My pants just went to high school in the Carlsbad Caverns!!!

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Near Miss of the Day 703: Very close pass at pinch point (video includes swearing)

SubjectAuthor
* Near Miss of the Day 703: Very close pass at pinch point (videoswldx...@gmail.com
+* Re: Near Miss of the Day 703: Very close pass at pinch point (videoJNugent
|`* Re: Near Miss of the Day 703: Very close pass at pinch point (videoMike Collins
| `* Re: Near Miss of the Day 703: Very close pass at pinch point (videoJNugent
|  `* Re: Near Miss of the Day 703: Very close pass at pinch point (videoMike Collins
|   `- Re: Near Miss of the Day 703: Very close pass at pinch point (videoJNugent
`* Re: Near Miss of the Day 703: Very close pass at pinch point (videoswldx...@gmail.com
 +- Re: Near Miss of the Day 703: Very close pass at pinch point (videoJNugent
 `- Re: Near Miss of the Day 703: Very close pass at pinch point (video includes sweMr Pounder Esquire

1
Near Miss of the Day 703: Very close pass at pinch point (video includes swearing)

<37ff3719-6d45-455d-b11f-b27e98960374n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5232&group=uk.rec.cycling#5232

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2022 05:47:57 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Near Miss of the Day 703: Very close pass at pinch point (video
includes swearing)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 23 Jan 2022 13:47 UTC

One of the most typical near misses we see in this series involves a driver overtaking a cyclist at a pinch point where the road narrows – and today’s offering from near Wrexham, north Wales, could not provide a bigger contrast to the one we featured yesterday.

Both involve lorries and traffic islands but while in the video we featured yesterday, the driver went the wrong way around the island – which is of course illegal, but at least did not put the cyclist in danger – today we have a driver ploughing ahead regardless.

The result is a very close pass on the cyclist, who responds with some industrial language – perfectly understandable in the circumstances.

Phil, the road.cc reader who sent the clip in, said: “I actually felt the air displacement as the door mirror passed my head/helmet.”

https://road.cc/content/news/nmotd-703-close-pass-pinch-point-inc-swearing-289745

Re: Near Miss of the Day 703: Very close pass at pinch point (video includes swearing)

<j558akFe9enU4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5236&group=uk.rec.cycling#5236

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
includes swearing)
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2022 14:51:00 +0000
 by: JNugent - Sun, 23 Jan 2022 14:51 UTC

> One of the most typical near misses we see in this series involves a driver overtaking a fairy-cyclist at a pinch point where the road narrows – and today’s offering from near Wrexham, north Wales, could not provide a bigger contrast to the one we featured yesterday.
>
> Both involve lorries and traffic islands but while in the video we featured yesterday, the driver went the wrong way around the island – which is of course illegal, but at least did not put the fairy-cyclist in danger – today we have a driver ploughing ahead regardless.
>
> The result is a very close pass on the fairy-cyclist, who responds with some industrial language – perfectly understandable in the circumstances.
>
> Phil, the road.cc reader who sent the clip in, said: “I actually felt the air displacement as the door mirror passed my head/helmet.”
>
> https://road.cc/content/news/nmotd-703-close-pass-pinch-point-inc-swearing-289745

He was wearing a helmet?

Doesn't that make him a non-person in the fairy-cycling world?

Re: Near Miss of the Day 703: Very close pass at pinch point (video includes swearing)

<d1475002-c580-4f61-aecc-4c52d0e00d39n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5242&group=uk.rec.cycling#5242

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2022 07:18:57 -0800 (PST)
includes swearing)
From: cmike8...@gmail.com (Mike Collins)
 by: Mike Collins - Sun, 23 Jan 2022 15:18 UTC

On Sunday, 23 January 2022 at 14:51:02 UTC, JNugent wrote:
> On 23/01/2022 01:47 pm, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > One of the most typical near misses we see in this series involves a driver overtaking a fairy-cyclist at a pinch point where the road narrows – and today’s offering from near Wrexham, north Wales, could not provide a bigger contrast to the one we featured yesterday.
> >
> > Both involve lorries and traffic islands but while in the video we featured yesterday, the driver went the wrong way around the island – which is of course illegal, but at least did not put the fairy-cyclist in danger – today we have a driver ploughing ahead regardless.
> >
> > The result is a very close pass on the fairy-cyclist, who responds with some industrial language – perfectly understandable in the circumstances.
> >
> > Phil, the road.cc reader who sent the clip in, said: “I actually felt the air displacement as the door mirror passed my head/helmet.”
> >
> > https://road.cc/content/news/nmotd-703-close-pass-pinch-point-inc-swearing-289745
> He was wearing a helmet?
>
> Doesn't that make him a non-person in the fairy-cycling world?

What is the fairy-cycling world?

Re: Near Miss of the Day 703: Very close pass at pinch point (video includes swearing)

<j55blqFev8pU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5243&group=uk.rec.cycling#5243

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
includes swearing)
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2022 15:48:10 +0000
 by: JNugent - Sun, 23 Jan 2022 15:48 UTC

On 23/01/2022 03:18 pm, Mike Collins wrote:
> On Sunday, 23 January 2022 at 14:51:02 UTC, JNugent wrote:
>> On 23/01/2022 01:47 pm, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>>> One of the most typical near misses we see in this series involves a driver overtaking a fairy-cyclist at a pinch point where the road narrows – and today’s offering from near Wrexham, north Wales, could not provide a bigger contrast to the one we featured yesterday.
>>>
>>> Both involve lorries and traffic islands but while in the video we featured yesterday, the driver went the wrong way around the island – which is of course illegal, but at least did not put the fairy-cyclist in danger – today we have a driver ploughing ahead regardless.
>>>
>>> The result is a very close pass on the fairy-cyclist, who responds with some industrial language – perfectly understandable in the circumstances.
>>>
>>> Phil, the road.cc reader who sent the clip in, said: “I actually felt the air displacement as the door mirror passed my head/helmet.”
>>>
>>> https://road.cc/content/news/nmotd-703-close-pass-pinch-point-inc-swearing-289745
>> He was wearing a helmet?
>>
>> Doesn't that make him a non-person in the fairy-cycling world?
>
> What is the fairy-cycling world?

Come on... be reasonable...

Re: Near Miss of the Day 703: Very close pass at pinch point (video includes swearing)

<6a6cca74-e3df-44b5-9c7f-7e1b522bfd1en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5246&group=uk.rec.cycling#5246

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2022 09:09:26 -0800 (PST)
includes swearing)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 23 Jan 2022 17:09 UTC

On Sunday, January 23, 2022 at 1:47:59 PM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> One of the most typical near misses we see in this series involves a driver overtaking a cyclist at a pinch point where the road narrows – and today’s offering from near Wrexham, north Wales, could not provide a bigger contrast to the one we featured yesterday.
>
> Both involve lorries and traffic islands but while in the video we featured yesterday, the driver went the wrong way around the island – which is of course illegal, but at least did not put the cyclist in danger – today we have a driver ploughing ahead regardless.
>
> The result is a very close pass on the cyclist, who responds with some industrial language – perfectly understandable in the circumstances.
>
> Phil, the road.cc reader who sent the clip in, said: “I actually felt the air displacement as the door mirror passed my head/helmet.”
>
> https://road.cc/content/news/nmotd-703-close-pass-pinch-point-inc-swearing-289745

Note that Phil correctly uses the term "door mirror" - it seems my one man crusade on road.cc is working! :-)

Re: Near Miss of the Day 703: Very close pass at pinch point (video includes swearing)

<j55hfsFg283U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5249&group=uk.rec.cycling#5249

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
includes swearing)
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2022 17:27:24 +0000
 by: JNugent - Sun, 23 Jan 2022 17:27 UTC

> On Sunday, January 23, 2022 at 1:47:59 PM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

>> One of the most typical near misses we see in this series involves a driver overtaking a fairy-cyclist at a pinch point where the road narrows – and today’s offering from near Wrexham, north Wales, could not provide a bigger contrast to the one we featured yesterday.
>>
>> Both involve lorries and traffic islands but while in the video we featured yesterday, the driver went the wrong way around the island – which is of course illegal, but at least did not put the fairy-cyclist in danger – today we have a driver ploughing ahead regardless.
>>
>> The result is a very close pass on the fairy-cyclist, who responds with some industrial language – perfectly understandable in the circumstances.
>>
>> Phil, the road.cc reader who sent the clip in, said: “I actually felt the air displacement as the door mirror passed my head/helmet.”
>>
>> https://road.cc/content/news/nmotd-703-close-pass-pinch-point-inc-swearing-289745
>
> Note that Phil correctly uses the term "door mirror" - it seems my one man crusade on road.cc is working! :-)

But what does "Phil" know?

He's silly enough to wear a helmet, an absolute no-no for fairy-cyclists
expecting to be taken seriously by their peers.

Hasn't he heard that wearing a helmet is more dangerous than not wearing
one?

Re: Near Miss of the Day 703: Very close pass at pinch point (video includes swearing)

<6e5e964c-7018-4d50-8822-15319a72038bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5250&group=uk.rec.cycling#5250

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2022 09:32:41 -0800 (PST)
includes swearing)
From: cmike8...@gmail.com (Mike Collins)
 by: Mike Collins - Sun, 23 Jan 2022 17:32 UTC

On Sunday, 23 January 2022 at 15:48:13 UTC, JNugent wrote:
> On 23/01/2022 03:18 pm, Mike Collins wrote:

> >> He was wearing a helmet?
> >>
> >> Doesn't that make him a non-person in the fairy-cycling world?
> >
> > What is the fairy-cycling world?
> Come on... be reasonable...

Just answer the question. What is a fairy cyclist?

Re: Near Miss of the Day 703: Very close pass at pinch point (video includes swearing)

<ssk4s2$s8u$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5253&group=uk.rec.cycling#5253

From: MrPoun...@RationalThought.com (Mr Pounder Esquire)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Near Miss of the Day 703: Very close pass at pinch point (video includes swearing)
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2022 17:56:12 -0000
 by: Mr Pounder Esquire - Sun, 23 Jan 2022 17:56 UTC

swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Sunday, January 23, 2022 at 1:47:59 PM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com
> wrote:
>> One of the most typical near misses we see in this series involves a
>> driver overtaking a cyclist at a pinch point where the road narrows
>> - and today's offering from near Wrexham, north Wales, could not
>> provide a bigger contrast to the one we featured yesterday.
>>
>> Both involve lorries and traffic islands but while in the video we
>> featured yesterday, the driver went the wrong way around the island
>> - which is of course illegal, but at least did not put the cyclist
>> in danger - today we have a driver ploughing ahead regardless.
>>
>> The result is a very close pass on the cyclist, who responds with
>> some industrial language - perfectly understandable in the
>> circumstances.
>>
>> Phil, the road.cc reader who sent the clip in, said: "I actually
>> felt the air displacement as the door mirror passed my head/helmet."
>>
>> https://road.cc/content/news/nmotd-703-close-pass-pinch-point-inc-swearing-289745
>
> Note that Phil correctly uses the term "door mirror" - it seems my
> one man crusade on road.cc is working! :-)

Pillock.

Re: Near Miss of the Day 703: Very close pass at pinch point (video includes swearing)

<j566h2FjvoaU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5256&group=uk.rec.cycling#5256

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
includes swearing)
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2022 23:26:26 +0000
 by: JNugent - Sun, 23 Jan 2022 23:26 UTC

On 23/01/2022 05:32 pm, Mike Collins wrote:
> On Sunday, 23 January 2022 at 15:48:13 UTC, JNugent wrote:

>>> What is the fairy-cycling world?
>> Come on... be reasonable...
>
> Just answer the question. What is a fairy cyclist?

Don't worry about it.

Life is too short.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Near Miss of the Day 703: Very close pass at pinch point (video includes swearing)