From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: At last - Someone with balls and a backbone
Date: Fri, 20 May 2022 22:26:48 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Fri, 20 May 2022 21:26 UTC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/61401519

<quotes>

Players will not receive ranking points at Wimbledon following the decision to ban Russian and Belarusian competitors from the tournament.

Announcing the move, the ATP said: "Unilateral decisions of this nature [by Wimbledon], if unaddressed, set a damaging precedent for the rest of the tour.

"Discrimination by individual tournaments is simply not viable on a tour that operates in more than 30 countries."

"The stance we are taking is about protecting the equal opportunities that WTA players should have to compete as individuals," added the WTA, the women's governing body.

"If we do not take this stance, then we abandon our fundamental principle and allow the WTA to become an example to support discrimination based on nationality at other events and in other regions around the world."

</quotes>

Indeed "banning Russians" for being Russian is no better than "banning blacks" for being black, "banning Jews" for being Jewish.

It's the most fundamental and blatant kind of racism. At best a policy of "collective punishment", inflicting the sins of the father on sons.

Those indulging in that deserve to be punished as much as those they are punishing others themselves.

At least the ATP and WTA found the moral highground, that small island surrounded by an ocean of shit. We used to occupy that island, but we abandoned it. Decided being good, decent, honourable people wasn't the right path to walk. Decided to embrace evil and which come with it.

Re: At last - Someone with balls and a backbone

<20220522163412.0000628f@ntlworld.invalid>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4976&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4976

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Re: At last - Someone with balls and a backbone
Date: Sun, 22 May 2022 16:34:12 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Sun, 22 May 2022 15:34 UTC

On Fri, 20 May 2022 22:26:48 +0100
The Happy Hippy <the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid> wrote:

> https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/61401519
>
> <quotes>
>
> Players will not receive ranking points at Wimbledon following the
> decision to ban Russian and Belarusian competitors from the
> tournament.
>
> Announcing the move, the ATP said: "Unilateral decisions of this
> nature [by Wimbledon], if unaddressed, set a damaging precedent for
> the rest of the tour.
>
> "Discrimination by individual tournaments is simply not viable on a
> tour that operates in more than 30 countries."
>
> "The stance we are taking is about protecting the equal opportunities
> that WTA players should have to compete as individuals," added the
> WTA, the women's governing body.
>
> "If we do not take this stance, then we abandon our fundamental
> principle and allow the WTA to become an example to support
> discrimination based on nationality at other events and in other
> regions around the world."
>
> </quotes>
>
> Indeed "banning Russians" for being Russian is no better than
> "banning blacks" for being black, "banning Jews" for being Jewish.
>
> It's the most fundamental and blatant kind of racism. At best a
> policy of "collective punishment", inflicting the sins of the father
> on sons.
>
> Those indulging in that deserve to be punished as much as those they
> are punishing others themselves.
>
> At least the ATP and WTA found the moral highground, that small
> island surrounded by an ocean of shit. We used to occupy that island,
> but we abandoned it. Decided being good, decent, honourable people
> wasn't the right path to walk. Decided to embrace evil and which come
> with it.

Damn, it seems I am once again in agreement with the distant right, Farage on this, UKIP on Ukraine ...

https://twitter.com/Nigel_Farage

<quotes>

This serves Wimbledon right.

It is an idiotic, discriminatory decision that would be called racist in any other context.

</quote>

You know when you live in a nation which has lost its bearings when Farage can call something racist and be absolutely right.

Maybe he could also criticise all the other unacceptable punishments of Russians simply for being Russian, and the same goes for punishing Belarusians for being Belarusian.

It's the most evil witch hunt I have experienced in my lifetime.