From: rol...@perry.co.uk (Roland Perry)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Subject: Re: Remote working backlash
Date: Sun, 23 May 2021 11:03:14 +0100
<s634vv$gj9$1@dont-email.me> <tgiS5ZnjiUhgFAEz@perry.uk>
<s63jj0$fn3$1@dont-email.me> <JUjbkVwk1VhgFAz5@perry.uk>
<s791oj$tbk$1@dont-email.me> <0b6k3nLc0UmgFA83@perry.uk>
<s7bmfg$spl$1@dont-email.me> <s7bspp$ers$1@dont-email.me>
<nWBwEBx3OnngFAHZ@perry.uk> <s7m024$pdl$1@dont-email.me>
<cr2t9g1aj8ccamnei31mo8pk9fsben0ul4@4ax.com> <s7m8g3$da2$1@dont-email.me>
<9glt9glrefvj08vsdogq4cunl7cue2n5lb@4ax.com> <NosabSIBw3ngFAAy@perry.uk>
<s7nv9m$34o$1@dont-email.me> <Qy+99uB3yPogFA6o@perry.uk>
<s7rehm$kii$2@dont-email.me> <+URWEdoLAjogFA8A@perry.uk>
<s85mp3$bra$1@dont-email.me>
 by: Roland Perry - Sun, 23 May 2021 10:03 UTC

In message <s85mp3$bra$1@dont-email.me>, at 13:04:35 on Thu, 20 May
2021, Sam Wilson <ukr@dummy.wislons.fastmail.co.uk> remarked:
>Roland Perry <roland@perry.co.uk> wrote:
>> In message <s7rehm$kii$2@dont-email.me>, at 15:42:46 on Sun, 16 May
>> 2021, Sam Wilson <ukr@dummy.wislons.fastmail.co.uk> remarked:

>>> In almost any case I’ve come across files are downloaded to the
>>> system-nominated downloads folder, assuming you’ve not opted just to
>>> display it in the app or on the web page, and can then be located with the
>>> system-provided file browser. That applies on both iOS and Android as well
>>> as desktop OSs.
>>
>> I'm not sure my phone came with any browser, but Chrome would be the
>> obvious candidate. Its 'downloads' folder is empty. As is the one in
>> Opera, which I know I installed as an after-market thing.
>>
>> And Opera turns out to be the 'default browser', I just checked.
>>
>> One of the things about Android is it doesn't seem to come with a
>> "file browser" (by which I assume you mean something like Windows
>> File Explorer).
>>
>> I have a thing called Cx File Explorer, and that does have the ticket
>> pdfs from the other day. Hurrah. But there seems to be a bug in Adobe
>> Acrobat, when launched from that, because it chops off the top 20% of
>> the QR code.
>
>Odd. I’ve had three Android phones - HTC, Sony and Fairphone - and AFAIR
>they’ve all come with a file browser. The current one is just called File.

I had a Fairphone, but was mis-sold. Turned out the NFC option was just
an aspiration, and they never built that module. For years now, NFC has
been a "must have" for me.

Anyway, just looked at a Samsung, and that has a "my files", so perhaps
it depends a lot on what 'extras' the manufacturer bungs in.

>> The pdf filenames are a bit short - with just the date, to tell the
>> difference between them. I wonder if that's the date they were bought,
>> or the date of travel?
>
>Surely you can divine that from the actual dates, unless you bought all the
>tickets on the day of travel.

One on my phone is simply 13May21.pdf - what can I usefully deduce from
that?
--
Roland Perry