Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2021 09:25:32 -0800 (PST)
Subject: OT: Bizarre attack on cyclist by shirtless man wielding metal pipe
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 16 Dec 2021 17:25 UTC

Why don't we get such hefty sentencing for these thugs?

Today is turning into a US special (with some UK-based bike lane blunders in between)...

This shirtless pipe-wielding attacker, 29-year-old Zachary Nulsich, has been arrested by the Harris County Sherriff's Office and now faces 20 years in prison having been charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, a second-degree felony.

The victim, 46-year-old Steven Blum, said he was riding along the newly opened trail for the first time. When rounding corners he often shouts out to pedestrians to let them know he's there, something he did as he passed the attacker for the first time.

On the way back down the trail, however, the shirtless man was now armed with a metal pipe which he jammed into the front wheel of the IT worker's Specialized Roubaix. Thanfully he managed to avoid crashing and pedalled away before calling the police.

"I had no idea what his intentions are after that," Blum told Chron (link is external). "I can only assume more harm. It's pretty scary to see a huge shirtless guy running after you with a pipe. I had no words or incidents prior to that. I don't get out on the trail very much either. I don't really know his motivation, not that it really matters."

Records showed Nulisch lives in a home which backs onto the trail, he is due back in court in January.

https://road.cc/content/news/cycling-live-blog-16-december-2021-288707#live-blog-item-30323

Re: OT: Bizarre attack on fairy-cyclist by shirtless man wielding metal pipe

<j21o8bFd5poU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4858&group=uk.rec.cycling#4858

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: OT: Bizarre attack on fairy-cyclist by shirtless man wielding
metal pipe
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2021 21:09:31 +0000
 by: JNugent - Thu, 16 Dec 2021 21:09 UTC

> Why don't we get such hefty sentencing for these thugs?
> Today is turning into a US special (with some UK-based fairy-bike lane blunders in between)...
> This shirtless pipe-wielding attacker, 29-year-old Zachary Nulsich, has been arrested by the Harris County Sherriff's Office and now faces 20 years in prison having been charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, a second-degree felony.
> The victim, 46-year-old Steven Blum, said he was riding along the newly opened trail for the first time. When rounding corners he often shouts out to pedestrians to let them know he's there, something he did as he passed the attacker for the first time.

So the fairy-cyclist screams at pedestrians to get out the effin' way
quite often, does he?

Of what significance is that, other than indicating that he doesn't care
about pedestrian safety and is only interested in his own "performance"?

> On the way back down the trail, however, the shirtless man was now armed with a metal pipe which he jammed into the front wheel of the IT worker's Specialized Roubaix. Thanfully he managed to avoid crashing and pedalled away before calling the police.
> "I had no idea what his intentions are after that," Blum told Chron (link is external).

"...no idea what ... intentions were...

Make a note of that, Master Rich.

> "I can only assume more harm.

"...I an only assume..."

Make a note of that also, Master Rich.

> It's pretty scary to see a huge shirtless guy running after you with a pipe. I had no words or incidents prior to that. I don't get out on the trail very much either. I don't really know his motivation, not that it really matters."
> Records showed Nulisch lives in a home which backs onto the trail, he is due back in court in January.

> https://road.cc/content/news/cycling-live-blog-16-december-2021-288707#live-blog-item-30323

That does not read as though anyone was attacked with a metal pipe.

It sounds rather as though the "attacker" jammed a pipe into the spokes
of one of the fairy-cycle's wheels, possibly as a means of self-defence
(as a few posters here have advocated in the past, though usually
envisaging the use of an umbrella).

Of course, the claim that the 46-yr-old "faces 20 years in prison" is
fantasy. He hasn't been convicted (at least, not according to the
report), but that's the ridiculous road.cc all over, isn't it?

And also Mason's fantasy, of course.

It's always best to see how these things turn out in real life.

Re: OT: Bizarre attack on cyclist by shirtless man wielding metal pipe

<ab35a1c7-0cd5-4928-9fae-81dc3a8c14a2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4860&group=uk.rec.cycling#4860

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2021 14:21:02 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 16 Dec 2021 22:21 UTC

Quote:

This shirtless pipe-wielding attacker, 29-year-old Zachary Nulsich, has been arrested by the Harris County Sherriff's Office and now faces 20 years in prison having been charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, a second-degree felony.

Here in the UK, that would probably have been written off as a mere jape by a bloke having a bad day, and nothing more said about it...

Here is a photo of the violent and deranged criminal.

https://cdn.road.cc/sites/default/files/styles/main_width/public/screenshot-2270.png

Re: OT: Bizarre attack on fairy-cyclist by shirtless man wielding metal pipe

<j21uqnFeck8U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4863&group=uk.rec.cycling#4863

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
metal pipe
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2021 23:01:43 +0000
 by: JNugent - Thu, 16 Dec 2021 23:01 UTC

> Quote:
>
> This shirtless pipe-wielding attacker, 29-year-old Zachary Nulsich, has been arrested by the Harris County Sherriff's Office and now faces 20 years in prison having been charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, a second-degree felony.
>
> Here in the UK, that would probably have been written off as a mere jape by a bloke having a bad day, and nothing more said about it...
>
> Here is a photo of the violent and deranged criminal.

What? The fairy-cyclist who admits that he screams at pedestrians to get
out of his way?

> https://cdn.road.cc/sites/default/files/styles/main_width/public/screenshot-2270.png

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: OT: Bizarre attack on fairy-cyclist by shirtless man wielding metal pipe