From: flowbe...@unknown.com (John Adey)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Subject: statins
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2023 07:42:44 -0000 (UTC)
 by: John Adey - Wed, 1 Mar 2023 07:42 UTC

i know this/these are an american site but very helpful & insightful

https://spacedoc.com/articles/statin-drugs-list

https://spacedoc.com/index.php

i have had 4 types of statins with very nsaty side effects

have fun

--
If at first you don't succeed think sod it.

Re: statins

<k68n0rFt8laU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5457&group=uk.people.silversurfers#5457

From: fak...@obfuscation.net (Bob Henson)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Subject: Re: statins
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2023 10:16:59 +0000
 by: Bob Henson - Wed, 1 Mar 2023 10:16 UTC

On 1/3/23 7:42 am, John Adey wrote:
> i know this/these are an american site but very helpful & insightful
>
> https://spacedoc.com/articles/statin-drugs-list
>
> https://spacedoc.com/index.php
>

> i have had 4 types of statins with very nsaty side effects
>
> have fun

There are minor side-effects reported to most things - including
placebos. If you were one of the very few affected by the only serious
side effects of statins (rhabdomyolysis, for example) then you were very
unlucky - they are exceptionally rare. In my many years of dispensing
them, I did not come across one case. I heard many reports of minor side
effects (and, indeed, thought I had a couple myself) but in most cases
they were not related. When they were, they usually wore off with time.

The benefits of statins are now considered so high compared with the
minor problems that there have been recent suggestions that they should
be given to far more people than before - almost on a prophylactic
basis. I can't quote you the recent work as I no longer keep references
to research now I've retired - but it's out there on the web I'm sure.
Here's a reference to an item from the Mayo clinic (since you trust
American sites) which explains the situation and mentions the "nocebo"
effect.

https://tinyurl.com/y49tpz3y

I got an extra 13 years (so far) from taking statins and similar, so I'm
quite keen, as you may guess.

On a totally different topic, I smiled at your sign off line. I have a
collected one-liner rather similar. .......

"If at first you don't succeed - skydiving is probably not for you!"

Regards,

Bob