From: snipec...@gmail.com (Sn!pe)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Subject: I've just updated to 12.2 and now 'Sticky Keys' doesn't work.
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2022 17:15:32 +0000
 by: Sn!pe - Thu, 27 Jan 2022 17:15 UTC

I wrote:
[...]
> > > I've just updated to 12.2 and now my 'Sticky Keys' doesn't work.
> > >
> > > Enabling 'Sticky Keys' shows the indicator briefly on the screen as
> > > normal, the CMD / SHIFT / OPT / etc. modifier keys, do likewise
> > > but those keys don't stick and the 'Press Shift five times' switch
> > > doesn't work. Has anyone else seen this?
> > >

> > Shift keys seems to be working OK on my M1 MBP plus the shift*5 toggle.
> >

> I meant Sticky Keys - too damn early for me ;)

This is really peculiar. I normally use a large external monitor as
main for my MBP M1X with its lid closed. Since the update I find that
if the MBP lid is open then Sticky Keys works as expected but when I
close it, the modifier keys won't stick.

After the update I did find that my external display resolution had
changed from its previous setting. Is that relevant? Who knows...

I think I'll reinstall 12.2 with the external screen disconnected, to
eliminate any odd interference effects.

[later]

After reinstalling 12.2 the symptoms are just the same: with the MBP
lid open, Sticky Keys works; with it closed, it doesn't. Any ideas?

--
^Ï^ <https://youtu.be/_kqytf31a8E>

My pet rock Gordon just is.

Re: I've just updated to 12.2 and now 'Sticky Keys' doesn't work.

<1pmnzp9.1imsfjp2fmgfsN%snipeco.2@gmail.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5876&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#5876

From: snipec...@gmail.com (Sn!pe)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2022 21:08:43 +0000
 by: Sn!pe - Mon, 31 Jan 2022 21:08 UTC

Sn!pe <snipeco.2@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]
> This is really peculiar. I normally use a large external monitor as
> main for my MBP M1X with its lid closed. Since the update I find that
> if the MBP lid is open then Sticky Keys works as expected but when I
> close it, the modifier keys won't stick.
>
> After the update I did find that my external display resolution had
> changed from its previous setting. Is that relevant? Who knows...
>
> I think I'll reinstall 12.2 with the external screen disconnected, to
> eliminate any odd interference effects.
>
> [later]
>
> After reinstalling 12.2 the symptoms are just the same: with the MBP
> lid open, Sticky Keys works; with it closed, it doesn't. Any ideas?

As there are no suggestions from here, I suppose I'll just have to
leave my MBP open. It's annoying but not the end of the world.

--
^Ï^ <https://youtu.be/_kqytf31a8E>

My pet rock Gordon just is.