I got this powdered water -- now I don't know what to add. -- Steven Wright

aus+uk / uk.rec.motorcycles / Re: OT: Travel requirements for leaving the UK

SubjectAuthor
* OT: Travel requirements for leaving the UKPaul Carmichael
+* OT: Travel requirements for leaving the UKYTC#1
|`- OT: Travel requirements for leaving the UKPaul Carmichael
+* OT: Travel requirements for leaving the UKYTC#1
|`* OT: Travel requirements for leaving the UKPaul Carmichael
| +- OT: Travel requirements for leaving the UKYTC#1
| `* OT: Travel requirements for leaving the UKBen Blaney
|  `* OT: Travel requirements for leaving the UKPaul Carmichael
|   +- OT: Travel requirements for leaving the UKBen Blaney
|   +* OT: Travel requirements for leaving the UKYTC#1
|   |`* OT: Travel requirements for leaving the UKCab
|   | `- OT: Travel requirements for leaving the UKYTC#1
|   `- OT: Travel requirements for leaving the UKPete
+- OT: Travel requirements for leaving the UKwessie
+* OT: Travel requirements for leaving the UKwessie
|+- OT: Travel requirements for leaving the UKCab
|+* OT: Travel requirements for leaving the UKPaul Carmichael
||+* OT: Travel requirements for leaving the UKYTC#1
|||+* OT: Travel requirements for leaving the UKPaul Carmichael
|||`* OT: Travel requirements for leaving the UKCab
||| +* OT: Travel requirements for leaving the UKAce
||| `- OT: Travel requirements for leaving the UKYTC#1
||`* OT: Travel requirements for leaving the UKwessie
|| `- OT: Travel requirements for leaving the UKPaul Carmichael
|`* OT: Travel requirements for leaving the UKBen Blaney
| +- OT: Travel requirements for leaving the UKAce
| `* OT: Travel requirements for leaving the UKPaul Carmichael
|  +* OT: Travel requirements for leaving the UKBen Blaney
|  |`- OT: Travel requirements for leaving the UKPaul Carmichael
|  +- OT: Travel requirements for leaving the UKAce
|  `- OT: Travel requirements for leaving the UKYTC#1
+* OT: Travel requirements for leaving the UKwessie
|`* OT: Travel requirements for leaving the UKPaul Carmichael
| `- OT: Travel requirements for leaving the UKwessie
`* OT: Travel requirements for leaving the UKChrisND @UKRM
 `- OT: Travel requirements for leaving the UKPaul Carmichael

Pages:123
Re: OT: Travel requirements for leaving the UK

<ldjn3i-orh.ln1@bilbo.eternal-september.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4881&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#4881

From: new...@millhouse-communications.co.uk (Boots)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Subject: Re: OT: Travel requirements for leaving the UK
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2021 14:24:21 +0800
 by: Boots - Fri, 15 Oct 2021 06:24 UTC

On 14/10/2021 23:39 Ace penned these words:
> Yeah, she was 87. Had been completely out of it with dementia for the
> last ten years or more, so in reality it's been 15 or so since she
> went away.

Dementia is ghastly, my old Dad was afflicted with vascular dementia. Mother is
still currently going strong, still sharp mentally but physically frail at 90.

--
Ian

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of
the last priest"

Re: OT: Travel requirements for leaving the UK

<rijn3i-orh.ln1@bilbo.eternal-september.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4882&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#4882

From: new...@millhouse-communications.co.uk (Boots)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2021 14:27:07 +0800
 by: Boots - Fri, 15 Oct 2021 06:27 UTC

On 15/10/2021 02:53 Mark Olson penned these words:
> Since I'm not required to have that 2nd app, I haven't installed it.
> But they do look at the Tawakkalna app when you go into a store or
> enter the airport, and if you don't have a smartphone, they won't
> let you in.

Out app is similar and now most are vaccinated cannot enter anywhere without a
smartphone and vaccination. Which made today fun when Liz's needed a new
battery. We had to go the the restaurant where we were going to have brunch
while the phone was done, checkin then back to the phone shop and then hope to
find the same staff member at the restaurant.

--
Ian

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of
the last priest"

Re: OT: Travel requirements for leaving the UK

<XnsADC47BB54951Awtymmmsas@144.76.35.252>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4885&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#4885

From: willnotw...@tesco.net (wessie)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2021 11:09:40 -0000 (UTC)
 by: wessie - Fri, 15 Oct 2021 11:09 UTC

Paul Carmichael <wibbleypants@gmail.com> wrote in

> Our family are coming here (Spain) to stay in 2 weeks. They're getting
> in a right state over govt requirements (Covid).
>
> I know there are a few well travelled people here, so does anyone here
> know how to find out what's what?
>
> The adults are double jabbed, so no problem. The little one is too
> young to need to do anything, but the boy is 11 and needs to get a
> test done within 72 hours before flying (we think). But what kind of
> test? Would a self-test suffice? He's had the one jab that Boris
> decided to give to sprogs, but obviously doesn't have time for a
> second.
>
> The daughter is pulling her hair out over this, so any advice would be
> truly welcome.
>
> Amen.

depending on the date they return, the requirments for coming back might
have changed - lateral flow test rather than PCR after arriving in the UK.
I guess if they have already booked the PCR then they will still be okay
but paid more than needed.

Applies for travel from 24 Oct. LFT can be booked from 22 Oct to get the
number for the passenger locator form.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58917231

Re: OT: Travel requirements for leaving the UK

<pan$6abfc$bed7c266$a160d970$41250e86@gmail.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4887&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#4887

From: wibbleyp...@gmail.com (Paul Carmichael)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: 15 Oct 2021 11:39:59 GMT
 by: Paul Carmichael - Fri, 15 Oct 2021 11:39 UTC

El Fri, 15 Oct 2021 11:09:40 +0000, wessie escribió:

> Paul Carmichael <wibbleypants@gmail.com> wrote in
>
>> Our family are coming here (Spain) to stay in 2 weeks. They're getting
>> in a right state over govt requirements (Covid).
>>
>> I know there are a few well travelled people here, so does anyone here
>> know how to find out what's what?
>>
>> The adults are double jabbed, so no problem. The little one is too
>> young to need to do anything, but the boy is 11 and needs to get a test
>> done within 72 hours before flying (we think). But what kind of test?
>> Would a self-test suffice? He's had the one jab that Boris decided to
>> give to sprogs, but obviously doesn't have time for a second.
>>
>> The daughter is pulling her hair out over this, so any advice would be
>> truly welcome.
>>
>> Amen.
>>

> depending on the date they return, the requirments for coming back might
> have changed - lateral flow test rather than PCR after arriving in the
> UK.
> I guess if they have already booked the PCR then they will still be okay
> but paid more than needed.
>
> Applies for travel from 24 Oct. LFT can be booked from 22 Oct to get the
> number for the passenger locator form.
> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58917231

They are coming on the 22nd.

We have guests in the holiday home now that booked quite a while ago
(from Blighty) and they have a hotel reservation in Málaga city for their
last night and PCR tests booked and paid for. They think they now don't
need the tests, but will obviously have them anyway.

I seem to have been infected with the Spanish tendency to write stupidly
long sentences.

--
Paul.

https://paulc.es/elpatio

Re: OT: Travel requirements for leaving the UK

<XnsADC48C17F34C5wtymmmsas@144.76.35.252>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4890&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#4890

From: willnotw...@tesco.net (wessie)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2021 12:46:19 -0000 (UTC)
 by: wessie - Fri, 15 Oct 2021 12:46 UTC

> El Fri, 15 Oct 2021 11:09:40 +0000, wessie escribió:
>
>> Paul Carmichael <wibbleypants@gmail.com> wrote in
>>
>>> Our family are coming here (Spain) to stay in 2 weeks. They're
>>> getting in a right state over govt requirements (Covid).
>>>
>>> I know there are a few well travelled people here, so does anyone
>>> here know how to find out what's what?
>>>
>>> The adults are double jabbed, so no problem. The little one is too
>>> young to need to do anything, but the boy is 11 and needs to get a
>>> test done within 72 hours before flying (we think). But what kind of
>>> test? Would a self-test suffice? He's had the one jab that Boris
>>> decided to give to sprogs, but obviously doesn't have time for a
>>> second.
>>>
>>> The daughter is pulling her hair out over this, so any advice would
>>> be truly welcome.
>>>
>>> Amen.
>>>

>> depending on the date they return, the requirments for coming back
>> might have changed - lateral flow test rather than PCR after arriving
>> in the UK.
>> I guess if they have already booked the PCR then they will still be
>> okay but paid more than needed.
>>
>> Applies for travel from 24 Oct. LFT can be booked from 22 Oct to get
>> the number for the passenger locator form.
>> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58917231
>

> They are coming on the 22nd.
>
> We have guests in the holiday home now that booked quite a while ago
> (from Blighty) and they have a hotel reservation in Málaga city for
> their last night and PCR tests booked and paid for. They think they
> now don't need the tests, but will obviously have them anyway.

they still need *a* test but PCR is no longer mandatory, a cheaper LFT
is acceptable after 24 Oct but of course, as they have PCRs are booked
they just get those.

> I seem to have been infected with the Spanish tendency to write
> stupidly long sentences.

it's not only a Spanish trait as you can see

Re: OT: Travel requirements for leaving the UK

<istmn6Ft4ddU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4892&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#4892

From: chri...@privacy.net (ChrisND @UKRM)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2021 16:57:26 +0100
 by: ChrisND @UKRM - Fri, 15 Oct 2021 15:57 UTC

On 13/10/2021 15:57, Paul Carmichael wrote:
> Our family are coming here (Spain) to stay in 2 weeks. They're getting in
> a right state over govt requirements (Covid).
>
> I know there are a few well travelled people here, so does anyone here
> know how to find out what's what?
>
> The adults are double jabbed, so no problem. The little one is too young
> to need to do anything, but the boy is 11 and needs to get a test done
> within 72 hours before flying (we think). But what kind of test? Would a
> self-test suffice? He's had the one jab that Boris decided to give to
> sprogs, but obviously doesn't have time for a second.
>
> The daughter is pulling her hair out over this, so any advice would be
> truly welcome.

My son lives in Barcelona.
We have decided that it is too risky to even attempt to obey the rules
with any consistency either way.
Ergo, neither of us are travelling either way :-(
HTH etc

The Deuchars BBB#40 COFF#14
Yamaha XV750SE & Suzuki GS550t
http://www.Deuchars.org.uk

Re: OT: Travel requirements for leaving the UK

<pan$6d893$a763de8f$acbfa303$689aa4fa@gmail.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4893&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#4893

From: wibbleyp...@gmail.com (Paul Carmichael)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: 15 Oct 2021 17:27:16 GMT
 by: Paul Carmichael - Fri, 15 Oct 2021 17:27 UTC

El Fri, 15 Oct 2021 16:57:26 +0100, ChrisND @UKRM escribió:

> On 13/10/2021 15:57, Paul Carmichael wrote:
>> Our family are coming here (Spain) to stay in 2 weeks. They're getting
>> in a right state over govt requirements (Covid).
>>
>> I know there are a few well travelled people here, so does anyone here
>> know how to find out what's what?
>>
>> The adults are double jabbed, so no problem. The little one is too
>> young to need to do anything, but the boy is 11 and needs to get a test
>> done within 72 hours before flying (we think). But what kind of test?
>> Would a self-test suffice? He's had the one jab that Boris decided to
>> give to sprogs, but obviously doesn't have time for a second.
>>
>> The daughter is pulling her hair out over this, so any advice would be
>> truly welcome.
>
> My son lives in Barcelona.
> We have decided that it is too risky to even attempt to obey the rules
> with any consistency either way.
> Ergo, neither of us are travelling either way :-(
> HTH etc C

There is a general feeling that it is a lottery.

--
Paul.

https://paulc.es/elpatio

Re: OT: Travel requirements for leaving the UK

<isukiaF4803U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4896&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#4896

From: mik...@tauzero.co.uk (Mike Fleming)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2021 01:26:48 +0100
 by: Mike Fleming - Sat, 16 Oct 2021 00:26 UTC

On 14/10/2021 14:28, Ace wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Oct 2021 14:21:09 +0100, YTC#1
> <bdporter@ytc1-removespam.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> On 14/10/2021 13:23, Ace wrote:
>>
>> Seems to be the way of things.
>> BiL has just caught it after returning to the office.
>>
>> But it is all about the economy, isn't it?
>
> Eh what?

The government is trying to persuade everyone to go back to the office.
Although working from Marbella rather than the office appears to be OK
if you're a fascist clownalike painter. No, not Hitler, the other one.

> Naah, her company have been very good about letting everybody continue
> to work from home - that one visit was enirely voluntary for a team
> meeting and dinner, first time some of the US and CH colleagues had
> ever met in person. Everyone was vaccinated and/or tested as a
> condition of attending, so it's extremely unlikely that it was within
> the workplace that she caught it.
>
> In any case, it has to be assumed that the vaccine did exactly what
> it's claimed to do - in most cases it should stop any symptoms, in a
> few it may not completely stop it but should significantly reduce the
> severity and the chances of need for medical intervention.

A couple of friends of mine, both double-jabbed, have had it recently.
She wasn't too bad, he finished up in hospital (but not dead).

Re: OT: Travel requirements for leaving the UK

<teblmgd5s6tclgomkic2ss4q531dp158am@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4899&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#4899

From: nea...@champ.org.uk (Champ)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2021 11:48:11 +0100
References: <pan$c02d$4ddcd897$69283ed4$56a6647f@gmail.com> <XnsADC2AEE9AB63Awtymmmsas@144.76.35.252> <pan$56548$e6223c92$357db133$328969be@gmail.com> <sk8u7h$t37$4@dont-email.me> <xn0n44h85bjj4n001@www.rosbif.org> <ho7gmg93m6f8tdk1kv1e1rd91vandjabm8@4ax.com> <g38gmglpocabh50tc0e38e9t4bqvan7cv5@4ax.com> <sk9as5$aso$1@dont-email.me> <hqbgmgd8n7ckdem7be221k1bk1qt1f5hn1@4ax.com> <isukiaF4803U1@mid.individual.net>
 by: Champ - Sat, 16 Oct 2021 10:48 UTC

On Sat, 16 Oct 2021 01:26:48 +0100, Mike Fleming <mike@tauzero.co.uk>
wrote:

>The government is trying to persuade everyone to go back to the office.
>Although working from Marbella rather than the office appears to be OK
>if you're a fascist clownalike painter. No, not Hitler, the other one.

<applause>
--
Champ
neal at champ dot org dot uk