Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2021 04:20:58 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Near Miss of the Day 680: Dangerous overtake into oncoming traffic
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 17 Dec 2021 12:20 UTC

We’re back on the same stretch of road in Buckinghamshire for the second time in a week in our Near Miss of the Day series today, this time featuring a driver performing a dangerous overtake on a pair of cyclists, passing the second of them just as another motorist is coming from the opposite direction.

The solid white lines on what is a winding road change from one side to another, highlighting that the prospect of drivers being tempted to make unsafe overtaking manoeuvres here is something of which the relevant highways authority – but that still doesn’t stop some motorists from taking their chances.

The road.cc reader who shot the footage on Winslow Road, south west of Milton Keynes, told us that he had received no response from Thames Valley Police.

“The road is very bumpy and there is a harsh set of potholes near the end of the video,” he said.

“You have to use the whole lane to get through to the other side safely.

“I’m not sure why one would need to overtake a cyclists at this speed on such a dangerous and blind set of corners,” he added.

https://road.cc/content/news/nmotd-680-dangerous-overtake-oncoming-traffic-288751