3pd0n7jslad2tvkjd@4ax.com> <j0litjFssglU1@mid.individual.net> <j0ob8gFehkrU1@mid.individual.net> <iamfqgpt5j3riikgm4g92dq77k5ubdp36s@4ax.com> <j0q7efFpo7kU1@mid.individual.net> <soba3k$8cu$1@gioia.aioe.org> <m3oiqgpi13hj7knhqdkoup73rn2nhs3uph@4ax.com> <soc5sp$1tae$2@gioia.aioe.org>
 by: Peter Jason - Fri, 3 Dec 2021 05:37 UTC

>>> What is the best way to send money to someone, say like a friend or
>>> relative? Is it PayID?
>>
>> Before fruiting about with these goony sites, try first the option of
>> EFT into his/her bank account. Or use the mobile phone to do it that
>> same way. Or send him a cheque, or for small amounts send cash
>> (notes) thru the mail.
>> Don't listen to Rod; he's up to his nuts in the latest Technicolor
>> site. Shiny glittering colorful things entrance some people.
>>

>Seems like PayID is in effect EFT - just that the banks all keep track
>of matching PayIDs with account numbers.

I thought PayID was a part of PayPal?
No?
Who needs the mental overhead of yet another pay site. These might
be effective for large volumes (possibly attract a discount) but the
world is complicated enough!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PayPal_Mafia" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PayPal_Mafia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PayPal

Re: I love PayPal

<j0tos4Ffp2qU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4750&group=aus.legal#4750

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.computers,aus.legal
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2021 16:39:12 +1100
References: <j0l0l2FpmdoU1@mid.individual.net> <pfsaqgljd7t4af6t922e9efil683l0m6p1@4ax.com> <j0le8jFs3h5U1@mid.individual.net> <gu0bqgtcv04iu83eo3pd0n7jslad2tvkjd@4ax.com> <j0litjFssglU1@mid.individual.net> <j0ob8gFehkrU1@mid.individual.net> <iamfqgpt5j3riikgm4g92dq77k5ubdp36s@4ax.com> <j0q7efFpo7kU1@mid.individual.net> <soba3k$8cu$1@gioia.aioe.org> <j0su0cFb2irU1@mid.individual.net> <soc5q8$1tae$1@gioia.aioe.org>
 by: Rod Speed - Fri, 3 Dec 2021 05:39 UTC

Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
>>> Rod Speed wrote

>>> What is the best way to send money to someone, say like a friend or
>>> relative? Is it PayID?
>>
>> PayID or PayPal with in the case of PayPal with the money
>> coming from a bank account rather than a card.
>>
>> Main downside with PayPal is that you need an email address
>> for the recipient and not everyone has one or even knows
>> how to use one if they get one for the funds transfer. Far
>> more do have a bank account and the majority have a
>> mobile number and that’s all you need with PayID.

> If the recipient does have an email address but doesn't yet have a PayPal
> account, doesn't the recipient have to create a PayPal account just to get
> hold of the money?

Yes, but you cant even send the money at all until they
setup their PayID, tho setting up a PayID is even easier
with most banks, takes seconds with the app with most.

<j0tp50FfqaiU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4751&group=aus.legal#4751

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.computers,aus.legal
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2021 16:43:55 +1100
References: <j0l0l2FpmdoU1@mid.individual.net> <pfsaqgljd7t4af6t922e9efil683l0m6p1@4ax.com> <j0le8jFs3h5U1@mid.individual.net> <gu0bqgtcv04iu83eo3pd0n7jslad2tvkjd@4ax.com> <j0litjFssglU1@mid.individual.net> <j0ob8gFehkrU1@mid.individual.net> <iamfqgpt5j3riikgm4g92dq77k5ubdp36s@4ax.com> <j0q7efFpo7kU1@mid.individual.net> <soba3k$8cu$1@gioia.aioe.org> <m3oiqgpi13hj7knhqdkoup73rn2nhs3uph@4ax.com> <soc5sp$1tae$2@gioia.aioe.org>
 by: Rod Speed - Fri, 3 Dec 2021 05:43 UTC

Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
> Peter Jason wrote
>> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
>>> Rod Speed wrote

>>> What is the best way to send money to someone, say like a friend or
>>> relative? Is it PayID?
>>
>> Before fruiting about with these goony sites, try first the option of
>> EFT into his/her bank account. Or use the mobile phone to do it that
>> same way. Or send him a cheque, or for small amounts send cash
>> (notes) thru the mail.
>> Don't listen to Rod; he's up to his nuts in the latest Technicolor
>> site. Shiny glittering colorful things entrance some people.

> Seems like PayID is in effect EFT

Sort of, except that its instant and the recipient has to
setup to receive it. With the original EFT all you need
is their bank account number, no setup needed.

And PayID is MUCH safer because the sender gets told
who the receiver claims to be so that if you make a
mistake entering the mobile number or email address,
you don’t end up sending it to the wrong person.

<j0tpntFftkgU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4752&group=aus.legal#4752

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.computers,aus.legal
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2021 16:54:00 +1100
References: <j0l0l2FpmdoU1@mid.individual.net> <pfsaqgljd7t4af6t922e9efil683l0m6p1@4ax.com> <j0le8jFs3h5U1@mid.individual.net> <gu0bqgtcv04iu83eo3pd0n7jslad2tvkjd@4ax.com> <j0litjFssglU1@mid.individual.net> <j0ob8gFehkrU1@mid.individual.net> <iamfqgpt5j3riikgm4g92dq77k5ubdp36s@4ax.com> <j0q7efFpo7kU1@mid.individual.net> <soba3k$8cu$1@gioia.aioe.org> <m3oiqgpi13hj7knhqdkoup73rn2nhs3uph@4ax.com> <j0tg55Fe83eU1@mid.individual.net> <t7ajqg1uhhqrm7k35lk02chrubm97fjd1u@4ax.com>
 by: Rod Speed - Fri, 3 Dec 2021 05:54 UTC

Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote
> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote
>> Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote
>>> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote

>>> Before fruiting about with these goony sites,
>>
>>Nothing goony about either of them.
>>
>>> try first the option of EFT into his/her bank account.
>>
>>Fuck that, takes days.

> No, it doesn't.

Corse it does.

> The bank supplies an instantaneous acknowledgement to
> your email address or phone. You can forward this on.

I meant it takes days for the money to arrive.

>>> Or use the mobile phone to do it that same way.

>>Fuck that, takes days.

> Ditto

Ditto.

>>> Or send him a cheque,
>>
>>Fuck that, takes a week.
>
> Takes 3 days to clear.

But takes a week for the cheque to arrive.

> So what? It's still paid.

Not if the person who wrote the cheque cancels it or
it's a dud cheque or a stolen blank cheque etc etc etc.

>>> or for small amounts send cash (notes) thru the mail.
>>
>>Fuck that, takes a week.
>
> But it's so simple.

Much simpler not having to actually get the notes.

I routinely used to hand notes to a mate of mine when
he didn't have enough cash or the seller didn't have
enough change at a garage sale and my mate used
to show up at my place later in the day with what he
owed me. Now he just pays to my PayID instantly.

>>> Don't listen to Rod; he's up to his nuts in the latest Technicolor
>>> site. Shiny glittering colorful things entrance some people.
>>
>>Some have enough of a clue to notice how useful some new stuff is.
>
> Invention is the mother of necessity.

Not always, much more often it produces
a more convenient way to do things.

> And the Snake-oilers made it so.

More mindless bullshit.

>> Even you noticed how useful a mobile phone can be but are
>> actually stupid enough to leave it behind when out and about.

> It's not MY fault, the Tax office has make it necessary for their site
> logon.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: I love PayPal

<j0tq7rFg04dU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4753&group=aus.legal#4753

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.computers,aus.legal
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2021 17:02:30 +1100
References: <j0l0l2FpmdoU1@mid.individual.net> <pfsaqgljd7t4af6t922e9efil683l0m6p1@4ax.com> <j0le8jFs3h5U1@mid.individual.net> <gu0bqgtcv04iu83eo3pd0n7jslad2tvkjd@4ax.com> <j0litjFssglU1@mid.individual.net> <j0ob8gFehkrU1@mid.individual.net> <iamfqgpt5j3riikgm4g92dq77k5ubdp36s@4ax.com> <j0q7efFpo7kU1@mid.individual.net> <soba3k$8cu$1@gioia.aioe.org> <m3oiqgpi13hj7knhqdkoup73rn2nhs3uph@4ax.com> <soc5sp$1tae$2@gioia.aioe.org> <apajqgdaavr1sra7km65pq9qmotllt0jap@4ax.com>
 by: Rod Speed - Fri, 3 Dec 2021 06:02 UTC

Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote

>>> Before fruiting about with these goony sites, try first the option of
>>> EFT into his/her bank account. Or use the mobile phone to do it that
>>> same way. Or send him a cheque, or for small amounts send cash
>>> (notes) thru the mail.
>>> Don't listen to Rod; he's up to his nuts in the latest Technicolor
>>> site. Shiny glittering colorful things entrance some people.
>>>

>>Seems like PayID is in effect EFT - just that the banks all keep track
>>of matching PayIDs with account numbers.

> I thought PayID was a part of PayPal?

Nope, nothing to do with PayPal.

> No?

Nope.

> Who needs the mental overhead of yet another pay site.

It isn't a pay site. You just send the money to a mobile number
or email address in the same way you do an EFT and it happens
instantly unlike with an EFT. Only downside is that the recipient
has to have set it up before you can send them any money.

> These might be effective for large volumes

It isn't a pay site.

> (possibly attract a discount) but the
> world is complicated enough!

Only for the stupids that are so fucking stupid that they cant
even manage to work out how useful a mobile phone is.
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PayPal_Mafia" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PayPal_Mafia
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PayPal

Re: I love PayPal

<j0ttubFgk6vU2@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4754&group=aus.legal#4754

From: use...@account.invalid (keithr0)
Newsgroups: aus.computers,aus.legal
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2021 17:05:49 +1000
 by: keithr0 - Fri, 3 Dec 2021 07:05 UTC

On 3/12/2021 1:31 am, F Murtz wrote:
> On 2/12/21 10:15 am, keithr0 wrote:

>>> For international payments they make a mint charging you a variety
>>> of currency conversion fees, mostly the one that's hidden by them
>>> offering a lower-than-reality value for your money in whatever
>>> currency you're paying in.
>>
>> Have a look at what banks charge for international transactions. To
>> get that cheque into my account, there was a cheque cashing charge
>> plus the usual usurious conversion rate.
>>
>>> The rest of the fees are charged to the seller, who presumably
>>> passes them back to you one way or other, though that's unclear
>>> when items can either be ordered online or purchased for the
>>> same price with cash in-store.
>>
>> Just the same as credit card transactions, especially if you use
>> contactless. It's not usually visible but Aldi charge extra to cover it..
>
> Aldi only charges if you tap it,not If you put in slot with pin

That's what I was saying.

>>> Some online stores just calculate PayPal's fee and charge you
>>> that directly as an added charge during check-out. It's a nasty
>>> surprise at the very end of the check-out process.
>>
>> Same as credit cards, nobody does anything for free.

Re: I love PayPal

<j0tu20Fgk6vU3@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4755&group=aus.legal#4755

From: use...@account.invalid (keithr0)
Newsgroups: aus.computers,aus.legal
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2021 17:07:45 +1000
 by: keithr0 - Fri, 3 Dec 2021 07:07 UTC

On 3/12/2021 1:48 am, Rod Speed wrote:
> F Murtz <haggisz@hotmail.com> wrote
>> keithr0 wrote
>>> Computer Nerd Kev wrote

>>> Have a look at what banks charge for international transactions. To
>>> get that cheque into my account, there was a cheque cashing charge
>>> plus the usual usurious conversion rate.

>>> Just the same as credit card transactions, especially if you use
>>> contactless. It's not usually visible but Aldi charge extra to cover
>>> it..
>>
>> Aldi only charges if you tap it,not If you put in slot with pin
>
> That’s because the contactless system doesn’t know if it’s
> a debit or credit card. They only surcharge credit cards.

That's not what I understand, they put a surcharge on both because the
contactless transactions go through another organisation before it gets
to the bank.

>>> Same as credit cards, nobody does anything for free.

Re: I love PayPal

<j0u1paFhb8iU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4756&group=aus.legal#4756

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.computers,aus.legal
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2021 19:11:16 +1100
References: <j0l0l2FpmdoU1@mid.individual.net> <pfsaqgljd7t4af6t922e9efil683l0m6p1@4ax.com> <j0le8jFs3h5U1@mid.individual.net> <gu0bqgtcv04iu83eo3pd0n7jslad2tvkjd@4ax.com> <j0litjFssglU1@mid.individual.net> <j0ob8gFehkrU1@mid.individual.net> <iamfqgpt5j3riikgm4g92dq77k5ubdp36s@4ax.com> <so8mo3$ht0$1@gioia.aioe.org> <j0qe0gFqu10U1@mid.individual.net> <rF5qJ.161681$IW4.114774@fx48.iad> <j0s86sF703mU1@mid.individual.net> <j0tu20Fgk6vU3@mid.individual.net>
 by: Rod Speed - Fri, 3 Dec 2021 08:11 UTC

keithr0 <user@account.invalid> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> F Murtz <haggisz@hotmail.com> wrote
>>> keithr0 wrote

>>> Aldi only charges if you tap it,not If you put in slot with pin
>>
>> That’s because the contactless system doesn’t know if it’s
>> a debit or credit card. They only surcharge credit cards.

> That's not what I understand, they put a surcharge on both

No they don’t.

> because the contactless transactions go through another organisation
> before it gets to the bank.

That’s wrong too. That’s not what happens with
contactless transactions done with a physical card.

You are confusing that with transactions which are
done with ApplePay and GooglePay which are done
like that. And the reason for both debit and credit
card transactions both being surcharged is because
contactless system doesn’t allow the terminal to
determine if it’s a debit or credit card.

Re: I love PayPal

<j0u2mnFhhanU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4757&group=aus.legal#4757

From: use...@account.invalid (keithr0)
Newsgroups: aus.computers,aus.legal
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2021 18:27:02 +1000
 by: keithr0 - Fri, 3 Dec 2021 08:27 UTC

On 3/12/2021 6:11 pm, Rod Speed wrote:
> keithr0 <user@account.invalid> wrote
>> Rod Speed wrote
>>> F Murtz <haggisz@hotmail.com> wrote

>>> That’s because the contactless system doesn’t know if it’s
>>> a debit or credit card. They only surcharge credit cards.
>
>> That's not what I understand, they put a surcharge on both
>
> No they don’t.

https://mozo.com.au/credit-cards/guides/the-tap-and-go-fee-trap-paywave-and-paypass-exposed

Note the line about Aldi.

>> because the contactless transactions go through another organisation
>> before it gets to the bank.
>
> That’s wrong too. That’s not what happens with
> contactless transactions done with a physical card.

No it isn't contactless gets processed as a credit card even if it is a
debit. It's up to the trader whether to pass that charge on or not.

> You are confusing that with transactions which are
> done with ApplePay and GooglePay which are done
> like that. And the reason for both debit and credit
> card transactions both being surcharged is because
> contactless system doesn’t allow the terminal to
> determine if it’s a debit or credit card.

Re: I love PayPal

<j0unpsFlg15U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4758&group=aus.legal#4758

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.computers,aus.legal
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2021 01:27:06 +1100
References: <j0l0l2FpmdoU1@mid.individual.net> <pfsaqgljd7t4af6t922e9efil683l0m6p1@4ax.com> <j0le8jFs3h5U1@mid.individual.net> <gu0bqgtcv04iu83eo3pd0n7jslad2tvkjd@4ax.com> <j0litjFssglU1@mid.individual.net> <j0ob8gFehkrU1@mid.individual.net> <iamfqgpt5j3riikgm4g92dq77k5ubdp36s@4ax.com> <so8mo3$ht0$1@gioia.aioe.org> <j0qe0gFqu10U1@mid.individual.net> <rF5qJ.161681$IW4.114774@fx48.iad> <j0s86sF703mU1@mid.individual.net> <j0tu20Fgk6vU3@mid.individual.net> <j0u1paFhb8iU1@mid.individual.net> <j0u2mnFhhanU1@mid.individual.net>
 by: Rod Speed - Fri, 3 Dec 2021 14:27 UTC

keithr0 <user@account.invalid> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> keithr0 <user@account.invalid> wrote
>>> Rod Speed wrote

>>> That's not what I understand, they put a surcharge on both
>>
>> No they don’t.
>
> https://mozo.com.au/credit-cards/guides/the-tap-and-go-fee-trap-paywave-and-paypass-exposed
>
> Note the line about Aldi.
>

>>> because the contactless transactions go through another organisation
>>> before it gets to the bank.
>>
>> That’s wrong too. That’s not what happens with
>> contactless transactions done with a physical card.
>
> No it isn't contactless gets processed as a credit card even if it is a
> debit.

That’s not going thru another organisation, that’s not
allowing the terminal to know if it’s a debit or credit card.

> It's up to the trader whether to pass that charge on or not.

>> You are confusing that with transactions which are
>> done with ApplePay and GooglePay which are done
>> like that. And the reason for both debit and credit
>> card transactions both being surcharged is because
>> contactless system doesn’t allow the terminal to
>> determine if it’s a debit or credit card.

Re: I love PayPal

<iu2lqgdeam5u5e3ieh2bv172lpa631mubu@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4759&group=aus.legal#4759

From: pj...@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.computers,aus.legal
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2021 08:31:40 +1100
References: <pfsaqgljd7t4af6t922e9efil683l0m6p1@4ax.com> <j0le8jFs3h5U1@mid.individual.net> <gu0bqgtcv04iu83eo3pd0n7jslad2tvkjd@4ax.com> <j0litjFssglU1@mid.individual.net> <j0ob8gFehkrU1@mid.individual.net> <iamfqgpt5j3riikgm4g92dq77k5ubdp36s@4ax.com> <j0q7efFpo7kU1@mid.individual.net> <soba3k$8cu$1@gioia.aioe.org> <m3oiqgpi13hj7knhqdkoup73rn2nhs3uph@4ax.com> <j0tg55Fe83eU1@mid.individual.net> <t7ajqg1uhhqrm7k35lk02chrubm97fjd1u@4ax.com> <j0tpntFftkgU1@mid.individual.net>
 by: Peter Jason - Fri, 3 Dec 2021 21:31 UTC

>>>Some have enough of a clue to notice how useful some new stuff is.
>>
>> Invention is the mother of necessity.
>
>Not always, much more often it produces
>a more convenient way to do things.
>
>> And the Snake-oilers made it so.
>
>More mindless bullshit.
>
>>> Even you noticed how useful a mobile phone can be but are
>>> actually stupid enough to leave it behind when out and about.
>
>> It's not MY fault, the Tax office has make it necessary for their site
>> logon.
>
>Most of us noticed how useful they are long before the tax office did that.
>
>You're too stupid to even work that out ? Your problem, as always.
>
>Watched a doco a few weeks away about china. Microscopically
>small little shop where locals could buy stuff like a bottle of water
>or a roll of dunny paper etc. Everyone paid with their phones.
>
>They hardly use any cash at all anymore, all pay with their phones.

Well, I remember long ago when the power went down in a large country
town, including the phone lines, and those with only debit/credit
cards were stuffed. Cash then was very handy.
It's curious how nobody realizes that with some cash you can have it
both ways.
And the devil take PayPal!

Re: I love PayPal

<j0vi5lFqfcfU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4760&group=aus.legal#4760

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.computers,aus.legal
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2021 08:57:06 +1100
References: <pfsaqgljd7t4af6t922e9efil683l0m6p1@4ax.com> <j0le8jFs3h5U1@mid.individual.net> <gu0bqgtcv04iu83eo3pd0n7jslad2tvkjd@4ax.com> <j0litjFssglU1@mid.individual.net> <j0ob8gFehkrU1@mid.individual.net> <iamfqgpt5j3riikgm4g92dq77k5ubdp36s@4ax.com> <j0q7efFpo7kU1@mid.individual.net> <soba3k$8cu$1@gioia.aioe.org> <m3oiqgpi13hj7knhqdkoup73rn2nhs3uph@4ax.com> <j0tg55Fe83eU1@mid.individual.net> <t7ajqg1uhhqrm7k35lk02chrubm97fjd1u@4ax.com> <j0tpntFftkgU1@mid.individual.net> <iu2lqgdeam5u5e3ieh2bv172lpa631mubu@4ax.com>
 by: Rod Speed - Fri, 3 Dec 2021 21:57 UTC

Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote

>>> Invention is the mother of necessity.
>>
>>Not always, much more often it produces
>>a more convenient way to do things.
>>
>>> And the Snake-oilers made it so.
>>
>>More mindless bullshit.

>>> It's not MY fault, the Tax office has make it necessary for their site
>>> logon.
>>
>>Most of us noticed how useful they are long before the tax office did
>>that.
>>
>>You're too stupid to even work that out ? Your problem, as always.
>>
>>Watched a doco a few weeks away about china. Microscopically
>>small little shop where locals could buy stuff like a bottle of water
>>or a roll of dunny paper etc. Everyone paid with their phones.
>>
>>They hardly use any cash at all anymore, all pay with their phones.
>>

> Well, I remember long ago when the power went down
> in a large country town, including the phone lines, and
> those with only debit/credit cards were stuffed.

Doesn't happen in china because both the buyer and the shop
owner all use their mobile phones and those keep going fine.

> Cash then was very handy.

More bullshit, the supermarkets stop operating and the servos too.

And I have cash for the garage sales anyway even tho I can pay
anyone with a mobile phone, its not worth holding up the queue
of those paying for stuff convincing the seller that its as good as
cash. Quite often my mate needs to borrow some cash when the
seller has run out of change or when he has used all his. He used
to get more cash out of the ATM and pay be back later. Now he
just pays me using PayID his phone, instantly.

> It's curious how nobody realizes that with
> some cash you can have it both ways.

We all do.

> And the devil take PayPal!

You are free to use PayID if you prefer that.

Re: I love PayPal

<soe8qa$smh$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4761&group=aus.legal#4761

From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.computers,aus.legal
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2021 10:21:45 +1100
 by: Max - Fri, 3 Dec 2021 23:21 UTC

On 30/11/2021 8:56 am, Rod Speed wrote:
> The Australian newspaper tried to flagrantly dishonestly shaft me and
> PayPal has just fucked them up the arse.
> I was researching Cleo's abduction 3 weeks ago and found
> that the Australian newspaper had a paid for article that I
> was interested in reading. Only $4 for a 4 week subscription
> so I signed up and set a reminder to cancel before it started
> charging me $40/month for the next 4 weeks.
> The buggers slugged me the $40 today a full week too early.
> Rang them and had the monkey claim that its spelt out in the fine print
> of the terms and conditions that they will charge it a week early. No
> mention of that with the signup.
> Refused to do anything about it. Its clearly a deliberate scam.
> I had chosen to pay using PayPal in case there was a problem.
>
> Rang PayPal just now and they reversed the charge immediately.
> I will be paying with paypal for everything I can do that with even with
> well known operations like that arsehole Murdoch.

Why do PayPal cover people in this situation? Won't they just be losing
heaps of money?

Re: I love PayPal

<j0vompFrl73U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4762&group=aus.legal#4762

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.computers,aus.legal
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2021 10:48:37 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Fri, 3 Dec 2021 23:48 UTC

Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote

>> The Australian newspaper tried to flagrantly dishonestly shaft me and
>> PayPal has just fucked them up the arse.

>> I was researching Cleo's abduction 3 weeks ago and found
>> that the Australian newspaper had a paid for article that I
>> was interested in reading. Only $4 for a 4 week subscription
>> so I signed up and set a reminder to cancel before it started
>> charging me $40/month for the next 4 weeks.

>> The buggers slugged me the $40 today a full week too early.

>> Rang them and had the monkey claim that its spelt out in the fine print
>> of the terms and conditions that they will charge it a week early. No
>> mention of that with the signup.

>> Refused to do anything about it. Its clearly a deliberate scam.
>> I had chosen to pay using PayPal in case there was a problem.

>> Rang PayPal just now and they reversed the charge immediately.
>> I will be paying with paypal for everything I can do that with even with
>> well known operations like that arsehole Murdoch.

> Why do PayPal cover people in this situation?

They were originally part of Ebay and that guarantee
was what encouraged people to buy stuff on ebay
given that they knew they would get their money
back if the seller didn’t deliver or delivered something
other than what they said they would deliver, or it
wasn’t working etc.

PayPal later got hived off to do a lot more than just
be a way of paying for stuff bought on ebay.

And credit cards also offered a similar guarantee that you
couldn’t be shafted if you paid for it with a credit card.

Won't they just be losing
> heaps of money?

Nope, the seller doesn’t get the money
immediately and so when they reverse