Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 11 May 2021 09:31:08 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Not-so-Near Miss of the Day 582: Bristol driver pulls out on cyclist
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Tue, 11 May 2021 16:31 UTC

Now and again on our Near Miss of the Day series, we feature a video where a driver's actions has resulted in their vehicle making contact with a cyclist – and that’s what we have today in this footage shot by road.cc reader Matt.

“I was cycling down Jacob's Wells Road in Bristol, hit a traffic queue and began filtering to the ASL,” he told us.

“As I filtered on the left side, a motorist pulled out in front of me without indicating, resulting in a very minor collision between myself and her front wing.

“At the time, I was a bit shocked and I berated the motorist for not looking – she said that she simply hadn't seen me.

“Having rewatched the footage I'm not sure who's at fault, though – the road layout, with its on-street parking, means that drivers might not realise cyclists are filtering down the left side. And, to be fair to the driver, she seemed shocked and remorseful.”

Matt added: “I haven't reported this incident to the police because I think the driver committed a genuine mistake, compounded by the road layout, and she seemed shocked and remorseful.”

https://road.cc/content/news/near-miss-day-582-bristol-driver-strikes-cyclist-283255

Re: Not-so-Near Miss of the Day 582: Bristol driver pulls out on cyclist

<s7g09k$j23$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=576&group=uk.rec.cycling#576

From: dr6...@gmail.com (TMS320)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Not-so-Near Miss of the Day 582: Bristol driver pulls out on
cyclist
Date: Wed, 12 May 2021 08:32:03 +0100
 by: TMS320 - Wed, 12 May 2021 07:32 UTC

On 11/05/2021 17:31, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> “I was cycling down Jacob's Wells Road in Bristol, hit a traffic
> queue and began filtering to the ASL,” he told us.
>
> “As I filtered on the left side, a motorist pulled out in front of me
> without indicating, resulting in a very minor collision between
> myself and her front wing.

> https://road.cc/content/news/near-miss-day-582-bristol-driver-strikes-cyclist-283255

It took a few views to work out what he was describing. Pity we don't
see what he saw. Filtering is no problem but there is no doubt the
contact was his lack of caution.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Not-so-Near Miss of the Day 582: Bristol driver pulls out on cyclist