The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of. -- Blaise Pascal

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Rider suffers horrific neck injury as barbed wire strung across path (plus graphic images)

SubjectAuthor
* Rider suffers horrific neck injury as barbed wire strung across pathswldx...@gmail.com
`* Re: Rider suffers horrific neck injury as barbed wire strung across path (plus gMr Pounder Esquire
 +* Re: Rider suffers horrific neck injury as barbed wire strung acrossswldx...@gmail.com
 |`* Re: Rider suffers horrific neck injury as barbed wire strung across path (plus gMr Pounder Esquire
 | `* Re: Rider suffers horrific neck injury as barbed wire strung acrossswldx...@gmail.com
 |  `- Re: Rider suffers horrific neck injury as barbed wire strung acrossJNugent
 `* Re: Rider suffers horrific neck injury as barbed wire strung acrossPeter Keller
  `* Re: Rider suffers horrific neck injury as barbed wire strung across path (plus gMr Pounder Esquire
   `- Re: Rider suffers horrific neck injury as barbed wire strung acrossPeter Keller

1
Rider suffers horrific neck injury as barbed wire strung across path (plus graphic images)

<ec3b86b8-3f49-4bdb-94e6-fcfb54b87955n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4898&group=uk.rec.cycling#4898

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2021 07:26:22 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Rider suffers horrific neck injury as barbed wire strung across path
(plus graphic images)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 20 Dec 2021 15:26 UTC

Cyclists and dirt bike riders in Rhondda Cynon Taf are being warned to look out for barbed wire being strung across trails after horrific pictures of injuries sustained by a man due to such a trap were shared on Instagram.

The pictures show the man with around a dozen lacerations across his throat following the incident in Gelli.

It is unclear whether he was riding a bike at the time, although the Instagram user who posted the pictures warned “dirt bike riders and pedal bike riders” among others to be vigilant.

Instagram user toe_cutter_71, who posted the graphic pictures yesterday, said: “To the person who's been putting barb wire across the bike trails near Gelli in Rhondda valley ,you could of (sic) killed this man , if they catch you, god help you as you can kiss your hands goodbye and you will do jail time ... be careful dirt bike riders and pedal bike riders walkeŕs and runners !! Please share the pics and warn people to be vigilant... ta.”

It’s not the first time that barbed wire has been strung across trails the area to target cyclists, with a cyclist likewise sustaining injuries to his throat five years ago in Ton Pentre, the next door village to Gelli in the Rhondda Valley.

Ben Threlfall, owner of the Afan Valley Bike Shed near Neath, had to unwrap barbed wire from around his throat when he rode into a trap as he was leading a group ride along a forestry trail in November 2016.

“I was riding on Saturday in the Ton Pentre area, down a trail I've ridden many times, and was almost beheaded by barbed wire strung up across the trail between two trees," he said afterwards, quoted in The Mirror (link is external).

“We were on a downhill part of the trail where riders usually pick up a lot of momentum and speed.

“I was probably going at around 30kmh when I struck the barbed wire..

“It wasn't a slow impact, I hit it hard – so hard that the barbed wire snapped.

“Luckily I'm a big bloke – I'm 6ft 3ins – so it cut across my chest and shoulders first, before sliding up to my neck and wrapping around my throat.

“It threw me off my bike and I honestly thought that my head was going to fall off. I thought ‘this is the point where I'm going to die’.

“I was really, really lucky - I've been left with a couple of cuts, bruises and some soreness.

“If that had happened to someone smaller or lighter, the barbed wire wouldn't have snapped and it would have taken their heads off their shoulders.

“No doubt they would have died.

“It also happened in a quiet area of forestry, so if it had been worse, emergency services would have struggled to get there in time.

“I'd love to meet the person who did this and ask them why.

“What was going through their heads when they decided to put something as extreme as barbed wire across a track?

“Another rider told me they had found nails stuck in the ground in the same area,” he added

“Whoever is doing this, obviously wants to stop us from using the track.”

A spokeswoman for Rhondda Cynon Taf Council said at the time: “The council is concerned to hear about this issue and the threat it presents to mountain bikers, dog walkers and horse-riders.

“It thanks the rider for bringing this to the attention of the community.

“All public paths, bridleways and trails in Rhondda Cynon Taf are checked and maintained on a regular basis, as part of the Council’s work to ensure people can enjoy open spaces and public rights of way safely..”

https://road.cc/content/news/horrific-neck-injury-barbed-wire-strung-across-path-288853

Re: Rider suffers horrific neck injury as barbed wire strung across path (plus graphic images)

<spq84v$7i3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4899&group=uk.rec.cycling#4899

From: MrPoun...@RationalThought.com (Mr Pounder Esquire)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Rider suffers horrific neck injury as barbed wire strung across path (plus graphic images)
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2021 15:40:06 -0000
 by: Mr Pounder Esquire - Mon, 20 Dec 2021 15:40 UTC

swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> Cyclists and dirt bike riders in Rhondda Cynon Taf are being warned
> to look out for barbed wire being strung across trails after horrific
> pictures of injuries sustained by a man due to such a trap were
> shared on Instagram.
>
> The pictures show the man with around a dozen lacerations across his
> throat following the incident in Gelli.
>
> > https://road.cc/content/news/horrific-neck-injury-barbed-wire-strung-across-path-288853

How does it feel to be hated so much?

Re: Rider suffers horrific neck injury as barbed wire strung across path (plus graphic images)

<7150199a-2b00-434f-a0b1-1d1729ff80a5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4900&group=uk.rec.cycling#4900

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2021 09:07:44 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Rider suffers horrific neck injury as barbed wire strung across
path (plus graphic images)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 20 Dec 2021 17:07 UTC

On Monday, December 20, 2021 at 3:40:18 PM UTC, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
> swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Cyclists and dirt bike riders in Rhondda Cynon Taf are being warned
> > to look out for barbed wire being strung across trails after horrific
> > pictures of injuries sustained by a man due to such a trap were
> > shared on Instagram.
> >
> > The pictures show the man with around a dozen lacerations across his
> > throat following the incident in Gelli.
> >
> > > https://road.cc/content/news/horrific-neck-injury-barbed-wire-strung-across-path-288853
>
> How does it feel to be hated so much?

Horse riders, joggers and ramblers? Why are they hated?

Re: Rider suffers horrific neck injury as barbed wire strung across path (plus graphic images)

<spqnvp$v6$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4902&group=uk.rec.cycling#4902

From: MrPoun...@RationalThought.com (Mr Pounder Esquire)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2021 20:10:23 -0000
 by: Mr Pounder Esquire - Mon, 20 Dec 2021 20:10 UTC

swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Monday, December 20, 2021 at 3:40:18 PM UTC, Mr Pounder Esquire
> wrote:
>> swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>>> Cyclists and dirt bike riders in Rhondda Cynon Taf are being warned
>>> to look out for barbed wire being strung across trails after
>>> horrific pictures of injuries sustained by a man due to such a trap
>>> were shared on Instagram.
>>>
>>> The pictures show the man with around a dozen lacerations across his
>>> throat following the incident in Gelli.

>> How does it feel to be hated so much?
>
> Horse riders, joggers and ramblers? Why are they hated?

Scum cyclists. Not normal people.

Re: Rider suffers horrific neck injury as barbed wire strung across path (plus graphic images)

<2641878a-016e-40fe-aaf5-98946340b321n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4903&group=uk.rec.cycling#4903

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2021 12:19:05 -0800 (PST)
path (plus graphic images)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 20 Dec 2021 20:19 UTC

On Monday, December 20, 2021 at 8:10:35 PM UTC, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
> swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> > On Monday, December 20, 2021 at 3:40:18 PM UTC, Mr Pounder Esquire
> > wrote:

> >> How does it feel to be hated so much?
> >
> > Horse riders, joggers and ramblers? Why are they hated?
> Scum cyclists. Not normal people.

Is it normal to do this?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FHE8fZLX0A8f8YR?format=jpg&name=medium

Re: Rider suffers horrific neck injury as barbed wire strung across path (plus graphic images)

<j2c706Fdar6U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4904&group=uk.rec.cycling#4904

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
path (plus graphic images)
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2021 20:22:30 +0000
 by: JNugent - Mon, 20 Dec 2021 20:22 UTC

> Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
>> swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

>>> Horse riders, joggers and ramblers? Why are they hated?
>
>> Scum cyclists. Not normal people.
>
> Is it normal to do this?
>
> https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FHE8fZLX0A8f8YR?format=jpg&name=medium

Were there any fairy-cycles (or fairy-cyclists) in that image?

If not (and there weren't), what's the relevance to fairy-cycling?

Re: Rider suffers horrific neck injury as barbed wire strung across path (plus graphic images)

<sps5us$ouj$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4905&group=uk.rec.cycling#4905

From: muzhm...@centrum.sk (Peter Keller)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
path (plus graphic images)
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2021 22:15:08 +1300
 by: Peter Keller - Tue, 21 Dec 2021 09:15 UTC

On 21/12/21 04:40, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
> How does it feel to be hated so much?

By you I love it.

I have no fucking interest in looking good in YOUR eyes.
After all I ride a bicycle, a very convenient delightful economical
viable means of transport.
And we all know what YOU think of bicyclists. You think they are the
fuckwitted pits of humanity.
And because it is YOU who think that, that is an extremely great
compliment.
We must be doing something right.

Re: Rider suffers horrific neck injury as barbed wire strung across path (plus graphic images)

<sptc2f$b99$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4909&group=uk.rec.cycling#4909

From: MrPoun...@RationalThought.com (Mr Pounder Esquire)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2021 20:05:21 -0000
 by: Mr Pounder Esquire - Tue, 21 Dec 2021 20:05 UTC

Peter Keller wrote:
> On 21/12/21 04:40, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
>> How does it feel to be hated so much?
>
> By you I love it.
>
> I have no fucking interest in looking good in YOUR eyes.
> After all I ride a bicycle, a very convenient delightful economical
> viable means of transport.
> And we all know what YOU think of bicyclists. You think they are the
> fuckwitted pits of humanity.
> And because it is YOU who think that, that is an extremely great
> compliment.
> We must be doing something right.

Same old copy and paste shit reply.
You really are a stupid cunt. If you really must have a wank and reply to
me, try to do better.

Re: Rider suffers horrific neck injury as barbed wire strung across path (plus graphic images)

<spuqqd$j3a$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4912&group=uk.rec.cycling#4912

From: muzhm...@centrum.sk (Peter Keller)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
path (plus graphic images)
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2021 22:23:22 +1300
 by: Peter Keller - Wed, 22 Dec 2021 09:23 UTC

On 22/12/21 09:05, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
> You really are a stupid cunt. If you really must have a wank and reply to
> me, try to do better.

Thanks greatly for that EXCELLENT compliment coming from YOU. Especially
as it comes from YOU.
Now please fart to me the further accolades of clouted boggish
foot-licking twit, dankish clack-dish plonker, gormless crook-pated
tosser, churlish boil-brained clotpole ponce, cockered bum-bailey
poofter, gob-kissing gleeking flap-mouthed coxcomb, dread-bolted fobbing
beef-witted clapper-clawed flirt-gill.
You posted, therefore I reply. In my way, not yours. Don't you fucking
tell me how to write.