From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Biden finally acts
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 16:27:32 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Thu, 19 May 2022 15:27 UTC

https://globalnews.ca/news/8847079/us-baby-formula-shortage-biden-order

<quote>

U.S. President Joe Biden on Wednesday invoked the Defense Production Act to speed production of infant formula and authorized flights to import supply from overseas, as he faces mounting political pressure over a domestic shortage caused by the safety-related closure of the country’s largest formula manufacturing plant.

</quote>

I am not sure why Biden didn't act earlier. It was obvious there would be a crisis as soon as Abbott Nutrition closed three months ago due to contamination and safety issues.

I don't know what he thought would happen when parents couldn't get formula and couldn't make their own without harming their babies - "You can watch you babies die or kill them yourself" isn't a great choice of options.

What it is with the political elite and their reluctance to do what must be done ?

Johnson wouldn't lockdown until it was clear millions would die from covid. Trump's failures to act killed over a million Americans.