Every time I think I know where it's at, they move it.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Cyclists now outnumber drivers on many A-roads, Department for Transport figures reveal

SubjectAuthor
* Cyclists now outnumber drivers on many A-roads, Department forswldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: Fairy-cyclists now outnumber drivers on many A-roads, DepartmentJNugent
`* Re: Cyclists now outnumber drivers on many A-roads, Department for Transport figMr Pounder Esquire
 `- Re: Cyclists now outnumber drivers on many A-roads, Department forPeter Keller

1
Cyclists now outnumber drivers on many A-roads, Department for Transport figures reveal

<1efcb8bc-6a3d-44ed-acf8-a8003cc919b5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5130&group=uk.rec.cycling#5130

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2022 07:36:03 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Cyclists now outnumber drivers on many A-roads, Department for
Transport figures reveal
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 17 Jan 2022 15:36 UTC

The number of cyclists on many A-roads has surpassed the number of drivers at 43 locations, according to an analysis of Department for Transport figures from 2020.

In a report published in the Sunday Times (link is external) it was noted that the government figures point to eight main roads where cyclists now outnumber all other vehicles, while at a further 35 locations they outnumbered cars and taxis on an average day.

Central London saw the greatest proportion of road users on two wheels, with 87 per cent of traffic on a section of Lambeth Road coming from cyclists.

On Royal Mint Street in the City, 81 per cent of traffic was pedalling a bicycle — four other locations recorded between 55 per cent and 63 per cent.

Commenting on the news, Cycling UK's head of campaigns, Duncan Dollimore said: "London shows that when you start to build a network, and not just individual schemes, you see increased levels of cycling across the whole network or town or city.

"We are seeing similar increases in pockets across the rest of the country where there is a commitment to separated space. People will cycle if the conditions feel safer."

In September, the most recent DfT statistics showed that lockdown had seen the cycling gender gap narrow, and that the average number of miles cycled per person was on the rise.

> Lockdown sees cycling gender gap narrow, government statistics reveal

The Walking and Cycling Statistics, England: 2020 (link is external) report showed that people in England on average made 20 cycling trips, a 26 per cent increase on 2019.

Average number of miles cycled was also on the rise, up from 54 miles per person in 2019 to 88 miles per person last year, an increase of 62 per cent.

The gap between the number of trips made by men and women narrowed from three times as many made by men in 2019 to two times as many in 2020.

Last week, Transport for London announced that the capital's Santander Cycles scheme smashed its record for hires made in a year, with over 10.9 million made in 2021.

More than one million individual customers used the scheme, and 178,000 new members joined — a seven per cent increase on 2020.

"It’s fantastic to see our cycle hire scheme reach such incredible heights," Mayor of London Sadiq Khan said. "Not only have we seen a huge rise in cycling since the pandemic, but participation has also broadened, particularly among people from minority ethnic communities.

"In order to keep up this success, we need safe roads for cyclists, and we continue to work with boroughs to roll out cycle lanes, extra pavement space and safer junctions. I urge anyone who has been thinking of taking up cycling to give it a go and get riding [in 2022]."

https://road.cc/content/news/cyclists-now-outnumber-drivers-many-roads-289563

Re: Fairy-cyclists now outnumber drivers on many A-roads, Department for Transport figures reveal

<j4lhacFdpb1U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5131&group=uk.rec.cycling#5131

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Fairy-cyclists now outnumber drivers on many A-roads, Department
for Transport figures reveal
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2022 15:46:20 +0000
 by: JNugent - Mon, 17 Jan 2022 15:46 UTC

> The number of fairy-cyclists on many A-roads has surpassed the number of drivers at 43 locations, according to an analysis of Department for Transport figures from 2020.
>
> In a report published in the Sunday Times (link is external) it was noted that the government figures point to eight main roads where fairy-cyclists now outnumber all other vehicles, while at a further 35 locations they outnumbered cars and taxis on an average day.
>
> Central London saw the greatest proportion of road users on two wheels, with 87 per cent of traffic on a section of Lambeth Road coming from fairy-cyclists.
>
> On Royal Mint Street in the City, 81 per cent of traffic was pedalling a fairy-bicycle — four other locations recorded between 55 per cent and 63 per cent.
>
> Commenting on the news, Fairy-Cycling UK's head of campaigns, Duncan Dollimore said: "London shows that when you start to build a network, and not just individual schemes, you see increased levels of fairy-cycling across the whole network or town or city.
>
> "We are seeing similar increases in pockets across the rest of the country where there is a commitment to separated space. People will fairy-cycle if the conditions feel safer."
>
> In September, the most recent DfT statistics showed that lockdown had seen the fairy-cycling gender gap narrow, and that the average number of miles fairy-cycled per person was on the rise.
>
>> Lockdown sees fairy-cycling gender gap narrow, government statistics reveal
>
> The Walking and Fairy-Cycling Statistics, England: 2020 (link is external) report showed that people in England on average made 20 fairy-cycling trips, a 26 per cent increase on 2019.
>
> Average number of miles fairy-cycled was also on the rise, up from 54 miles per person in 2019 to 88 miles per person last year, an increase of 62 per cent.
>
> The gap between the number of trips made by men and women narrowed from three times as many made by men in 2019 to two times as many in 2020.
>
> Last week, Transport for London announced that the capital's Santander Fairy-Cycles scheme smashed its record for hires made in a year, with over 10.9 million made in 2021.
>
> More than one million individual customers used the scheme, and 178,000 new members joined — a seven per cent increase on 2020.
>
> "It’s fantastic to see our fairy-cycle hire scheme reach such incredible heights," Mayor of London Sadiq Khan said. "Not only have we seen a huge rise in fairy-cycling since the pandemic, but participation has also broadened, particularly among people from minority ethnic communities.

When he says "our fairy-cycle hire scheme", doesn't he mean Boris's
fairy-cycle hire scheme?

> "In order to keep up this success, we need safe roads for fairy-cyclists, and we continue to work with boroughs to roll out fairy-cycle lanes, *extra* *pavement* *space* and safer junctions. I urge anyone who has been thinking of taking up fairy-cycling to give it a go and get riding [in 2022]."
>
> https://road.cc/content/news/cyclists-now-outnumber-drivers-many-roads-289563

QUOTE:
*extra* *pavement* *space*
ENDQUOTE

A straightforward and unwontedly-honest admission that fairy-cyclists
use the footways. That is usually denied.

Re: Cyclists now outnumber drivers on many A-roads, Department for Transport figures reveal

<ss443r$8jo$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5132&group=uk.rec.cycling#5132

From: MrPoun...@RationalThought.com (Mr Pounder Esquire)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Cyclists now outnumber drivers on many A-roads, Department for Transport figures reveal
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2022 16:05:05 -0000
 by: Mr Pounder Esquire - Mon, 17 Jan 2022 16:05 UTC

swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> The number of cyclists on many A-roads has surpassed the number of
> drivers at 43 locations, according to an analysis of Department for
> Transport figures from 2020.
> >
> https://road.cc/content/news/cyclists-now-outnumber-drivers-many-roads-289563

You really are a sad little fuck all.
Have you ever had a a fuck?

Re: Cyclists now outnumber drivers on many A-roads, Department for Transport figures reveal

<ss8j4o$nb0$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5143&group=uk.rec.cycling#5143

From: muzhm...@centrum.sk (Peter Keller)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Transport figures reveal
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 21:46:16 +1300
 by: Peter Keller - Wed, 19 Jan 2022 08:46 UTC

On 18/01/22 05:05, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
> You really are a sad little fuck all.
> Have you ever had a a fuck?

While large carcasses are a great food source, they are not very
consistent for Pounder.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Cyclists now outnumber drivers on many A-roads, Department for Transport figures reveal