From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: The party of law and order
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 20:48:22 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Tue, 17 May 2022 19:48 UTC

https://www.itv.com/news/2022-05-17/conservative-mp-asked-to-stay-away-from-parliament-after-rape-arrest-reports

<quotes>

A Conservative MP remains in custody after being arrested on suspicion of rape and sexual assault offences.

The unnamed man, in his 50s, was also arrested on allegations of abuse of position of trust and misconduct in a public office.

In a statement the Metropolitan Police said the alleged sexual offences all took place in London between 2002 and 2009.

Conservative Party Chief Whip Chris Heaton-Harris confirmed the MP involved has been asked not to attend Parliament while the investigation is ongoing.

</quotes>

I'm wondering if he'll out himself before anyone figures it out. I'm sure every tory MP in their 50's will want to be at PMQ's tomorrow to prove it's not them.

I did enjoy the superb "It's pointless guessing; it could be any one of them".

Those who feel a certain Deja Vu in the specific charges will only be looking in one direction.

Re: The party of law and order

<20220518140248.00000ca4@ntlworld.invalid>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4937&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4937

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Re: The party of law and order
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 14:02:48 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Wed, 18 May 2022 13:02 UTC

On Tue, 17 May 2022 20:48:22 +0100
The Happy Hippy <the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid> wrote:

> I'm wondering if he'll out himself before anyone figures it out. I'm
> sure every tory MP in their 50's will want to be at PMQ's tomorrow to
> prove it's not them.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10828151/Conservative-MP-arrested-suspicion-rape-released-bai.html

<quotes>

A Tory backbencher faced a backlash today over a 'grotesque' tweet about a fellow Conservative MP who has been accused of rape and sexual assault.

Michael Fabricant was accused of trivialising the arrest of the man in his 50s after writing that party politicians including himself would be out in force at Prime Minister's Questions this lunchtime in order to show they were not the suspect.

Mr Fabricant doubled down and lashed out at 'professional offence takers', adding: 'In no way was I making light of rape or any other assault. They disgust me. I was, however, commenting on the speculation as to who the MP might be.'

</quotes>

I am not convinced it's "grotesque" or "trivialising" - I expect a great many people thought exactly the same.

I am not at all happy having to defend tory scum. I blame the fascist mob and their cancel culture for making me have to. I will stand up for freedom of speech, even if they won't, even though they are the ones pretending they do.

Re: The party of law and order

<20220518141006.000065c2@ntlworld.invalid>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4938&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4938

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 14:10:06 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Wed, 18 May 2022 13:10 UTC

On Tue, 17 May 2022 20:48:22 +0100
The Happy Hippy <the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid> wrote:

> Those who feel a certain Deja Vu in the specific charges will only be
> looking in one direction.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2022/05/17/tory-mp-arrested-suspicion-rape-sexual-assault/

<quote>

Tuesday’s arrest, first reported by The Sun, follows the arrest of another Conservative MP for alleged rape in 2020. The MP was never identified and police ultimately took no further action over the claim.

</quote>