Sigmund's wife wore Freudian slips.

aus+uk / uk.d-i-y / Re: yale lock problem

SubjectAuthor
* Re: yale lock problemNO LOCK CAN STOP ME
+* Re: yale lock problemAnimal
|+* Re: yale lock problemJeff Layman
||`* Re: yale lock problemAnimal
|| `* Re: yale lock problemalan_m
||  +- Re: yale lock problemSteve Walker
||  `* Re: yale lock problemThe Natural Philosopher
||   `* Re: yale lock problemalan_m
||    `* Re: yale lock problemThe Natural Philosopher
||     `- Re: yale lock problemAnimal
|`* Re: yale lock problemMartin Brown
| `* Re: yale lock problemRod Speed
|  `* Re: yale lock problemalan_m
|   `- Re: yale lock problemRod Speed
+* Re: yale lock problemalan_m
|+- Re: yale lock problemThomas Prufer
|`* Re: yale lock problemBob Eager
| `* Re: yale lock problemalan_m
|  `- Re: yale lock problemBob Eager
`- Re: yale lock problemNO LOCK CAN STOP ME

1
Re: yale lock problem

<16ee2cbcf861fd66$32$1164557$4636d863@news.newsgroupdirect.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=52318&group=uk.d-i-y#52318

From: 2a56c971...@example.com (NO LOCK CAN STOP ME)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: Re: yale lock problem
Date: Wed, 11 May 2022 22:15:03 +0000
 by: NO LOCK CAN STOP ME - Wed, 11 May 2022 22:15 UTC

The biggest fallacy in Lock making is thee so called 'YALE CYLINDER LOCK' You have certainly cut the stock to short during installation ...’But hey’ do not be to hard on yourself...... This lock is probably thee worse lock ever designed…. Because fundamentally it is not 'fail- safe'. literally millions of people have locked themselves out of there premises for the very reason it is unpracticable with human Nature... 'IT LOCKS YOU OUT…..' ‘Unless you remember the key and thus the story ends…’ P.S. THERE IS A WAY TO PREVENT THIS HAPPENING....Change the 'Throw that's thee Brass quarter round bit which helps you lock yourself out' to a rectangular Throw, Some Lock smiths will do this for you Others in order to sell you a new one,' Will not' its quite amassing how this lock has been constantly reproduced throughout history from Etas, Swan, and even the Winfield, ‘The Woolworth's version’.…

Best thing you can do my friend is put a metal blank where your Yale is and fit 2 x Mortice type locks on your door One 3 feet from the top and one 3 feet from the bottom of the door that way you will never lock yourself out and also secure your house much much more, Good day my friend and Bless you, Del, Retired Locksmith

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy/yale-lock-problem-567515-.htm

Re: yale lock problem

<907910f9-18e9-400e-8973-3eba158905bfn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=52321&group=uk.d-i-y#52321

Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Wed, 11 May 2022 17:41:15 -0700 (PDT)
From: tabbyp...@gmail.com (Animal)
 by: Animal - Thu, 12 May 2022 00:41 UTC

On Wednesday, 11 May 2022 at 23:15:07 UTC+1, NO LOCK CAN STOP ME wrote:

> The biggest fallacy in Lock making is thee so called 'YALE CYLINDER LOCK'

'YALE CYLINDER LOCK' is not a statement so can not be a fallacy

> You have certainly cut the stock to short during installation ...’But hey’ do not be to hard on yourself...... This lock is probably thee worse lock ever designed…. Because fundamentally it is not 'fail- safe'. literally millions of people have locked themselves out of there premises for the very reason it is unpracticable with human Nature... 'IT LOCKS YOU OUT…..' ‘Unless you remember the key and thus the story ends…’

People have practices to work round that, some reasonable, some not.

> P.S. THERE IS A WAY TO PREVENT THIS HAPPENING....Change the 'Throw that's thee Brass quarter round bit which helps you lock yourself out' to a rectangular Throw, Some Lock smiths will do this for you Others in order to sell you a new one,' Will not' its quite amassing how this lock has been constantly reproduced throughout history from Etas, Swan, and even the Winfield, ‘The Woolworth's version’.…
>
> Best thing you can do my friend is put a metal blank where your Yale is and fit 2 x Mortice type locks on your door One 3 feet from the top and one 3 feet from the bottom of the door

so on top of each other on a 6' door? Why would you put 2 close together anyway?

> that way you will never lock yourself out

Ah, finally a solution for losing your key? Or not.

> and also secure your house much much more,

It depends, I'd rather rely on a 5/6 pin yale than a 2 pin rimlock.

> Good day my friend and Bless you, Del, Retired Locksmith

Given all the foolish statements I doubt it

Re: yale lock problem

<je3dohFkie8U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=52322&group=uk.d-i-y#52322

From: jun...@admac.myzen.co.uk (alan_m)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Thu, 12 May 2022 04:37:53 +0100
 by: alan_m - Thu, 12 May 2022 03:37 UTC

On 11/05/2022 23:15, NO LOCK CAN STOP ME wrote:
> The biggest fallacy in Lock making is thee so called 'YALE CYLINDER
> LOCK' You have certainly cut the stock to short during installation
> ...’But hey’ do not be to hard on yourself...... This lock is probably
> thee worse lock ever designed…. Because fundamentally it is not
> 'fail-
> safe'.
> literally millions of people have locked themselves out of there
> premises for the very reason it is unpracticable with human Nature...
> 'IT LOCKS YOU OUT…..' ‘Unless you remember the key and thus the story
> ends…’
> P.S. THERE IS A WAY TO PREVENT THIS HAPPENING....Change the 'Throw
> that's thee Brass quarter round bit which helps you lock yourself
> out'     to a rectangular Throw,  Some Lock smiths will do this for you
> Others in order to sell you a new one,' Will not' its quite amassing how
> this lock has been constantly reproduced throughout history from Etas,
> Swan, and even the Winfield,  ‘The Woolworth's version’.…
> Best thing you can do my friend is put a metal blank where your Yale is
> and fit 2 x Mortice type locks on your door One 3 feet from the top and
> one 3 feet from the bottom of the door that way you will never lock
> yourself out and also secure your house much much more,  Good day my
> friend and Bless you, Del, Retired Locksmith

And with you method human nature says that 10s of millions of people
will not lock their doors when just popping out, especially if not
carrying a key on them (which includes all the people previously which
would have been locked out for not carrying a key)

What's wrong with keeping the key under the nearest flower pot? :)

Re: yale lock problem

<t5ibi8$a9h$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=52327&group=uk.d-i-y#52327

From: jmlay...@invalid.invalid (Jeff Layman)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Thu, 12 May 2022 08:04:39 +0100
 by: Jeff Layman - Thu, 12 May 2022 07:04 UTC

On 12/05/2022 01:41, Animal wrote:
> On Wednesday, 11 May 2022 at 23:15:07 UTC+1, NO LOCK CAN STOP ME wrote:

Why are you wasting your time replying to a post which itself is
replying to a post in HOH made almost 13 years ago on 25 Jun 2009?

--

Jeff

Re: yale lock problem

<t5icbk$1vav$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=52328&group=uk.d-i-y#52328

From: '''newsp...@nonad.co.uk (Martin Brown)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Thu, 12 May 2022 08:18:10 +0100
 by: Martin Brown - Thu, 12 May 2022 07:18 UTC

On 12/05/2022 01:41, Animal wrote:
> On Wednesday, 11 May 2022 at 23:15:07 UTC+1, NO LOCK CAN STOP ME wrote:
>
>> The biggest fallacy in Lock making is thee so called 'YALE CYLINDER LOCK'
>
> 'YALE CYLINDER LOCK' is not a statement so can not be a fallacy
>
>> You have certainly cut the stock to short during installation ...’But hey’ do not be to hard on yourself...... This lock is probably thee worse lock ever designed…. Because fundamentally it is not 'fail- safe'. literally millions of people have locked themselves out of there premises for the very reason it is unpracticable with human Nature... 'IT LOCKS YOU OUT…..' ‘Unless you remember the key and thus the story ends…’
>
> People have practices to work round that, some reasonable, some not.

There are Yale cylinder locks that have a passive catch behaviour unless
they are explicitly locked or deadlocked from the outside when you leave
the house. Then you have to remember to lock up.

Not all Yale cylinder locks are as primitive as Retired Locksmith thinks.

>> P.S. THERE IS A WAY TO PREVENT THIS HAPPENING....Change the 'Throw that's thee Brass quarter round bit which helps you lock yourself out' to a rectangular Throw, Some Lock smiths will do this for you Others in order to sell you a new one,' Will not' its quite amassing how this lock has been constantly reproduced throughout history from Etas, Swan, and even the Winfield, ‘The Woolworth's version’.…
>>
>> Best thing you can do my friend is put a metal blank where your Yale is and fit 2 x Mortice type locks on your door One 3 feet from the top and one 3 feet from the bottom of the door
>
> so on top of each other on a 6' door? Why would you put 2 close together anyway?

1/3 and 2/3 up the door would be about optimum.

>> that way you will never lock yourself out
>
> Ah, finally a solution for losing your key? Or not.
>
>> and also secure your house much much more,
>
> It depends, I'd rather rely on a 5/6 pin yale than a 2 pin rimlock.

Very little will stop someone who has the right expertise.

You can only slow them down by having more tumblers and a more precise
mechanical mechanism with less play in it.

Letting people who lock themselves out back into their homes is good
money for skilled locksmiths so I don't know why he is against them!
(the incompetents drill their way in which isn't at all skilful)

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

Re: yale lock problem

<9edp7hdqmli8rp3lui30cqabeop5v47dnc@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=52329&group=uk.d-i-y#52329

From: prufer.p...@mnet-online.de.invalid (Thomas Prufer)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Thu, 12 May 2022 09:23:12 +0200
 by: Thomas Prufer - Thu, 12 May 2022 07:23 UTC

On Thu, 12 May 2022 04:37:53 +0100, alan_m <junk@admac.myzen.co.uk> wrote:

>What's wrong with keeping the key under the nearest flower pot? :)

Because it belongs under the mat?

Thomas Prufer

Re: yale lock problem

<je3vcrFhj33U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=52332&group=uk.d-i-y#52332

From: news0...@eager.cx (Bob Eager)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: 12 May 2022 08:38:51 GMT
 by: Bob Eager - Thu, 12 May 2022 08:38 UTC

On Thu, 12 May 2022 04:37:53 +0100, alan_m wrote:

> And with you method human nature says that 10s of millions of people
> will not lock their doors when just popping out, especially if not
> carrying a key on them (which includes all the people previously which
> would have been locked out for not carrying a key)
>

> What's wrong with keeping the key under the nearest flower pot?

I can do an emergency release from my phone. With 2FA, of course.

Re: yale lock problem

<je40t8Fnv7cU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=52333&group=uk.d-i-y#52333

From: jun...@admac.myzen.co.uk (alan_m)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Thu, 12 May 2022 10:04:39 +0100
 by: alan_m - Thu, 12 May 2022 09:04 UTC

On 12/05/2022 09:38, Bob Eager wrote:
> On Thu, 12 May 2022 04:37:53 +0100, alan_m wrote:
>
>> And with you method human nature says that 10s of millions of people
>> will not lock their doors when just popping out, especially if not
>> carrying a key on them (which includes all the people previously which
>> would have been locked out for not carrying a key)
>>

>> What's wrong with keeping the key under the nearest flower pot?
>
> I can do an emergency release from my phone. With 2FA, of course.

I'm more likely to go out without my phone than without my key.

Re: yale lock problem

<op.1l1ungxybyq249@pvr2.lan>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=52335&group=uk.d-i-y#52335

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Thu, 12 May 2022 19:43:54 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Thu, 12 May 2022 09:43 UTC

Martin Brown <'''newspam'''@nonad.co.uk> wrote
> On 12/05/2022 01:41, Animal wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 11 May 2022 at 23:15:07 UTC+1, NO LOCK CAN STOP ME wrote:
>>
>>> The biggest fallacy in Lock making is thee so called 'YALE CYLINDER
>>> LOCK'
>> 'YALE CYLINDER LOCK' is not a statement so can not be a fallacy
>>
>>> You have certainly cut the stock to short during installation ...’But
>>> hey’ do not be to hard on yourself...... This lock is probably thee
>>> worse lock ever designed…. Because fundamentally it is not 'fail-
>>> safe'. literally millions of people have locked themselves out of
>>> there premises for the very reason it is unpracticable with human
>>> Nature... 'IT LOCKS YOU OUT…..' ‘Unless you remember the key and thus
>>> the story ends…’
>> People have practices to work round that, some reasonable, some not.
>
> There are Yale cylinder locks that have a passive catch behaviour unless
> they are explicitly locked or deadlocked from the outside when you leave
> the house. Then you have to remember to lock up.
>
> Not all Yale cylinder locks are as primitive as Retired Locksmith thinks.
>
>>> P.S. THERE IS A WAY TO PREVENT THIS HAPPENING....Change the 'Throw
>>> that's thee Brass quarter round bit which helps you lock yourself out'
>>> to a rectangular Throw, Some Lock smiths will do this for you Others
>>> in order to sell you a new one,' Will not' its quite amassing how this
>>> lock has been constantly reproduced throughout history from Etas,
>>> Swan, and even the Winfield, ‘The Woolworth's version’..…
>>>
>>> Best thing you can do my friend is put a metal blank where your Yale
>>> is and fit 2 x Mortice type locks on your door One 3 feet from the top
>>> and one 3 feet from the bottom of the door
>> so on top of each other on a 6' door? Why would you put 2 close
>> together anyway?
>
> 1/3 and 2/3 up the door would be about optimum.
>
>>> that way you will never lock yourself out
>> Ah, finally a solution for losing your key? Or not.
>>
>>> and also secure your house much much more,
>> It depends, I'd rather rely on a 5/6 pin yale than a 2 pin rimlock.
>
> Very little will stop someone who has the right expertise.
>
> You can only slow them down by having more tumblers and a more precise
> mechanical mechanism with less play in it.

You can also get a clue and use unhackable electronic lock instead.

> Letting people who lock themselves out back into their homes is good
> money for skilled locksmiths so I don't know why he is against them!

> (the incompetents drill their way in which isn't at all skilful)

Not even possible with the best electronic locks.

Re: yale lock problem

<je43mcFohbbU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=52336&group=uk.d-i-y#52336

From: jun...@admac.myzen.co.uk (alan_m)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Thu, 12 May 2022 10:52:11 +0100
 by: alan_m - Thu, 12 May 2022 09:52 UTC

On 12/05/2022 10:43, Rod Speed wrote:

> You can also get a clue and use unhackable electronic lock instead.

Often flawed in design. Although the electronics may be sophisticated
the lock itself has two wires to which power has to be applied and/or a
simple on/off switch/soleniod controlled by the electronics. You don't
even try and hack the electronics - you target the simple opening mechanism.

Re: yale lock problem

<op.1l1wd1vzbyq249@pvr2.lan>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=52346&group=uk.d-i-y#52346

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Thu, 12 May 2022 20:21:27 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Thu, 12 May 2022 10:21 UTC

alan_m <junk@admac.myzen.co.uk> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote

>> You can also get a clue and use unhackable electronic lock instead.

> Often flawed in design.

Trivial to get one that isn't.

> Although the electronics may be sophisticated the lock itself has two
> wires to which power has to be applied and/or a simple on/off
> switch/soleniod controlled by the electronics. You don't even try and
> hack the electronics - you target the simple opening mechanism.

Trivial to avoid that being possible.

Re: yale lock problem

<je4fdfFhj33U3@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=52363&group=uk.d-i-y#52363

From: news0...@eager.cx (Bob Eager)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: 12 May 2022 13:12:15 GMT
 by: Bob Eager - Thu, 12 May 2022 13:12 UTC

On Thu, 12 May 2022 10:04:39 +0100, alan_m wrote:

> On 12/05/2022 09:38, Bob Eager wrote:
>> On Thu, 12 May 2022 04:37:53 +0100, alan_m wrote:
>>
>>> And with you method human nature says that 10s of millions of people
>>> will not lock their doors when just popping out, especially if not
>>> carrying a key on them (which includes all the people previously which
>>> would have been locked out for not carrying a key)
>>>

>>> What's wrong with keeping the key under the nearest flower pot?
>>
>> I can do an emergency release from my phone. With 2FA, of course.
>>

> I'm more likely to go out without my phone than without my key.

The rest of the family have phones, and they don't need to be near. (I
opened the door when we were on holiday as son had locked himself out and
forgotten his phone - he used neighbour's phone to call)

Re: yale lock problem

<16ee6a3b0aff0cc2$1$632451$4296dcc3@news.newsgroupdirect.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=52376&group=uk.d-i-y#52376

From: 2a56c971...@example.com (NO LOCK CAN STOP ME)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Thu, 12 May 2022 17:01:55 +0000
 by: NO LOCK CAN STOP ME - Thu, 12 May 2022 17:01 UTC

Sorry should have said 2 feet from the top,Del.

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy/yale-lock-problem-567515-.htm

Re: yale lock problem

<d6157f5d-262c-44bd-bbc0-29229f2a572an@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=52394&group=uk.d-i-y#52394

Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Thu, 12 May 2022 14:03:01 -0700 (PDT)
From: tabbyp...@gmail.com (Animal)
 by: Animal - Thu, 12 May 2022 21:03 UTC

On Thursday, 12 May 2022 at 08:04:45 UTC+1, Jeff Layman wrote:
> On 12/05/2022 01:41, Animal wrote:
> > On Wednesday, 11 May 2022 at 23:15:07 UTC+1, NO LOCK CAN STOP ME wrote:
> Why are you wasting your time replying to a post which itself is
> replying to a post in HOH made almost 13 years ago on 25 Jun 2009?

The thread responses answer that. Lock security is as relevant today as it was in 09

Re: yale lock problem

<je5c64F1h05U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=52398&group=uk.d-i-y#52398

From: jun...@admac.myzen.co.uk (alan_m)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Thu, 12 May 2022 22:23:15 +0100
 by: alan_m - Thu, 12 May 2022 21:23 UTC

On 12/05/2022 22:03, Animal wrote:
> On Thursday, 12 May 2022 at 08:04:45 UTC+1, Jeff Layman wrote:
>> On 12/05/2022 01:41, Animal wrote:
>>> On Wednesday, 11 May 2022 at 23:15:07 UTC+1, NO LOCK CAN STOP ME wrote:
>> Why are you wasting your time replying to a post which itself is
>> replying to a post in HOH made almost 13 years ago on 25 Jun 2009?
>
> The thread responses answer that. Lock security is as relevant today as it was in 09

The many Youtube videos by the LockPickingLawyer ,and similar, seem that
over the years the security of the locks fitted to front doors hasn't
improved but the tools and instructions for opening have.

Lock picking with a toothbrush :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEdJH2tBDfo

Re: yale lock problem

<t5k0ui$lth$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=52400&group=uk.d-i-y#52400

From: ste...@walker-family.me.uk (Steve Walker)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Thu, 12 May 2022 23:15:47 +0100
 by: Steve Walker - Thu, 12 May 2022 22:15 UTC

On 12/05/2022 22:23, alan_m wrote:
> On 12/05/2022 22:03, Animal wrote:
>>> Why are you wasting your time replying to a post which itself is
>>> replying to a post in HOH made almost 13 years ago on 25 Jun 2009?
>>
>> The thread responses answer that. Lock security is as relevant today
>> as it was in 09
>
> The many Youtube videos by the LockPickingLawyer ,and similar, seem that
> over the years the security of the locks fitted to front doors hasn't
> improved but the tools and instructions for opening have.
>
> Lock picking with a toothbrush :)
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEdJH2tBDfo

I'll let my son know about that. He's currently doing a degree in
cybersecurity and forensics and for some reason, both as part of the
course and as part of his membership of the Hacking Society, they've
been doing lock picking.

Re: yale lock problem

<t5lkvq$r6i$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=52421&group=uk.d-i-y#52421

From: tnp...@invalid.invalid (The Natural Philosopher)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Fri, 13 May 2022 14:03:53 +0100
 by: The Natural Philosop - Fri, 13 May 2022 13:03 UTC

On 12/05/2022 22:23, alan_m wrote:
> On 12/05/2022 22:03, Animal wrote:
>>> Why are you wasting your time replying to a post which itself is
>>> replying to a post in HOH made almost 13 years ago on 25 Jun 2009?
>>
>> The thread responses answer that. Lock security is as relevant today
>> as it was in 09
>
> The many Youtube videos by the LockPickingLawyer ,and similar, seem that
> over the years the security of the locks fitted to front doors hasn't
> improved but the tools and instructions for opening have.
>
> Lock picking with a toothbrush :)
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEdJH2tBDfo

No sign of a Chubb type of lock being picked though is there?

Mark Twain

Re: yale lock problem

<je78toFcec9U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=52439&group=uk.d-i-y#52439

From: jun...@admac.myzen.co.uk (alan_m)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Fri, 13 May 2022 15:39:51 +0100
 by: alan_m - Fri, 13 May 2022 14:39 UTC

> On 12/05/2022 22:23, alan_m wrote:
>>>
>>> The thread responses answer that. Lock security is as relevant today
>>> as it was in 09
>>
>> The many Youtube videos by the LockPickingLawyer ,and similar, seem
>> that over the years the security of the locks fitted to front doors
>> hasn't improved but the tools and instructions for opening have.
>>
>> Lock picking with a toothbrush :)
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEdJH2tBDfo
>>
> No sign of a Chubb type of lock being picked though is there?

He has opened a couple of chub padlocks with ease.

Re: yale lock problem

<t5ltpk$292$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=52446&group=uk.d-i-y#52446

From: tnp...@invalid.invalid (The Natural Philosopher)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Fri, 13 May 2022 16:34:12 +0100
 by: The Natural Philosop - Fri, 13 May 2022 15:34 UTC

On 13/05/2022 15:39, alan_m wrote:
> On 13/05/2022 14:03, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

>>> The many Youtube videos by the LockPickingLawyer ,and similar, seem
>>> that over the years the security of the locks fitted to front doors
>>> hasn't improved but the tools and instructions for opening have.
>>>
>>> Lock picking with a toothbrush :)
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEdJH2tBDfo
>>>
>> No sign of a Chubb type of lock being picked though is there?
>>

> He has opened a couple of chub padlocks with ease.

I am talking about 5 lever deadlocks.

https://www.lockmonster.co.uk/item/chubb-mortice-sashlock-insurance-approved-bs3621-3k74e

for example.

We did mange from *inside* to crack one of these - with a reciprocating
hacksaw. Cut off the lock tongue which isn't easy.

--
“It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established
authorities are wrong.”

― Voltaire, The Age of Louis XIV

Re: yale lock problem

<f8fb5ea9-a7b8-49fe-a14f-a9a7cf338558n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=52452&group=uk.d-i-y#52452

Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Fri, 13 May 2022 09:17:56 -0700 (PDT)
From: tabbyp...@gmail.com (Animal)
 by: Animal - Fri, 13 May 2022 16:17 UTC

On Friday, 13 May 2022 at 16:34:16 UTC+1, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
> On 13/05/2022 15:39, alan_m wrote:

> >> No sign of a Chubb type of lock being picked though is there?
> >>

> > He has opened a couple of chub padlocks with ease.
> >

> I am talking about 5 lever deadlocks.
>
> https://www.lockmonster.co.uk/item/chubb-mortice-sashlock-insurance-approved-bs3621-3k74e
>
> for example.
>
> We did mange from *inside* to crack one of these - with a reciprocating
> hacksaw. Cut off the lock tongue which isn't easy.

easier to bust the frame.