From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Turkey blocks Sweden and Finland from NATO
Date: Fri, 13 May 2022 18:38:21 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Fri, 13 May 2022 17:38 UTC

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/5/13/erdogan-says-turkey-opposed-to-finland-sweden-nato-membership

<quotes>

President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has said it is not possible for NATO-member Turkey to support Sweden and Finland joining the transatlantic military alliance

Erdogan said Ankara did not have "positive views" on the Scandinavian countries' expected moves to seek membership, accusing them of being "guesthouses for terrorist organisations".

</quotes>

And we also have the President of Croatia saying he would veto their membership bids.

Seems Sweden and Finland joining NATO isn't as assured as some were asserting it would be. I imagine NATO and the west have their work cut out giving Turkey and Croatia whatever they ask for to coerce them into not vetoing the membership bids.

The real spanner in the works will be if any NATO member adds the proviso "only if Ukraine joins".