From: i.love.s...@spam.com (SH)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: jetwashing/cleaning block paving
Date: Mon, 9 May 2022 15:50:31 +0100
 by: SH - Mon, 9 May 2022 14:50 UTC

Its that time of year where our front block paving and rear patio need
jet washing again.....

we find we have to do this twice yealry as algae grows on both and the
block paving in particular is prone to lichen.

Is there any chemicals we can use to prevent the regrowth of algae and
lichen and also to seal it so it does not get so dirty again so quickly?

S.

Re: jetwashing/cleaning block paving

<s6bi7h9dk2b0j06n21but2n7ev94ukncr0@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=52084&group=uk.d-i-y#52084

From: me...@privacy.net (Chris Hogg)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: Re: jetwashing/cleaning block paving
Date: Mon, 09 May 2022 16:19:55 +0100
 by: Chris Hogg - Mon, 9 May 2022 15:19 UTC

On Mon, 9 May 2022 15:50:31 +0100, SH <i.love.spam@spam.com> wrote:

>Its that time of year where our front block paving and rear patio need
>jet washing again.....
>
>we find we have to do this twice yealry as algae grows on both and the
>block paving in particular is prone to lichen.
>
>Is there any chemicals we can use to prevent the regrowth of algae and
>lichen and also to seal it so it does not get so dirty again so quickly?
>
>S.

Patio Magic is quite good - Google for it. But you get better value
for money if you just get the active ingredient, BAC50 Benzalkonium
Chloride, see Ebay. Seems to last a fair time, but I don't think it
will seal the paving. ISTR a waterglass solution is OK for that
(sodium silicate of some sort) e.g.
https://mistralni.co.uk/products/sodium-silicate-solution-q70 or
Google for it, but I've never used it. Alternatively try Aquaseal 66
which is intended for walls, but might work on horizontal surfaces as
well.

--
Chris

Re: jetwashing/cleaning block paving

<16edceb655a57608$9$64129$4226dc73@news.newsgroupdirect.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=52208&group=uk.d-i-y#52208

From: 53326fe3...@example.com (Greml)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Tue, 10 May 2022 17:32:00 +0000
 by: Greml - Tue, 10 May 2022 17:32 UTC

Yes there are. Just Google Algae control on paving. Bear in mind though, any run off could be toxic to plants and will almost be harmful to aquatic life, so thought needs to be given as to where the run off will run to.

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy/jetwashing-cleaning-block-paving-3201727-.htm