From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: If you're not on the list you're not getting in
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 16:35:04 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Mon, 16 May 2022 15:35 UTC

https://thehill.com/policy/international/3486756-us-allies-look-to-fast-track-finland-and-sweden-joining-nato

<quote>

The U.S. and its allies are trying to fast-track Finland and Sweden’s NATO membership in what would be a remarkable diplomatic and security defeat for Russia as a result of its invasion of Ukraine.

</quote>

That's another kick in the teeth for Ukraine which has been trying to join NATO for years but has been strung along for years without getting in.

A double kick in the teeth that now is the time for Finland and Sweden to join, and as quickly as possible, but not Ukraine, probably never Ukraine.

At some point Zelensky and his people will realise they are simply sacrificial pawns in NATO's game.

We will have to wait to see if NATO's eagerness to empire build ultimately proves as damaging as it did when the EU fell into making that mistake.