Well, the handwriting is on the floor. -- Joe E. Lewis

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Get your tiny violins out...reaction to Government dismissing Mr Loophole petition

SubjectAuthor
* Get your tiny violins out...reaction to Government dismissing Mrswldx...@gmail.com
`* Re: Get your tiny violins out...reaction to Government dismissing Mr Loophole peMr Pounder Esquire
 `- Re: Get your tiny violins out...reaction to Government dismissing MrPeter Keller

1
Get your tiny violins out...reaction to Government dismissing Mr Loophole petition

<41f5dda3-79dc-44dd-a328-0bbd38a33620n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4921&group=uk.rec.cycling#4921

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2021 05:10:27 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Get your tiny violins out...reaction to Government dismissing Mr
Loophole petition
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Wed, 22 Dec 2021 13:10 UTC

Writing about Mr Loophole in the CyclingMikey post earlier reminded me to remind you to check out yesterday's story confirming the Government has "no plans" to make cyclists wear identification numbers. To be honest, we knew this would be the case, but in the face of some loopy petitioning from Mr Loophole Nick Freeman, we thought you'd be quite pleased to read the response...

> Government confirms it has “no plans” to make cyclists wear identification numbers as it rejects ‘Mr Loophole’ petition

The lawyer famous for getting celebrities off driving charges scraped over the 10,000 signatures required to hear an official response, but didn't get the answer he wanted...here's some of your reaction...

Steve K commented: "The response we all knew was coming, because the government has said it before (and recently) - a petition that barely made the threshold was hardly going to change their minds. Freeman could have saved himself a lot of trouble by simply writing to the government and getting the same response. But at least he can't complain that he hasn't had a full, well-reasoned and well-argued response."

EddyBerckx said: "Considering the amount of national publicity and social media hate mobs the petition just scraping over the 10k mark is actually a pretty positive thing. He knew nothing would ever come of it. He just wanted free publicity."

https://road.cc/content/news/cycling-live-blog-22-december-2021-288913#live-blog-item-30457

Re: Get your tiny violins out...reaction to Government dismissing Mr Loophole petition

<spvccp$1fv$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4924&group=uk.rec.cycling#4924

From: MrPoun...@RationalThought.com (Mr Pounder Esquire)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Get your tiny violins out...reaction to Government dismissing Mr Loophole petition
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2021 14:23:05 -0000
 by: Mr Pounder Esquire - Wed, 22 Dec 2021 14:23 UTC

swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> Writing about Mr Loophole in the CyclingMikey post earlier reminded
> me to remind you to check out yesterday's story confirming the
> Government has "no plans" to make cyclists wear identification
> numbers. To be honest, we knew this would be the case, but in the
> face of some loopy petitioning from Mr Loophole Nick Freeman, we
> thought you'd be quite pleased to read the response...
>
>> Government confirms it has "no plans" to make cyclists wear
>> identification numbers as it rejects 'Mr Loophole' petition
>
> The lawyer famous for getting celebrities off driving charges scraped
> over the 10,000 signatures required to hear an official response, but
> didn't get the answer he wanted...here's some of your reaction...
>
> Steve K commented: "The response we all knew was coming, because the
> government has said it before (and recently) - a petition that barely
> made the threshold was hardly going to change their minds. Freeman
> could have saved himself a lot of trouble by simply writing to the
> government and getting the same response. But at least he can't
> complain that he hasn't had a full, well-reasoned and well-argued
> response."
>
> EddyBerckx said: "Considering the amount of national publicity and
> social media hate mobs the petition just scraping over the 10k mark
> is actually a pretty positive thing. He knew nothing would ever come
> of it. He just wanted free publicity."
>
> https://road.cc/content/news/cycling-live-blog-22-december-2021-288913#live-blog-item-30457

I don't think that you have ever had a life or a fuck.
Typical cyclist.

Re: Get your tiny violins out...reaction to Government dismissing Mr Loophole petition

<sq1eum$iim$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4936&group=uk.rec.cycling#4936

From: muzhm...@centrum.sk (Peter Keller)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Loophole petition
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 22:19:17 +1300
 by: Peter Keller - Thu, 23 Dec 2021 09:19 UTC

On 23/12/21 03:23, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
> I don't think that you have ever had a life or a fuck.
> Typical cyclist.

It really is a very great compliment to be called a typical bicyclist
by YOU.
Especially by YOU.
And I have no fucking interest in looking good in YOUR eyes.
After all I ride a bicycle, a very convenient delightful economical
viable means of transport.
And we all know what YOU think of bicyclists. You think they are the
fuckwitted pits of humanity.
And because it is YOU who think that, that is an extremely great
compliment.
We must be doing something right.