From: jon...@home.net (Sysadmin)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: Amazon Prime
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2022 15:47:35 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Sysadmin - Wed, 20 Apr 2022 15:47 UTC

I have just cancelled my Prime subscription and laughed at all the
barriers they put in your way to get you not to complete. If they asked me
why I cancelled I would have told them that the Prime delivery service is
too late in the day for my convenience.

The other spoof is that they had calculated that I have had 115 deliveries
without extra charge, but what they didn't say was that the Prime price is
dearer for the same item from non Prime suppliers.

At least Royal mail and Herpes arrive at a reasonable time of day.

Re: Amazon Prime

<jcasi8FpjfmU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=49514&group=uk.d-i-y#49514

From: jun...@admac.myzen.co.uk (alan_m)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: Re: Amazon Prime
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2022 18:00:55 +0100
 by: alan_m - Wed, 20 Apr 2022 17:00 UTC

On 20/04/2022 16:47, Sysadmin wrote:
> I have just cancelled my Prime subscription and laughed at all the
> barriers they put in your way to get you not to complete. If they asked me
> why I cancelled I would have told them that the Prime delivery service is
> too late in the day for my convenience.
>
> The other spoof is that they had calculated that I have had 115 deliveries
> without extra charge, but what they didn't say was that the Prime price is
> dearer for the same item from non Prime suppliers.
>
> At least Royal mail and Herpes arrive at a reasonable time of day.

Royal mail has just delivered something posted 10 days ago (48 hour
service) - 9 days in transit! For the past 3 months delivery of RM has
been hit and miss in my area. There no longer is a regular postman and
often no daily delivery. A weeks worth of letters and small items will
arrive in a single batch and long after the predicted delivery dates.
On more than one occasion I've had RM tracking emailing me that "your
package from XYZ will be delivered today" and then being delivered two
days later.

Re: Amazon Prime

<jcbh7kFrbviU5@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=49576&group=uk.d-i-y#49576

From: news0...@eager.cx (Bob Eager)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: 20 Apr 2022 22:53:40 GMT
 by: Bob Eager - Wed, 20 Apr 2022 22:53 UTC

On Wed, 20 Apr 2022 18:00:55 +0100, alan_m wrote:

> Royal mail has just delivered something posted 10 days ago (48 hour
> service) - 9 days in transit! For the past 3 months delivery of RM has
> been hit and miss in my area. There no longer is a regular postman and
> often no daily delivery. A weeks worth of letters and small items will
> arrive in a single batch and long after the predicted delivery dates. On
> more than one occasion I've had RM tracking emailing me that "your
> package from XYZ will be delivered today" and then being delivered two
> days later.

I know that a lot of sorting offices and delivery offices have been hit
by COVID. Badly.

Our deliveries have been a bit erratic. Then we had two deliveries
(parcel and letter) on Easter Sunday. They must have a backlog.

Also, on quite a few days we've had a delivery about 1630. Clearly
overtime after completing another round.

Re: Amazon Prime

<XnsAE807CED4FBC137B93@144.76.35.252>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=49639&group=uk.d-i-y#49639

From: pamela.p...@gmail.com (Pamela)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2022 12:16:50 +0100
 by: Pamela - Thu, 21 Apr 2022 11:16 UTC

On 16:47 20 Apr 2022, Sysadmin said:

> I have just cancelled my Prime subscription and laughed at all the
> barriers they put in your way to get you not to complete. If they
> asked me why I cancelled I would have told them that the Prime
> delivery service is too late in the day for my convenience.
>
> The other spoof is that they had calculated that I have had 115
> deliveries without extra charge, but what they didn't say was that
> the Prime price is dearer for the same item from non Prime suppliers.

I hadn't realised the "Prime price is dearer for the same item from non
Prime suppliers". Do you have any examples?

Re: Amazon Prime

<t3rf78$kjs$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=49647&group=uk.d-i-y#49647

From: sradclif...@gmail.com (newshound)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2022 12:29:45 +0100
 by: newshound - Thu, 21 Apr 2022 11:29 UTC

On 21/04/2022 12:16, Pamela wrote:
> On 16:47 20 Apr 2022, Sysadmin said:
>>
>> I have just cancelled my Prime subscription and laughed at all the
>> barriers they put in your way to get you not to complete. If they
>> asked me why I cancelled I would have told them that the Prime
>> delivery service is too late in the day for my convenience.
>>
>> The other spoof is that they had calculated that I have had 115
>> deliveries without extra charge, but what they didn't say was that
>> the Prime price is dearer for the same item from non Prime suppliers.
>
> I hadn't realised the "Prime price is dearer for the same item from non
> Prime suppliers". Do you have any examples?

You do have to check the prices a bit carefully these days, but Amazon
makes it very easy. The Prime price is still often the best, or
sometimes there are only pennies in it. I find eBay suppliers are quite
often cheaper. That said, I'm keeping Prime for the convenience.