One learns to itch where one can scratch. -- Ernest Bramah

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Another motorist spotted with 'cyclist tally' decal

SubjectAuthor
* Another motorist spotted with 'cyclist tally' decalswldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: Another motorist spotted with 'fairy-cyclist tally' decalJNugent
+- Re: Another motorist spotted with 'cyclist tally' decalswldx...@gmail.com
`* Re: Another motorist spotted with 'cyclist tally' decalswldx...@gmail.com
 `* Re: Another motorist spotted with 'cyclist tally' decalMr Pounder Esquire
  +* Re: Another motorist spotted with 'cyclist tally' decalswldx...@gmail.com
  |`* Re: Another motorist spotted with 'fairy-cyclist tally' decalJNugent
  | +* Re: Another motorist spotted with 'fairy-cyclist tally' decalPeter Keller
  | |`- Re: Another motorist spotted with 'fairy-cyclist tally' decalJNugent
  | `* Re: Another motorist spotted with 'fairy-cyclist tally' decalMike Collins
  |  `- Re: Another motorist spotted with 'fairy-cyclist tally' decalJNugent
  `* Re: Another motorist spotted with 'cyclist tally' decalPeter Keller
   `- Re: Real Dumb Gay Masochistic Little Cyclist Alert!Peter Keller

1
Another motorist spotted with 'cyclist tally' decal

<7523c7a8-41c2-48fc-bb21-8a862a661b6cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5316&group=uk.rec.cycling#5316

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2022 03:12:36 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Another motorist spotted with 'cyclist tally' decal
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 27 Jan 2022 11:12 UTC

Remember back in December when Capita apologised for an "offensive and inappropriate" decal snapped by a road.cc reader on the side of one of its highway maintenance vans?
Capita van

Well, there's another one...this time noticed by a road.cc reader on a passing BMW in north London. The picture at the top of this live blog isn't entirely clear, but Paul tells us "you can just make out the bottom right bumper, its a tally sheet for cyclists, pedestrians, disabled persons and horse riders hit, killed or injured.
Cyclist tally (image supplied)

"I wouldn't want to encourage anything untoward but can you publish attached photo taken in green lanes north London? You never know they might see it and the error of their ways and remove it. Not sure I can describe the emotions I felt but it took great self control not to follow and remonstrate."

Last month, Capita confirmed a disciplinary process had been opened and the offending sticker, similar to the markings denoting enemy planes shot down that pilots would display on the side of their aircraft during World War Two, removed from their van.

https://road.cc/content/news/another-motorist-spotted-cyclist-tally-decal-289849#live-blog-item-31231

Re: Another motorist spotted with 'fairy-cyclist tally' decal

<j5fiv2Fds3uU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5317&group=uk.rec.cycling#5317

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Another motorist spotted with 'fairy-cyclist tally' decal
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2022 12:53:53 +0000
 by: JNugent - Thu, 27 Jan 2022 12:53 UTC

On 27/01/2022 11:12 am, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> Remember back in December when Capita apologised for an "offensive and inappropriate" decal snapped by a road.cc reader on the side of one of its highway maintenance vans?
> Capita van
>
> Well, there's another one...this time noticed by a road.cc reader on a passing BMW in north London. The picture at the top of this live blog isn't entirely clear, but Paul tells us "you can just make out the bottom right bumper, its a tally sheet for fairy-cyclists, pedestrians, disabled persons and horse riders hit, killed or injured.
> Cyclist tally (image supplied)
>
> "I wouldn't want to encourage anything untoward but can you publish attached photo taken in green lanes north London? You never know they might see it and the error of their ways and remove it. Not sure I can describe the emotions I felt but it took great self control not to follow and remonstrate."
>
> Last month, Capita confirmed a disciplinary process had been opened and the offending sticker, similar to the markings denoting enemy planes shot down that pilots would display on the side of their aircraft during World War Two, removed from their van.
>
> https://road.cc/content/news/another-motorist-spotted-cyclist-tally-decal-289849#live-blog-item-31231

The image referenced above shows *nothing* at all about *pedestrians* or
*equestrians*.

The image can be seen (completely SFW) at: <https://ibb.co/f1VVDHn>.

So "...its a tally sheet for fairy-cyclists, pedestrians, disabled
persons and horse riders hit, killed or injured..." is at once:

(a) an outright *lie* (pedestrians and equestrians) and

(b) a fantasy.

It is fantasy because neither you nor the semi-literate who wrote the
road.cc "report" can say what the graphic represents. You simply don't
know what it represents. You may "think" (hah!) that you do, but you
don't. In order to know that, you would have to ask the person who drew
it and/or the person who displays it.

Have you asked either person?

Re: Another motorist spotted with 'cyclist tally' decal

<03e6ffbb-aa49-4699-8574-c9670bcd7652n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5318&group=uk.rec.cycling#5318

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2022 06:02:59 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 27 Jan 2022 14:02 UTC

On Thursday, January 27, 2022 at 11:12:37 AM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
Pyro Tim replied to Captain Badger | 114 posts | 1 hour ago
0 likes

Captain Badger wrote:

Pyro Tim wrote:

wonder if I should have a tally for wing/door/side mirrors from close passers?

Would have to be a very small sticker, to fit on your frame. Although you could do a really long tally along the crossbar.

was thinking a jersey with it on, but I'd need the tally to go down the sleeve :-)

Re: Another motorist spotted with 'cyclist tally' decal

<7bc466f5-3d2d-4a0d-82da-2391e3297ffen@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5319&group=uk.rec.cycling#5319

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2022 09:14:16 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 27 Jan 2022 17:14 UTC

On Thursday, January 27, 2022 at 11:12:37 AM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
"you can just make out the bottom right bumper, its a tally sheet for cyclists, pedestrians, disabled persons and horse riders hit, killed or injured.

Here it is: https://cdn.road.cc/sites/default/files/styles/main_width/public/20220121125150-1_0.jpg

Re: Another motorist spotted with 'cyclist tally' decal

<ssumnh$fkf$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5320&group=uk.rec.cycling#5320

From: MrPoun...@RationalThought.com (Mr Pounder Esquire)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2022 18:02:05 -0000
 by: Mr Pounder Esquire - Thu, 27 Jan 2022 18:02 UTC

swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Thursday, January 27, 2022 at 11:12:37 AM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com
> wrote: "you can just make out the bottom right bumper, its a tally
> sheet for cyclists, pedestrians, disabled persons and horse riders
> hit, killed or injured.
>
> Here it is:
> https://cdn.road.cc/sites/default/files/styles/main_width/public/20220121125150-1_0.jpg

Boring cunt.

Re: Another motorist spotted with 'cyclist tally' decal

<8788484b-8f49-4c85-95d2-7f02ac08494an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5321&group=uk.rec.cycling#5321

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2022 10:10:07 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 27 Jan 2022 18:10 UTC

On Thursday, January 27, 2022 at 6:02:27 PM UTC, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
> swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> > On Thursday, January 27, 2022 at 11:12:37 AM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com
> > wrote: "you can just make out the bottom right bumper, its a tally
> > sheet for cyclists, pedestrians, disabled persons and horse riders
> > hit, killed or injured.
> >
> > Here it is:
> > https://cdn.road.cc/sites/default/files/styles/main_width/public/20220121125150-1_0.jpg
> Boring cunt.

What sicko has a tally of the number of disabled people in wheelchairs that he has killed on his boot?

Re: Another motorist spotted with 'fairy-cyclist tally' decal

<j5gfiaFj9ggU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5327&group=uk.rec.cycling#5327

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2022 21:02:02 +0000
 by: JNugent - Thu, 27 Jan 2022 21:02 UTC

> On Thursday, January 27, 2022 at 6:02:27 PM UTC, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
>> swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>>> On Thursday, January 27, 2022 at 11:12:37 AM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com
>>> wrote:

>>> "you can just make out the bottom right bumper, its a tally
>>> sheet for fairy-cyclists, pedestrians, disabled persons and horse riders
>>> hit, killed or injured.
>>>
>>> Here it is:
>>> https://cdn.road.cc/sites/default/files/styles/main_width/public/20220121125150-1_0.jpg

And some people are stupid enough to believe it.

It must make you green with envy when you see one of those "My other car
is a Porsche" stickers on the rear screen of a Skoda.

>> Boring cunt.
>
> What sicko has a tally of the number of disabled people in wheelchairs that he has killed on his boot?

Don't some fairy-cyclists boast about the number of schools they've
ridden past at excessive speed?

Re: Another motorist spotted with 'cyclist tally' decal

<st0fm5$7ft$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5332&group=uk.rec.cycling#5332

From: muzhm...@centrum.sk (Peter Keller)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2022 23:14:29 +1300
 by: Peter Keller - Fri, 28 Jan 2022 10:14 UTC

On 28/01/22 07:02, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
> Boring cunt.

Thanks for the compliment.

Pounder is a very ecologically valuable creature which cleans the ocean
floors by removing dead creatures and bacteria.

Re: Another motorist spotted with 'fairy-cyclist tally' decal

<st0fo4$7ft$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5333&group=uk.rec.cycling#5333

From: muzhm...@centrum.sk (Peter Keller)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2022 23:15:32 +1300
 by: Peter Keller - Fri, 28 Jan 2022 10:15 UTC

On 28/01/22 10:02, JNugent wrote:
> On 27/01/2022 06:10 pm, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> On Thursday, January 27, 2022 at 6:02:27 PM UTC, Mr Pounder Esquire
>> wrote:

> And some people are stupid enough to believe it.
>
> It must make you green with envy when you see one of those "My other car
> is a Porsche" stickers on the rear screen of a Skoda.
>
>>> Boring cunt.
>>
>> What sicko has a tally of the number of disabled people in wheelchairs
>> that he has killed on his boot?
>
> Don't some fairy-cyclists boast about the number of schools they've
> ridden past at excessive speed?

Probably some do.

Re: Another motorist spotted with 'fairy-cyclist tally' decal

<j5i0cuFs2lpU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5337&group=uk.rec.cycling#5337

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2022 10:55:26 +0000
 by: JNugent - Fri, 28 Jan 2022 10:55 UTC

On 28/01/2022 10:15 am, Peter Keller wrote:

> On 28/01/22 10:02, JNugent wrote:

>> And some people are stupid enough to believe it.
>> It must make you green with envy when you see one of those "My other car
>> is a Porsche" stickers on the rear screen of a Skoda.

>>> What sicko has a tally of the number of disabled people in wheelchairs
>>> that he has killed on his boot?
>
>> Don't some fairy-cyclists boast about the number of schools they've
>> ridden past at excessive speed?
>
> Probably some do.

One, at the very least, definitely does (or did) so.

Re: Another motorist spotted with 'fairy-cyclist tally' decal

<8051a722-251e-4fdb-b874-2a6f6757ca00n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5345&group=uk.rec.cycling#5345

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2022 16:15:26 -0800 (PST)
From: cmike8...@gmail.com (Mike Collins)
 by: Mike Collins - Sat, 29 Jan 2022 00:15 UTC

On Thursday, 27 January 2022 at 21:02:05 UTC, JNugent wrote:
> On 27/01/2022 06:10 pm, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> And some people are stupid enough to believe it.
>
> It must make you green with envy when you see one of those "My other car
> is a Porsche" stickers on the rear screen of a Skoda.
> >> Boring cunt.
> >
> > What sicko has a tally of the number of disabled people in wheelchairs that he has killed on his boot?
> Don't some fairy-cyclists boast about the number of schools they've
> ridden past at excessive speed?

I thought you had dropped the childish 'fairy cyclist' thing.

Re: Another motorist spotted with 'fairy-cyclist tally' decal

<j5jk6hF781eU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5346&group=uk.rec.cycling#5346

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2022 01:39:30 +0000
 by: JNugent - Sat, 29 Jan 2022 01:39 UTC

On 29/01/2022 12:15 am, Mike Collins wrote:

> On Thursday, 27 January 2022 at 21:02:05 UTC, JNugent wrote:

>> And some people are stupid enough to believe it.
>> It must make you green with envy when you see one of those "My other car
>> is a Porsche" stickers on the rear screen of a Skoda.

>>> What sicko has a tally of the number of disabled people in wheelchairs that he has killed on his boot?

>> Don't some fairy-cyclists boast about the number of schools they've
>> ridden past at excessive speed?

> I thought you had dropped the childish 'fairy cyclist' thing.

I'm of the opinion that certain other people need to drop their peevish
attitudes before being treated with the respect they seem to think they
deserve.

Re: Real Dumb Gay Masochistic Little Cyclist Alert!

<st31br$fed$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5351&group=uk.rec.cycling#5351

From: muzhm...@centrum.sk (Peter Keller)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Real Dumb Gay Masochistic Little Cyclist Alert!
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2022 22:28:27 +1300
 by: Peter Keller - Sat, 29 Jan 2022 09:28 UTC

On 28/01/22 23:43, Peeler wrote:
> Great to see that you felt personally addressed, yet again, when "boring
> cunt" was mentioned, you boring masochistic gay little cyclist! <BG>

Do you have others? Please? Like Walking Vomit?

Peeler has a reputation for being disgusting — it might have something
to do with his sliminess and his unsavory dining habits