Pohl's law: Nothing is so good that somebody, somewhere, will not hate it.

aus+uk / uk.d-i-y / Re: Wanted - a 'backward' quick release hex bit holder

SubjectAuthor
* Wanted - a 'backward' quick release hex bit holderChris Green
+* Re: Wanted - a 'backward' quick release hex bit holderwasbit
|`- Re: Wanted - a 'backward' quick release hex bit holderChris Green
+- Re: Wanted - a 'backward' quick release hex bit holderTricky Dicky
+* Re: Wanted - a 'backward' quick release hex bit holderMike Clarke
|`- Re: Wanted - a 'backward' quick release hex bit holderChris Green
+- Re: Wanted - a 'backward' quick release hex bit holderJock
+- Re: Wanted - a 'backward' quick release hex bit holderwasbit
`* Re: Wanted - a 'backward' quick release hex bit holderFredxx
 `* Re: Wanted - a 'backward' quick release hex bit holderfred
  `* Re: Wanted - a 'backward' quick release hex bit holderChris Green
   `* Re: Wanted - a 'backward' quick release hex bit holderJock
    `- Re: Wanted - a 'backward' quick release hex bit holderChris Green

1
Wanted - a 'backward' quick release hex bit holder

<i7k4ki-8tf71.ln1@esprimo.zbmc.eu>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=51059&group=uk.d-i-y#51059

From: cl...@isbd.net (Chris Green)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: Wanted - a 'backward' quick release hex bit holder
Date: Mon, 2 May 2022 10:18:10 +0100
 by: Chris Green - Mon, 2 May 2022 09:18 UTC

I have a number of 'quick release' bit holders that I use in cordless
drills and drivers. My very, very, favourite one is what I have just
discovered (after ages searching) is called a 'backward' quick release
bit holder. See, for example :-

https://www.brillianteng.com.tw/products/detail/BE-209

However no UK sellers that I can find tell me whether their bit
holders are 'backward' or 'forward'. I find it much more natural to
pull the sleeve towards the drill/driver (i.e. away from the bit) to
release the bit and I want to buy a couple more.

So, can anyone tell me how I can get what I want?

A search for 'backward quick release hex bit holder' just produces a
few hits from Taiwan companies which isn't terribly useful (unless I
want to buy a few thousand presumably).

--
Chris Green
·

Re: Wanted - a 'backward' quick release hex bit holder

<t4o91c$c89$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=51061&group=uk.d-i-y#51061

From: wasbitRE...@hotmail.com (wasbit)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: Re: Wanted - a 'backward' quick release hex bit holder
Date: Mon, 2 May 2022 10:41:57 +0100
 by: wasbit - Mon, 2 May 2022 09:41 UTC

"Chris Green" <cl@isbd.net> wrote in message
> I have a number of 'quick release' bit holders that I use in cordless
> drills and drivers. My very, very, favourite one is what I have just
> discovered (after ages searching) is called a 'backward' quick release
> bit holder. See, for example :-
>
> https://www.brillianteng.com.tw/products/detail/BE-209
>
> However no UK sellers that I can find tell me whether their bit
> holders are 'backward' or 'forward'. I find it much more natural to
> pull the sleeve towards the drill/driver (i.e. away from the bit) to
> release the bit and I want to buy a couple more.
>
> So, can anyone tell me how I can get what I want?
>
> A search for 'backward quick release hex bit holder' just produces a
> few hits from Taiwan companies which isn't terribly useful (unless I
> want to buy a few thousand presumably).

As far as I am aware, backward release is the norm.
My Axminster ones are & it looks like the Bosch is as well
-
https://www.axminstertools.com/accessories/power-tool-accessories/screwdriving/bit-holders

--
Regards
wasbit

Re: Wanted - a 'backward' quick release hex bit holder

<d31b4bd1-5e12-41e5-886f-fb06682995dfn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=51065&group=uk.d-i-y#51065

Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Mon, 2 May 2022 03:01:21 -0700 (PDT)
From: tricky.d...@sky.com (Tricky Dicky)
 by: Tricky Dicky - Mon, 2 May 2022 10:01 UTC

On Monday, May 2, 2022 at 10:33:07 AM UTC+1, Chris Green wrote:
> I have a number of 'quick release' bit holders that I use in cordless
> drills and drivers. My very, very, favourite one is what I have just
> discovered (after ages searching) is called a 'backward' quick release
> bit holder. See, for example :-
>
> https://www.brillianteng.com.tw/products/detail/BE-209
>
> However no UK sellers that I can find tell me whether their bit
> holders are 'backward' or 'forward'. I find it much more natural to
> pull the sleeve towards the drill/driver (i.e. away from the bit) to
> release the bit and I want to buy a couple more.
>
> So, can anyone tell me how I can get what I want?
>
> A search for 'backward quick release hex bit holder' just produces a
> few hits from Taiwan companies which isn't terribly useful (unless I
> want to buy a few thousand presumably).
>
> --
> Chris Green
> ·

A Dewalt one I have pushes forward to release so do not bother with them.

Richard

Re: Wanted - a 'backward' quick release hex bit holder

<t4ob4b$827$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=51069&group=uk.d-i-y#51069

From: ucebl...@milibyte.co.uk (Mike Clarke)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Mon, 2 May 2022 11:17:47 +0100
 by: Mike Clarke - Mon, 2 May 2022 10:17 UTC

On 02/05/2022 10:18, Chris Green wrote:
> However no UK sellers that I can find tell me whether their bit
> holders are 'backward' or 'forward'. I find it much more natural to
> pull the sleeve towards the drill/driver (i.e. away from the bit) to
> release the bit and I want to buy a couple more.
>
> So, can anyone tell me how I can get what I want?

They're available from UK sellers on Ebay. I got one about a year and a
half ago from https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/391859872025, it's still
available and has worked OK for me. Other suppliers are available.

Re: Wanted - a 'backward' quick release hex bit holder

<35n4ki-9im71.ln1@esprimo.zbmc.eu>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=51070&group=uk.d-i-y#51070

From: cl...@isbd.net (Chris Green)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Mon, 2 May 2022 11:08:03 +0100
 by: Chris Green - Mon, 2 May 2022 10:08 UTC

wasbit <wasbitREMOVE@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "Chris Green" <cl@isbd.net> wrote in message
> > I have a number of 'quick release' bit holders that I use in cordless
> > drills and drivers. My very, very, favourite one is what I have just
> > discovered (after ages searching) is called a 'backward' quick release
> > bit holder. See, for example :-
> >
> > https://www.brillianteng.com.tw/products/detail/BE-209
> >
> > However no UK sellers that I can find tell me whether their bit
> > holders are 'backward' or 'forward'. I find it much more natural to
> > pull the sleeve towards the drill/driver (i.e. away from the bit) to
> > release the bit and I want to buy a couple more.
> >
> > So, can anyone tell me how I can get what I want?
> >
> > A search for 'backward quick release hex bit holder' just produces a
> > few hits from Taiwan companies which isn't terribly useful (unless I
> > want to buy a few thousand presumably).
> >

> As far as I am aware, backward release is the norm.
> My Axminster ones are & it looks like the Bosch is as well
> -
> https://www.axminstertools.com/accessories/power-tool-accessories/screwdriving/bit-holders

Well that's what I'd have thought but I have just one that works that
way, out of half-a-dozen or so.

I'll just have to persevere I guess, but I wish descriptions would
tell which way round they are as it's rather fundamental for the user.

--
Chris Green
·

Re: Wanted - a 'backward' quick release hex bit holder

<d3o4ki-eto71.ln1@esprimo.zbmc.eu>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=51073&group=uk.d-i-y#51073

From: cl...@isbd.net (Chris Green)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Mon, 2 May 2022 11:24:13 +0100
 by: Chris Green - Mon, 2 May 2022 10:24 UTC

Mike Clarke <uceblock@milibyte.co.uk> wrote:
> On 02/05/2022 10:18, Chris Green wrote:
> > However no UK sellers that I can find tell me whether their bit
> > holders are 'backward' or 'forward'. I find it much more natural to
> > pull the sleeve towards the drill/driver (i.e. away from the bit) to
> > release the bit and I want to buy a couple more.
> >
> > So, can anyone tell me how I can get what I want?
>
> They're available from UK sellers on Ebay. I got one about a year and a
> half ago from https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/391859872025, it's still
> available and has worked OK for me. Other suppliers are available.

Thank you! I see that's the Silverline one, I did try and buy one
quite a while ago but the eBay seller than had run out of stock. I'll
buy a couple of them then.

--
Chris Green
·

Re: Wanted - a 'backward' quick release hex bit holder

<op.1ljvovcgc5duzs@pvr2.lan>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=51089&group=uk.d-i-y#51089

From: kdj...@gmail.com (Jock)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Tue, 03 May 2022 02:49:33 +1000
 by: Jock - Mon, 2 May 2022 16:49 UTC

On Mon, 02 May 2022 19:18:10 +1000, Chris Green <cl@isbd.net> wrote:

> I have a number of 'quick release' bit holders that I use in cordless
> drills and drivers. My very, very, favourite one is what I have just
> discovered (after ages searching) is called a 'backward' quick release
> bit holder. See, for example :-
>
> https://www.brillianteng.com.tw/products/detail/BE-209
>
> However no UK sellers that I can find tell me whether their bit
> holders are 'backward' or 'forward'. I find it much more natural to
> pull the sleeve towards the drill/driver (i.e. away from the bit) to
> release the bit and I want to buy a couple more.

> So, can anyone tell me how I can get what I want?

Surely you can tell from the picture, with the ones you want
having a smaller diameter section closer to the part that goes
into the drill/driver itself that the wider part slides over ?

> A search for 'backward quick release hex bit holder' just produces a
> few hits from Taiwan companies which isn't terribly useful (unless I
> want to buy a few thousand presumably).

Re: Wanted - a 'backward' quick release hex bit holder

<t4qphd$2jr$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=51150&group=uk.d-i-y#51150

From: wasbitRE...@hotmail.com (wasbit)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Tue, 3 May 2022 09:35:56 +0100
 by: wasbit - Tue, 3 May 2022 08:35 UTC

"Chris Green" <cl@isbd.net> wrote in message
> I have a number of 'quick release' bit holders that I use in cordless
> drills and drivers. My very, very, favourite one is what I have just
> discovered (after ages searching) is called a 'backward' quick release
> bit holder. See, for example :-
>
> https://www.brillianteng.com.tw/products/detail/BE-209
>
> However no UK sellers that I can find tell me whether their bit
> holders are 'backward' or 'forward'. I find it much more natural to
> pull the sleeve towards the drill/driver (i.e. away from the bit) to
> release the bit and I want to buy a couple more.
>
> So, can anyone tell me how I can get what I want?
>
> A search for 'backward quick release hex bit holder' just produces a
> few hits from Taiwan companies which isn't terribly useful (unless I
> want to buy a few thousand presumably).

There are also the slimmer magnetic type, e.g.
- https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/302225765002?

--
Regards
wasbit

Re: Wanted - a 'backward' quick release hex bit holder

<t4qvd8$gt9$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=51158&group=uk.d-i-y#51158

From: fre...@spam.uk (Fredxx)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Tue, 3 May 2022 11:16:08 +0100
 by: Fredxx - Tue, 3 May 2022 10:16 UTC

On 02/05/2022 10:18, Chris Green wrote:
> I have a number of 'quick release' bit holders that I use in cordless
> drills and drivers. My very, very, favourite one is what I have just
> discovered (after ages searching) is called a 'backward' quick release
> bit holder. See, for example :-
>
> https://www.brillianteng.com.tw/products/detail/BE-209
>
> However no UK sellers that I can find tell me whether their bit
> holders are 'backward' or 'forward'. I find it much more natural to
> pull the sleeve towards the drill/driver (i.e. away from the bit) to
> release the bit and I want to buy a couple more.
>
> So, can anyone tell me how I can get what I want?
>
> A search for 'backward quick release hex bit holder' just produces a
> few hits from Taiwan companies which isn't terribly useful (unless I
> want to buy a few thousand presumably).

Like this:
https://www.toolstation.com/bosch-impact-quick-release-screwdriver-bit-holder/p81932

Re: Wanted - a 'backward' quick release hex bit holder

<a47cc3f7-9697-4461-b1c4-39e24ce61e26n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=51186&group=uk.d-i-y#51186

Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Tue, 3 May 2022 06:22:06 -0700 (PDT)
From: tpmcc...@gmail.com (fred)
 by: fred - Tue, 3 May 2022 13:22 UTC

On Tuesday, May 3, 2022 at 11:16:13 AM UTC+1, Fredxx wrote:
> On 02/05/2022 10:18, Chris Green wrote:
> > I have a number of 'quick release' bit holders that I use in cordless
> > drills and drivers. My very, very, favourite one is what I have just
> > discovered (after ages searching) is called a 'backward' quick release
> > bit holder. See, for example :-
> >
> > https://www.brillianteng.com.tw/products/detail/BE-209
> >
> > However no UK sellers that I can find tell me whether their bit
> > holders are 'backward' or 'forward'. I find it much more natural to
> > pull the sleeve towards the drill/driver (i.e. away from the bit) to
> > release the bit and I want to buy a couple more.
> >
> > So, can anyone tell me how I can get what I want?
> >
> > A search for 'backward quick release hex bit holder' just produces a
> > few hits from Taiwan companies which isn't terribly useful (unless I
> > want to buy a few thousand presumably).
> Like this:
>
> https://www.toolstation.com/bosch-impact-quick-release-screwdriver-bit-holder/p81932

This may be of interest

https://youtu.be/s3avs27j9Ts

Re: Wanted - a 'backward' quick release hex bit holder

<3aq7ki-c1de1.ln1@esprimo.zbmc.eu>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=51201&group=uk.d-i-y#51201

From: cl...@isbd.net (Chris Green)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Tue, 3 May 2022 15:20:19 +0100
 by: Chris Green - Tue, 3 May 2022 14:20 UTC

fred <tpmccann@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday, May 3, 2022 at 11:16:13 AM UTC+1, Fredxx wrote:
> > On 02/05/2022 10:18, Chris Green wrote:
> > > I have a number of 'quick release' bit holders that I use in cordless
> > > drills and drivers. My very, very, favourite one is what I have just
> > > discovered (after ages searching) is called a 'backward' quick release
> > > bit holder. See, for example :-
> > >
> > > https://www.brillianteng.com.tw/products/detail/BE-209
> > >
> > > However no UK sellers that I can find tell me whether their bit
> > > holders are 'backward' or 'forward'. I find it much more natural to
> > > pull the sleeve towards the drill/driver (i.e. away from the bit) to
> > > release the bit and I want to buy a couple more.
> > >
> > > So, can anyone tell me how I can get what I want?
> > >
> > > A search for 'backward quick release hex bit holder' just produces a
> > > few hits from Taiwan companies which isn't terribly useful (unless I
> > > want to buy a few thousand presumably).
> > Like this:
> >
> > https://www.toolstation.com/bosch-impact-quick-release-screwdriver-bit-holder/p81932
>

> This may be of interest
>
> https://youtu.be/s3avs27j9Ts

It shows the Bosch one is "the wrong way round", for me anyway.

--
Chris Green
·

Re: Wanted - a 'backward' quick release hex bit holder

<op.1llpwijhc5duzs@pvr2.lan>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=51222&group=uk.d-i-y#51222

From: kdj...@gmail.com (Jock)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Wed, 04 May 2022 02:39:44 +1000
 by: Jock - Tue, 3 May 2022 16:39 UTC

On Wed, 04 May 2022 00:20:19 +1000, Chris Green <cl@isbd.net> wrote:

> fred <tpmccann@gmail.com> wrote:
>> cordless
>> release

>> > Like this:
>> >

>> https://www.toolstation.com/bosch-impact-quick-release-screwdriver-bit-holder/p81932
>>

>> This may be of interest
>>
>> https://youtu.be/s3avs27j9Ts
>
> It shows the Bosch one is "the wrong way round", for me anyway.

Jeesus that bugger's voice is irritating.

Re: Wanted - a 'backward' quick release hex bit holder

<a648ki-bi5f1.ln1@esprimo.zbmc.eu>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=51228&group=uk.d-i-y#51228

From: cl...@isbd.net (Chris Green)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Tue, 3 May 2022 18:08:58 +0100
 by: Chris Green - Tue, 3 May 2022 17:08 UTC

Jock <kdj@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 04 May 2022 00:20:19 +1000, Chris Green <cl@isbd.net> wrote:
>
> > fred <tpmccann@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> cordless
> >> release

> >> https://www.toolstation.com/bosch-impact-quick-release-screwdriver-bit-holder/p81932
> >>

> >> This may be of interest
> >>
> >> https://youtu.be/s3avs27j9Ts
> >
> > It shows the Bosch one is "the wrong way round", for me anyway.
> >

> Jeesus that bugger's voice is irritating.

I was watching with sound off and I still gave up well before the end! :-)

--
Chris Green
·