From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: King's Speech
Date: Tue, 10 May 2022 18:24:04 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Tue, 10 May 2022 17:24 UTC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-61391974

<quotes>

The speech came amid widespread concerns over the rising cost of living, with the Bank of England warning that inflation could hit around 10% later this year.

None of the bills outlined by the government directly addresses the issue, but the prime minister said wider economic reforms would help households.

</quotes>

Johnson is going to have to explain how economic reform or growth will help those enduring the cost of living emergency, how it will make them better off.

It seems to be just a continuation of hardline tory ideology that the rich keep getting richer while, if the poor can't get a job, don't work harder, work longer hours, take on more jobs, then that's tough shit, it's their problem.

And it seems the lying serial liar is lying again when he says he'll be doing something soon, or this truly is a government collapsing into chaos, as the Treasury insists it has already been decided nothing more will be done until Autumn, and maybe not then.

The Treasury is reported as being "baffled" by the shit Johnson is making up. But that's what he always does, says what people want to hear while not intending to do any of it; a Johnson promise today is simply tomorrow's lie...

With millions of working people already pushed into poverty, foodbanks being overwhelmed, many are remembering the bankers got rich on a £500 billion bailout for fucking the economy and giving us austerity while they are getting no meaningful help at all.

I had always believed we would never see a revolution in Britain because even our worse governments had enough sense to give just enough to keep that at bay. Seems Un Clown is determined to prove me wrong.

I'm all for that. I'm just surprised tory scum are because it's not going to end well, even if they do have shareholdings in rope manufacturing.

Re: King's Speech

<%oyeK.1905087$Z91.107891@fx03.ams4>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4777&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4777

Subject: Re: King's Speech
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: ngspamme...@yahoo.co.uk (TWP)
Date: Tue, 10 May 2022 19:45:14 +0100
 by: TWP - Tue, 10 May 2022 18:45 UTC

On 10/05/2022 18:24, The Happy Hippy wrote:
> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-61391974
>
> <quotes>
>
> The speech came amid widespread concerns over the rising cost of living, with the Bank of England warning that inflation could hit around 10% later this year.
>
> None of the bills outlined by the government directly addresses the issue, but the prime minister said wider economic reforms would help households.
>
> </quotes>
>
> Johnson is going to have to explain how economic reform or growth will help those enduring the cost of living emergency, how it will make them better off.

I'm waiting for that too. If you see him about to explain it let me
know so I don't miss it.

> It seems to be just a continuation of hardline tory ideology that the rich keep getting richer while, if the poor can't get a job, don't work harder, work longer hours, take on more jobs, then that's tough shit, it's their problem.

That does seem to be the solution offered if I understand it correctly.
They intend to 'grow the economy' out of the troubles which translated
to people probably means less food, more cold and lots more work. I
think I saw this in "Animal Farm". Unless I'm getting him wrong and
he's talking about us all getting cloned...

> And it seems the lying serial liar is lying again when he says he'll be doing something soon, or this truly is a government collapsing into chaos, as the Treasury insists it has already been decided nothing more will be done until Autumn, and maybe not then.
>
> The Treasury is reported as being "baffled" by the shit Johnson is making up. But that's what he always does, says what people want to hear while not intending to do any of it; a Johnson promise today is simply tomorrow's lie..
>
> With millions of working people already pushed into poverty, foodbanks being overwhelmed, many are remembering the bankers got rich on a £500 billion bailout for fucking the economy and giving us austerity while they are getting no meaningful help at all.

I do remember during the bailout that whoops - someone had forgotten to
stipulate that the bailout money couldn't be used to pay bonuses.

> I had always believed we would never see a revolution in Britain because even our worse governments had enough sense to give just enough to keep that at bay. Seems Un Clown is determined to prove me wrong.
>
> I'm all for that. I'm just surprised tory scum are because it's not going to end well, even if they do have shareholdings in rope manufacturing.

Remember the Summer Riots? I bet there were a few private helicopters
spinning up that night! and how the justice system descended on anyone
involved. Transportation to Australia for stealing a bottle of water.
Well, it would have been if they could have.

Re: King's Speech

<20220510210133.00006c18@ntlworld.invalid>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4778&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4778

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Tue, 10 May 2022 21:01:33 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Tue, 10 May 2022 20:01 UTC

On Tue, 10 May 2022 19:45:14 +0100
TWP <ngspammersad@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> > Johnson is going to have to explain how economic reform or growth
> > will help those enduring the cost of living emergency, how it will
> > make them better off.
>
> I'm waiting for that too. If you see him about to explain it let me
> know so I don't miss it.

Tada -

"We need to grow our economy out of these problems by creating hundreds of thousands of high-waged, high-skilled jobs across the country."

No mention of how that will work though.

I am all for that but when will these jobs materialise ? What about the meantime ? But most importantly what about the millions who won't ever have those jobs, the millions who aren't skilled enough to do them, the millions who will never be able to ?

That seems to me to just be widening the divide. I am sure every toilet cleaner would dream of being a stock market 'loadsa money' trader but it doesn't work that way, can't work that way.

And without immigrant 'slave labour' we are going to need white Brits doing the lowest-paid and most menial jobs no one in their right mind would choose to do.

One can easily see this as the first concrete step in the direction of their desired Singapore on the Thames with shanty towns of poverty outside it's barbed-wire walls. You'll have to endure shit if you want to survive. Do it or die in the gutter. Your choice.

Of course, many of us warned this was what the brexit plan was all along. It's why I have always said those wanting it were turkeys voting for Christmas, would not be at all happy when they eventually discovered what they would actually be getting.

I know, I know; we won't agree on that, and I accept it's not just brexit to blame. But it seems to me we are exactly where Project Fear said we would be, and the indications are it's going to get worse rather than better.

> Remember the Summer Riots? I bet there were a few private
> helicopters spinning up that night! and how the justice system
> descended on anyone involved. Transportation to Australia for
> stealing a bottle of water. Well, it would have been if they could
> have.

It might not just be coincidence that a clampdown on protest, harsher punishments, harder policing, and removal of Human Rights, play a big part of their plans.

Re: King's Speech

<2HzeK.1905099$Z91.1614181@fx03.ams4>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4779&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4779

Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: ngspamme...@yahoo.co.uk (TWP)
Date: Tue, 10 May 2022 21:12:45 +0100
 by: TWP - Tue, 10 May 2022 20:12 UTC

On 10/05/2022 21:01, The Happy Hippy wrote:
> On Tue, 10 May 2022 19:45:14 +0100
> TWP <ngspammersad@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>> Johnson is going to have to explain how economic reform or growth
>>> will help those enduring the cost of living emergency, how it will
>>> make them better off.
>>
>> I'm waiting for that too. If you see him about to explain it let me
>> know so I don't miss it.
>
> Tada -
>
> "We need to grow our economy out of these problems by creating hundreds of thousands of high-waged, high-skilled jobs across the country."
>
> No mention of how that will work though.
>
> I am all for that but when will these jobs materialise ? What about the meantime ? But most importantly what about the millions who won't ever have those jobs, the millions who aren't skilled enough to do them, the millions who will never be able to ?
>
> That seems to me to just be widening the divide. I am sure every toilet cleaner would dream of being a stock market 'loadsa money' trader but it doesn't work that way, can't work that way.

It really doesn't work that way. I don't know if you saw the Gamestop
trading where share trading apps were restricted to sell-only 'to
protect the public' when the public caught the traders shorting the
company!

Gamestop value plunges as apps restrict trading
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cx3Guc2QRgU

How Reddit broke the stock market
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH_F7mQIM0M

Re: King's Speech

<20220510234213.00005b3a@ntlworld.invalid>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4783&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4783

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Tue, 10 May 2022 23:42:13 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Tue, 10 May 2022 22:42 UTC

On Tue, 10 May 2022 21:12:45 +0100
TWP <ngspammersad@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> On 10/05/2022 21:01, The Happy Hippy wrote:

> >> I'm waiting for that too. If you see him about to explain it let
> >> me know so I don't miss it.
> >
> > Tada -
> >
> > "We need to grow our economy out of these problems by creating
> > hundreds of thousands of high-waged, high-skilled jobs across the
> > country."
> >
> > No mention of how that will work though.
> >
> > I am all for that but when will these jobs materialise ? What about
> > the meantime ? But most importantly what about the millions who
> > won't ever have those jobs, the millions who aren't skilled enough
> > to do them, the millions who will never be able to ?
> >
> > That seems to me to just be widening the divide. I am sure every
> > toilet cleaner would dream of being a stock market 'loadsa money'
> > trader but it doesn't work that way, can't work that way.
>

> It really doesn't work that way. I don't know if you saw the
> Gamestop trading where share trading apps were restricted to
> sell-only 'to protect the public' when the public caught the traders
> shorting the company!
>
> Gamestop value plunges as apps restrict trading
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cx3Guc2QRgU
>
> How Reddit broke the stock market
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH_F7mQIM0M

My opinion on Gamestop is that it was organised from the start by a bunch of scammers who embarked on a get rich scheme by exploiting the system and manipulating people into inflating the value of their stock holding.

The smart guys got out and made a tidy profit leaving wannabe get rich scammers and their gullible marks out of pocket.

That's exactly how the stock market works. I have lass than zero sympathy for those who were hoping to get rich by exploiting others and ended up screwing themselves. Everyone participating had accepted the risk of losing everything so no sympathy is due. If they didn't know what they were getting into more fool them.

Re: King's Speech

<20220511124200.00000d32@ntlworld.invalid>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4789&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4789

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Wed, 11 May 2022 12:42:00 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Wed, 11 May 2022 11:42 UTC

On Tue, 10 May 2022 23:42:13 +0100
The Happy Hippy <the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid> wrote:

> The smart guys got out and made a tidy profit leaving wannabe get
> rich scammers and their gullible marks out of pocket.
>
> That's exactly how the stock market works.

Keith "Roaring Kitty" Gill appears to have made $40 million and many others made themselves millionaires.

That money didn't just magically appear from nowhere. It is money they took from others who lost theirs.

It was classic "pump and dump" albeit done in a novel and very effective manner, convincing others they were "sticking it to the man" rather than pumping and making the architect of the scheme immensely rich.

Those who created the bubble sold before it burst, made themselves rich, leaving others out of pocket.

Most losers invested only a small amount so didn't care about their loss, were happy with it being a fair price for the damage caused. Others invested everything and lost the lot.

Some were stupid and foolish people who didn't understand the game they were playing, or let greed and false promises of guaranteed riches get the better of them. Others were opportunist scammers who set about making themselves rich at the expense of the gullible and failed in achieving that.

All eventually got to shake hands with Karma.

Re: King's Speech

<20220512202128.000073dd@ntlworld.invalid>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4813&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4813

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Thu, 12 May 2022 20:21:28 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Thu, 12 May 2022 19:21 UTC

On Tue, 10 May 2022 23:42:13 +0100
The Happy Hippy <the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid> wrote:

> My opinion on Gamestop is that it was organised from the start by a
> bunch of scammers who embarked on a get rich scheme by exploiting the
> system and manipulating people into inflating the value of their
> stock holding.
>
> The smart guys got out and made a tidy profit leaving wannabe get
> rich scammers and their gullible marks out of pocket.

I was going to mention Bitcoin and I perhaps should have. Crypto the same con at heart; pump and dump, the winners scoring a fortune by jumping with investor money, leaving the suckers high and dry and out of pocket

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-61425209

<quotes>

Crypto-currency markets are being rocked after a popular token lost 99% of its value, dragging down a so-called "stablecoin" with it.

The Terra Luna token fell from a high of $118, last month, to $0.09 on Thursday.

Spooked investors are now pulling out of major crypto-currencies, sending markets plummeting.

</quotes>

NFT's are the latest 'in thing' to avoid like the plague.

Re: King's Speech

<20220516212444.00003dc0@ntlworld.invalid>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4915&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4915

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 21:24:44 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Mon, 16 May 2022 20:24 UTC

On Tue, 10 May 2022 18:24:04 +0100
The Happy Hippy <the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid> wrote:

> Johnson is going to have to explain how economic reform or growth
> will help those enduring the cost of living emergency, how it will
> make them better off.
>
> It seems to be just a continuation of hardline tory ideology that the
> rich keep getting richer while, if the poor can't get a job, don't
> work harder, work longer hours, take on more jobs, then that's tough
> shit, it's their problem.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/cost-of-living-minister-rachel-maclean-increase-hours-job-b1000193.html

<quote>

A government minister is at the centre of a row after saying workers struggling with rising bills should consider taking on more hours or simply moving to a "better paid job".

Rachel Maclean, safeguarding minister in the Home Office, said families could "protect" themselves from the cost of living crisis by taking on more work.

</quote>

"Safeguarding Minister" - That's got to be 'sick joke of the year'.

It is pretty clear the Johnson elite don't understand people are already working as hard as they can, are buying the cheapest food, have cut-back and forgoing all they can to keep their kids fed, warm, and with a roof over their heads. Or, most likely, they just don't care.

I'm already buying cake, readying myself for some minister telling me that's the best choice.

I am wondering how long people will put up with this victim blaming shit and supermarkets gouging them for all they can before they finally snap.

I'm doing my bit, up-voting every post I see calling for change, action and insurgency, no matter who they choose to blame for the problem.

To every minister earning £140K a year, every BoE boss on half a million, every tory with millions in the bank, telling people they just have to grin and bear it, suck it up, I say bring it on, let's hear more of that.

I don't think we'll make it to the end of 2022 without seeing a million-strong 'Thatcher-years re-enactment society' formed and taking to the streets. I'm not convinced we will make it through summer without some city burning.. And I imagine, once one goes, we'll see a domino effect.

Some will say we can't blame brexit, and we did admittedly have covid. But also tax hikes and Junta policies which have put the squeeze on everyone except the rich and elite they serve.

All I can say is it's nothing like the "Brexit Britain" we were promised by brextremists; lower prices, higher wages, a surging economy, a better life for everyone.

And odd how it is exactly how Project Fear predicted.