The possession of a book becomes a substitute for reading it. -- Anthony Burgess

aus+uk / uk.current-events.terrorism / Russian newspapers celebrate Putin's Victory Day speech

SubjectAuthor
* Russian newspapers celebrate Putin's Victory Day speechTWP
+- Re: Russian newspapers celebrate Putin's Victory Day speechTWP
`- Re: Russian newspapers celebrate Putin's Victory Day speechThe Happy Hippy

1
Russian newspapers celebrate Putin's Victory Day speech

<uVOeK.1317500$zX2.1265772@fx12.ams4>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4790&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4790

Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: ngspamme...@yahoo.co.uk (TWP)
Subject: Russian newspapers celebrate Putin's Victory Day speech
Date: Wed, 11 May 2022 14:32:10 +0100
 by: TWP - Wed, 11 May 2022 13:32 UTC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-europe-61404062

11 May 2022 14:09 post

Steve Rosenberg

Reporting from Moscow

Let's turn now to what Russian newspapers have been saying since
Vladimir Putin delivered his Victory Day speech on Monday, in which he
likened Russia’s offensive in Ukraine to the Soviet war against Nazi
Germany.

“Our soldiers and officers are saving the world from Nazism, just like
our grandfathers and our great grandfathers once did,” declares the
tabloid Komsomolskaya Pravda.

The pro-Kremlin press continues to promote the false Kremlin narrative
that Russia sent its troops into Ukraine to fight Nazis, who are
supposedly being backed by the West.

“Hitler’s former allies are now arming Ukraine,” writes Komsomolskaya
Pravda. “The whole of Europe armed Hitler, just like it’s arming
Zelensky. The economic power of Europe worked for the German fascists.
Today it’s working for Ukrainian Nazis.”

The language is extraordinary. But the objective is clear.

The Russian authorities want the Russian public to think of President
Zelensky - Ukraine’s Jewish President - as a Hitler-like figure to
justify the Kremlin’s military operation.

What will be Vladimir Putin’s next move in Ukraine? Moskovsky
Komsomolets concludes:

“He’s not about to retreat. He’s prepared for a long, protracted fight.
He doesn’t care how long it takes."

__________________________

.... so it's not all about NATO getting too close anymore. It's about
Nazis. Everyone can get behind fighting Nazis. I'd have gone for Nazi
zombies myself. Not too late.

Great. It seems like we may be back to dealing with another beguiled
population ready for war.

Why are the people to the East of us always insane?

Re: Russian newspapers celebrate Putin's Victory Day speech

<mZOeK.2136048$2c1.1586277@fx04.ams4>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4791&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4791

Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: ngspamme...@yahoo.co.uk (TWP)
Date: Wed, 11 May 2022 14:36:17 +0100
 by: TWP - Wed, 11 May 2022 13:36 UTC

> “The whole of Europe armed Hitler, just like it’s arming
> Zelensky.

Yes - the parts of Europe that were enslaved by him were particularly
bad for it.

Re: Russian newspapers celebrate Putin's Victory Day speech

<20220511161105.00004442@ntlworld.invalid>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4797&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4797

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Wed, 11 May 2022 16:11:05 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Wed, 11 May 2022 15:11 UTC

On Wed, 11 May 2022 14:32:10 +0100
TWP <ngspammersad@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> ... so it's not all about NATO getting too close anymore. It's about
> Nazis.

NATO are considered to be those Nazis so there is no actual dichotomy.

Their calling us Nazis is no different to our calling them Nazis.

In terms of expansion and encroachment into the sphere of influence of others, paralleling Hitler's expansionism from which such Nazi demonisation derives, then NATO has done far more of that than Russia has. NATO has repeatedly broken its promises not to do so.