From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: War on the EU
Date: Thu, 12 May 2022 14:48:49 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Thu, 12 May 2022 13:48 UTC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-61421580

<quotes>

The foreign secretary has warned the UK will have "no choice but to act" if the EU does not show enough "flexibility" over post-Brexit checks on goods going from Britain to Northern Ireland.

The office of Attorney General said legal advice on ending the EU checks had now changed, because the arrangements were causing social unrest.

</quotes>

I doubt the EU will see it as the agreement itself causing social unrest. The agreement is merely the inevitable consequence of brexit which Britain said it was prepared to accept.

The EU will simply see it for what it is, Britain trying to have its cake and eat it, wanting to have the advantages of membership without membership, and they will be determined to not give us that, nor bow to Truss's threats to get it.

After all, we chose to dig ourselves into a hole where there isn't any solution which doesn't come with serious downsides and negative impact on the UK.

Brexit always meant a hard border in Ireland or a border in the Irish Sea. Everything else was just fantasy and delusion. Which is what truss is insisting upon having.

Re: War on the EU

<20220512152428.00002079@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4809&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4809

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Re: War on the EU
Date: Thu, 12 May 2022 15:24:28 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Thu, 12 May 2022 14:24 UTC

On Thu, 12 May 2022 14:48:49 +0100
The Happy Hippy <the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid> pointed to:

> The office of Attorney General said legal advice on ending the EU
> checks had now changed, because the arrangements were causing social
> unrest.

UK Ltd : We have decided we no longer want to pay for corporate membership of your gym.

Gym : Okay. We have cancelled that agreement. Your staff no longer have free access to our gym or use of its equipment.

UK Ltd : Okay. We agree to that. Though we have told our staff they would still have free access to your gym.

Gym : That's your problem. You were told many times they would lose free access when you were making your informed decision. You said that was acceptable, a price worth paying.

Uk Ltd : Some of our staff are lobbing bricks at the CEO because they no longer have free access to your gym.

Gym : That's not our problem. You can rejoin with corporate membership if you wish.

UK Ltd : We won't do that. You need to let our staff use your gym for free.

Gym : Fuck off. You're insane.