Do not exceed recommended dosage.

aus+uk / uk.d-i-y / Re: Karcher Patio Cleaner Attachment

SubjectAuthor
* Karcher Patio Cleaner AttachmentCapri
+* Re: Karcher Patio Cleaner Attachmentcritcher
|+* Re: Karcher Patio Cleaner AttachmentBrian
||`* Re: Karcher Patio Cleaner AttachmentThe Natural Philosopher
|| `- Re: Karcher Patio Cleaner AttachmentBrian
|+- Re: Karcher Patio Cleaner Attachmentwasbit
|`- Re: Karcher Patio Cleaner Attachmentbert
+* Re: Karcher Patio Cleaner AttachmentJohn Rumm
|`* Re: Karcher Patio Cleaner AttachmentTim Lamb
| `- Re: Karcher Patio Cleaner AttachmentChris J Dixon
+* Re: Karcher Patio Cleaner AttachmentJeff Layman
|`- Re: Karcher Patio Cleaner AttachmentThomas Prufer
`- Re: Karcher Patio Cleaner AttachmentRoger Mills

1
Karcher Patio Cleaner Attachment

<64b45178-89e5-427c-8c37-e3d0c2d28994n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=50984&group=uk.d-i-y#50984

Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Sun, 1 May 2022 09:12:41 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Karcher Patio Cleaner Attachment
From: udemyce...@gmail.com (Capri)
 by: Capri - Sun, 1 May 2022 16:12 UTC

I've got a Karcher K2. It's adequate without being overly powerful.
It didn't come with the patio cleaner attachment so I'm looking to buy one.
Does anyone know if the more expensive T-Racers are worth it over the basic T150? Thanks in advance.

Re: Karcher Patio Cleaner Attachment

<t4ml0v$1ihv$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=51015&group=uk.d-i-y#51015

From: dennis.g...@gmail.com (critcher)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: Re: Karcher Patio Cleaner Attachment
Date: Sun, 1 May 2022 19:54:48 +0100
 by: critcher - Sun, 1 May 2022 18:54 UTC

On 01/05/2022 17:12, Capri wrote:
> I've got a Karcher K2. It's adequate without being overly powerful.
> It didn't come with the patio cleaner attachment so I'm looking to buy one.
> Does anyone know if the more expensive T-Racers are worth it over the basic T150? Thanks in advance.

Ive got a patio cleaning attachment, but to be honest its a waste of
time. Its faster to just use the nozzle. The patio attachment just
creates more drag and makes it harder to move.

Re: Karcher Patio Cleaner Attachment

<t4mp22$iaf$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=51024&group=uk.d-i-y#51024

From: noi...@lid.org (Brian)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Sun, 1 May 2022 20:03:14 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:wxMYI/DhC3Q7xRBtbhki8d4Cq58=
 by: Brian - Sun, 1 May 2022 20:03 UTC

critcher <dennis.gange@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 01/05/2022 17:12, Capri wrote:
>> I've got a Karcher K2. It's adequate without being overly powerful.
>> It didn't come with the patio cleaner attachment so I'm looking to buy one.
>> Does anyone know if the more expensive T-Racers are worth it over the
>> basic T150? Thanks in advance.
>

> Ive got a patio cleaning attachment, but to be honest its a waste of
> time. Its faster to just use the nozzle. The patio attachment just
> creates more drag and makes it harder to move.

Agreed. ‘Blasting’ with the high pressure jet, with a narrow spread, seems
to give the best results.

We have a block paved drive and find one of those narrow wire brushes helps
for the joins where moss etc grows.

Re: Karcher Patio Cleaner Attachment

<t4msbc$aqj$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=51026&group=uk.d-i-y#51026

From: see.my.s...@nowhere.null (John Rumm)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Sun, 1 May 2022 21:59:25 +0100
 by: John Rumm - Sun, 1 May 2022 20:59 UTC

On 01/05/2022 17:12, Capri wrote:
> I've got a Karcher K2. It's adequate without being overly powerful.
> It didn't come with the patio cleaner attachment so I'm looking to buy one.
> Does anyone know if the more expensive T-Racers are worth it over the basic T150? Thanks in advance.

I have a T-Racer, and if you just want an all over even clean it is
quite good. It is less aggressive than using either of the jets directly.

--
Cheers,

John.

Re: Karcher Patio Cleaner Attachment

<t4mtcn$hv3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=51027&group=uk.d-i-y#51027

From: tnp...@invalid.invalid (The Natural Philosopher)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Sun, 1 May 2022 22:17:11 +0100
 by: The Natural Philosop - Sun, 1 May 2022 21:17 UTC

On 01/05/2022 21:03, Brian wrote:
> critcher <dennis.gange@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 01/05/2022 17:12, Capri wrote:
>>> I've got a Karcher K2. It's adequate without being overly powerful.
>>> It didn't come with the patio cleaner attachment so I'm looking to buy one.
>>> Does anyone know if the more expensive T-Racers are worth it over the
>>> basic T150? Thanks in advance.
>>

>> Ive got a patio cleaning attachment, but to be honest its a waste of
>> time. Its faster to just use the nozzle. The patio attachment just
>> creates more drag and makes it harder to move.
>>

> Agreed. ‘Blasting’ with the high pressure jet, with a narrow spread, seems
> to give the best results.
>
> We have a block paved drive and find one of those narrow wire brushes helps
> for the joins where moss etc grows.

+1

I have this year sprayed all the weeds with roundup and will march in
with the washer on medium in a day or twenty...

"What kind of person is not interested in those things?"

"Jeremy Corbyn?"

Re: Karcher Patio Cleaner Attachment

<t4nu2s$qri$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=51044&group=uk.d-i-y#51044

From: noi...@lid.org (Brian)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Mon, 2 May 2022 06:35:08 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:nyMRig8HJbVfUobt0E6WOlPZJ6A=
 by: Brian - Mon, 2 May 2022 06:35 UTC

The Natural Philosopher <tnp@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> On 01/05/2022 21:03, Brian wrote:
>> critcher <dennis.gange@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>

>>> Ive got a patio cleaning attachment, but to be honest its a waste of
>>> time. Its faster to just use the nozzle. The patio attachment just
>>> creates more drag and makes it harder to move.
>>>

>> Agreed. ‘Blasting’ with the high pressure jet, with a narrow spread, seems
>> to give the best results.
>>
>> We have a block paved drive and find one of those narrow wire brushes helps
>> for the joins where moss etc grows.
>>
> +1
>
> I have this year sprayed all the weeds with roundup and will march in
> with the washer on medium in a day or twenty...

A friend swears by a strong solution of vinegar.

We tried it on a few weeds and it seems to work. It takes a couple of
applications. We mixed 50:50 and sprayed from an old hand sprayer- the kind
polish/cleaner comes in.

Re: Karcher Patio Cleaner Attachment

<t4nvcm$30m$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=51048&group=uk.d-i-y#51048

From: jmlay...@invalid.invalid (Jeff Layman)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Mon, 2 May 2022 07:57:26 +0100
 by: Jeff Layman - Mon, 2 May 2022 06:57 UTC

On 01/05/2022 17:12, Capri wrote:
> I've got a Karcher K2. It's adequate without being overly powerful.
> It didn't come with the patio cleaner attachment so I'm looking to buy one.
> Does anyone know if the more expensive T-Racers are worth it over the basic T150? Thanks in advance.

I've got a Bosch with patio cleaner. It's less efficient than the flat
jet, but has the advantage of not spraying walls, windows, and anything
else (including the operator!) with dirty water. It also doesn't blast
out the sand or loose material from between the paviours or bricks so
readily. If I could only be bothered to do the patio more often before
it gets really black I wouldn't need to use the flat jet on the really
grubby parts. :-)

--

Jeff

Re: Karcher Patio Cleaner Attachment

<ki4v6hdpl0l3bu5e0akqbo253sigq3pcsc@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=51051&group=uk.d-i-y#51051

From: prufer.p...@mnet-online.de.invalid (Thomas Prufer)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Mon, 02 May 2022 10:12:53 +0200
 by: Thomas Prufer - Mon, 2 May 2022 08:12 UTC

On Mon, 2 May 2022 07:57:26 +0100, Jeff Layman <jmlayman@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>I've got a Bosch with patio cleaner. It's less efficient than the flat
>jet, but has the advantage of not spraying walls, windows, and anything
>else (including the operator!) with dirty water. It also doesn't blast
>out the sand or loose material from between the paviours or bricks so
>readily.

Pretty much that. Also a more even result.

Thomas Prufer

Re: Karcher Patio Cleaner Attachment

<C$hL$bTpe5biFw4L@marfordfarm.demon.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=51054&group=uk.d-i-y#51054

From: tim...@marfordfarm.demon.co.uk (Tim Lamb)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Mon, 2 May 2022 09:34:49 +0100
 by: Tim Lamb - Mon, 2 May 2022 08:34 UTC

In message <t4msbc$aqj$2@dont-email.me>, John Rumm
<see.my.signature@nowhere.null> writes
>On 01/05/2022 17:12, Capri wrote:
>> I've got a Karcher K2. It's adequate without being overly powerful.
>> It didn't come with the patio cleaner attachment so I'm looking to buy one.
>> Does anyone know if the more expensive T-Racers are worth it over the
>>basic T150? Thanks in advance.
>
>I have a T-Racer, and if you just want an all over even clean it is
>quite good. It is less aggressive than using either of the jets
>directly.

I don't know what mine is called but it has angled nozzles at the tips
of a rotating arm under a domed cover.
V. slow compared to the jet and you can get circular *clean* marks if
you progress too quickly.
The major benefit is that you don't blast dirt all over the
surroundings!

--
Tim Lamb

Re: Karcher Patio Cleaner Attachment

<t4o8dl$7fs$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=51058&group=uk.d-i-y#51058

From: wasbitRE...@hotmail.com (wasbit)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Mon, 2 May 2022 10:31:26 +0100
 by: wasbit - Mon, 2 May 2022 09:31 UTC

"critcher" <dennis.gange@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On 01/05/2022 17:12, Capri wrote:
>> I've got a Karcher K2. It's adequate without being overly powerful.
>> It didn't come with the patio cleaner attachment so I'm looking to buy
>> one.
>> Does anyone know if the more expensive T-Racers are worth it over the
>> basic T150? Thanks in advance.
>

> Ive got a patio cleaning attachment, but to be honest its a waste of time.
> Its faster to just use the nozzle. The patio attachment just creates more
> drag and makes it harder to move.

My bottom of the range Nilfisk with patio attachment is the opposite.
I was surprised at how good a job it did on both concrete paths & paving
slabs.
Much quicker than normal pressure washing with either of the supplied
nozzles as well as keeping the spray contained.

--
Regards
wasbit

Re: Karcher Patio Cleaner Attachment

<jdahuoFsfttU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=51092&group=uk.d-i-y#51092

From: mills37....@gmail.com (Roger Mills)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Mon, 2 May 2022 18:16:07 +0100
 by: Roger Mills - Mon, 2 May 2022 17:16 UTC

On 01/05/2022 17:12, Capri wrote:
> I've got a Karcher K2. It's adequate without being overly powerful.
> It didn't come with the patio cleaner attachment so I'm looking to buy one.
> Does anyone know if the more expensive T-Racers are worth it over the basic T150? Thanks in advance.

I've got a Lidl patio cleaner which I use with mt Karcher washer, and it
does an adequate job for a lot less money. [Lidl attachments generally
come with an adapter for fitting to Karcher]

As others have said, you need a nozzle for really dirty patios, but a
patio cleaner will do the job quite quickly if it's not too dirty.
--
Cheers,
Roger

Re: Karcher Patio Cleaner Attachment

<02c07h1qaal2r4ls31f35vl45kp2q1tk5t@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=51109&group=uk.d-i-y#51109

From: chr...@cdixon.me.uk (Chris J Dixon)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Mon, 02 May 2022 20:29:04 +0100
 by: Chris J Dixon - Mon, 2 May 2022 19:29 UTC

Tim Lamb wrote:

>I don't know what mine is called but it has angled nozzles at the tips
>of a rotating arm under a domed cover.
>V. slow compared to the jet and you can get circular *clean* marks if
>you progress too quickly.
>The major benefit is that you don't blast dirt all over the
>surroundings!

I have found that the most effective way to clean my block
paving is to use the patio attachment to get the actual blocks
clean, then work across the area with a jet at 45 degrees to the
joins, shifting all the moss and weeds, followed, once it is dry,
by topping up with new sand.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK