Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 4 May 2021 17:00:30 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Useful Definitions Of ebikes for Regulatory Purposes
From: bretcah...@aol.com (Bret Cahill)
 by: Bret Cahill - Wed, 5 May 2021 00:00 UTC

Interesting that no one thought of high density slurries for pumped hydro before now.

https://www.theengineer.co.uk/high-density-pumped-hydro/

"A new system based on pumped hydro generation promises to vastly increase
capacity to store and release energy generated from renewables, providing a
more environmentally-friendly alternative to batteries.

"The breakthrough in the system being developed by start-up RheEnergise is a
bespoke fluid with a density 2.5 times that of water. The company says this
opens up a huge number of potentially suitable sites."

83% round trip efficiency.

A really great idea!

> >> Britain has some good scientists and engineers but the politicians
> >> and general public are clueless in technical matters. In my visit
> >> to your country, I got the sense that your countrymen are a lot
> >> more comfortable with it.
> >
> > Most people here need to be entertained, middle school.
> We have lots of those too.
> > If you just want to dump H2 maybe reverse the excess air fuel ratio
> > in jet engines.
> >
> > If you can scavenge all the O2 maybe carbon carbon turbines are
> > possible.
> Porsche is presently trying to invent photosynthesis
>
> https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/2020/company/porsche-siemens-energy-pilot-project-chile-research-development-synthetic-fuels-efuels-23021.html

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Useful Definitions Of ebikes for Regulatory Purposes