Nice guys get sick.

aus+uk / uk.people.silversurfers / Re: My Hospital visit 01/04/2023

SubjectAuthor
* My Hospital visit 01/04/2023Flyi?g ?u? 2?22+
+* Re: My Hospital visit 01/04/2023kat
|`- Re: My Hospital visit 01/04/2023Flyi?g ?u? 2?22+
`* Re: My Hospital visit 01/04/2023Indy Jess John
 `* Re: My Hospital visit 01/04/2023Flyi?g ?u? 2?22+
  `* Re: My Hospital visit 01/04/2023Indy Jess John
   `* Re: My Hospital visit 01/04/2023Flyi?g ?u? 2?22+
    `* Re: My Hospital visit 01/04/2023Indy Jess John
     +- Re: My Hospital visit 01/04/2023Oliver
     `- Re: My Hospital visit 01/04/2023Flyi?g ?u? 2?22+

1
My Hospital visit 01/04/2023

<k8r86sFuc29U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5567&group=uk.people.silversurfers#5567

From: flying...@roseofwhite.plus.com (Flyi?g ?u? 2?22+)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Subject: My Hospital visit 01/04/2023
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2023 18:33:17 +0100
 by: Flyi?g ?u? 2?22+ - Sat, 1 Apr 2023 17:33 UTC

Busy, very full day. I was at the hospital around a couple of hours
this morning. In that time I saw just two nurses. The first one
measured my height, weighed me and then took an EGG. Then she asked
loads of questions about me and my various health problems over the
years. Then she passed me on to another nurse who continued
interrogation after taking swabs from nostrils and groin to check for
MRSA and then took blood. Both were concerned about me being too frail
have the 'in the day' fitting of the Pacemaker, especially as I lived
alone and didn't have anyone who could stay at home with me overnight
following the procedure. So they will be discussing whether they change
their plans and keep in overnight or make an new appointment including
for an overnight or arrange to keep in overnight on Good Friday. In the
past few weeks I have deliberated told them that I do live alone and
have no-one to stay overnight. So I was told that if I don't hear from
them before Good Friday then I should just turn up at 09:00 on Friday.
--
Heard messages are sweet but those Unheard are sweeter.
FN 2�22+. Mungo Brandybuck of Buckland..

Re: My Hospital visit 01/04/2023

<k8rdqaFmujU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5568&group=uk.people.silversurfers#5568

From: littleli...@hotmail.com (kat)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Subject: Re: My Hospital visit 01/04/2023
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2023 20:08:58 +0100
 by: kat - Sat, 1 Apr 2023 19:08 UTC

On 01/04/2023 18:33, Flyi�g �u� 2�22+ wrote:
> Busy, very full day. I was at the hospital around a couple of hours
> this morning. In that time I saw just two nurses. The first one
> measured my height, weighed me and then took an EGG. Then she asked
> loads of questions about me and my various health problems over the
> years. Then she passed me on to another nurse who continued
> interrogation after taking swabs from nostrils and groin to check for
> MRSA and then took blood. Both were concerned about me being too frail
> have the 'in the day' fitting of the Pacemaker, especially as I lived
> alone and didn't have anyone who could stay at home with me overnight
> following the procedure. So they will be discussing whether they change
> their plans and keep in overnight or make an new appointment including
> for an overnight or arrange to keep in overnight on Good Friday. In the
> past few weeks I have deliberated told them that I do live alone and
> have no-one to stay overnight. So I was told that if I don't hear from
> them before Good Friday then I should just turn up at 09:00 on Friday.

Hope someone can look after the cats. I like chcking out your posts about them
every day:-)

Seriously, I hope it all goes well, and you get home safe and sound the next day.

--
kat
>^..^<

Re: My Hospital visit 01/04/2023

<k8t35dF8t6qU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5571&group=uk.people.silversurfers#5571

From: flying...@roseofwhite.plus.com (Flyi?g ?u? 2?22+)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2023 11:19:27 +0100
 by: Flyi?g ?u? 2?22+ - Sun, 2 Apr 2023 10:19 UTC

--
Heard messages are sweet but those Unheard are sweeter.
FN 2�22+. Mungo Brandybuck of Buckland..
flyingnun@roseofwhite.plus.com

Re: My Hospital visit 01/04/2023

<u0clnr$2k86s$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5572&group=uk.people.silversurfers#5572

From: bathwatc...@OMITTHISgooglemail.com (Indy Jess John)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2023 20:40:42 +0100
 by: Indy Jess John - Sun, 2 Apr 2023 19:40 UTC

On 01/04/2023 18:33, Flyi�g �u� 2�22+ wrote:
> Busy, very full day. I was at the hospital around a couple of hours
> this morning. In that time I saw just two nurses. The first one
> measured my height, weighed me and then took an EGG. Then she asked
> loads of questions about me and my various health problems over the
> years. Then she passed me on to another nurse who continued
> interrogation after taking swabs from nostrils and groin to check for
> MRSA and then took blood. Both were concerned about me being too frail
> have the 'in the day' fitting of the Pacemaker, especially as I lived
> alone and didn't have anyone who could stay at home with me overnight
> following the procedure. So they will be discussing whether they change
> their plans and keep in overnight or make an new appointment including
> for an overnight or arrange to keep in overnight on Good Friday. In the
> past few weeks I have deliberated told them that I do live alone and
> have no-one to stay overnight. So I was told that if I don't hear from
> them before Good Friday then I should just turn up at 09:00 on Friday.

The medics do tend to be over-cautious.

The last time I went in for a minor procedure, done under local
anaesthetic, I was told not to drive myself there, and when I said I had
a wife at home I was told that when the procedure was over I had to
phone her to come and collect me and we had to go home in a taxi for
door to door transport.

After similar swab tests to the ones you will have I had the procedure,
then had to rest for 2 hours before phoning home, and on arrival my wife
was told to phone the hospital immediately if I had any problems in the
next 24 hours. I was told not to attempt to drive for 48 hours after
getting home.

Of course, there were no problems. I suppose the hospital had to cover
all possibilities though.

Jim

Re: My Hospital visit 01/04/2023

<k8virbFkpp9U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5577&group=uk.people.silversurfers#5577

From: flying...@roseofwhite.plus.com (Flyi?g ?u? 2?22+)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2023 09:59:24 +0100
 by: Flyi?g ?u? 2?22+ - Mon, 3 Apr 2023 08:59 UTC

Indy Jess John wrote:
> On 01/04/2023 18:33, Flyi?g ?u? 2?22+ wrote:
>> Busy, very full day. I was at the hospital around a couple of
>> hours this morning. In that time I saw just two nurses. The first
>> one measured my height, weighed me and then took an EGG. Then she
>> asked loads of questions about me and my various health problems
>> over the years. Then she passed me on to another nurse who continued
>> interrogation after taking swabs from nostrils and groin to check for
>> MRSA and then took blood. Both were concerned about me being too
>> frail have the 'in the day' fitting of the Pacemaker, especially as
>> I lived alone and didn't have anyone who could stay at home with me
>> overnight following the procedure. So they will be discussing
>> whether they change their plans and keep in overnight or make an new
>> appointment including for an overnight or arrange to keep in
>> overnight on Good Friday. In the past few weeks I have deliberated
>> told them that I do live alone and have no-one to stay overnight. So
>> I was told that if I don't hear from them before Good Friday then
>> I should just turn up at 09:00 on Friday.
>
> The medics do tend to be over-cautious.
>
> The last time I went in for a minor procedure, done under local
> anaesthetic, I was told not to drive myself there, and when I said I
> had a wife at home I was told that when the procedure was over I had
> to phone her to come and collect me and we had to go home in a taxi
> for door to door transport.
>
> After similar swab tests to the ones you will have I had the
> procedure, then had to rest for 2 hours before phoning home, and on
> arrival my wife was told to phone the hospital immediately if I had
> any problems in the next 24 hours. I was told not to attempt to
> drive for 48 hours after getting home.
>
> Of course, there were no problems. I suppose the hospital had to cover
> all possibilities though.
>
> Jim

Yes but they have known for months that I had nobody at home and yet
booked me in for the day job with no overnight stay there. So on on
Friday morning, if don't here from them first, What do I take with me?
And Sootie will have to be taken to the kitty hotel on Thursday
afternoon. ?????
--
Heard messages are sweet but those Unheard are sweeter.
FN 2�22+. Mungo Brandybuck of Buckland..
flyingnun@roseofwhite.plus.com

Re: My Hospital visit 01/04/2023

<u0e7qc$2u0i1$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5579&group=uk.people.silversurfers#5579

From: bathwatc...@OMITTHISgooglemail.com (Indy Jess John)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2023 10:55:23 +0100
 by: Indy Jess John - Mon, 3 Apr 2023 09:55 UTC

On 03/04/2023 09:59, Flyi�g �u� 2�22+ wrote:
> Indy Jess John wrote:
>> On 01/04/2023 18:33, Flyi?g ?u? 2?22+ wrote:
>>> Busy, very full day. I was at the hospital around a couple of
>>> hours this morning. In that time I saw just two nurses. The first
>>> one measured my height, weighed me and then took an EGG. Then she
>>> asked loads of questions about me and my various health problems
>>> over the years. Then she passed me on to another nurse who continued
>>> interrogation after taking swabs from nostrils and groin to check for
>>> MRSA and then took blood. Both were concerned about me being too
>>> frail have the 'in the day' fitting of the Pacemaker, especially as
>>> I lived alone and didn't have anyone who could stay at home with me
>>> overnight following the procedure. So they will be discussing
>>> whether they change their plans and keep in overnight or make an new
>>> appointment including for an overnight or arrange to keep in
>>> overnight on Good Friday. In the past few weeks I have deliberated
>>> told them that I do live alone and have no-one to stay overnight. So
>>> I was told that if I don't hear from them before Good Friday then
>>> I should just turn up at 09:00 on Friday.
>>
>> The medics do tend to be over-cautious.
>>
>> The last time I went in for a minor procedure, done under local
>> anaesthetic, I was told not to drive myself there, and when I said I
>> had a wife at home I was told that when the procedure was over I had
>> to phone her to come and collect me and we had to go home in a taxi
>> for door to door transport.
>>
>> After similar swab tests to the ones you will have I had the
>> procedure, then had to rest for 2 hours before phoning home, and on
>> arrival my wife was told to phone the hospital immediately if I had
>> any problems in the next 24 hours. I was told not to attempt to
>> drive for 48 hours after getting home.
>>
>> Of course, there were no problems. I suppose the hospital had to cover
>> all possibilities though.
>>
>> Jim
>
> Yes but they have known for months that I had nobody at home and yet
> booked me in for the day job with no overnight stay there. So on on
> Friday morning, if don't here from them first, What do I take with me?
> And Sootie will have to be taken to the kitty hotel on Thursday
> afternoon. ?????

In your circumstances I would guess you would be kept in overnight. Your
procedure sounds a bit more risky than mine. I would be inclined to
phone the hospital today or tomorrow and ask what they expect to happen,
and then act accordingly.

Failing that, the default assumption should be that you will stay in
overnight, and act accordingly. I wonder if you were given a Good
Friday date because hospitals find it difficult to fill bank holiday
appointments and there is very likely to be a spare bed for you.

Jim

Re: My Hospital visit 01/04/2023

<k92chkF3k5dU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5584&group=uk.people.silversurfers#5584

From: flying...@roseofwhite.plus.com (Flyi?g ?u? 2?22+)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2023 11:30:13 +0100
 by: Flyi?g ?u? 2?22+ - Tue, 4 Apr 2023 10:30 UTC

Indy Jess John wrote:
> On 03/04/2023 09:59, Flyi?g ?u? 2?22+ wrote:
>>>
>>> The medics do tend to be over-cautious.
>>>
>>> The last time I went in for a minor procedure, done under local
>>> anaesthetic, I was told not to drive myself there, and when I said I
>>> had a wife at home I was told that when the procedure was over I had
>>> to phone her to come and collect me and we had to go home in a taxi
>>> for door to door transport.
>>>
>>> After similar swab tests to the ones you will have I had the
>>> procedure, then had to rest for 2 hours before phoning home, and on
>>> arrival my wife was told to phone the hospital immediately if I had
>>> any problems in the next 24 hours. I was told not to attempt to
>>> drive for 48 hours after getting home.
>>>
>>> Of course, there were no problems. I suppose the hospital had to
>>> cover all possibilities though.
>>>
>>> Jim
>>
>> Yes but they have known for months that I had nobody at home and yet
>> booked me in for the day job with no overnight stay there. So on on
>> Friday morning, if don't here from them first, What do I take with
>> me? And Sootie will have to be taken to the kitty hotel on Thursday
>> afternoon. ?????
>
> In your circumstances I would guess you would be kept in overnight.
> Your procedure sounds a bit more risky than mine. I would be
> inclined to phone the hospital today or tomorrow and ask what they
> expect to happen, and then act accordingly.
>
> Failing that, the default assumption should be that you will stay in
> overnight, and act accordingly. I wonder if you were given a Good
> Friday date because hospitals find it difficult to fill bank holiday
> appointments and there is very likely to be a spare bed for you.
>
> Jim

Yes I will be having the procedure on the Thursday (27/04/2023)
afternoon. It is then the plan that I stay in overnight and return home
on the Friday (28/04/2023) if all goes well.
--
Heard messages are sweet but those Unheard are sweeter.
FN 2�22+. Mungo Brandybuck of Buckland..
flyingnun@roseofwhite.plus.com

Re: My Hospital visit 01/04/2023

<u0hcri$3f1s0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5586&group=uk.people.silversurfers#5586

From: bathwatc...@OMITTHISgooglemail.com (Indy Jess John)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2023 15:39:47 +0100
 by: Indy Jess John - Tue, 4 Apr 2023 14:39 UTC

On 04/04/2023 11:30, Flyi�g �u� 2�22+ wrote:
> Indy Jess John wrote:

>>> Yes but they have known for months that I had nobody at home and yet
>>> booked me in for the day job with no overnight stay there. So on on
>>> Friday morning, if don't here from them first, What do I take with
>>> me? And Sootie will have to be taken to the kitty hotel on Thursday
>>> afternoon. ?????
>>
>> In your circumstances I would guess you would be kept in overnight.
>> Your procedure sounds a bit more risky than mine. I would be
>> inclined to phone the hospital today or tomorrow and ask what they
>> expect to happen, and then act accordingly.
>>
>> Failing that, the default assumption should be that you will stay in
>> overnight, and act accordingly. I wonder if you were given a Good
>> Friday date because hospitals find it difficult to fill bank holiday
>> appointments and there is very likely to be a spare bed for you.
>>
>> Jim
>
> Yes I will be having the procedure on the Thursday (27/04/2023)
> afternoon. It is then the plan that I stay in overnight and return home
> on the Friday (28/04/2023) if all goes well.

It is a bit later than the Good Friday you were originally told, but in
some ways that is good news because I have just seen news of a Junior
Doctor's strike and that should be well in the past by the 27th.

It might be better for the kitty hotel too, because they must be a bit
busier as people take a holiday over Easter. Just a thought though - as
Sooty is a rehomed cat, would the charity you got her from be able to
find a cat foster carer for a couple of days? It might be less stressful
for Sooty if they can.

Jim

Re: My Hospital visit 01/04/2023

<u0i3ja$3ihhb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5588&group=uk.people.silversurfers#5588

From: ofs...@blackyonder.co.uk (Oliver)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2023 22:07:54 +0100
 by: Oliver - Tue, 4 Apr 2023 21:07 UTC

On 04/04/2023 15:39, Indy Jess John wrote:
> Just a thought though - as Sooty is a rehomed cat, would the charity you
> got her from be able to find a cat foster carer for a couple of days? It
> might be less stressful for Sooty if they can.

Good idea. Worth enquiring.

--
Oliver

Re: My Hospital visit 01/04/2023

<k94u4jFfjokU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5591&group=uk.people.silversurfers#5591

From: flying...@roseofwhite.plus.com (Flyi?g ?u? 2?22+)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2023 10:42:45 +0100
 by: Flyi?g ?u? 2?22+ - Wed, 5 Apr 2023 09:42 UTC

Indy Jess John wrote:
> On 04/04/2023 11:30, Flyi?g ?u? 2?22+ wrote:

>>> In your circumstances I would guess you would be kept in overnight.
>>> Your procedure sounds a bit more risky than mine. I would be
>>> inclined to phone the hospital today or tomorrow and ask what they
>>> expect to happen, and then act accordingly.
>>>
>>> Failing that, the default assumption should be that you will stay in
>>> overnight, and act accordingly. I wonder if you were given a Good
>>> Friday date because hospitals find it difficult to fill bank holiday
>>> appointments and there is very likely to be a spare bed for you.
>>>
>>> Jim
>>
>> Yes I will be having the procedure on the Thursday (27/04/2023)
>> afternoon. It is then the plan that I stay in overnight and return
>> home on the Friday (28/04/2023) if all goes well.
>
> It is a bit later than the Good Friday you were originally told, but
> in some ways that is good news because I have just seen news of a
> Junior Doctor's strike and that should be well in the past by the
> 27th.
> It might be better for the kitty hotel too, because they must be a bit
> busier as people take a holiday over Easter. Just a thought though -
> as Sooty is a rehomed cat, would the charity you got her from be able
> to find a cat foster carer for a couple of days? It might be less
> stressful for Sooty if they can.
>
> Jim

She came here around 10 years ago and I know the 'Sheffield Cat Shelter
are always choc-a-bloc and won't deliver back.