Peers's Law: The solution to a problem changes the nature of the problem.

aus+uk / uk.d-i-y / Re: purchase rights

SubjectAuthor
* purchase rightsTim Lamb
+* Re: purchase rightsTheo
|+* Re: purchase rightsTim+
||`- Re: purchase rightsTim Lamb
|+- Re: purchase rightsTim Lamb
|+- Re: purchase rightsRobin
|`- Re: purchase rightsPeter Johnson
`* Re: purchase rightsBrian
 +* Re: purchase rightsTim Lamb
 |`- Re: purchase rightsTim Lamb
 `* Re: purchase rightsfred
  `* Re: purchase rightsBrian
   `* Re: purchase rightsTim Lamb
    `- Re: purchase rightsBrian

1
purchase rights

<SKsfi0cB1PciFwBR@marfordfarm.demon.co.uk>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=51157&group=uk.d-i-y#51157

From: tim...@marfordfarm.demon.co.uk (Tim Lamb)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: purchase rights
Date: Tue, 3 May 2022 11:00:33 +0100
 by: Tim Lamb - Tue, 3 May 2022 10:00 UTC

One for the legal folk!

I was asked to examine a well used Pizza Oven belonging to my family.
Outside any normal supplier guarantee period so not returnable.

Clamshell structure with top and bottom radiant electrical elements.
Fuse blown and black smoke reported.

Bit of a struggle to get inside as the top/bottom electrical linkage
prevents easy separation of the two halves.

In my view, the electrical connection arrangements were inadequate for
their purpose. Plastic! connector strip. Single core sleeved wiring
linking the top element to the controls.

Initial thinking was to repair using a ceramic junction strip and high
temperature flexible cables. However, time costs and issues on repairing
PET equipment made simple replacement more attractive!

Sadly, the identical replacement unit failed with the same symptoms
after a few uses!

Beyond the 30 day return policy for Amazon supply. The supplier has
provided a DPD return service slip but has not yet volunteered any
return of funds for what I now consider to be unsafe domestic equipment.

What legal levers are available?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00PB70O62/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title
_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
--
Tim Lamb

Re: purchase rights

<dKk*HceNy@news.chiark.greenend.org.uk>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=51160&group=uk.d-i-y#51160

From: theom+n...@chiark.greenend.org.uk (Theo)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: Re: purchase rights
Date: 03 May 2022 11:23:03 +0100 (BST)
 by: Theo - Tue, 3 May 2022 10:23 UTC

Tim Lamb <tim@marfordfarm.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> Beyond the 30 day return policy for Amazon supply. The supplier has
> provided a DPD return service slip but has not yet volunteered any
> return of funds for what I now consider to be unsafe domestic equipment.
>
> What legal levers are available?

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/consumer-rights-refunds-exchange/

Amazon are slippery fish when they say it's 'out of the returns period',
because you aren't returning it because you didn't like the colour, you're
returning it according to your statutory rights because it's faulty.

(In general there's an expectation of a two year warranty in the EU, which I
assume still applies here)

If this is a marketplace sale from a third party seller as your listing,
your contract is with the seller, not Amazon. Does Amazon provide you with
a way to contact the seller?

It sounds like the seller has accepted the return, so what you need to make
clear is you are returning it for a refund rather than a repair.

If it has been sold from Amazon themselves, contact them on chat and stand
your ground and say that the Consumer Rights Act 2015 says that it must be
of satisfactory quality and last for two years. I had to do this with a
plugin RCD that cracked (not designed for being continuously powered,
apparently) - they tried to give me the 'outside the returns period'
runaround but I insisted my rights and they eventually accepted the return
and refunded on receipt.

Theo

Re: purchase rights

<2091560145.673266667.758791.tim.downie-gmail.com@news.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=51163&group=uk.d-i-y#51163

From: tim.dow...@gmail.com (Tim+)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: 3 May 2022 10:34:05 GMT
 by: Tim+ - Tue, 3 May 2022 10:34 UTC

Theo <theom+news@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:
> Tim Lamb <tim@marfordfarm.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>> Beyond the 30 day return policy for Amazon supply. The supplier has
>> provided a DPD return service slip but has not yet volunteered any
>> return of funds for what I now consider to be unsafe domestic equipment.
>>
>> What legal levers are available?
>
> https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/consumer-rights-refunds-exchange/
>
> Amazon are slippery fish when they say it's 'out of the returns period',
> because you aren't returning it because you didn't like the colour, you're
> returning it according to your statutory rights because it's faulty.
>
> (In general there's an expectation of a two year warranty in the EU, which I
> assume still applies here)
>
> If this is a marketplace sale from a third party seller as your listing,
> your contract is with the seller, not Amazon. Does Amazon provide you with
> a way to contact the seller?
>
> It sounds like the seller has accepted the return, so what you need to make
> clear is you are returning it for a refund rather than a repair.

Watch our for return costs though! I bought something that turned out to be
a cheaper copy of the advertised product from an Amazon trader. After much
wrangling the seller offered a refund if I returned it. Return costs were
higher than the cost of the item so not viable.

As the offer of a refund had been made, Amazon washed their hands of the
affair.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls

Re: purchase rights

<P16oN5db7QciFwx1@marfordfarm.demon.co.uk>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=51171&group=uk.d-i-y#51171

From: tim...@marfordfarm.demon.co.uk (Tim Lamb)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Tue, 3 May 2022 12:15:39 +0100
 by: Tim Lamb - Tue, 3 May 2022 11:15 UTC

In message <dKk*HceNy@news.chiark.greenend.org.uk>, Theo
<theom+news@chiark.greenend.org.uk> writes
>Tim Lamb <tim@marfordfarm.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>> Beyond the 30 day return policy for Amazon supply. The supplier has
>> provided a DPD return service slip but has not yet volunteered any
>> return of funds for what I now consider to be unsafe domestic equipment.
>>
>> What legal levers are available?
>
>https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/consumer-rights-refunds-exchange/
>
>Amazon are slippery fish when they say it's 'out of the returns period',
>because you aren't returning it because you didn't like the colour, you're
>returning it according to your statutory rights because it's faulty.
>
>(In general there's an expectation of a two year warranty in the EU, which I
>assume still applies here)
>
>If this is a marketplace sale from a third party seller as your listing,
>your contract is with the seller, not Amazon. Does Amazon provide you with
>a way to contact the seller?
>
>It sounds like the seller has accepted the return, so what you need to make
>clear is you are returning it for a refund rather than a repair.
>
>If it has been sold from Amazon themselves, contact them on chat and stand
>your ground and say that the Consumer Rights Act 2015 says that it must be
>of satisfactory quality and last for two years. I had to do this with a
>plugin RCD that cracked (not designed for being continuously powered,
>apparently) - they tried to give me the 'outside the returns period'
>runaround but I insisted my rights and they eventually accepted the return
>and refunded on receipt.

Thanks for the above, Theo. Just what I need:-)

--
Tim Lamb

Re: purchase rights

<w1GnNSer+QciFwXd@marfordfarm.demon.co.uk>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=51172&group=uk.d-i-y#51172

From: tim...@marfordfarm.demon.co.uk (Tim Lamb)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Tue, 3 May 2022 12:19:07 +0100
 by: Tim Lamb - Tue, 3 May 2022 11:19 UTC

In message
<2091560145.673266667.758791.tim.downie-gmail.com@news.individual.net>,
Tim+ <tim.downie@gmail.com> writes
>Theo <theom+news@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:
>> Tim Lamb <tim@marfordfarm.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>>> Beyond the 30 day return policy for Amazon supply. The supplier has
>>> provided a DPD return service slip but has not yet volunteered any
>>> return of funds for what I now consider to be unsafe domestic equipment.
>>>
>>> What legal levers are available?
>>
>> https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/consumer-rights-refunds-exchange/
>>
>> Amazon are slippery fish when they say it's 'out of the returns period',
>> because you aren't returning it because you didn't like the colour, you're
>> returning it according to your statutory rights because it's faulty.
>>
>> (In general there's an expectation of a two year warranty in the EU, which I
>> assume still applies here)
>>
>> If this is a marketplace sale from a third party seller as your listing,
>> your contract is with the seller, not Amazon. Does Amazon provide you with
>> a way to contact the seller?
>>
>> It sounds like the seller has accepted the return, so what you need to make
>> clear is you are returning it for a refund rather than a repair.
>
>Watch our for return costs though! I bought something that turned out to be
>a cheaper copy of the advertised product from an Amazon trader. After much
>wrangling the seller offered a refund if I returned it. Return costs were
>higher than the cost of the item so not viable.
>
>As the offer of a refund had been made, Amazon washed their hands of the
>affair.

OK Tim.

A refund is not yet agreed and I am a bit twitchy about the Amazon
*solved not solved* tick boxes but we'll see how it goes!
--
Tim Lamb

Re: purchase rights

<t4r8d3$tsb$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=51181&group=uk.d-i-y#51181

From: noi...@lid.org (Brian)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Tue, 3 May 2022 12:49:39 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:sHGKA7Gxp7RiYlhn1UIC94n8HA4=
 by: Brian - Tue, 3 May 2022 12:49 UTC

Tim Lamb <tim@marfordfarm.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> One for the legal folk!
>
> I was asked to examine a well used Pizza Oven belonging to my family.
> Outside any normal supplier guarantee period so not returnable.
>
> Clamshell structure with top and bottom radiant electrical elements.
> Fuse blown and black smoke reported.
>
> Bit of a struggle to get inside as the top/bottom electrical linkage
> prevents easy separation of the two halves.
>
> In my view, the electrical connection arrangements were inadequate for
> their purpose. Plastic! connector strip. Single core sleeved wiring
> linking the top element to the controls.
>
> Initial thinking was to repair using a ceramic junction strip and high
> temperature flexible cables. However, time costs and issues on repairing
> PET equipment made simple replacement more attractive!
>
> Sadly, the identical replacement unit failed with the same symptoms
> after a few uses!
>
> Beyond the 30 day return policy for Amazon supply. The supplier has
> provided a DPD return service slip but has not yet volunteered any
> return of funds for what I now consider to be unsafe domestic equipment.
>
> What legal levers are available?
>
> https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00PB70O62/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title
> _o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Amazon are normally very good.

Also, if a Credit Card was used to pay for it, they should help.

Re: purchase rights

<8XPEVcfNhSciFwUe@marfordfarm.demon.co.uk>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=51183&group=uk.d-i-y#51183

From: tim...@marfordfarm.demon.co.uk (Tim Lamb)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Tue, 3 May 2022 14:04:13 +0100
 by: Tim Lamb - Tue, 3 May 2022 13:04 UTC

In message <t4r8d3$tsb$1@dont-email.me>, Brian <noinv@lid.org> writes
>Tim Lamb <tim@marfordfarm.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>> One for the legal folk!

Snip
>> Beyond the 30 day return policy for Amazon supply. The supplier has
>> provided a DPD return service slip but has not yet volunteered any
>> return of funds for what I now consider to be unsafe domestic equipment.
>>
>> What legal levers are available?
>>
>> https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00PB70O62/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title
>> _o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
>
>Amazon are normally very good.
>
>Also, if a Credit Card was used to pay for it, they should help.

CC was used. I'll send it back and see what they say. Ta.

--
Tim Lamb

Re: purchase rights

<1bab6470-a5af-4a48-88df-a0b116c47dbdn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=51184&group=uk.d-i-y#51184

Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Tue, 3 May 2022 06:18:23 -0700 (PDT)
From: tpmcc...@gmail.com (fred)
 by: fred - Tue, 3 May 2022 13:18 UTC

On Tuesday, May 3, 2022 at 1:49:43 PM UTC+1, Brian wrote:
> Tim Lamb <t...@marfordfarm.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> > One for the legal folk!
> >
> > I was asked to examine a well used Pizza Oven belonging to my family.
> > Outside any normal supplier guarantee period so not returnable.
> >
> > Clamshell structure with top and bottom radiant electrical elements.
> > Fuse blown and black smoke reported.
> >
> > Bit of a struggle to get inside as the top/bottom electrical linkage
> > prevents easy separation of the two halves.
> >
> > In my view, the electrical connection arrangements were inadequate for
> > their purpose. Plastic! connector strip. Single core sleeved wiring
> > linking the top element to the controls.
> >
> > Initial thinking was to repair using a ceramic junction strip and high
> > temperature flexible cables. However, time costs and issues on repairing
> > PET equipment made simple replacement more attractive!
> >
> > Sadly, the identical replacement unit failed with the same symptoms
> > after a few uses!
> >
> > Beyond the 30 day return policy for Amazon supply. The supplier has
> > provided a DPD return service slip but has not yet volunteered any
> > return of funds for what I now consider to be unsafe domestic equipment..
> >
> > What legal levers are available?
> >
> > https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00PB70O62/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title
> > _o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
> Amazon are normally very good.
>
> Also, if a Credit Card was used to pay for it, they should help.

I had a problem with a coat I bought from Amazon. It came with free return. Transpired it had to go back to China at a cost in excess of £35 which the supplier agreed to refund once he had the return. Being distrustful I appealed to Amazon and they organised a full refund and keep it. (As it was unsuitable, a charty shop got it)
Whatever bad press Amazon get I would infinitely prefer to deal wih them rather than Ebay whose customer service seems to be in the Ryanair mould, (i.e) Customer non-service

Re: purchase rights

<t4rdm2$gk6$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=51198&group=uk.d-i-y#51198

From: noi...@lid.org (Brian)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Tue, 3 May 2022 14:19:46 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:bwROFICFLChFoCHmFe8eVyda6gc=
 by: Brian - Tue, 3 May 2022 14:19 UTC

fred <tpmccann@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday, May 3, 2022 at 1:49:43 PM UTC+1, Brian wrote:
>> Tim Lamb <t...@marfordfarm.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>>> One for the legal folk!
>>>
>>> I was asked to examine a well used Pizza Oven belonging to my family.
>>> Outside any normal supplier guarantee period so not returnable.
>>>
>>> Clamshell structure with top and bottom radiant electrical elements.
>>> Fuse blown and black smoke reported.
>>>
>>> Bit of a struggle to get inside as the top/bottom electrical linkage
>>> prevents easy separation of the two halves.
>>>
>>> In my view, the electrical connection arrangements were inadequate for
>>> their purpose. Plastic! connector strip. Single core sleeved wiring
>>> linking the top element to the controls.
>>>
>>> Initial thinking was to repair using a ceramic junction strip and high
>>> temperature flexible cables. However, time costs and issues on repairing
>>> PET equipment made simple replacement more attractive!
>>>
>>> Sadly, the identical replacement unit failed with the same symptoms
>>> after a few uses!
>>>
>>> Beyond the 30 day return policy for Amazon supply. The supplier has
>>> provided a DPD return service slip but has not yet volunteered any
>>> return of funds for what I now consider to be unsafe domestic equipment.
>>>
>>> What legal levers are available?
>>>
>>> https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00PB70O62/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title
>>> _o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
>> Amazon are normally very good.
>>
>> Also, if a Credit Card was used to pay for it, they should help.
>
> I had a problem with a coat I bought from Amazon. It came with free
> return. Transpired it had to go back to China at a cost in excess of £35
> which the supplier agreed to refund once he had the return. Being
> distrustful I appealed to Amazon and they organised a full refund and
> keep it. (As it was unsuitable, a charty shop got it)
> Whatever bad press Amazon get I would infinitely prefer to deal wih them
> rather than Ebay whose customer service seems to be in the Ryanair mould,
> (i.e) Customer non-service

I’ve found EBay very good. In countless transactions, I only had one where
I lost money - under £2. Due being away I lost track of dates and didn’t
chase it up it time. I’ve received refunds without any real hassle when
items haven’t arrived, not been as advertised etc.

Re: purchase rights

<94c6b50c-e79f-8b35-3cc4-5dcc466b9e3f@outlook.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=51211&group=uk.d-i-y#51211

From: rbw...@outlook.com (Robin)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Tue, 3 May 2022 16:53:24 +0100
 by: Robin - Tue, 3 May 2022 15:53 UTC

On 03/05/2022 11:23, Theo wrote:
> Tim Lamb <tim@marfordfarm.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>> Beyond the 30 day return policy for Amazon supply. The supplier has
>> provided a DPD return service slip but has not yet volunteered any
>> return of funds for what I now consider to be unsafe domestic equipment.
>>
>> What legal levers are available?
>
> https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/consumer-rights-refunds-exchange/
>
> Amazon are slippery fish when they say it's 'out of the returns period',
> because you aren't returning it because you didn't like the colour, you're
> returning it according to your statutory rights because it's faulty.
>
> (In general there's an expectation of a two year warranty in the EU, which I
> assume still applies here)

See below.

> If this is a marketplace sale from a third party seller as your listing,
> your contract is with the seller, not Amazon. Does Amazon provide you with
> a way to contact the seller?
>
> It sounds like the seller has accepted the return, so what you need to make
> clear is you are returning it for a refund rather than a repair.
>
> If it has been sold from Amazon themselves, contact them on chat and stand
> your ground and say that the Consumer Rights Act 2015 says that it must be
> of satisfactory quality and last for two years.

Please don't promulgate the Commission's deliberate mis-representation
of the law. What the EU provided was a right to take action against a
business seller for 2 years after you bought something. Since you
already had 6 years in England it made no difference in law. It did
/not/ mandate 2 year warranties as the term is usually understood in the
UK.

It did lead some retailers to offer 2 year warranties simply to shut up
the people who insisted the EU gave them the right but that's a
different matter.

As for the Consumer Rights Act 2015, the right to insist on a refund
rather than a repair at the first instance only applies if you are
rejecting goods within 30 days of the sale. The OP is beyond that.

After that you must give the seller an opportunity to repair if they
wish rather than replace.

After more than 6 months your rights change again as he burden of proof
is on you to prove the product is faulty, and a refund may be partial.

--
Robin

Re: purchase rights

<jS2TEChpZYciFw24@marfordfarm.demon.co.uk>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=51271&group=uk.d-i-y#51271

From: tim...@marfordfarm.demon.co.uk (Tim Lamb)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Tue, 3 May 2022 20:45:45 +0100
 by: Tim Lamb - Tue, 3 May 2022 19:45 UTC

In message <t4rdm2$gk6$1@dont-email.me>, Brian <noinv@lid.org> writes
>fred <tpmccann@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Amazon are normally very good.
>>>
>>> Also, if a Credit Card was used to pay for it, they should help.
>>
>> I had a problem with a coat I bought from Amazon. It came with free
>> return. Transpired it had to go back to China at a cost in excess of £35
>> which the supplier agreed to refund once he had the return. Being
>> distrustful I appealed to Amazon and they organised a full refund and
>> keep it. (As it was unsuitable, a charty shop got it)
>> Whatever bad press Amazon get I would infinitely prefer to deal wih them
>> rather than Ebay whose customer service seems to be in the Ryanair mould,
>> (i.e) Customer non-service
>>

>I’ve found EBay very good. In countless transactions, I only had one where
>I lost money - under £2. Due being away I lost track of dates and didn’t
>chase it up it time. I’ve received refunds without any real hassle when
>items haven’t arrived, not been as advertised etc.

Up to last month I would say *me too* for EBay. Very strange goings on
over a £10.00 extractor fan non return valve.

4 Separate delivery dates promised and missed with no follow up/reason.

Supplier record appears impeccable. I have asked for a return of funds
so I'll see what that brings. Evri Hermes are involved although they
have been good here hitherto.
--
Tim Lamb

Re: purchase rights

<t4tm31$p3v$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=51345&group=uk.d-i-y#51345

From: noi...@lid.org (Brian)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Wed, 4 May 2022 10:55:29 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:5wMmc2Pp0B64Ci1HOLxVSgRoTio=
 by: Brian - Wed, 4 May 2022 10:55 UTC

Tim Lamb <tim@marfordfarm.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> In message <t4rdm2$gk6$1@dont-email.me>, Brian <noinv@lid.org> writes
>> fred <tpmccann@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I had a problem with a coat I bought from Amazon. It came with free
>>> return. Transpired it had to go back to China at a cost in excess of £35
>>> which the supplier agreed to refund once he had the return. Being
>>> distrustful I appealed to Amazon and they organised a full refund and
>>> keep it. (As it was unsuitable, a charty shop got it)
>>> Whatever bad press Amazon get I would infinitely prefer to deal wih them
>>> rather than Ebay whose customer service seems to be in the Ryanair mould,
>>> (i.e) Customer non-service
>>>

>> I’ve found EBay very good. In countless transactions, I only had one where
>> I lost money - under £2. Due being away I lost track of dates and didn’t
>> chase it up it time. I’ve received refunds without any real hassle when
>> items haven’t arrived, not been as advertised etc.
>
> Up to last month I would say *me too* for EBay. Very strange goings on
> over a £10.00 extractor fan non return valve.
>
> 4 Separate delivery dates promised and missed with no follow up/reason.
>
> Supplier record appears impeccable. I have asked for a return of funds
> so I'll see what that brings. Evri Hermes are involved although they
> have been good here hitherto.

I had a wrong item, will 3 of them rather than 2 of the right one, arrive
yesterday.

I Emailed the seller yesterday and again this morning. They are sending the
correct items and told me to keep the others, 3 of those USB cables with
magnetic ends for Micro USB, C and Apple. All in all, a good outcome.
Mistakes happen and the seller has responded more than fairly.

I had a similar problem a few weeks back. I’d ordered one size of power
jack and received another. The seller sent the correct ones without a fuss.
They got good feedback, as will the USB cable seller assuming the cables
arrive.

I rarely leave negative feedback - sellers have generally given good
service. Some have been excellent, even on low value items.

Re: purchase rights

<dd257hd3o6n4ieofa9kjehhk6jboaevvms@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=51363&group=uk.d-i-y#51363

From: pet...@parksidewood.nospam (Peter Johnson)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Wed, 04 May 2022 15:20:52 +0100
 by: Peter Johnson - Wed, 4 May 2022 14:20 UTC

On 03 May 2022 11:23:03 +0100 (BST), Theo
<theom+news@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:

>Tim Lamb <tim@marfordfarm.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>> Beyond the 30 day return policy for Amazon supply. The supplier has
>> provided a DPD return service slip but has not yet volunteered any
>> return of funds for what I now consider to be unsafe domestic equipment.
>>
>> What legal levers are available?
>
>https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/consumer-rights-refunds-exchange/
>
>Amazon are slippery fish when they say it's 'out of the returns period',
>because you aren't returning it because you didn't like the colour, you're
>returning it according to your statutory rights because it's faulty.

If you've had contact with Amazon wait for the contact feedback
request and post feedback that makes it clear you are not happy. If my
experience a few weeks ago is anything to go by the phone will ring a
few hours later and the person who dealt with you earlier will be on
the line shitting himself if he can't get the bad feedback replaced.
In my case a new 40v lithium battery wasn't holding its charge and
Amazon says don't post it back, contact customer services, but CS just
went round in a loop with no proper answer. After the feedback, the
guy came of the phone and said to keep the battery and he would refund
me, which he did, but 'Please would I change the feedback?' which I
did.

Re: purchase rights

<RCefAg1Kj9ciFwgP@marfordfarm.demon.co.uk>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=51516&group=uk.d-i-y#51516

From: tim...@marfordfarm.demon.co.uk (Tim Lamb)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Thu, 5 May 2022 15:01:46 +0100
 by: Tim Lamb - Thu, 5 May 2022 14:01 UTC

In message <8XPEVcfNhSciFwUe@marfordfarm.demon.co.uk>, Tim Lamb
<tim@marfordfarm.demon.co.uk> writes
>In message <t4r8d3$tsb$1@dont-email.me>, Brian <noinv@lid.org> writes
>>Tim Lamb <tim@marfordfarm.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>>> One for the legal folk!
>>>
>Snip
>>> Beyond the 30 day return policy for Amazon supply. The supplier has
>>> provided a DPD return service slip but has not yet volunteered any
>>> return of funds for what I now consider to be unsafe domestic equipment.
>>>
>>> What legal levers are available?
>>>
>>> https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00PB70O62/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title
>>> _o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
>>
>>Amazon are normally very good.
>>
>>Also, if a Credit Card was used to pay for it, they should help.
>
>CC was used. I'll send it back and see what they say. Ta.

Hmm.. Full refunds from both E-Bay and Amazon!

--
Tim Lamb