You are so boring that when I see you my feet go to sleep.

aus+uk / aus.aviation / Re: Wrong colour tape.....

SubjectAuthor
* Wrong colour tape.....Phil Allison
+* Re: Wrong colour tape.....Phil Allison
|`- Re: Wrong colour tape.....Sylvia Else
`* Re: Wrong colour tape.....James Morrison
 `* Re: Wrong colour tape.....keithr0
  `* Re: Wrong colour tape.....Phil Allison
   +- Re: Wrong colour tape.....keithr0
   `* Re: Wrong colour tape.....Daryl
    `* Re: Wrong colour tape.....Phil Allison
     +* Re: Wrong colour tape.....keithr0
     |`* Re: Wrong colour tape.....Phil Allison
     | `* Re: Wrong colour tape.....keithr0
     |  `- Re: Wrong colour tape.....Phil Allison
     +- Re: Wrong colour tape.....Petzl
     `- Re: Wrong colour tape.....Daryl

1
Wrong colour tape.....

<31f59e4a-9a13-4db8-ba2d-7c2ddd665e2dn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=456&group=aus.aviation#456

Newsgroups: aus.aviation
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2021 22:48:40 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Wrong colour tape.....
From: palliso...@gmail.com (Phil Allison)
 by: Phil Allison - Mon, 21 Jun 2021 05:48 UTC

Hi,

this vid has the *actual* CVR audio of the Aeroperu B757 that took off at night with NO working instruments.

About 13 minutes worth.
Translation and comments shown on screen.

70 people killed and Boeing paid heavily for their design negligence.

...... Phil

Re: Wrong colour tape.....

<76923b6d-8c42-460c-a600-4835f05144een@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=457&group=aus.aviation#457

Newsgroups: aus.aviation
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2021 23:00:52 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Wrong colour tape.....
From: palliso...@gmail.com (Phil Allison)
 by: Phil Allison - Mon, 21 Jun 2021 06:00 UTC

Phil Allison wrote:
----------------------------

Link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqLZOjnZJGY

Re: Wrong colour tape.....

<sc6ql0$s4b$5@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=498&group=aus.aviation#498

From: nos...@gmail.com (James Morrison)
Newsgroups: aus.aviation
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2021 22:21:21 +1000
 by: James Morrison - Thu, 8 Jul 2021 12:21 UTC

On Sun, 20 Jun 2021 22:48:40 -0700 (PDT)
Phil Allison <pallison49@gmail.com> wrote:

> this vid has the *actual* CVR audio of the Aeroperu B757 that
> took off at night with NO working instruments.

When I was in Peru about ten years ago, they were still flying beat
up B707 planes. Came in there on LAN Chile, thankfully, noticed a few
707s parked at the terminal, and one on the taxiway, belching smoke.
Guy seated next to me claimed that Peru was still using DC8s as well,
but I thought that may have been far fetched.

Re: Wrong colour tape.....

<iko9c6Fuc11U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=499&group=aus.aviation#499

From: use...@account.invalid (keithr0)
Newsgroups: aus.aviation
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2021 22:28:52 +1000
 by: keithr0 - Thu, 8 Jul 2021 12:28 UTC

On 8/07/2021 10:21 pm, James Morrison wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Jun 2021 22:48:40 -0700 (PDT)
> Phil Allison <pallison49@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> this vid has the *actual* CVR audio of the Aeroperu B757 that
>> took off at night with NO working instruments.
>
> When I was in Peru about ten years ago, they were still flying beat
> up B707 planes. Came in there on LAN Chile, thankfully, noticed a few
> 707s parked at the terminal, and one on the taxiway, belching smoke.
> Guy seated next to me claimed that Peru was still using DC8s as well,
> but I thought that may have been far fetched.

The 707 is the only 7x7 that I haven't flown in, and very unlikely to do
so now.

The HARS museum at Albion NSW has been given one by John Trivolta, it's
costing them around 1 million dollars to get it airworthy, and they
reckon another million to fly it back to Australia. It will probably be
a static display item only, not even HARS can afford to fly it regularly.

Re: Wrong colour tape.....

<f5b6226d-dbe6-4323-a438-f3c9f77407c5n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=500&group=aus.aviation#500

Newsgroups: aus.aviation
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2021 07:49:32 -0700 (PDT)
From: palliso...@gmail.com (Phil Allison)
 by: Phil Allison - Thu, 8 Jul 2021 14:49 UTC

keithr0 wrote:
===========

> The 707 is the only 7x7 that I haven't flown in, and very unlikely to do
> so now.
>
> The HARS museum at Albion NSW has been given one by John Trivolta, it's
> costing them around 1 million dollars to get it airworthy, and they
> reckon another million to fly it back to Australia. It will probably be
> a static display item only, not even HARS can afford to fly it regularly.

** Really ??? Wot a shame.

So HARS supposedly cannot afford to fully restore a POS septic jet airliner ?
How fucking sad ..............

Bet there no chance you fucking pricks would ever spend funds to restore an Aussie made DH98 Mosquito.
Who cares a hoot about some decrepit, plywood POS.

Only because they made a massive impact during WW2 in Europe and the pacific.
While some vile, asshole Scientologist cunt is your hero.

....... Phil

Re: Wrong colour tape.....

<ikpeaaF6nh2U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=501&group=aus.aviation#501

From: use...@account.invalid (keithr0)
Newsgroups: aus.aviation
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2021 08:59:18 +1000
 by: keithr0 - Thu, 8 Jul 2021 22:59 UTC

On 9/07/2021 12:49 am, Phil Allison wrote:
> keithr0 wrote:
> ===========
> >
>> The 707 is the only 7x7 that I haven't flown in, and very unlikely to do
>> so now.
>>
>> The HARS museum at Albion NSW has been given one by John Trivolta, it's
>> costing them around 1 million dollars to get it airworthy, and they
>> reckon another million to fly it back to Australia. It will probably be
>> a static display item only, not even HARS can afford to fly it regularly.
>>

> ** Really ??? Wot a shame.
>
> So HARS supposedly cannot afford to fully restore a POS septic jet airliner ?
> How fucking sad ..............

Get back on the pills phil

> Bet there no chance you fucking pricks would ever spend funds to restore an Aussie made DH98 Mosquito.
> Who cares a hoot about some decrepit, plywood POS.

Put your money where your mouth is, join The Mosquito Aircraft
Association of Australia Incorporated and donate to the one that they
are restoring.

https://www.aussiemossie.asn.au/index_files/Page289.htm

> Only because they made a massive impact during WW2 in Europe and the pacific.

I doubt that any aussie made ones ever flew in Europe, Australians flew
mosquitoes there but they would have been British built.

> While some vile, asshole Scientologist cunt is your hero.

I know that I should not be surprised by anything that you say phil but
sometimes you do excel yourself in stupidity.

Re: Wrong colour tape.....

<ikpggrF74d1U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=502&group=aus.aviation#502

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.aviation
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2021 09:36:57 +1000
 by: Daryl - Thu, 8 Jul 2021 23:36 UTC

On 9/7/21 12:49 am, Phil Allison wrote:
> keithr0 wrote:
> ===========
> >
>> The 707 is the only 7x7 that I haven't flown in, and very unlikely to do
>> so now.
>>
>> The HARS museum at Albion NSW has been given one by John Trivolta, it's
>> costing them around 1 million dollars to get it airworthy, and they
>> reckon another million to fly it back to Australia. It will probably be
>> a static display item only, not even HARS can afford to fly it regularly.
>>

> ** Really ??? Wot a shame.
>
> So HARS supposedly cannot afford to fully restore a POS septic jet airliner ?
> How fucking sad ..............
>
> Bet there no chance you fucking pricks would ever spend funds to restore an Aussie made DH98 Mosquito.
> Who cares a hoot about some decrepit, plywood POS.
>
> Only because they made a massive impact during WW2 in Europe and the pacific.
>
> While some vile, asshole Scientologist cunt is your hero.

Get real, the reason they want the 707 is because its ex QANTAS special
order and built shorter to operate from shorter runways.

https://hars.org.au/last-hotrods-vh-ebm/

The fact that it was/is owned by Travolta is mostly irrelevant, if
anything its a bonus because its already painted in QANTAS livery.

--
Daryl

Re: Wrong colour tape.....

<ikpnhuF8bjtU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=503&group=aus.aviation#503

From: syl...@email.invalid (Sylvia Else)
Newsgroups: aus.aviation
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2021 11:37:01 +1000
 by: Sylvia Else - Fri, 9 Jul 2021 01:37 UTC

On 21-Jun-21 4:00 pm, Phil Allison wrote:
> Phil Allison wrote:
> ----------------------------
>
> Link:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqLZOjnZJGY

Would have helped if they'd applied the standard OPs procedure for
unreliable instruments (specific thrust setting, nose up to a particular
angle).

It did not help at all that ATC didn't realise that the altitude shown
on their radar comes from the aircraft, and is no more reliable than the
pilots' own instrument display.

The radar altimeter would still have given the correct numbers when they
got low enough for it to read.

It's always easy to second-guess a crew from the comfort, safety, and
mental security, of one's computer armchair, but I think the crew could
have done better.

Sylvia.

Re: Wrong colour tape.....

<d1877ef9-2450-410c-85d9-fc4110ce8125n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=504&group=aus.aviation#504

Newsgroups: aus.aviation
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2021 06:16:16 -0700 (PDT)
From: palliso...@gmail.com (Phil Allison)
 by: Phil Allison - Fri, 9 Jul 2021 13:16 UTC

Daryl wrote:
==============

> >> The HARS museum at Albion NSW has been given one by John Trivolta, it's
> >> costing them around 1 million dollars to get it airworthy, and they
> >> reckon another million to fly it back to Australia. It will probably be
> >> a static display item only, not even HARS can afford to fly it regularly.
> >>

> > ** Really ??? Wot a shame.
> >
> > So HARS supposedly cannot afford to fully restore a POS septic jet airliner ?
> > How fucking sad ..............
> >
> > Bet there no chance you fucking pricks would ever spend funds to restore an Aussie made DH98 Mosquito.
> > Who cares a hoot about some decrepit, plywood POS.
> >
> > Only because they made a massive impact during WW2 in Europe and the pacific.
> >
> > While some vile, asshole Scientologist cunt is your hero.
>
> Get real,

** Get fucked - you imbecile.

> the reason they want the 707 is

** Irrelevant to my complaint.
> The fact that it was/is owned by Travolta is mostly irrelevant,

** But his gift is why they are spending over $2M on a boring old jet.

There are no Mosquitoes in Australia, one of the few great WW2 planes we *actually* made here in quantity.
At the DeHavilland plant at Bankstown airport.

Restoring one to flying condition would cost a fraction of the above figure.
There are only 3 in the world, two in the USA and one in Canada where they also made them in quantity.

What does the "H" in HARS stand for ?

Hype?

...... Phil

Re: Wrong colour tape.....

<iks68pFn0qgU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=505&group=aus.aviation#505

From: use...@account.invalid (keithr0)
Newsgroups: aus.aviation
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2021 10:00:25 +1000
 by: keithr0 - Sat, 10 Jul 2021 00:00 UTC

On 9/07/2021 11:16 pm, Phil Allison wrote:
> Daryl wrote:
> ==============

>>> ** Really ??? Wot a shame.
>>>
>>> So HARS supposedly cannot afford to fully restore a POS septic jet airliner ?
>>> How fucking sad ..............
>>>
>>> Bet there no chance you fucking pricks would ever spend funds to restore an Aussie made DH98 Mosquito.
>>> Who cares a hoot about some decrepit, plywood POS.
>>>
>>> Only because they made a massive impact during WW2 in Europe and the pacific.
>>>
>>> While some vile, asshole Scientologist cunt is your hero.
>>
>> Get real,
>
> ** Get fucked - you imbecile.
>
>> the reason they want the 707 is
>
> ** Irrelevant to my complaint.
>
>> The fact that it was/is owned by Travolta is mostly irrelevant,
>
> ** But his gift is why they are spending over $2M on a boring old jet.
>
> There are no Mosquitoes in Australia, one of the few great WW2 planes we *actually* made here in quantity.
> At the DeHavilland plant at Bankstown airport.
>
> Restoring one to flying condition would cost a fraction of the above figure.

You haven't a clue phil, you can't "Restore" a Mosquito, all the flying
ones are new builds with as many old parts as possible included. The
cost is enormous - $10M per example. The entire airframes of the flying
examples have been new built from scratch so they are more replicas than
restorations.

https://worldwarwings.com/5-years-and-10-million-later-watch-this-mosquito-take-its-first-flight/

> There are only 3 in the world, two in the USA and one in Canada where they also made them in quantity.
>
> What does the "H" in HARS stand for ?
>
> Hype?

Even more stupid than your usual drivel.

Re: Wrong colour tape.....

<4hshegp74s2utkkp5mhn9no7s7h1qtj96b@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=506&group=aus.aviation#506

From: pet...@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.aviation
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2021 11:06:35 +1000
 by: Petzl - Sat, 10 Jul 2021 01:06 UTC

On Fri, 9 Jul 2021 06:16:16 -0700 (PDT), Phil Allison
<pallison49@gmail.com> wrote:

>What does the "H" in HARS stand for ?
>
>Hype?

"Historical Aircraft Restoration Society"
https://hars.org.au
HARS Aviation Museum
--
Petzl
Good lawyers know the law

Re: Wrong colour tape.....

<bbf5c473-4213-45b9-94da-f4cf73b99c4cn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=507&group=aus.aviation#507

Newsgroups: aus.aviation
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2021 18:07:53 -0700 (PDT)
From: palliso...@gmail.com (Phil Allison)
 by: Phil Allison - Sat, 10 Jul 2021 01:07 UTC

keithratbag wrote:
================

> > Restoring one to flying condition would cost a fraction of the above figure.
>
> You haven't a clue phil, you can't "Restore" a Mosquito, all the flying
> ones are new builds with as many old parts as possible included. The
> cost is enormous - $10M per example. The entire airframes of the flying
> examples have been new built from scratch so they are more replicas than
> restorations.

** I saw a complete, part restored Mossie at Richmond Air base in the late 80s.
All the woodwork looked perfect.

Could have been brought up to a taxiable and static display condition quite easily.

The *alleged* cost of a new build done by a commercial operation is not slightly relevant.

....... Phil

Re: Wrong colour tape.....

<iksde9Fo8csU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=508&group=aus.aviation#508

From: use...@account.invalid (keithr0)
Newsgroups: aus.aviation
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2021 12:02:49 +1000
 by: keithr0 - Sat, 10 Jul 2021 02:02 UTC

On 10/07/2021 11:07 am, Phil Allison wrote:
> keithratbag wrote:
> ================
>>
>>> Restoring one to flying condition would cost a fraction of the above figure.
>>
>> You haven't a clue phil, you can't "Restore" a Mosquito, all the flying
>> ones are new builds with as many old parts as possible included. The
>> cost is enormous - $10M per example. The entire airframes of the flying
>> examples have been new built from scratch so they are more replicas than
>> restorations.
>>

> ** I saw a complete, part restored Mossie at Richmond Air base in the late 80s.
> All the woodwork looked perfect.

It might have looked OK but that is no guarantee of airworthiness. There
is no way that CASA is going to allow an old wooden aircraft to fly with

> Could have been brought up to a taxiable and static display condition quite easily.

You really have no idea phil, we have aircraft in our museum, that look
OK, but are probably getting into a dangerous condition, and they are
made of metal not wood

> The *alleged* cost of a new build done by a commercial operation is not slightly relevant.

It's not an alleged cost, if you want a flyable Mosquito, that is what
you'll have to pay

Re: Wrong colour tape.....

<7bd05f55-efad-469c-a723-db72f7a516dan@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=509&group=aus.aviation#509

Newsgroups: aus.aviation
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2021 19:47:58 -0700 (PDT)
References: <31f59e4a-9a13-4db8-ba2d-7c2ddd665e2dn@googlegroups.com> <sc6ql0$s4b$5@dont-email.me> <iko9c6Fuc11U1@mid.individual.net> <f5b6226d-dbe6-4323-a438-f3c9f77407c5n@googlegroups.com> <ikpggrF74d1U1@mid.individual.net> <d1877ef9-2450-410c-85d9-fc4110ce8125n@googlegroups.com> <iks68pFn0qgU1@mid.individual.net> <bbf5c473-4213-45b9-94da-f4cf73b99c4cn@googlegroups.com> <iksde9Fo8csU1@mid.individual.net>
From: palliso...@gmail.com (Phil Allison)
 by: Phil Allison - Sat, 10 Jul 2021 02:47 UTC

keithratbag is so full of shit wrote:

===========================

> > ** I saw a complete, part restored Mossie at Richmond Air base in the late 80s.
> > All the woodwork looked perfect.
>
> It might have looked OK but that is no guarantee of airworthiness.

** Read the *whole post* before replying to each line - fuckhead.

> > Could have been brought up to a taxiable and static display condition quite easily.

> You really have no idea phil,

** And you have no reply to what I posted.

> we have aircraft in our museum, that look
> OK, but are probably getting into a dangerous condition,

** Could easily do what I posted above.

> The *alleged* cost of a new build done by a commercial operation is not slightly relevant.
> It's not an alleged cost,

** Fraid it really is an unexplained number.

> if you want a flyable Mosquito, that is what you'll have to pay

** Nonsense.

....... Phil

Re: Wrong colour tape.....

<iksl4kFpjerU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=510&group=aus.aviation#510

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.aviation
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2021 14:14:10 +1000
 by: Daryl - Sat, 10 Jul 2021 04:14 UTC

On 9/7/21 11:16 pm, Phil Allison wrote:
> Daryl wrote:
> ==============

>>> ** Really ??? Wot a shame.
>>>
>>> So HARS supposedly cannot afford to fully restore a POS septic jet airliner ?
>>> How fucking sad ..............
>>>
>>> Bet there no chance you fucking pricks would ever spend funds to restore an Aussie made DH98 Mosquito.
>>> Who cares a hoot about some decrepit, plywood POS.
>>>
>>> Only because they made a massive impact during WW2 in Europe and the pacific.
>>>
>>> While some vile, asshole Scientologist cunt is your hero.
>>
>> Get real,
>
> ** Get fucked - you imbecile.

LOL, you are so funny.
You should get a gig at the Comedy Festival.

>> the reason they want the 707 is
>
> ** Irrelevant to my complaint.
>
>> The fact that it was/is owned by Travolta is mostly irrelevant,
>
> ** But his gift is why they are spending over $2M on a boring old jet.

$2M isn't all that much to spend on any aircraft especially one that
will attract a lot of public interest, for reasons best known to
yourself you dislike Travolta but lots of people would pay good money to
see the 707 he's donated.

> There are no Mosquitoes in Australia, one of the few great WW2 planes we *actually* made here in quantity.
> At the DeHavilland plant at Bankstown airport.
>
> Restoring one to flying condition would cost a fraction of the above figure.

Being wood possibly spruce which is very difficult and expensive in
aircraft grade is most likely why they haven't tried to restore/rebuild one.
Also finding people with aircraft standard wood working skills wouldn't
be easy, its a lost skill.

> There are only 3 in the world, two in the USA and one in Canada where they also made them in quantity.

They also have a lot more very wealthy people in the US willing to spend
the big bucks on restoring old aircraft, very difficult to get funding
for such a project in Australia.

--
Daryl