All constants are variables.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Real Dumb Gay Masochistic Little Cyclist Alert!

SubjectAuthor
* Government slammed for not informing public of Highway Code changesswldx...@gmail.com
`* Re: Government slammed for not informing public of Highway CodeJNugent
 `* Re: Government slammed for not informing public of Highway Code changes aimed atMr Pounder Esquire
  `* Re: Government slammed for not informing public of Highway CodePeter Keller
   +* Re: Government slammed for not informing public of Highway Code changes aimed atMr Pounder Esquire
   |`- Re: Government slammed for not informing public of Highway CodePeter Keller
   `- Re: Real Dumb Gay Masochistic Little Cyclist Alert!Peter Keller

1
Government slammed for not informing public of Highway Code changes aimed at protecting cyclists and pedestrians just days before they come into effect

<77a099bb-5a7b-498a-a95f-5f47978232f7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5192&group=uk.rec.cycling#5192

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2022 06:00:31 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Government slammed for not informing public of Highway Code changes
aimed at protecting cyclists and pedestrians just days before they come into effect
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 22 Jan 2022 14:00 UTC

The government has been strongly criticised for its lack of communication to the public of key changes taking place to the Highway Code aimed at protecting vulnerable road users, with a senior Labour politician saying that they will be “totally meaningless” if people are not aware of them.

Meanwhile, a poll of more than 13,700 of its members by the AA earlier this month found that one in three (33 per cent) did not known that the Highway Code is being changed, and 4 per cent said they had “no intention” of refreshing their knowledge of the guidance, reports Sky News (link is external).

Subject to Parliamentary approval, the new rules include:

Establishing a new Hierarchy of Road Users, meaning that those posing the greatest risk to others have a greater degree of responsibility – ie motorists to people on bike or foot, or cyclists to pedestrians.
The introduction of a minimum 1.5-metre passing distance for motorists overtaking cyclists.
Recommending the ‘Dutch Reach’ to drivers and other occupants of motor vehicles to avoid cyclists being ‘doored’.
Simplification of rules regarding non-signalised junctions aimed at preventing crashes where drivers ‘left-hook’ cyclists.
Clarification that cyclists are allowed to ride two abreast – and that it is often safer for them to do so.

But Jack Cousens, AA head of roads policy, said: “With a week to go, too many drivers are unaware of the new rules of the road.

“While the government formally announced these changes last summer, they have been far too silent in promoting them.

“Shockingly, one in 25 drivers say (sic) they have no intention of looking at the new rules.

“These changes affect everyone, so we encourage people to read the updated code now so we can make our roads safer.”

Labour MP Louise Haigh, the Shadow Transport Secretary, said that the changes to the Highway Code would be “totally meaningless” if people were not made aware of them.

“Incredibly, ministers haven’t even begun telling the public about these major changes,” she said.

“A comprehensive national safety campaign is needed to keep cyclists safe on our roads, but ministers are missing in action.”

Last month, Duncan Dollimore, head of campaigns at Cycling UK, urged the government to run a publicity campaign to make the public aware of the impending changes.

> Public must be told about Highway Code changes, says Cycling UK

He said: “Cycling UK is concerned the forthcoming improvements to road safety outlined in the latest revision of the Highway Code, which will benefit everyone, are not being communicated through official channels.

“In a month’s time, our Highway Code should change for the better, but these changes will be of limited benefit if the public aren’t aware of them.”

However, a DfT spokesperson said: “The proposed upcoming changes to the Highway Code will improve safety for cyclists, pedestrians and horse riders and were announced to national press.

“The department has established a working group of key organisations to ensure that messages about the changes are as widespread as possible and our well-established Think! campaign will continue to ensure all road users are aware both when these changes come into effect and beyond.”

https://road.cc/content/news/govt-slammed-not-telling-public-highway-code-changes-289737

Re: Government slammed for not informing public of Highway Code changes aimed at protecting fairy-cyclists and pedestrians just days before they come into effect

<j52i06Ft3lnU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5194&group=uk.rec.cycling#5194

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Government slammed for not informing public of Highway Code
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2022 14:17:42 +0000
 by: JNugent - Sat, 22 Jan 2022 14:17 UTC

> [...]
>
> He said: “Fairy-Cycling UK is concerned the forthcoming improvements to road safety outlined in the latest revision of the Highway Code, which will benefit everyone, are not being communicated through official channels.
>
> “In a month’s time, our Highway Code should change for the better, but these changes will be of limited benefit if the public aren’t aware of them.”
>
> However, a DfT spokesperson said: “The proposed upcoming changes to the Highway Code will improve safety for fairy-cyclists, pedestrians and horse riders and were announced to national press.
>
> “The department has established a working group of key organisations to ensure that messages about the changes are as widespread as possible and our well-established Think! campaign will continue to ensure all road users are aware both when these changes come into effect and beyond.”

These much-vaunted "changes" to the Highway Code are one thing. The law
is another.

So please, just quote the relevant recent amendments to the Road Traffic
Acts and associated Statutory Instruments.

There have *been* recent amendments to the Road Traffic Acts and
associated Statutory Instruments, haven't there?

Re: Government slammed for not informing public of Highway Code changes aimed at protecting fairy-cyclists and pedestrians just days before they come into effect

<ssh9o0$9t8$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5195&group=uk.rec.cycling#5195

From: MrPoun...@RationalThought.com (Mr Pounder Esquire)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Government slammed for not informing public of Highway Code changes aimed at protecting fairy-cyclists and pedestrians just days before they come into effect
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2022 16:01:01 -0000
 by: Mr Pounder Esquire - Sat, 22 Jan 2022 16:01 UTC

JNugent wrote:
> [...]
>> the Highway Code will improve safety for fairy-cyclists, pedestrians
>> and horse riders and were announced to national press. "The department
>> has established a working group of key organisations
>> to ensure that messages about the changes are as widespread as
>> possible and our well-established Think! campaign will continue to
>> ensure all road users are aware both when these changes come into
>> effect and beyond."
>> https://road.cc/content/news/govt-slammed-not-telling-public-highway-code-changes-289737
>
> These much-vaunted "changes" to the Highway Code are one thing. The
> law is another.
>
> So please, just quote the relevant recent amendments to the Road
> Traffic Acts and associated Statutory Instruments.
>
> There have *been* recent amendments to the Road Traffic Acts and
> associated Statutory Instruments, haven't there?

Best not to feed the boring council estate cunt who has never had a fuck and
never will do.
Most cylists are the same.

Re: Government slammed for not informing public of Highway Code changes aimed at protecting fairy-cyclists and pedestrians just days before they come into effect

<ssj5q0$8ej$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5216&group=uk.rec.cycling#5216

From: muzhm...@centrum.sk (Peter Keller)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2022 22:06:08 +1300
 by: Peter Keller - Sun, 23 Jan 2022 09:06 UTC

On 23/01/22 05:01, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
> Best not to feed the boring council estate cunt who has never had a fuck and
> never will do.
> Most cylists are the same.

Pounder slime can be defined as the material that is formed when Pounder
forcefully releases the glandular contents of his numerous slime glands
into seawater.

Re: Government slammed for not informing public of Highway Code changes aimed at protecting fairy-cyclists and pedestrians just days before they come into effect

<ssjc8r$hl1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5227&group=uk.rec.cycling#5227

From: MrPoun...@RationalThought.com (Mr Pounder Esquire)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2022 10:56:21 -0000
 by: Mr Pounder Esquire - Sun, 23 Jan 2022 10:56 UTC

Peter Keller wrote:
> On 23/01/22 05:01, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
>> Best not to feed the boring council estate cunt who has never had a
>> fuck and never will do.
>> Most cylists are the same.
>
> Pounder slime can be defined as the material that is formed when
> Pounder forcefully releases the glandular contents of his numerous
> slime glands into seawater.

Fucking hell! You are so full of copy and paste shit.

Re: Government slammed for not informing public of Highway Code changes aimed at protecting fairy-cyclists and pedestrians just days before they come into effect

<sslmv9$l0m$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5263&group=uk.rec.cycling#5263

From: muzhm...@centrum.sk (Peter Keller)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2022 21:11:19 +1300
 by: Peter Keller - Mon, 24 Jan 2022 08:11 UTC

On 23/01/22 23:56, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
> Peter Keller wrote:
>> On 23/01/22 05:01, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
>>> Best not to feed the boring council estate cunt who has never had a
>>> fuck and never will do.
>>> Most cylists are the same.
>>
>> Pounder slime can be defined as the material that is formed when
>> Pounder forcefully releases the glandular contents of his numerous
>> slime glands into seawater.
>

> Fucking hell! You are so full of copy and paste shit.

Any time --

Pounder is commonly viewed as a nuisance to fishermen, both as a slimy
bycatch and because he will prey on captured fish before they are pulled
to the surface.

Re: Real Dumb Gay Masochistic Little Cyclist Alert!

<ssln57$luf$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5264&group=uk.rec.cycling#5264

From: muzhm...@centrum.sk (Peter Keller)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Real Dumb Gay Masochistic Little Cyclist Alert!
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2022 21:14:29 +1300
 by: Peter Keller - Mon, 24 Jan 2022 08:14 UTC

On 23/01/22 23:06, Peeler wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Jan 2022 22:06:08 +1300, Peter Keller, the dumb gay masochistic
> little cyclist, blabbered again:
>

>> Pounder slime can be defined as the material that is formed when Pounder
>> forcefully releases the glandular contents of his numerous slime glands
>> into seawater.
>
> More useless and retarded NONSENSE by the resident dumb gay masochistic
> little cyclist! <G>

Peeler is widely considered the most disgusting animal in the ocean, if
not on earth. The eel-shaped creature uses four pairs of thin sensory
tentacles surrounding his mouth to find food—including carcasses of much
larger animals. Once he finds hi meal, he buries into it face-first to
bore a tunnel deep into its flesh.