From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: NATO's wishful thinking
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 22:29:29 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Mon, 16 May 2022 21:29 UTC

NATO : https://news.am/eng/news/701959.html

<quote>

Turkey has made it clear that its intention is not to block membership of Finland and Sweden in NATO, NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg said, answering a question from CNN after a meeting with NATO foreign ministers in Berlin.

</quote>

Then a short time later ...

Turkey : https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-europe-61461805

<quotes>

Turkey says it will veto Finland and Sweden's Nato membership

Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan has said Swedish and Finnish delegations should not bother to come to Turkey.

President Erdogan has stated Turkey will not approve their bids to join Nato.

</quotes>

Turkey had been clear from the start it wouldn't entertain Finland or Sweden joining so I am not sure who NATO are trying to fool this time round.

There will need to be some pretty big concessions given to bring Erdogan around.

And perhaps Croatia too, though we seem to all be pretending they haven't also said they'd veto both bids to join.