From: notha...@aolbin.com
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: Trend router cutter part number decode?
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 21:05:09 +0100
 by: notha...@aolbin.com - Thu, 28 Apr 2022 20:05 UTC

I've just wasted too many of whatever minutes remain to me trying to buy
a C121GX1/4TC cutter for next day delivery at a reasonable cost, but
being offered C121HX1/4TC and C121BX1/4TC. Is there a standard coding
system that I failed to find?
(If anyone from Trend is reading this can I suggest that a link to a
part number decode would be a useful addition to your website).

Re: Trend router cutter part number decode?

<t4f6ha$jko$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=50580&group=uk.d-i-y#50580

From: see.my.s...@nowhere.null (John Rumm)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: Re: Trend router cutter part number decode?
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2022 00:04:10 +0100
 by: John Rumm - Thu, 28 Apr 2022 23:04 UTC

On 28/04/2022 21:05, nothanks@aolbin.com wrote:
> I've just wasted too many of whatever minutes remain to me trying to buy
> a C121GX1/4TC cutter for next day delivery at a reasonable cost, but
> being offered C121HX1/4TC and C121BX1/4TC. Is there a standard coding
> system that I failed to find?
> (If anyone from Trend is reading this can I suggest that a link to a
> part number decode would be a useful addition to your website).

The GX and HX seem to differ by only the depth of cut. The BX is a
different diameter.

I suspect the main issue is that the GX is out of stock in most places
(probably a reflection that many vendors do not actually hold stock and
just drop ship product from one central supplier)

--
Cheers,

John.

Re: Trend router cutter part number decode?

<jd1u7oF8ggqU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=50640&group=uk.d-i-y#50640

From: notha...@aolbin.com
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2022 11:50:31 +0100
 by: notha...@aolbin.com - Fri, 29 Apr 2022 10:50 UTC

On 29/04/2022 00:04, John Rumm wrote:
> On 28/04/2022 21:05, nothanks@aolbin.com wrote:
>> I've just wasted too many of whatever minutes remain to me trying to
>> buy a C121GX1/4TC cutter for next day delivery at a reasonable cost,
>> but being offered C121HX1/4TC and C121BX1/4TC. Is there a standard
>> coding system that I failed to find?
>> (If anyone from Trend is reading this can I suggest that a link to a
>> part number decode would be a useful addition to your website).
>
> The GX and HX seem to differ by only the depth of cut. The BX is a
> different diameter.
>
> I suspect the main issue is that the GX is out of stock in most places
> (probably a reflection that many vendors do not actually hold stock and
> just drop ship product from one central supplier)

Yes, I eventually sussed that but an explanation of their p/n coding
would have saved some time (I've got Covid again so maybe I was being
even more slow and grumpy than usual ;-) ).
I'd have preferred the smaller size (this is mostly needed for cutting
hinge rebates) but it's not critical so went for the "BX" because it was
available at a good price and should arrive today.

Re: Trend router cutter part number decode?

<4rOFKAhXCBbiFw$V@marfordfarm.demon.co.uk>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=50697&group=uk.d-i-y#50697

From: tim...@marfordfarm.demon.co.uk (Tim Lamb)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2022 17:21:43 +0100
 by: Tim Lamb - Fri, 29 Apr 2022 16:21 UTC

In message <jd1u7oF8ggqU1@mid.individual.net>, nothanks@aolbin.com
writes
>On 29/04/2022 00:04, John Rumm wrote:
>> On 28/04/2022 21:05, nothanks@aolbin.com wrote:
>>> I've just wasted too many of whatever minutes remain to me trying to
>>>buy a C121GX1/4TC cutter for next day delivery at a reasonable cost,
>>>but being offered C121HX1/4TC and C121BX1/4TC. Is there a standard
>>>coding system that I failed to find?
>>> (If anyone from Trend is reading this can I suggest that a link to a
>>>part number decode would be a useful addition to your website).
>> The GX and HX seem to differ by only the depth of cut. The BX is a
>>different diameter.
>> I suspect the main issue is that the GX is out of stock in most
>>places (probably a reflection that many vendors do not actually hold
>>stock and just drop ship product from one central supplier)
>>
>Yes, I eventually sussed that but an explanation of their p/n coding
>would have saved some time (I've got Covid again so maybe I was being
>even more slow and grumpy than usual ;-) ).
>I'd have preferred the smaller size (this is mostly needed for cutting
>hinge rebates) but it's not critical so went for the "BX" because it
>was available at a good price and should arrive today.

Huh!
I'm still waiting for a delivery promised for 13th. April by EVRi
Hermes!

--
Tim Lamb