Faith is under the left nipple. -- Martin Luther

aus+uk / aus.legal / How to enforce the NSW $1000 FINE for COVID?

SubjectAuthor
* How to enforce the NSW $1000 FINE for COVID?Noodle
+* Re: How to enforce the NSW $1000 FINE for COVID?Sylvia Else
|+- Re: How to enforce the NSW $1000 FINE for COVID?Rod Speed
|`* Re: How to enforce the NSW $1000 FINE for COVID?Max
| +* Re: How to enforce the NSW $1000 FINE for COVID?Noodle
| |`- Re: How to enforce the NSW $1000 FINE for COVID?Sylvia Else
| +- Re: How to enforce the NSW $1000 FINE for COVID?Sylvia Else
| `- Re: How to enforce the NSW $1000 FINE for COVID?Rod Speed
`- Re: How to enforce the NSW $1000 FINE for COVID?Rod Speed

1
How to enforce the NSW $1000 FINE for COVID?

<080f3f1f-a51d-4420-bbd0-94373582a330n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5088&group=aus.legal#5088

Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2022 17:11:50 -0800 (PST)
Subject: How to enforce the NSW $1000 FINE for COVID?
From: oznoo...@gmail.com (Noodle)
 by: Noodle - Thu, 13 Jan 2022 01:11 UTC

There is now a $1,000 Fine if you don't report your COVID Positive test to:

137788 (Press Option# 1 then Option# 4) - 24 hours a day

or

http://apply.service.nsw.gov.au/register-positive-rapid-antigen-test-result/

But how do you Enforce this? What are some examples?

Smart people like me will refuse to disclose and report, because we don't want to get in trouble when going shopping for urgent needs.

Others will report Positives that are False positives, due to bad quality RAT's.

NSW Health doesn't care anyway - they are not going to followup (phone calls) with 34,000 Positive people as it was yesterday.

So why have Fines at all? Why have Registration at all?

Just let it rip, like it is already.

Re: How to enforce the NSW $1000 FINE for COVID?

<j49ebqF4enmU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5091&group=aus.legal#5091

From: syl...@email.invalid (Sylvia Else)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Subject: Re: How to enforce the NSW $1000 FINE for COVID?
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 12:42:16 +1100
 by: Sylvia Else - Thu, 13 Jan 2022 01:42 UTC

On 13-Jan-22 12:11 pm, Noodle wrote:
> There is now a $1,000 Fine if you don't report your COVID Positive test to:
>
> 137788 (Press Option# 1 then Option# 4) - 24 hours a day
>
> or
>
> http://apply.service.nsw.gov.au/register-positive-rapid-antigen-test-result/
>
> But how do you Enforce this? What are some examples?
>
> Smart people like me will refuse to disclose and report, because we don't want to get in trouble when going shopping for urgent needs.
>
> Others will report Positives that are False positives, due to bad quality RAT's.
>
> NSW Health doesn't care anyway - they are not going to followup (phone calls) with 34,000 Positive people as it was yesterday.
>
> So why have Fines at all? Why have Registration at all?
>
> Just let it rip, like it is already.

It would be impossible to prosecute someone unless they're stupid enough
to admit that they took a test that was positive.

The wording of the order is a bit strange:

<https://gazette.legislation.nsw.gov.au/so/download.w3p?id=Gazette_2022_2022-4.pdf>

Clause 7(2A)(b)

"(b) is made for the purposes of —
(i) providing information about care, treatment and access to health
and hospital services to persons who have tested positive to
COVID-19, and
(ii) providing information to NSW Health to support the public
health response to the COVID-19 pandemic, including analysis
of information and planning for, and the provision of, health and
hospital services to the people of New South Wales."

I think they're struggling to find a rationale for the order that would
stand up to challenge. The order is made under section 7 of the Public
Health Act.

<http://www.austlii.edu.au/cgi-bin/viewdoc/au/legis/nsw/consol_act/pha2010126/s7.html>

"as the Minister considers necessary to deal with the risk and its
possible consequences"

Even allowing for the low bar on the meaning of "necessary" that NCAT
likes to use, I think they'd be stretching a point on this one. However,
it seems unlikely that anyone would challenge it, given how easy it is
just to avoid it.

Sylvia.

Re: How to enforce the NSW $1000 FINE for COVID?

<j49fvqF4n1cU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5093&group=aus.legal#5093

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 13:09:58 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Thu, 13 Jan 2022 02:09 UTC

Noodle <oznoodle@gmail.com> wrote

> There is now a $1,000 Fine if you don't report your COVID Positive test
> to:

> 137788 (Press Option# 1 then Option# 4) - 24 hours a day

> or

> http://apply.service.nsw.gov.au/register-positive-rapid-antigen-test-result/

> But how do you Enforce this?

Obviously not even possible to enforce.

> What are some examples?

> Smart people like me will refuse to disclose and report, because we
> don't want to get in trouble when going shopping for urgent needs.

Nothing smart about that sort of terminal stupidity.

> Others will report Positives that are False
> positives, due to bad quality RAT's.

In fact they mostly produce false negatives.

> NSW Health doesn't care anyway

More mindless bullshit.

> - they are not going to followup (phone calls)
> with 34,000 Positive people as it was yesterday.

But can automatically notify others who have been where
you have been when you were likely infectious, fuckwit.

> So why have Fines at all?

So those who have a clue do what they are sposed to do.

> Why have Registration at all?

So they can automatically notify others who have been where
you have been when you were likely infectious, fuckwit.

> Just let it rip, like it is already.

More of your mindless pig ignorant silly shit, your trademark.

Re: How to enforce the NSW $1000 FINE for COVID?

<j49gbuF4p3jU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5094&group=aus.legal#5094

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 13:16:26 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Thu, 13 Jan 2022 02:16 UTC

Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid> wrote
> Noodle wrote

>> There is now a $1,000 Fine if you don't report your COVID Positive test
>> to:

>> 137788 (Press Option# 1 then Option# 4) - 24 hours a day

>> or

>> http://apply.service.nsw.gov.au/register-positive-rapid-antigen-test-result/

>> But how do you Enforce this? What are some examples?

>> Smart people like me will refuse to disclose and report, because we don't
>> want to get in trouble when going shopping for urgent needs.

>> Others will report Positives that are False positives, due to bad quality
>> RAT's.

>> NSW Health doesn't care anyway - they are not going to followup (phone
>> calls) with 34,000 Positive people as it was yesterday.

>> So why have Fines at all? Why have Registration at all?

>> Just let it rip, like it is already.

> It would be impossible to prosecute someone unless they're stupid enough
> to admit that they took a test that was positive.

BULLSHIT with a witness who dobs you in.

> The wording of the order is a bit strange:

More of your mindless bullshit.

> <https://gazette.legislation.nsw.gov.au/so/download.w3p?id=Gazette_2022_2022-4.pdf>

> Clause 7(2A)(b)

> "(b) is made for the purposes of —
> (i) providing information about care, treatment and access to health
> and hospital services to persons who have tested positive to
> COVID-19, and
> (ii) providing information to NSW Health to support the public
> health response to the COVID-19 pandemic, including analysis
> of information and planning for, and the provision of, health and
> hospital services to the people of New South Wales."

> I think

Obvious lie.

> they're struggling to find a rationale for the order that would stand up
> to challenge.

More fool you, as always.

> The order is made under section 7 of the Public Health Act.

> <http://www.austlii.edu.au/cgi-bin/viewdoc/au/legis/nsw/consol_act/pha2010126/s7.html>

> "as the Minister considers necessary to deal with the risk and its
> possible consequences"

> Even allowing for the low bar on the meaning of "necessary" that NCAT
> likes to use, I think they'd be stretching a point on this one.

Christ you are a terminal fuckwit.

> However, it seems unlikely that anyone would challenge it, given how easy
> it is just to avoid it.

And because no one else is as stupid as you.

Re: How to enforce the NSW $1000 FINE for COVID?

<sro2be$19le$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5096&group=aus.legal#5096

From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 13:21:34 +1100
 by: Max - Thu, 13 Jan 2022 02:21 UTC

On 13/01/2022 12:42 pm, Sylvia Else wrote:
> On 13-Jan-22 12:11 pm, Noodle wrote:
>> There is now a $1,000 Fine if you don't report your COVID Positive
>> test to:
>>
>> 137788 (Press Option# 1 then Option# 4) - 24 hours a day
>>
>> or
>>
>> http://apply.service.nsw.gov.au/register-positive-rapid-antigen-test-result/
>>

>> But how do you Enforce this?  What are some examples?
>>
>> Smart people like me will refuse to disclose and report, because we
>> don't want to get in trouble when going shopping for urgent needs.
>>
>> Others will report Positives that are False positives, due to bad
>> quality RAT's.
>>
>> NSW Health doesn't care anyway - they are not going to followup (phone
>> calls) with 34,000 Positive people as it was yesterday.
>>
>> So why have Fines at all?  Why have Registration at all?
>>
>> Just let it rip, like it is already.
>
> It would be impossible to prosecute someone unless they're stupid enough
> to admit that they took a test that was positive.
>
> The wording of the order is a bit strange:
>
> <https://gazette.legislation.nsw.gov.au/so/download.w3p?id=Gazette_2022_2022-4.pdf>
>

> Clause 7(2A)(b)
>
> "(b) is made for the purposes of —
> (i) providing information about care, treatment and access to health
> and hospital services to persons who have tested positive to
> COVID-19, and
> (ii) providing information to NSW Health to support the public
> health response to the COVID-19 pandemic, including analysis
> of information and planning for, and the provision of, health and
> hospital services to the people of New South Wales."
>
> I think they're struggling to find a rationale for the order that would
> stand up to challenge. The order is made under section 7 of the Public
> Health Act.
>
> <http://www.austlii.edu.au/cgi-bin/viewdoc/au/legis/nsw/consol_act/pha2010126/s7.html>
>

> "as the Minister considers necessary to deal with the risk and its
> possible consequences"
>
> Even allowing for the low bar on the meaning of "necessary" that NCAT
> likes to use

What has NCAT got to do with it? Wouldn't the Local Court be dealing
with breaches of this order?

, I think they'd be stretching a point on this one. However,
> it seems unlikely that anyone would challenge it, given how easy it is
> just to avoid it.
>
> Sylvia.

Re: How to enforce the NSW $1000 FINE for COVID?

<8a6f0245-b055-4fbc-8836-913edc1e3254n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5098&group=aus.legal#5098

Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2022 19:02:22 -0800 (PST)
From: oznoo...@gmail.com (Noodle)
 by: Noodle - Thu, 13 Jan 2022 03:02 UTC

>> Even allowing for the low bar on the meaning of "necessary" that NCAT
>> likes to use
> What has NCAT got to do with it? Wouldn't the Local Court be dealing
> with breaches of this order?

Correct.

I think Sylvia meant "NSW Local Court's", not "NCAT".

Re: How to enforce the NSW $1000 FINE for COVID?

<j49j2jF57gcU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5099&group=aus.legal#5099

From: syl...@email.invalid (Sylvia Else)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 14:02:43 +1100
 by: Sylvia Else - Thu, 13 Jan 2022 03:02 UTC

On 13-Jan-22 1:21 pm, Max wrote:
> On 13/01/2022 12:42 pm, Sylvia Else wrote:
>> On 13-Jan-22 12:11 pm, Noodle wrote:
>>> There is now a $1,000 Fine if you don't report your COVID Positive
>>> test to:
>>>
>>> 137788 (Press Option# 1 then Option# 4) - 24 hours a day
>>>
>>> or
>>>
>>> http://apply.service.nsw.gov.au/register-positive-rapid-antigen-test-result/
>>>

>>> But how do you Enforce this?  What are some examples?
>>>
>>> Smart people like me will refuse to disclose and report, because we
>>> don't want to get in trouble when going shopping for urgent needs.
>>>
>>> Others will report Positives that are False positives, due to bad
>>> quality RAT's.
>>>
>>> NSW Health doesn't care anyway - they are not going to followup
>>> (phone calls) with 34,000 Positive people as it was yesterday.
>>>
>>> So why have Fines at all?  Why have Registration at all?
>>>
>>> Just let it rip, like it is already.
>>
>> It would be impossible to prosecute someone unless they're stupid
>> enough to admit that they took a test that was positive.
>>
>> The wording of the order is a bit strange:
>>
>> <https://gazette.legislation.nsw.gov.au/so/download.w3p?id=Gazette_2022_2022-4.pdf>
>>

>> Clause 7(2A)(b)
>>
>> "(b) is made for the purposes of —
>> (i) providing information about care, treatment and access to health
>> and hospital services to persons who have tested positive to
>> COVID-19, and
>> (ii) providing information to NSW Health to support the public
>> health response to the COVID-19 pandemic, including analysis
>> of information and planning for, and the provision of, health and
>> hospital services to the people of New South Wales."
>>
>> I think they're struggling to find a rationale for the order that
>> would stand up to challenge. The order is made under section 7 of the
>> Public Health Act.
>>
>> <http://www.austlii.edu.au/cgi-bin/viewdoc/au/legis/nsw/consol_act/pha2010126/s7.html>
>>

>> "as the Minister considers necessary to deal with the risk and its
>> possible consequences"
>>
>> Even allowing for the low bar on the meaning of "necessary" that NCAT
>> likes to use
>
> What has NCAT got to do with it?  Wouldn't the Local Court be dealing
> with breaches of this order?

The Public Health Act provides that one can challenge the validity of an
order before NCAT. This is distinct from dealing with an alleged breach
of an order.

Quite how the two interact is not clear. As far as I can tell, the
matter has never been tested.

Sylvia.

Re: How to enforce the NSW $1000 FINE for COVID?

<j49j4mF58c3U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5100&group=aus.legal#5100

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 14:03:46 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Thu, 13 Jan 2022 03:03 UTC

Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
> Sylvia Else wrote
>> Noodle wrote

>>> There is now a $1,000 Fine if you don't report your COVID Positive test
>>> to:
>>>
>>> 137788 (Press Option# 1 then Option# 4) - 24 hours a day
>>>
>>> or
>>>
>>> http://apply.service.nsw.gov.au/register-positive-rapid-antigen-test-result/
>>>
>>> But how do you Enforce this? What are some examples?
>>>
>>> Smart people like me will refuse to disclose and report, because we
>>> don't want to get in trouble when going shopping for urgent needs.
>>>
>>> Others will report Positives that are False positives, due to bad
>>> quality RAT's.
>>>
>>> NSW Health doesn't care anyway - they are not going to followup (phone
>>> calls) with 34,000 Positive people as it was yesterday.
>>>
>>> So why have Fines at all? Why have Registration at all?
>>>
>>> Just let it rip, like it is already.
>>
>> It would be impossible to prosecute someone unless they're stupid enough
>> to admit that they took a test that was positive.
>>
>> The wording of the order is a bit strange:
>>
>> <https://gazette.legislation.nsw.gov.au/so/download.w3p?id=Gazette_2022_2022-4.pdf>
>> Clause 7(2A)(b)
>>
>> "(b) is made for the purposes of —
>> (i) providing information about care, treatment and access to health
>> and hospital services to persons who have tested positive to
>> COVID-19, and
>> (ii) providing information to NSW Health to support the public
>> health response to the COVID-19 pandemic, including analysis
>> of information and planning for, and the provision of, health and
>> hospital services to the people of New South Wales."
>>
>> I think they're struggling to find a rationale for the order that would
>> stand up to challenge. The order is made under section 7 of the Public
>> Health Act.
>>
>> <http://www.austlii.edu.au/cgi-bin/viewdoc/au/legis/nsw/consol_act/pha2010126/s7.html>
>> "as the Minister considers necessary to deal with the risk and its
>> possible consequences"
>>
>> Even allowing for the low bar on the meaning of "necessary" that NCAT
>> likes to use

> What has NCAT got to do with it?

NCAT is what fools like Else try to use to get regulations changed.

> Wouldn't the Local Court be dealing with breaches of this order?

Yes, but fools like Else don’t have standing there.

>> I think they'd be stretching a point on this one. However, it seems
>> unlikely that anyone would challenge it, given how easy it is just to
>> avoid it.

Re: How to enforce the NSW $1000 FINE for COVID?

<j49mnmF5rc5U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5101&group=aus.legal#5101

From: syl...@email.invalid (Sylvia Else)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 15:05:10 +1100
 by: Sylvia Else - Thu, 13 Jan 2022 04:05 UTC

On 13-Jan-22 2:02 pm, Noodle wrote:
>>> Even allowing for the low bar on the meaning of "necessary" that NCAT
>>> likes to use
>> What has NCAT got to do with it? Wouldn't the Local Court be dealing
>> with breaches of this order?
>
> Correct.
>
> I think Sylvia meant "NSW Local Court's", not "NCAT".

Please don't speculate on what I may have intended - it just spreads
confusion - and your speculation was incorrect in this case.

Sylvia.