Deadwood, n.: Anyone in your company who is more senior than you are.

aus+uk / aus.cars / Re: OT: nuclear *powered* subs for Australia.

SubjectAuthor
* OT: nuclear *powered* subs for Australia.lindsay
+* OT: nuclear *powered* subs for Australia.Clocky
|`* OT: nuclear *powered* subs for Australia.lindsay
| +- OT: nuclear *powered* subs for Australia.Daryl
| `- OT: nuclear *powered* subs for Australia.Clocky
+* OT: nuclear *powered* subs for Australia.Noddy
|`* OT: nuclear *powered* subs for Australia.lindsay
| `* OT: nuclear *powered* subs for Australia.Noddy
|  +* OT: nuclear *powered* subs for Australia.keithr0
|  |+* OT: nuclear *powered* subs for Australia.Daryl
|  ||`* OT: nuclear *powered* subs for Australia.keithr0
|  || +- OT: nuclear *powered* subs for Australia.Daryl
|  || `* OT: nuclear *powered* subs for Australia.Yosemite Sam
|  ||  `* OT: nuclear *powered* subs for Australia.keithr0
|  ||   `* OT: nuclear *powered* subs for Australia.Yosemite Sam
|  ||    `- OT: nuclear *powered* subs for Australia.keithr0
|  |`- OT: nuclear *powered* subs for Australia.jonz
|  `* OT: nuclear *powered* subs for Australia.Xeno
|   `* OT: nuclear *powered* subs for Australia.Yosemite Sam
|    +- OT: nuclear *powered* subs for Australia.Xeno
|    `- OT: nuclear *powered* subs for Australia.jonz
+* OT: nuclear *powered* subs for Australia.keithr0
|+- OT: nuclear *powered* subs for Australia.Daryl
|+* OT: nuclear *powered* subs for Australia.Clocky
||+* OT: nuclear *powered* subs for Australia.keithr0
|||`- OT: nuclear *powered* subs for Australia.Clocky
||`- OT: nuclear *powered* subs for Australia.Yosemite Sam
|`- OT: nuclear *powered* subs for Australia.lindsay
+* OT: nuclear *powered* subs for Australia.Daryl
|`- OT: nuclear *powered* subs for Australia.lindsay
+* OT: nuclear *powered* subs for Australia.Peter Jason
|+- OT: nuclear *powered* subs for Australia.keithr0
|`* OT: nuclear *powered* subs for Australia.Noddy
| +* OT: nuclear *powered* subs for Australia.Peter Jason
| |+- OT: nuclear *powered* subs for Australia.Clocky
| |`- OT: nuclear *powered* subs for Australia.Noddy
| `- OT: nuclear *powered* subs for Australia.Xeno
+* OT: nuclear *powered* subs for Australia.John_H
|+* OT: nuclear *powered* subs for Australia.Noddy
||+- OT: nuclear *powered* subs for Australia.keithr0
||+* OT: nuclear *powered* subs for Australia.John_H
|||+* OT: nuclear *powered* subs for Australia.Noddy
|||+- OT: nuclear *powered* subs for Australia.Clocky
|||`* OT: nuclear *powered* subs for Australia.Daryl
||| +- OT: nuclear *powered* subs for Australia.John_H
||| `* OT: nuclear *powered* subs for Australia.jonz
|||  `* OT: nuclear *powered* subs for Australia.Daryl
|||   `* OT: nuclear *powered* subs for Australia.keithr0
|||    `* OT: nuclear *powered* subs for Australia.Daryl
|||     `* OT: nuclear *powered* subs for Australia.jonz
|||      `- OT: nuclear *powered* subs for Australia.Daryl
||+- OT: nuclear *powered* subs for Australia.Xeno
||`- OT: nuclear *powered* subs for Australia.alvey
|+- OT: nuclear *powered* subs for Australia.Daryl
|+* OT: nuclear *powered* subs for Australia.lindsay
||+- OT: nuclear *powered* subs for Australia.Yosemite Sam
||`- OT: nuclear *powered* subs for Australia.jonz
|`- OT: nuclear *powered* subs for Australia.Yosemite Sam
`- OT: nuclear *powered* subs for Australia.Mountain Magpie

Pages:123
Re: OT: nuclear *powered* subs for Australia.

<iqnv34FgpsmU4@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5429&group=aus.cars#5429

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Re: OT: nuclear *powered* subs for Australia.
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2021 15:14:15 +1000
 by: Yosemite Sam - Sun, 19 Sep 2021 05:14 UTC

On 19/09/2021 11:23 am, keithr0 wrote:
> [...]
>>> before we surface and I've just jotted down some things that I
>>> think are kind of important, I wouldn't take the time if I
>>> didn't. First of all, I think we ought to give the cooks a
>>> standing ovation for the wonderful job they've done. So, if you
>>> men want to stand now and let's really hear it for the cooks.
>>> I don't think you men realize the difficult problem it is aboard
>>> a submarine to... uh... you men want to stand now for the cooks?
>>> Come on now men, let's let by-gones be by-gones and let's hear
>>> it for the cooks, huh?
>>> Look men, I'm not going to surface until I hear it for the
>>> cooks!!! Alright, that is a little better. Today, as we add
>>> another glorious page to the history of the U.S.S. Codfish,
>>> I think it is important that we reflect on some of the past
>>> glories of the Codfish... uh... I don't know how many of you
>>> men know this, but the Codfish holds a record for the most
>>> Japanese tonnage sunk. Being comprised of five freighters and
>>> fifteen aircraft carriers. A truly enviable record.
>>> Unfortunately, they were sunk in 1954. However, it stands as the
>>> largest peacetime tonnage ever recorded. Our voyage has received
>>> a lot of coverage in the newspaper and I would like to present
>>> our side of it... I think our firing on Miami Beach can best be
>>> termed ill-timed. It happened on what they call in the newspaper
>>> business a slow news day and as a result received a lot more
>>> space than I think it deserved -- since it was the off-season
>>> down there.
>>> Men, I think you will agree, I have been pretty lax as far as
>>> discipline is concerned, and golly nobody enjoys a joke more
>>> than I do, but I would like the executive officer returned.
>>> Now we have looked in the torpedo tubes, we have looked in your
>>> bags and uh ...; I mean it's been over two weeks, men and I...
>>> we're just lucky that it wasn't the navigational
>>> officer or someone real important like that.
>>> Uh... looking back on the mutiny, I think a lot of the trouble
>>> stemmed from the fact that you men weren't coming to me with
>>> your problems... as I told you, the door to my office is always
>>> open. I think you know why it's always open -- that was stolen,
>>> I'd like that returned. It looks like the work of the same man.
>>> But since started the cruise on such a low note, I think it is
>>> important that we try to end it on a high note... and to me
>>> there is, there is nothing more impressive in the Navy as a
>>> submarine that breaks water to see a bunch of sailors in their
>>> dress blues as they come rushing up out of the... oh... the
>>> uh ... that, that hole there, uh ... and come to a parade dress.
>>> This, this to me is one of the, oh... oh, alright... Men, I
>>> have just been notified that we will be surfacing in just a
>>> moment and uh... you might be happy to know that you will
>>> be gazing on the familiar skyline of either New York City or
>>> Buenos Aires ... is that right ? I can't quite make that out..

for what purpose?

--
"A mans got to know his limitations"
- clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry

Re: OT: nuclear *powered* subs for Australia.

<si6gs2$u18$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5430&group=aus.cars#5430

From: jon...@nothere.com (jonz)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2021 15:12:30 +1000
 by: jonz - Sun, 19 Sep 2021 05:12 UTC

On 9/18/2021 5:48 PM, Daryl wrote:
> On 18/9/21 2:25 pm, John_H wrote:
>> Noddy wrote:

>>> To be honest I expected *way* more objection to nuclear powered
>>> submarines than what we've seen.
>>
>> Floating Chernobyls according to Adam Bandt but I suspect the rest of
>> us only need worry if they happen to sink!  :)
>>

> Adam Brandt is probably scared of the dark so anything with nuclear in
> its name would have him wetting himself.
> If he bothered to look at the history of US/UK built nuclear subs they
> have an excellent safety record, the Russians have a few mishaps with
> theirs but Russians aren't exactly known for building anything properly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Try the
<https://www.wionews.com/world/antonov-an-225-worlds-heaviest-aircraft-flies-again-after-pandemic-delay-393429#:~:text=The%20aircraft%20last%20flew%20in,first%20flew%20in%20December%201988.>

Antonov An-225 as a success story.
<https://www.wionews.com/world/antonov-an-225-worlds-heaviest-aircraft-flies-again-after-pandemic-delay-393429#:~:text=The%20aircraft%20last%20flew%20in,first%20flew%20in%20December%201988.>

<https://www.wionews.com/world/antonov-an-225-worlds-heaviest-aircraft-flies-again-after-pandemic-delay-393429#:~:text=The%20aircraft%20last%20flew%20in,first%20flew%20in%20December%201988.>

--
"Usenet is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea. Massive,
mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it." — Gene

Re: OT: nuclear *powered* subs for Australia.

<si6ha8$63h$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5431&group=aus.cars#5431

From: jon...@nothere.com (jonz)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2021 15:20:04 +1000
 by: jonz - Sun, 19 Sep 2021 05:20 UTC

On 9/18/2021 10:55 PM, lindsay wrote:
> On 18/09/2021 11:28 am, John_H wrote:
>> lindsay wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm a little surprised by the reaction around the world to Australia's
>>> announcement of nuclear powered submarines...
>>>
>>> France : "stabbed in the back"
>>> china (lower case) : You have started an arms race, you will shoot
>>> yourself in the foot.
>>> USA : "Thank you, my friend down under".
>>> New Zealand: 'They're not coming here!"
>>
>> The real mystery being as to why we ordered diesel subs in the first
>> place as they were already obsolete?
>
> Yep, my understanding is they were to be equipped with lead acid
> batteries?
>
>> (IIRC it was also to more expensive to convert the original French
>> design from nuclear to diesel.)
>
> Sounds about right. :-)
>
> The world around Aus has changed in 5 years. Aus has now tied itself
> to the USA, and the fight will be in the South china Sea. I'm not sure
> of the endurance and range of Collins class, but i doubt it'd be up to
> Los Angeles or Virginia class subs. Who knows how long on-station a
> collins boat could operate? We would be better off buying new from the
> States, rather than trying to re-invent the wheel....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Wont be long before a *large* contingent of seppo fire power will be
based here anyway. Why buy our own???.

   Besides, i reckon there will be an, er, *event* long before *any*
are delivered.

--
"Usenet is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea. Massive,
mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it." — Gene
Spafford, 1992

Re: OT: nuclear *powered* subs for Australia.

<iqnvnbFh03qU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5432&group=aus.cars#5432

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2021 15:21:44 +1000
 by: Xeno - Sun, 19 Sep 2021 05:21 UTC

On 18/9/21 11:48 pm, Noddy wrote:

> You'd have to *really* want to be a submariner, and I can understand the
> lack of interest in people wanting to be one. Whether the idea of being
> under water for months at a time on a Nuclear powered sub changes that
> or not I can't tell you, but I'm not sure I would like it.

Darren, your *personality issues* would rule you out immediately from
ever working in a submarine or anywhere else that requires *teamwork*.
Sociopaths have issues with teamwork, failed sociopaths like you even
more so. The other submariners would have your bullshit worked out in 5
minutes and pump you out of the sub through a torpedo tube post haste -
and that would be while the sub's at a significant depth. But then, as
an educational failure, you wouldn't even qualify for navy entry, much
less entry into the submarine side of things, just like you didn't
qualify for for any apprenticeship ever.
For that matter, sociopaths like you are weeded out very early in the
process. You see Darren, psychometric assessment is a big thing these days.

https://careerhq.com.au/careers-database/job_details/835/navy-submariner

How to become an Navy Submariner?
Entry Level Education
To become a Navy submariner you usually have to complete *junior*
*secondary school* or equivalent with passes in *English* and
*mathematics*. Submarine officers must have at least a bachelor's
degree.
You will also need to successfully complete a series of aptitude
tests, medical assessments and selection interviews.

All entrants must complete basic naval training. Potential sailors
undergo their basic training at the RAN Recruit School, while
officers must complete the New Entry Officer Course at HMAS
Creswell. Completion of basic training is followed by a four week
seamanship course covering knowledge of all naval vessels. Finally,
there is a three-day submariner selection course which includes
medical and psychological testing.

Year 9 passes in English & Mathematics Darren? You're knackered from the
get go. Aptitude tests Darren? Well, you do have an aptitude for *lying*
though I don't think that would count for much in the Navy. Then there's
the psychological testing. That would readily expose your sociopathy
and, again, you're knackered.

As far as working in the confines of a sub, you would never get there,
never be given the option. Hell, you wouldn't even get in the navy for a
*shore job*. You need a modicum of education, be educable and be able to
work with people. Teamwork Darren, ever heard of it? I doubt you have.

--

Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: OT: nuclear *powered* subs for Australia.

<iqo06lFh2jrU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5437&group=aus.cars#5437

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2021 15:33:10 +1000
 by: Yosemite Sam - Sun, 19 Sep 2021 05:33 UTC

On 19/09/2021 3:21 pm, Xeno wrote:
> On 18/9/21 11:48 pm, Noddy wrote:
>

>> You'd have to *really* want to be a submariner, and I can understand
>> the lack of interest in people wanting to be one. Whether the idea of
>> being under water for months at a time on a Nuclear powered sub
>> changes that or not I can't tell you, but I'm not sure I would like it.
>
> Darren, your *personality issues* would rule you out immediately from
> ever working in a submarine or anywhere else that requires *teamwork*.
> Sociopaths have issues with teamwork, failed sociopaths like you even
> more so. The other submariners would have your bullshit worked out in
> 5 minutes and pump you out of the sub through a torpedo tube post
> haste - and that would be while the sub's at a significant depth. But
> then, as an educational failure, you wouldn't even qualify for navy
> entry, much less entry into the submarine side of things, just like
> you didn't qualify for for any apprenticeship ever.
> For that matter, sociopaths like you are weeded out very early in the
> process. You see Darren, psychometric assessment is a big thing these
> days.
>
> https://careerhq.com.au/careers-database/job_details/835/navy-submariner
>
>    How to become an Navy Submariner?
>    Entry Level Education
>    To become a Navy submariner you usually have to complete *junior*
>    *secondary school* or equivalent with passes in *English* and
>    *mathematics*. Submarine officers must have at least a bachelor's
>    degree.
>    You will also need to successfully complete a series of aptitude
>    tests, medical assessments and selection interviews.
>
>    All entrants must complete basic naval training. Potential sailors
>    undergo their basic training at the RAN Recruit School, while
>    officers must complete the New Entry Officer Course at HMAS
>    Creswell. Completion of basic training is followed by a four week
>    seamanship course covering knowledge of all naval vessels. Finally,
>    there is a three-day submariner selection course which includes
>    medical and psychological testing.
>
> Year 9 passes in English & Mathematics Darren? You're knackered from
> the get go. Aptitude tests Darren? Well, you do have an aptitude for
> *lying* though I don't think that would count for much in the Navy.
> Then there's the psychological testing. That would readily expose your
> sociopathy and, again, you're knackered.
>
> As far as working in the confines of a sub, you would never get there,
> never be given the option. Hell, you wouldn't even get in the navy for
> a *shore job*. You need a modicum of education, be educable and be
> able to work with people. Teamwork Darren, ever heard of it? I doubt
> you have.

yes indeed. fairly strict criteria for becoming a submariner. it takes a
special type of person.

--
"A mans got to know his limitations"
- clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry

Re: OT: nuclear *powered* subs for Australia.

<iqo5viFi28iU3@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5451&group=aus.cars#5451

From: use...@account.invalid (keithr0)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2021 17:08:34 +1000
 by: keithr0 - Sun, 19 Sep 2021 07:08 UTC

On 19/09/2021 3:14 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
> On 19/09/2021 11:23 am, keithr0 wrote:

>>> LOL.
>>>

>> I've gone on 3 subs,
>

> for what purpose?

Curiosity obviously.

>> none of which made me feel that I wanted to dive on one. We went on
>> the Nautilus, the first nuke boat now a museum exhibit in Groton
>> Connecticut, it was smaller that I'd expected but considerably bigger
>> than the Russian sub that used to be in the Sydney Maritime Museum.
>> That was a diesel electric boat, the engineers bunk was only
>> centimeters from the diesel exhaust pipe. It probably wasn't a smelly
>> as this Swedish sub though
>>
>> https://imgur.com/sco6nuc

Re: OT: nuclear *powered* subs for Australia.

<iqo68cFi28hU3@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5454&group=aus.cars#5454

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2021 17:13:15 +1000
 by: Xeno - Sun, 19 Sep 2021 07:13 UTC

On 19/9/21 3:33 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
> On 19/09/2021 3:21 pm, Xeno wrote:
>> On 18/9/21 11:48 pm, Noddy wrote:
>>

>>> You'd have to *really* want to be a submariner, and I can understand
>>> the lack of interest in people wanting to be one. Whether the idea of
>>> being under water for months at a time on a Nuclear powered sub
>>> changes that or not I can't tell you, but I'm not sure I would like it.
>>
>> Darren, your *personality issues* would rule you out immediately from
>> ever working in a submarine or anywhere else that requires *teamwork*.
>> Sociopaths have issues with teamwork, failed sociopaths like you even
>> more so. The other submariners would have your bullshit worked out in
>> 5 minutes and pump you out of the sub through a torpedo tube post
>> haste - and that would be while the sub's at a significant depth. But
>> then, as an educational failure, you wouldn't even qualify for navy
>> entry, much less entry into the submarine side of things, just like
>> you didn't qualify for for any apprenticeship ever.
>> For that matter, sociopaths like you are weeded out very early in the
>> process. You see Darren, psychometric assessment is a big thing these
>> days.
>>
>> https://careerhq.com.au/careers-database/job_details/835/navy-submariner
>>
>>    How to become an Navy Submariner?
>>    Entry Level Education
>>    To become a Navy submariner you usually have to complete *junior*
>>    *secondary school* or equivalent with passes in *English* and
>>    *mathematics*. Submarine officers must have at least a bachelor's
>>    degree.
>>    You will also need to successfully complete a series of aptitude
>>    tests, medical assessments and selection interviews.
>>
>>    All entrants must complete basic naval training. Potential sailors
>>    undergo their basic training at the RAN Recruit School, while
>>    officers must complete the New Entry Officer Course at HMAS
>>    Creswell. Completion of basic training is followed by a four week
>>    seamanship course covering knowledge of all naval vessels. Finally,
>>    there is a three-day submariner selection course which includes
>>    medical and psychological testing.
>>
>> Year 9 passes in English & Mathematics Darren? You're knackered from
>> the get go. Aptitude tests Darren? Well, you do have an aptitude for
>> *lying* though I don't think that would count for much in the Navy.
>> Then there's the psychological testing. That would readily expose your
>> sociopathy and, again, you're knackered.
>>
>> As far as working in the confines of a sub, you would never get there,
>> never be given the option. Hell, you wouldn't even get in the navy for
>> a *shore job*. You need a modicum of education, be educable and be
>> able to work with people. Teamwork Darren, ever heard of it? I doubt
>> you have.
>>

> yes indeed. fairly strict criteria for becoming a submariner. it takes a
> special type of person.

Oh, Darren is special all right, just the wrong kind of "*speshul*".

--

Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: OT: nuclear *powered* subs for Australia.

<iqo6qmFi88bU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5458&group=aus.cars#5458

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2021 17:23:02 +1000
 by: Daryl - Sun, 19 Sep 2021 07:23 UTC

On 19/9/21 3:12 pm, jonz wrote:
> On 9/18/2021 5:48 PM, Daryl wrote:

>>> Floating Chernobyls according to Adam Bandt but I suspect the rest of
>>> us only need worry if they happen to sink!  :)
>>>

>> Adam Brandt is probably scared of the dark so anything with nuclear in
>> its name would have him wetting himself.
>> If he bothered to look at the history of US/UK built nuclear subs they
>> have an excellent safety record, the Russians have a few mishaps with
>> theirs but Russians aren't exactly known for building anything properly.
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
>     Try the
> <https://www.wionews.com/world/antonov-an-225-worlds-heaviest-aircraft-flies-again-after-pandemic-delay-393429#:~:text=The%20aircraft%20last%20flew%20in,first%20flew%20in%20December%201988.>

The odds are that if you build enough stuff you are bound to get one
right eventually and they certainly succeeded with those aircraft:-)

--
Daryl

Re: OT: nuclear *powered* subs for Australia.

<si6ou2$dra$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5459&group=aus.cars#5459

From: jon...@nothere.com (jonz)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2021 17:30:06 +1000
 by: jonz - Sun, 19 Sep 2021 07:30 UTC

On 9/19/2021 3:33 PM, Yosemite Sam wrote:
> On 19/09/2021 3:21 pm, Xeno wrote:
>> On 18/9/21 11:48 pm, Noddy wrote:
>>

>>> You'd have to *really* want to be a submariner, and I can understand
>>> the lack of interest in people wanting to be one. Whether the idea
>>> of being under water for months at a time on a Nuclear powered sub
>>> changes that or not I can't tell you, but I'm not sure I would like it.
>>
>> Darren, your *personality issues* would rule you out immediately from
>> ever working in a submarine or anywhere else that requires
>> *teamwork*. Sociopaths have issues with teamwork, failed sociopaths
>> like you even more so. The other submariners would have your bullshit
>> worked out in 5 minutes and pump you out of the sub through a torpedo
>> tube post haste - and that would be while the sub's at a significant
>> depth. But then, as an educational failure, you wouldn't even qualify
>> for navy entry, much less entry into the submarine side of things,
>> just like you didn't qualify for for any apprenticeship ever.
>> For that matter, sociopaths like you are weeded out very early in the
>> process. You see Darren, psychometric assessment is a big thing these
>> days.
>>
>> https://careerhq.com.au/careers-database/job_details/835/navy-submariner
>>
>>    How to become an Navy Submariner?
>>    Entry Level Education
>>    To become a Navy submariner you usually have to complete *junior*
>>    *secondary school* or equivalent with passes in *English* and
>>    *mathematics*. Submarine officers must have at least a bachelor's
>>    degree.
>>    You will also need to successfully complete a series of aptitude
>>    tests, medical assessments and selection interviews.
>>
>>    All entrants must complete basic naval training. Potential sailors
>>    undergo their basic training at the RAN Recruit School, while
>>    officers must complete the New Entry Officer Course at HMAS
>>    Creswell. Completion of basic training is followed by a four week
>>    seamanship course covering knowledge of all naval vessels. Finally,
>>    there is a three-day submariner selection course which includes
>>    medical and psychological testing.
>>
>> Year 9 passes in English & Mathematics Darren? You're knackered from
>> the get go. Aptitude tests Darren? Well, you do have an aptitude for
>> *lying* though I don't think that would count for much in the Navy.
>> Then there's the psychological testing. That would readily expose
>> your sociopathy and, again, you're knackered.
>>
>> As far as working in the confines of a sub, you would never get
>> there, never be given the option. Hell, you wouldn't even get in the
>> navy for a *shore job*. You need a modicum of education, be educable
>> and be able to work with people. Teamwork Darren, ever heard of it? I
>> doubt you have.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gee willikers, all that googling, (about stuff of which you knew
*nought* just an hour or two ago, just coz noddy uploads a post!!....
Fuckin' blithering fixated idiot (you and max should get together) you are.

--
"Usenet is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea. Massive,
mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it." — Gene
Spafford, 1992

Re: OT: nuclear *powered* subs for Australia.

<iqo87bFidhvU3@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5463&group=aus.cars#5463

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2021 17:50:06 +1000
 by: Yosemite Sam - Sun, 19 Sep 2021 07:50 UTC

On 19/09/2021 5:08 pm, keithr0 wrote:
> On 19/09/2021 3:14 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:

>>> I've gone on 3 subs,
>>

>> for what purpose?
>
> Curiosity obviously.

i thought you may have been working on them ie. their electronics,
software or whatever

--
"A mans got to know his limitations"
- clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry

Re: OT: nuclear *powered* subs for Australia.

<iqodb5FjdifU2@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5466&group=aus.cars#5466

From: use...@account.invalid (keithr0)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2021 19:14:14 +1000
 by: keithr0 - Sun, 19 Sep 2021 09:14 UTC

On 19/09/2021 5:50 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
> On 19/09/2021 5:08 pm, keithr0 wrote:

>>> for what purpose?
>>
>> Curiosity obviously.
>>

> i thought you may have been working on them ie. their electronics,
> software or whatever

Nope, I worked with the Navy for a few years but that was on surface
ships - DDGs.

Re: OT: nuclear *powered* subs for Australia.

<iqodkdFjgfdU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5467&group=aus.cars#5467

From: use...@account.invalid (keithr0)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2021 19:19:05 +1000
 by: keithr0 - Sun, 19 Sep 2021 09:19 UTC

On 19/09/2021 5:23 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 19/9/21 3:12 pm, jonz wrote:

>>> Adam Brandt is probably scared of the dark so anything with nuclear
>>> in its name would have him wetting himself.
>>> If he bothered to look at the history of US/UK built nuclear subs
>>> they have an excellent safety record, the Russians have a few mishaps
>>> with theirs but Russians aren't exactly known for building anything
>>> properly.
>>
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>
>>      Try the
>> <https://www.wionews.com/world/antonov-an-225-worlds-heaviest-aircraft-flies-again-after-pandemic-delay-393429#:~:text=The%20aircraft%20last%20flew%20in,first%20flew%20in%20December%201988.>
>

> The odds are that if you build enough stuff you are bound to get one
> right eventually and they certainly succeeded with those aircraft:-)

The Russians have built some very good aircraft over the years. BTW did
you know that the worlds first 4 engined aircraft was built in Russia,
the "Le Grande" built by Igor Sikorsky.

Re: OT: nuclear *powered* subs for Australia.

<iqopufFlq29U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5487&group=aus.cars#5487

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2021 22:49:19 +1000
 by: Daryl - Sun, 19 Sep 2021 12:49 UTC

On 19/9/21 7:19 pm, keithr0 wrote:
> On 19/09/2021 5:23 pm, Daryl wrote:

>>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>>
>>>      Try the
>>> <https://www.wionews.com/world/antonov-an-225-worlds-heaviest-aircraft-flies-again-after-pandemic-delay-393429#:~:text=The%20aircraft%20last%20flew%20in,first%20flew%20in%20December%201988.>
>>

>> The odds are that if you build enough stuff you are bound to get one
>> right eventually and they certainly succeeded with those aircraft:-)
>>

> The Russians have built some very good aircraft over the years. BTW did
> you know that the worlds first 4 engined aircraft was built in Russia,
> the "Le Grande" built by Igor Sikorsky.

Sikorsky was a brilliant aircraft designer so I'm not surprised.

--
Daryl

Re: OT: nuclear *powered* subs for Australia.

<si9oip$1f2$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5551&group=aus.cars#5551

From: jon...@nothere.com (jonz)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2021 20:42:28 +1000
 by: jonz - Mon, 20 Sep 2021 10:42 UTC

On 9/19/2021 10:49 PM, Daryl wrote:
> On 19/9/21 7:19 pm, keithr0 wrote:

>>> The odds are that if you build enough stuff you are bound to get one
>>> right eventually and they certainly succeeded with those aircraft:-)
>>>

>> The Russians have built some very good aircraft over the years. BTW
>> did you know that the worlds first 4 engined aircraft was built in
>> Russia, the "Le Grande" built by Igor Sikorsky.
>
> Sikorsky was a brilliant aircraft designer so I'm not surprised.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  So much for *Dud Russians* eh.

--
"Usenet is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea. Massive,
mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it." — Gene
Spafford, 1992

Re: OT: nuclear *powered* subs for Australia.

<iqrdrvF6lv0U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5565&group=aus.cars#5565

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2021 22:41:35 +1000
 by: Daryl - Mon, 20 Sep 2021 12:41 UTC

On 20/9/21 8:42 pm, jonz wrote:
> On 9/19/2021 10:49 PM, Daryl wrote:

>>> The Russians have built some very good aircraft over the years. BTW
>>> did you know that the worlds first 4 engined aircraft was built in
>>> Russia, the "Le Grande" built by Igor Sikorsky.
>>
>> Sikorsky was a brilliant aircraft designer so I'm not surprised.
>   So much for *Dud Russians* eh.

Well he did do his best work after to emigrated to the US.

--
Daryl