Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2021 13:47:31 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: parliamentary privilege
From: palliso...@gmail.com (Phil Allison)
 by: Phil Allison - Sun, 19 Dec 2021 21:47 UTC

Max the MORON wrote:
===================

> https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03-03/sarah-hanson-young-david-le
> yonhjelm-defamation-appeal/13210042
>
> David Leyonhjelm was successfully sued by Senator Hanson-Young for
> things he said in parliament.

**Not correct.
> Why wasn't he protected by parliamentary privilege?

** Read you own link.

> I thought you could say anything in parliament and not be at any legal
> risk.

** No strictly true.
Misleading parliament is an issue that can get an MP in big trouble.
Be forced to correct and apologise and maybe lose their ministerial role.

FYI

Ms Hanson Young is a dope, raving nutter and a fake feminazi.

OTOH Leyonhjelm is one smart guy who loves to "torture" public servants in committee hearings.
There are u-tubes of him outing colossal fakes holding top jobs in Govt departments.

...... Phil