It is illegal to say "Oh, Boy" in Jonesboro, Georgia.

aus+uk / uk.d-i-y / Re: I am after a after a volunteer to do a nice electrical wiring diagram

SubjectAuthor
* I am after a after a volunteer to do a nice electrical wiring diagramARW
+* Re: I am after a after a volunteer to do a nice electrical wiring diagramTheo
|`* Re: I am after a after a volunteer to do a nice electrical wiringARW
| `- Re: I am after a after a volunteer to do a nice electrical wiringnewshound
+* Re: I am after a after a volunteer to do a nice electrical wiringJohn Rumm
|`- Re: I am after a after a volunteer to do a nice electrical wiringRichard
`* Re: I am after a after a volunteer to do a nice electrical wiringwilliamwright
 `* Re: I am after a after a volunteer to do a nice electrical wiringARW
  `- Re: I am after a after a volunteer to do a nice electrical wiringwilliamwright

1
I am after a after a volunteer to do a nice electrical wiring diagram

<t3fa24$aa7$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=48939&group=uk.d-i-y#48939

From: adamwads...@blueyonder.co.uk (ARW)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: I am after a after a volunteer to do a nice electrical wiring diagram
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2022 21:48:05 +0100
 by: ARW - Sat, 16 Apr 2022 20:48 UTC

My paint/adobe skills are shite and I have a very good 4th year
apprentice that needs a wiring diagram for an unusual emergency lighting
system.

In my days it would have been drawn on the back of a cig packet.

So if anyone is prepared to have a go let me know.

--
Adam

Re: I am after a after a volunteer to do a nice electrical wiring diagram

<PJg*D9SLy@news.chiark.greenend.org.uk>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=48940&group=uk.d-i-y#48940

From: theom+n...@chiark.greenend.org.uk (Theo)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: 16 Apr 2022 23:04:37 +0100 (BST)
 by: Theo - Sat, 16 Apr 2022 22:04 UTC

ARW <adamwadsworth@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> My paint/adobe skills are shite and I have a very good 4th year
> apprentice that needs a wiring diagram for an unusual emergency lighting
> system.
>
> In my days it would have been drawn on the back of a cig packet.
>
> So if anyone is prepared to have a go let me know.

Give Qelectrotech a go:
https://qelectrotech.org/download.html

It's a program specifically designed for drawing electrical wiring diagrams,
and has a library of all the usual components. It's pretty much drop things
from the library and click from one terminal to another wire them up. It'll
also do hydraulic/pneumatic diagrams as well.

I'd never used it before and I drew out a central heating wiring diagram in
maybe 10 minutes.

Theo

Re: I am after a after a volunteer to do a nice electrical wiring diagram

<t3ftk6$1cs$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=48942&group=uk.d-i-y#48942

From: see.my.s...@nowhere.null (John Rumm)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: Re: I am after a after a volunteer to do a nice electrical wiring
diagram
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2022 03:21:58 +0100
 by: John Rumm - Sun, 17 Apr 2022 02:21 UTC

On 16/04/2022 21:48, ARW wrote:
> My paint/adobe skills are shite and I have a very good 4th year
> apprentice that needs a wiring diagram for an unusual emergency lighting
> system.
>
> In my days it would have been drawn on the back of a cig packet.
>
> So if anyone is prepared to have a go let me know.

I might be able to knock something up in Visio...

--
Cheers,

John.

Re: I am after a after a volunteer to do a nice electrical wiring diagram

<t3gdps$ccl$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=48943&group=uk.d-i-y#48943

From: smith...@btinternet.com.invalid (Richard)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
diagram
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2022 07:58:04 +0100
 by: Richard - Sun, 17 Apr 2022 06:58 UTC

On 17/04/2022 03:21, John Rumm wrote:
> On 16/04/2022 21:48, ARW wrote:
>> My paint/adobe skills are shite and I have a very good 4th year
>> apprentice that needs a wiring diagram for an unusual emergency
>> lighting system.
>>
>> In my days it would have been drawn on the back of a cig packet.
>>
>> So if anyone is prepared to have a go let me know.
>
> I might be able to knock something up in Visio...

He's capable of knocking things up himself, but specifically is after a
wiring diagram.

;)

Re: I am after a after a volunteer to do a nice electrical wiring diagram

<t3giaj$g1m$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=48952&group=uk.d-i-y#48952

From: adamwads...@blueyonder.co.uk (ARW)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
diagram
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2022 09:15:15 +0100
 by: ARW - Sun, 17 Apr 2022 08:15 UTC

On 16/04/2022 23:04, Theo wrote:
> ARW <adamwadsworth@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>> My paint/adobe skills are shite and I have a very good 4th year
>> apprentice that needs a wiring diagram for an unusual emergency lighting
>> system.
>>
>> In my days it would have been drawn on the back of a cig packet.
>>
>> So if anyone is prepared to have a go let me know.
>
> Give Qelectrotech a go:
> https://qelectrotech.org/download.html
>
> It's a program specifically designed for drawing electrical wiring diagrams,
> and has a library of all the usual components. It's pretty much drop things
> from the library and click from one terminal to another wire them up. It'll
> also do hydraulic/pneumatic diagrams as well.
>
> I'd never used it before and I drew out a central heating wiring diagram in
> maybe 10 minutes.

Thanks. I have some free time to have a go. If I get stuck I'll email
John for help.

Basically the circuit consists of a fluorescent 5ft light fed from an
MCB on that floor in the mains room. There is a switched supply
(switched in the the ops room on that floor) and a permanent 230V via a
test keyswitch in the mains room.

However there is also a 1 foot florescent tube in the same fitting that
acts as the emergency light - this is fed from a 110V supply from the
middle floor mains room on the essentials DB. Now this a a permanent
110V supply. The permanent/keyswitch 230V powers a relay inside the
fitting to hold off the 110V. In the event of a power cut the relay
closes and the 110V then powers the 1 foot florescent.

The lad was struggling with working out what was going off and it not
helped by the fact you cannot take photos or make a phonecall.

Re: I am after a after a volunteer to do a nice electrical wiring diagram

<jc291vF5i7eU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=48973&group=uk.d-i-y#48973

From: wrightsa...@f2s.com (williamwright)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
diagram
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2022 11:38:55 +0100
 by: williamwright - Sun, 17 Apr 2022 10:38 UTC

On 16/04/2022 21:48, ARW wrote:
> My paint/adobe skills are shite and I have a very good 4th year
> apprentice that needs a wiring diagram for an unusual emergency lighting
> system.
>
> In my days it would have been drawn on the back of a cig packet.
>
> So if anyone is prepared to have a go let me know.

Draw it out on the back of a fag packet and I will turn it into a
splendid technical drawing. Since I owe you one.

Gerry Attrick

Re: I am after a after a volunteer to do a nice electrical wiring diagram

<t3gvtp$6lu$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=48996&group=uk.d-i-y#48996

From: adamwads...@blueyonder.co.uk (ARW)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
diagram
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2022 13:07:21 +0100
 by: ARW - Sun, 17 Apr 2022 12:07 UTC

On 17/04/2022 11:38, williamwright wrote:
> On 16/04/2022 21:48, ARW wrote:
>> My paint/adobe skills are shite and I have a very good 4th year
>> apprentice that needs a wiring diagram for an unusual emergency
>> lighting system.
>>
>> In my days it would have been drawn on the back of a cig packet.
>>
>> So if anyone is prepared to have a go let me know.
>>

> Draw it out on the back of a fag packet and I will turn it into a
> splendid technical drawing. Since I owe you one.

Red and black please. Non of that new fancy brown and blue colour scheme.

Re: I am after a after a volunteer to do a nice electrical wiring diagram

<jc2jafF7f44U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=49004&group=uk.d-i-y#49004

From: wrightsa...@f2s.com (williamwright)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
diagram
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2022 14:34:07 +0100
 by: williamwright - Sun, 17 Apr 2022 13:34 UTC

On 17/04/2022 13:07, ARW wrote:
> Red and black please. Non of that new fancy brown and blue colour scheme.
I only use yellow and blue because of Ukraine.

Bill

Re: I am after a after a volunteer to do a nice electrical wiring diagram

<t3h69s$irk$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=49006&group=uk.d-i-y#49006

From: sradclif...@gmail.com (newshound)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
diagram
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2022 14:56:12 +0100
 by: newshound - Sun, 17 Apr 2022 13:56 UTC

On 17/04/2022 09:15, ARW wrote:
> On 16/04/2022 23:04, Theo wrote:
>> ARW <adamwadsworth@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>>> My paint/adobe skills are shite and I have a very good 4th year
>>> apprentice that needs a wiring diagram for an unusual emergency lighting
>>> system.
>>>
>>> In my days it would have been drawn on the back of a cig packet.
>>>
>>> So if anyone is prepared to have a go let me know.
>>
>> Give Qelectrotech a go:
>> https://qelectrotech.org/download.html
>>
>> It's a program specifically designed for drawing electrical wiring
>> diagrams,
>> and has a library of all the usual components.  It's pretty much drop
>> things
>> from the library and click from one terminal to another wire them up.
>> It'll
>> also do hydraulic/pneumatic diagrams as well.
>>
>> I'd never used it before and I drew out a central heating wiring
>> diagram in
>> maybe 10 minutes.
>>
> Thanks. I have some free time to have a go. If I get stuck I'll email
> John for help.
>
> Basically the circuit consists of a fluorescent 5ft light fed from an
> MCB on that floor in the mains room. There is a switched supply
> (switched in the the ops room on that floor) and a permanent 230V via a
> test keyswitch in the mains room.
>
> However there is also a 1 foot florescent tube in the same fitting that
> acts as the emergency light - this is fed from a 110V supply from the
> middle floor mains room on the essentials DB. Now this a a permanent
> 110V supply. The permanent/keyswitch 230V powers a relay inside the
> fitting to hold off the 110V. In the event of a power cut the relay
> closes and the 110V then powers the 1 foot florescent.
>
> The lad was struggling with working out what was going off and it not
> helped by the fact you cannot take photos or make a phonecall.

No inmates experienced with alarm systems that he could ask?

:-)