Progress means replacing a theory that is wrong with one more subtly wrong.

aus+uk / uk.people.silversurfers / Re: Driving licence photo (be aware)

SubjectAuthor
* Driving licence photo (be aware)Jim the Geordie
+* Driving licence photo (be aware)Smokey
|+* Driving licence photo (be aware)Jim the Geordie
||`- Driving licence photo (be aware)charles
|`* Driving licence photo (be aware)Awchy
| `- Driving licence photo (be aware)Jim the Geordie
`- Driving licence photo (be aware)Indy Jess John

1
Driving licence photo (be aware)

<MPG.3e0ec5582b3099eb9896e4@news.eternal-september.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5225&group=uk.people.silversurfers#5225

From: jim...@jimXscott.co.uk (Jim the Geordie)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Subject: Driving licence photo (be aware)
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2022 19:50:25 -0000
 by: Jim the Geordie - Thu, 22 Dec 2022 19:50 UTC

I applied for my 5th old folks driving licence renewal and this time
they asked for a new photo. I printed out one from my pc and they
rejected it as there was a tiny mark. Sent and they didn't like that as
it was not sharp enoughn and 0.5 mm too short.
I then ran out of ink so went and had one (actually 4) done at Max
Spielman (aka Timspson's)
It was all very professional, taken with a hand camera and sized by the
lady on a computer.
Lets hope they accept it this time as it (they) cost £11.99
Anyone want 3 photos of me ;o?

--
Jim the Geordie

Re: Driving licence photo (be aware)

<k0luopFjsduU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5228&group=uk.people.silversurfers#5228

From: me...@privacy.net (Smokey)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Subject: Re: Driving licence photo (be aware)
Date: 23 Dec 2022 15:11:21 GMT
 by: Smokey - Fri, 23 Dec 2022 15:11 UTC

Jim the Geordie <jim@jimXscott.co.uk> wrote:
> I applied for my 5th old folks driving licence renewal and this time
> they asked for a new photo. I printed out one from my pc and they
> rejected it as there was a tiny mark. Sent and they didn't like that as
> it was not sharp enoughn and 0.5 mm too short.
> I then ran out of ink so went and had one (actually 4) done at Max
> Spielman (aka Timspson's)
> It was all very professional, taken with a hand camera and sized by the
> lady on a computer.
> Lets hope they accept it this time as it (they) cost £11.99
> Anyone want 3 photos of me ;o?

Keep one for a passport ..:-)

--
§mokey

Re: Driving licence photo (be aware)

<to4lnj$sja$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5230&group=uk.people.silversurfers#5230

From: bathwa...@OMITyahoo.co.uk (Indy Jess John)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2022 16:41:25 +0000
 by: Indy Jess John - Fri, 23 Dec 2022 16:41 UTC

On 22/12/2022 19:50, Jim the Geordie wrote:
> I applied for my 5th old folks driving licence renewal and this time
> they asked for a new photo. I printed out one from my pc and they
> rejected it as there was a tiny mark. Sent and they didn't like that as
> it was not sharp enoughn and 0.5 mm too short.
> I then ran out of ink so went and had one (actually 4) done at Max
> Spielman (aka Timspson's)
> It was all very professional, taken with a hand camera and sized by the
> lady on a computer.
> Lets hope they accept it this time as it (they) cost £11.99
> Anyone want 3 photos of me ;o?

When I needed a photo for my first licence after my paper one expired on
my 70th birthday I used one from a "Photo Me" booth and they accepted
that. They accepted a scan of the second of the set of four for my next
licence too. Whether they do that again when that one expires remains
to be seen.

Jim

Re: Driving licence photo (be aware)

<MPG.3e0ffca512a9eb939896e6@news.eternal-september.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5231&group=uk.people.silversurfers#5231

From: jim...@jimXscott.co.uk (Jim the Geordie)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2022 17:58:33 -0000
 by: Jim the Geordie - Fri, 23 Dec 2022 17:58 UTC

In article <k0luopFjsduU1@mid.individual.net>, me@privacy.net says...

> Jim the Geordie <jim@jimXscott.co.uk> wrote:
> > I applied for my 5th old folks driving licence renewal and this time
> > they asked for a new photo. I printed out one from my pc and they
> > rejected it as there was a tiny mark. Sent and they didn't like that as
> > it was not sharp enoughn and 0.5 mm too short.
> > I then ran out of ink so went and had one (actually 4) done at Max
> > Spielman (aka Timspson's)
> > It was all very professional, taken with a hand camera and sized by the
> > lady on a computer.
> > Lets hope they accept it this time as it (they) cost £11.99
> > Anyone want 3 photos of me ;o?
> >

> Keep one for a passport ..:-)

It expired in 1956

--
Jim the Geordie

Re: Driving licence photo (be aware)

<5a5b6b2368charles@candehope.me.uk>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5232&group=uk.people.silversurfers#5232

From: char...@candehope.me.uk (charles)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2022 18:14:07 +0000 (GMT)
 by: charles - Fri, 23 Dec 2022 18:14 UTC

In article <MPG.3e0ffca512a9eb939896e6@news.eternal-september.org>, Jim the
Geordie <jim@jimXscott.co.uk> wrote:
> In article <k0luopFjsduU1@mid.individual.net>, me@privacy.net says...
> >
> > Jim the Geordie <jim@jimXscott.co.uk> wrote:
> > > I applied for my 5th old folks driving licence renewal and this time
> > > they asked for a new photo. I printed out one from my pc and they
> > > rejected it as there was a tiny mark. Sent and they didn't like that
> > > as it was not sharp enoughn and 0.5 mm too short. I then ran out of
> > > ink so went and had one (actually 4) done at Max Spielman (aka
> > > Timspson's) It was all very professional, taken with a hand camera
> > > and sized by the lady on a computer. Lets hope they accept it this
> > > time as it (they) cost £11.99 Anyone want 3 photos of me ;o?
> > >

> > Keep one for a passport ..:-)

> It expired in 1956

then you'll certainly need a new photo

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England - sent from my RISC OS 4té

Re: Driving licence photo (be aware)

<toc39f$38tf6$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5239&group=uk.people.silversurfers#5239

From: awc...@proton.me (Awchy)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2022 12:15:43 +0000
 by: Awchy - Mon, 26 Dec 2022 12:15 UTC

On 23/12/2022 15:11, Smokey wrote:
> Jim the Geordie <jim@jimXscott.co.uk> wrote:
>> I applied for my 5th old folks driving licence renewal and this time
>> they asked for a new photo. I printed out one from my pc and they
>> rejected it as there was a tiny mark. Sent and they didn't like that as
>> it was not sharp enoughn and 0.5 mm too short.
>> I then ran out of ink so went and had one (actually 4) done at Max
>> Spielman (aka Timspson's)
>> It was all very professional, taken with a hand camera and sized by the
>> lady on a computer.
>> Lets hope they accept it this time as it (they) cost £11.99
>> Anyone want 3 photos of me ;o?
>>

> Keep one for a passport ..:-)

Can't remember which way round mine was, I renewed both passport and
they shared the one image for both.

So you'd still have three spares.

Re: Driving licence photo (be aware)

<MPG.3e13f75984e9e209896e7@news.eternal-september.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5240&group=uk.people.silversurfers#5240

From: jim...@jimXscott.co.uk (Jim the Geordie)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2022 18:25:01 -0000
 by: Jim the Geordie - Mon, 26 Dec 2022 18:25 UTC

In article <toc39f$38tf6$1@dont-email.me>, awchy@proton.me says...

> On 23/12/2022 15:11, Smokey wrote:
> > Jim the Geordie <jim@jimXscott.co.uk> wrote:
> >> I applied for my 5th old folks driving licence renewal and this time
> >> they asked for a new photo. I printed out one from my pc and they
> >> rejected it as there was a tiny mark. Sent and they didn't like that as
> >> it was not sharp enoughn and 0.5 mm too short.
> >> I then ran out of ink so went and had one (actually 4) done at Max
> >> Spielman (aka Timspson's)
> >> It was all very professional, taken with a hand camera and sized by the
> >> lady on a computer.
> >> Lets hope they accept it this time as it (they) cost £11.99
> >> Anyone want 3 photos of me ;o?
> >>

> > Keep one for a passport ..:-)
> >
> Can't remember which way round mine was, I renewed both passport and
> they shared the one image for both.
>
> So you'd still have three spares.

Disabled (blue) badges need one. However they don't seem fussy as mine
came back tall and thin, but it's the side that nobody sees.

--
Jim the Geordie