Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2021 04:06:02 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Near_Miss_of_the_Day_680:_“I_live_to_fight_another_day”
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 19 Dec 2021 12:06 UTC

Apologies for the rather dramatic headline, but if you cycle in the UK you will know that this is the kind of crap we have to put up with every single day – someone driving a car putting our lives in danger.

Paul, the road.cc reader who sent this one in, told us: “I’ve been using a camera for commuting for a week, and already half a dozen examples of poor driving, with this the worst.

“My right of way at the chicane. Maybe he had time to sneak through – but I wasn't ready for him cutting across me – and cutting the corner!

“I live to fight another day,” he added.

https://road.cc/content/news/nmotd-680-i-live-fight-another-day-288825

Re: Near Miss of the Day 680: “I live to fight another day”

<j291fhFp2tdU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4893&group=uk.rec.cycling#4893

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re:_Near_Miss_of_the_Day_680:_“I_live_to_figh
t_another_day”
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2021 15:29:53 +0000
 by: JNugent - Sun, 19 Dec 2021 15:29 UTC

> Apologies for the rather dramatic headline, but if you fairy-cycle in the UK you will know that this is the kind of crap we have to put up with every single day – someone driving a car putting our lives in danger.
>
> Paul, the road.cc reader who sent this one in, told us: “I’ve been using a camera for commuting for a week, and already half a dozen examples of poor driving, with this the worst.
>
> “My right of way at the chicane. Maybe he had time to sneak through – but I wasn't ready for him cutting across me – and cutting the corner!
>
> “I live to fight another day,” he added.
>
> https://road.cc/content/news/nmotd-680-i-live-fight-another-day-288825

Prominent Freudian slip spotted.

So many fairy-cyclists do seem to see their role in society as attacking
and fighting other, random, people they encounter out in public.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Near Miss of the Day 680: “I live to fight another day”