Computer programs expand so as to fill the core available.

aus+uk / aus.legal / Re: Australian Grand Prix Corporation sued for cancellation

SubjectAuthor
* Australian Grand Prix Corporation sued for cancellationFalscher Bruce
+- Re: Australian Grand Prix Corporation sued for cancellationMax
`* Re: Australian Grand Prix Corporation sued for cancellationSylvia Else
 +* Re: Australian Grand Prix Corporation sued for cancellationMax
 |`- Re: Australian Grand Prix Corporation sued for cancellationSylvia Else
 `- Re: Australian Grand Prix Corporation sued for cancellationPhil Allison

1
Australian Grand Prix Corporation sued for cancellation

<e8d1d332-6ca0-49ff-b175-4cb0bb96e6f5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5827&group=aus.legal#5827

Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2022 14:53:03 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Australian Grand Prix Corporation sued for cancellation
From: bruc...@topmail.co.nz (Falscher Bruce)
 by: Falscher Bruce - Mon, 4 Apr 2022 21:53 UTC

Why did World Touring Melbourne wait 2 years to do this? Did they really explect it to go on during a pandemic before vaccines? What a bunch of dickflutes. Hmmm one of the booked acts, Miley Cyrus was still at home too scared to travel anyway.

Re: Australian Grand Prix Corporation sued for cancellation

<t2h6gt$1occ$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5829&group=aus.legal#5829

From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2022 20:43:40 +1000
 by: Max - Tue, 5 Apr 2022 10:43 UTC

On 5/04/2022 7:53 am, Falscher Bruce wrote:
> Why did World Touring Melbourne wait 2 years to do this? Did they really explect it to go on during a pandemic before vaccines? What a bunch of dickflutes. Hmmm one of the booked acts, Miley Cyrus was still at home too scared to travel anyway.

Did Touring Melbourne invest money into the events expecting some
return, and then the events didn't happen?

Is that what they are suing about?

Re: Australian Grand Prix Corporation sued for cancellation

<jb56b5FhpokU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5837&group=aus.legal#5837

From: syl...@email.invalid (Sylvia Else)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2022 19:54:44 +1000
 by: Sylvia Else - Wed, 6 Apr 2022 09:54 UTC

On 05-Apr-22 7:53 am, Falscher Bruce wrote:
> Why did World Touring Melbourne wait 2 years to do this? Did they really explect it to go on during a pandemic before vaccines? What a bunch of dickflutes. Hmmm one of the booked acts, Miley Cyrus was still at home too scared to travel anyway.

I'm sure Australian Grand Prix Corporation will argue that the contract
was frustrated by the pandemic. If the court accepts that, then World
Touring Australia will lose and have to pay costs.

This is, of course, unless the contract specifically addressed what
should happen in an epidemic or pandemic, or where the government
imposes restrictions.

Sylvia.

Re: Australian Grand Prix Corporation sued for cancellation

<t2r4vo$1mhq$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5838&group=aus.legal#5838

From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2022 15:18:47 +1000
 by: Max - Sat, 9 Apr 2022 05:18 UTC

On 6/04/2022 7:54 pm, Sylvia Else wrote:
> On 05-Apr-22 7:53 am, Falscher Bruce wrote:
>> Why did World Touring Melbourne wait 2 years to do this? Did they
>> really explect it to go on during a pandemic before vaccines? What a
>> bunch of dickflutes. Hmmm one of the booked acts, Miley Cyrus was
>> still at home too scared to travel anyway.
>
> I'm sure Australian Grand Prix Corporation will argue that the contract
> was frustrated by the pandemic. If the court accepts that, then World
> Touring Australia will lose and have to pay costs.

Surely it will be settled out of court? Only cases that could go either
way make it to court.

> This is, of course, unless the contract specifically addressed what
> should happen in an epidemic or pandemic, or where the government
> imposes restrictions.
>
> Sylvia.

Re: Australian Grand Prix Corporation sued for cancellation

<jbcqjdF1ionU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5839&group=aus.legal#5839

From: syl...@email.invalid (Sylvia Else)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2022 17:23:24 +1000
 by: Sylvia Else - Sat, 9 Apr 2022 07:23 UTC

On 09-Apr-22 3:18 pm, Max wrote:
> On 6/04/2022 7:54 pm, Sylvia Else wrote:
>> On 05-Apr-22 7:53 am, Falscher Bruce wrote:
>>> Why did World Touring Melbourne wait 2 years to do this? Did they
>>> really explect it to go on during a pandemic before vaccines? What a
>>> bunch of dickflutes. Hmmm one of the booked acts, Miley Cyrus was
>>> still at home too scared to travel anyway.
>>
>> I'm sure Australian Grand Prix Corporation will argue that the
>> contract was frustrated by the pandemic. If the court accepts that,
>> then World Touring Australia will lose and have to pay costs.
>>

> Surely it will be settled out of court?  Only cases that could go either
> way make it to court.

You'd think so, but sometimes plaintiffs or defendants just won't be told.

Sylvia.

Re: Australian Grand Prix Corporation sued for cancellation

<bed3b2ad-0205-4a73-b0e8-b370fe3a9f5cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5840&group=aus.legal#5840

Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2022 18:04:28 -0700 (PDT)
From: palliso...@gmail.com (Phil Allison)
 by: Phil Allison - Sun, 10 Apr 2022 01:04 UTC

Sylvia Else wrote:
==============

> Falscher Bruce wrote:
>
> > Why did World Touring Melbourne wait 2 years to do this?
>> Did they really explect it to go on during a pandemic before vaccines?
>> What a bunch of dickflutes. Hmmm one of the booked acts,
>> Miley Cyrus was still at home too scared to travel anyway.
>

> I'm sure Australian Grand Prix Corporation will argue that the contract
> was frustrated by the pandemic. If the court accepts that, then World
> Touring Australia will lose and have to pay costs.
>
> This is, of course, unless the contract specifically addressed what
> should happen in an epidemic or pandemic, or where the government
> imposes restrictions.

** As usual, one cannot sensibly discuss a contract dispute WITHOUT seeing the damn contract.
Lawyers all know this and would insist on seeing the doc before saying a word.

OTOH journalists and the public have no such inhibition.

...... Phil