You're not Dave. Who are you?

aus+uk / uk.people.silversurfers / 70+ Driving Licence

SubjectAuthor
* 70+ Driving LicenceHarry Bloomfield Esq
+* Re: 70+ Driving LicenceJim the Geordie
|+- Re: 70+ Driving LicenceHarry Bloomfield Esq
|`- Re: 70+ Driving LicenceFlyi?g ?u? 2?22+
`* Re: 70+ Driving LicenceHarry Bloomfield Esq
 `* Re: 70+ Driving LicenceFlyi?g ?u? 2?22+
  `- Re: 70+ Driving LicenceHarry Bloomfield Esq

1
70+ Driving Licence

<tvi5qh$140m3$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5537&group=uk.people.silversurfers#5537

From: a...@harrym1byt.plus.com (Harry Bloomfield Esq)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Subject: 70+ Driving Licence
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2023 18:29:37 +0000
 by: Harry Bloomfield Esq - Thu, 23 Mar 2023 18:29 UTC

Hi,

I already have 70+ licence, due to expire soon, and a reminder/renewal
form arrived this am.

The new to me form, versus doing it online, seems a little confused. If
I go online, and begin completing, right at the end, it insists on you
having a valid passport #, I assume to grab a photo from.

The paper form, seems to not need a passport #, a photo, nor even to
insist you to return your expiring licence. You can just suggest you
lost or defaced it.

Am I understanding the paper form correctly - just complete the form, no
need for the old licence, no need for a photo?

They will have my original photo on file anyway, I suppose?

Re: 70+ Driving Licence

<MPG.3e86b8f464cddd1f98972a@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5538&group=uk.people.silversurfers#5538

From: jim...@jimXscott.co.uk (Jim the Geordie)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Subject: Re: 70+ Driving Licence
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2023 19:29:34 -0000
 by: Jim the Geordie - Thu, 23 Mar 2023 19:29 UTC

In article <tvi5qh$140m3$2@dont-email.me>, a@harrym1byt.plus.com says...

> Hi,
>
> I already have 70+ licence, due to expire soon, and a reminder/renewal
> form arrived this am.
>
> The new to me form, versus doing it online, seems a little confused. If
> I go online, and begin completing, right at the end, it insists on you
> having a valid passport #, I assume to grab a photo from.
>
> The paper form, seems to not need a passport #, a photo, nor even to
> insist you to return your expiring licence. You can just suggest you
> lost or defaced it.
>
> Am I understanding the paper form correctly - just complete the form, no
> need for the old licence, no need for a photo?
>
> They will have my original photo on file anyway, I suppose?

I'm on my third or is it fourth one of these. They were happy to use my
original photo without asking until now. This time they insisted on a
new one (as did my blue-badge lot). I tried doing it with my mobile
phone and printer, but they rejected it twice because it wasn't exactly
right. I finally went out and had one done. I don't have a passport
anyway and don't remember them asking if I did.

--
Jim the Geordie

Re: 70+ Driving Licence

<tvjmas$1j4ne$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5539&group=uk.people.silversurfers#5539

From: a...@harrym1byt.plus.com (Harry Bloomfield Esq)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2023 08:17:32 +0000
 by: Harry Bloomfield Esq - Fri, 24 Mar 2023 08:17 UTC

On 23/03/2023 19:29, Jim the Geordie wrote:
> In article <tvi5qh$140m3$2@dont-email.me>, a@harrym1byt.plus.com says...
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I already have 70+ licence, due to expire soon, and a reminder/renewal
>> form arrived this am.
>>
>> The new to me form, versus doing it online, seems a little confused. If
>> I go online, and begin completing, right at the end, it insists on you
>> having a valid passport #, I assume to grab a photo from.
>>
>> The paper form, seems to not need a passport #, a photo, nor even to
>> insist you to return your expiring licence. You can just suggest you
>> lost or defaced it.
>>
>> Am I understanding the paper form correctly - just complete the form, no
>> need for the old licence, no need for a photo?
>>
>> They will have my original photo on file anyway, I suppose?
>
> I'm on my third or is it fourth one of these. They were happy to use my
> original photo without asking until now. This time they insisted on a
> new one (as did my blue-badge lot). I tried doing it with my mobile
> phone and printer, but they rejected it twice because it wasn't exactly
> right. I finally went out and had one done. I don't have a passport
> anyway and don't remember them asking if I did.

Thanks..

The online version seemed to demand so much more info.

Re: 70+ Driving Licence

<k85hpbFjdlaU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5544&group=uk.people.silversurfers#5544

From: flying...@roseofwhite.plus.com (Flyi?g ?u? 2?22+)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2023 12:01:49 -0000
 by: Flyi?g ?u? 2?22+ - Fri, 24 Mar 2023 12:01 UTC

Jim the Geordie wrote:
> In article <tvi5qh$140m3$2@dont-email.me>, a@harrym1byt.plus.com
> says...
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I already have 70+ licence, due to expire soon, and a
>> reminder/renewal form arrived this am.
>>
>> The new to me form, versus doing it online, seems a little confused.
>> If I go online, and begin completing, right at the end, it insists
>> on you having a valid passport #, I assume to grab a photo from.
>>
>> The paper form, seems to not need a passport #, a photo, nor even to
>> insist you to return your expiring licence. You can just suggest you
>> lost or defaced it.
>>
>> Am I understanding the paper form correctly - just complete the
>> form, no need for the old licence, no need for a photo?
>>
>> They will have my original photo on file anyway, I suppose?
>
> I'm on my third or is it fourth one of these. They were happy to use
> my original photo without asking until now. This time they insisted
> on a new one (as did my blue-badge lot). I tried doing it with my
> mobile phone and printer, but they rejected it twice because it
> wasn't exactly right. I finally went out and had one done. I don't
> have a passport anyway and don't remember them asking if I did.

My 82nd birthday is early next month and I applied to renew the licence
in February. I received my fourth one within 7 days of reapplying for
it.
--
Heard messages are sweet but those Unheard are sweeter.
FN 2�22+. Mungo Brandybuck of Buckland..

Re: 70+ Driving Licence

<u0ecvq$2t5pb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5580&group=uk.people.silversurfers#5580

From: a...@harrym1byt.plus.com (Harry Bloomfield Esq)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2023 12:23:39 +0100
 by: Harry Bloomfield Esq - Mon, 3 Apr 2023 11:23 UTC

On 23/03/2023 18:29, Harry Bloomfield Esq wrote:
> I already have 70+ licence, due to expire soon, and a reminder/renewal
> form arrived this am.
>
> The new to me form, versus doing it online, seems a little confused. If
> I go online, and begin completing, right at the end, it insists on you
> having a valid passport #, I assume to grab a photo from.
>
> The paper form, seems to not need a passport #, a photo, nor even to
> insist you to return your expiring licence. You can just suggest you
> lost or defaced it.
>
> Am I understanding the paper form correctly - just complete the form, no
> need for the old licence, no need for a photo?
>
> They will have my original photo on file anyway, I suppose?

My replacement arrived this morning, they obviously used my already on
file photo.

Re: 70+ Driving Licence

<k92d23F3md2U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5585&group=uk.people.silversurfers#5585

From: flying...@roseofwhite.plus.com (Flyi?g ?u? 2?22+)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2023 11:39:01 +0100
 by: Flyi?g ?u? 2?22+ - Tue, 4 Apr 2023 10:39 UTC

Harry Bloomfield Esq wrote:
> On 23/03/2023 18:29, Harry Bloomfield Esq wrote:
>> I already have 70+ licence, due to expire soon, and a
>> reminder/renewal form arrived this am.
>>
>> The new to me form, versus doing it online, seems a little confused.
>> If I go online, and begin completing, right at the end, it insists
>> on you having a valid passport #, I assume to grab a photo from.
>>
>> The paper form, seems to not need a passport #, a photo, nor even to
>> insist you to return your expiring licence. You can just suggest you
>> lost or defaced it.
>>
>> Am I understanding the paper form correctly - just complete the
>> form, no need for the old licence, no need for a photo?
>>
>> They will have my original photo on file anyway, I suppose?
>
> My replacement arrived this morning, they obviously used my already on
> file photo.
Mine took less than a week to return and it's not my birthday until
tomorrow, So I've had my new licence (5th I think. I'm 82 tomorrow. )
for just over a month before I needed it.
--
Heard messages are sweet but those Unheard are sweeter.
FN 2�22+. Mungo Brandybuck of Buckland..
flyingnun@roseofwhite.plus.com

Re: 70+ Driving Licence

<u0hrol$3ejh2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5587&group=uk.people.silversurfers#5587

From: a...@harrym1byt.plus.com (Harry Bloomfield Esq)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2023 19:54:13 +0100
 by: Harry Bloomfield Esq - Tue, 4 Apr 2023 18:54 UTC

On 04/04/2023 11:39, Flyi�g �u� 2�22+ wrote:
> Mine took less than a week to return and it's not my birthday until
> tomorrow, So I've had my new licence (5th I think. I'm 82 tomorrow. )
> for just over a month before I needed it.

My licence took a similar time from being collected in the post, to it's
return.