Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed. -- Alexander Pope

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Real Dumb Gay Masochistic Little Cyclist Alert! LOL

SubjectAuthor
* Cyclist's relief as driver is convicted following traumatic accidentswldx...@gmail.com
`* Re: Cyclist's relief as driver is convicted following traumatic accidentMr Pounder Esquire
 `* Re: Cyclist's relief as driver is convicted following traumaticPeter Keller
  `- Re: Real Dumb Gay Masochistic Little Cyclist Alert! LOLPeter Keller

1
Cyclist's relief as driver is convicted following traumatic accident

<35462843-48fe-4e14-99f8-30739a3ca831n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5308&group=uk.rec.cycling#5308

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2022 09:32:32 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Cyclist's relief as driver is convicted following traumatic accident
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Wed, 26 Jan 2022 17:32 UTC

A cyclist who suffered devastating injuries in a collision has shared her relief after the driver responsible was sentenced.

Helen Webster was cycling along the A1067 Fakenham Road in April last year when she was hit by a swerving caravan attached to an overtaking car at Lenwade.

Helen Webster, from Dereham, was left with two broken ribs, a broken collarbone, spinal fracture and busted lip after a collision on the A1067 Fakenham Road - Credit: Helen Webster

The 45-year-old, who lives in Dereham, was hospitalised and left with two broken ribs, a broken collarbone, spinal fracture and busted lip.

Facing a long road to recovery, the ordeal was worsened when the perpetrator "got away with it" as police opted not to take any further action in August.

But the case was subsequently reopened for a further review, resulting in Simon Bond, from Outwell, being summonsed to court.

And, on January 6, the 39-year-old was sentenced at Great Yarmouth Magistrates' Court for driving without due care and attention, having pleaded guilty at an earlier hearing.
He was disqualified from driving for 18 months.

Reacting to the outcome, Mrs Webster said: "This was exactly what we wanted.. The judge said if he is caught driving, there would be a custodial sentence.

"A part of me felt a bit sorry for him, but I have got children and he didn't care about them at the time of the crash.

"I am happy with the result and just glad it is all over."
An X-ray showing Dereham woman Helen Webster's broken collarbone

An X-ray showing Dereham woman Helen Webster's broken collarbone - Credit: Helen Webster

It took Mrs Webster several months to recover both physically and mentally from her accident, but she has received exemplary care from a team of experts at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital (NNUH).

Her determination to carry on cycling has also eased the process.

"To be fair, I know I got off lightly," added Mrs Webster, who had been training for a 980-mile ride from Land's End to John O'Groats.

"I refuse to let this experience stop me from cycling. It is uncomfortable and I have to be wary of how I do things, but there are some amazing people who just want to help you.
Helen Webster, from Dereham, was training for a 980-mile charity cycle at the time of her accident - Credit: Webster family

"The support network out there is incredible. You really find out who your friends are and who you can trust when you go through something like this."

In addition to receiving a driving ban, Bond, of Langhorns Lane, was fined £675 and ordered to pay costs of £150.

https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/crime/injured-dereham-cyclists-delight-after-driver-conviction-8640996

Re: Cyclist's relief as driver is convicted following traumatic accident

<sss1qi$4rj$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5309&group=uk.rec.cycling#5309

From: MrPoun...@RationalThought.com (Mr Pounder Esquire)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2022 17:53:06 -0000
 by: Mr Pounder Esquire - Wed, 26 Jan 2022 17:53 UTC

swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> A cyclist who suffered devastating injuries in a collision has shared
> her relief after the driver responsible was sentenced.
>
> Helen Webster was cycling along the A1067 Fakenham Road in April last
> year when she was hit by a swerving caravan attached to an overtaking
> car at Lenwade.
>
> Helen Webster, from Dereham, was left with two broken ribs, a broken
> collarbone, spinal fracture and busted lip after a collision on the
> A1067 Fakenham Road - Credit: Helen Webster
>
> The 45-year-old, who lives in Dereham, was hospitalised and left with
> two broken ribs, a broken collarbone, spinal fracture and busted lip.
>
> Facing a long road to recovery, the ordeal was worsened when the
> perpetrator "got away with it" as police opted not to take any
> further action in August.
>
> But the case was subsequently reopened for a further review,
> resulting in Simon Bond, from Outwell, being summonsed to court.
>
> And, on January 6, the 39-year-old was sentenced at Great Yarmouth
> Magistrates' Court for driving without due care and attention, having
> pleaded guilty at an earlier hearing.
> He was disqualified from driving for 18 months.
>
> Reacting to the outcome, Mrs Webster said: "This was exactly what we
> wanted. The judge said if he is caught driving, there would be a
> custodial sentence.
>
> "A part of me felt a bit sorry for him, but I have got children and
> he didn't care about them at the time of the crash.
>
> "I am happy with the result and just glad it is all over."
> An X-ray showing Dereham woman Helen Webster's broken collarbone
>
> An X-ray showing Dereham woman Helen Webster's broken collarbone -
> Credit: Helen Webster
>
> It took Mrs Webster several months to recover both physically and
> mentally from her accident, but she has received exemplary care from
> a team of experts at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital
> (NNUH).
>
> Her determination to carry on cycling has also eased the process.
>
> "To be fair, I know I got off lightly," added Mrs Webster, who had
> been training for a 980-mile ride from Land's End to John O'Groats.
>
> "I refuse to let this experience stop me from cycling. It is
> uncomfortable and I have to be wary of how I do things, but there are
> some amazing people who just want to help you.
> Helen Webster, from Dereham, was training for a 980-mile charity
> cycle at the time of her accident - Credit: Webster family
>
> "The support network out there is incredible. You really find out who
> your friends are and who you can trust when you go through something
> like this."
>
> In addition to receiving a driving ban, Bond, of Langhorns Lane, was
> fined �675 and ordered to pay costs of �150.
>
> https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/crime/injured-dereham-cyclists-delight-after-driver-conviction-8640996

Nobody gives a shit.

Re: Cyclist's relief as driver is convicted following traumatic accident

<sstpur$giv$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5312&group=uk.rec.cycling#5312

From: muzhm...@centrum.sk (Peter Keller)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Cyclist's relief as driver is convicted following traumatic
accident
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2022 22:51:21 +1300
 by: Peter Keller - Thu, 27 Jan 2022 09:51 UTC

On 27/01/22 06:53, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
> Nobody gives a shit.

Liar.
I do give a shit.

A fossil Pounder has been discovered. It is 300 million years old. The
modern Pounder seems not to have changed very much.

Re: Real Dumb Gay Masochistic Little Cyclist Alert! LOL

<st0ftv$7ft$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5335&group=uk.rec.cycling#5335

From: muzhm...@centrum.sk (Peter Keller)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Real Dumb Gay Masochistic Little Cyclist Alert! LOL
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2022 23:18:39 +1300
 by: Peter Keller - Fri, 28 Jan 2022 10:18 UTC

On 27/01/22 22:58, Peeler wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Jan 2022 22:51:21 +1300, Peter Keller, the dumb gay masochistic
> little cyclist, blabbered again:
>

>> On 27/01/22 06:53, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
>>> Nobody gives a shit.
>>
>> Liar.
>> I do give a shit.
>
> Of course, that's because you ARE the nobody Mr Pounder mentioned, you dumb
> gay little cyclist.

I LOVE being a nobody.

>> A fossil Pounder has been discovered. It is 300 million years old. The
>> modern Pounder seems not to have changed very much.
>
> More of the usual absolutely idiotic gay shit by the resident fairy cyclist.

Just for you.

Peeler has skull but no spine.He is a politician.