Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2021 03:21:38 -0800 (PST)
Subject: talkRADIO presenter Cristo Foufas continues anti-cycle lane crusade
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 13 Dec 2021 11:21 UTC

We knew it wouldn't be too long before talkRADIO Cristo criticised cycle lanes again. This time taking a few seconds out of his Saturday evening to film a short stretch of empty lane accompanied by the claim of a private hire driver that he had not seen a cyclist for four hours.

Interestingly at the same spot four hours later Rory Meakin saw three cyclists and two e-scooter riders in four minutes...

> TalkRadio slammed for holding poll asking 'Are cyclists a danger on the road?'

Maybe the Surrey traffic cops will be back to educate Cristo again? Last month, after the radio ranter set his sights on CyclingMikey, the Surrey Roads Policing Unit Twitter account hit back, arguing "Mikey is providing a really effective element of road safety".

On the same day, Cristo also went after TfL and Santander Cycles for only achieving one million monthly journeys. Anyway, the day went on and Cristo ended up asking for the Surrey Police complaints form...which was duly used by many happy road users thanking the force for their road safety lessons.

https://road.cc/content/news/cycling-live-blog-13-december-2021-288611#live-blog-item-30181

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / talkRADIO presenter Cristo Foufas continues anti-cycle lane crusade